Contact the Orange County personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase for immediate assistance if you have been injured in an accident & need help with a personal injury case & are seeking financial compensation.
A large number of accidents and injuries happen every day in Orange County. It is a major area, with 34 separate cities including Anaheim, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, and Irvine. These cities cover a massive 950 square mile area of Southern California. Our Orange County personal injury attorneys can help you receive maximum financial compensation for your losses.
Some common questions people ask after an injury
- What is the amount a personal injury lawyer can charge me?
- Can you handle a personal injury claim by yourself?
- Do most personal injury cases settle?
- What are the attorney’s fees?
These are all very fundamental and important questions you should be asking your personal injury lawyer. Before entering the contract make sure you understand the time expected to settle or go to court and the fee structure. Most personal injury law firms work on contingency so you won’t be charged if your case isn’t successful. This is very important because most have already suffered serious financial setbacks. You can handle your own personal injury claim, but the process typically tends to be long and complicated and getting the best results usually requires extensive negotiating skills. Most PI claims do settle, although some will require going to court. The attorney fee will typically be between 22-25% of the amount recovered – depending on resources involved in the personal injury claim. Those cases requiring more resources (experts, evidence safeguarding, etc.) can charge more to offset the costs to the law firm.
Orange County has more than 3 million residents, but it is also a tourist magnet. The county is flooded by 50 million visitors every year, taking in attractions including Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, beautiful beaches, South Coast Plaza, and much more.
But with so many people, the risks are even greater. Roads such as the I-405, the I-5, Pacific Coast Highway, and Beach Boulevard are all accident hotspots due to the sheer amount of traffic. OC also has a huge number of dog owners and a lot of dog attack incidents. Our Orange County dog bite lawyers have recovered millions for our clients.
Whether you were hurt by a car crash or a dog bite, you may be able to seek justice and financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim. In order to protect yourself and improve your claim, it is always best to speak to a personal injury attorney before discussing the accident with an at-fault party or insurance agent to determine the amount of pain and suffering that may be calculated & medical treatment needed,
Bisnar Chase has been helping Southern Californian residents for more than 44 years. If you have been hurt or have serious injuries and need help, contact an Orange County personal injury attorney at our firm now. Call (949) 203-3814 or email us for a free consultation with no obligations
Orange County Personal Injury Resources
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Orange County
Navigating the legal system in California after an accident can be a minefield. But at Bisnar Chase we are here to make it easy for you. Consulting with a qualified Orange County personal injury lawyer can be very beneficial to your case and its success.
There are two types of law: criminal and civil. If a drunk driver crashes into another car and causes injuries, they may be arrested and face criminal charges. But they could also face a civil lawsuit. That is where we come in. We are plaintiff injury lawyers serving accident victims across Orange County.
A personal injury lawsuit is a type of civil claim. It involves the plaintiff (the victim) filing a claim against the at-fault party whose negligence has caused the accident, known in legal terms as the defendant. Personal injury lawsuits result in a financial award to the victim, typically after serious injuries.
The purpose of filing a personal injury claim in Orange County is to make sure the victim is financially compensated. No one should be left out of pocket and suffering if they have been injured in an accident through no fault of their own.
If you have been hurt in a car accident, turn to the Orange County car accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase for help now. There is a time limit, so contact us for a free case review sooner rather than later!
Common Accidents in Orange County, CA
Our Orange County Personal Injury law firm takes on a wide variety of accident & injury lawsuit cases & claims. People can be hurt anywhere – from crossing the road to slipping on a wet store floor. We have been based in California for more than four decades, with an office in Newport Beach, and have built up a huge level of expertise in that time.
Some of the most common accident cases that we take include:
- Car accidents: Car crashes happen daily in Orange County. California has one of the highest collision rates of any state, and OC is statistically one of the most dangerous areas. Car accidents can cause anything from minor injuries to fatalities. We also handle other auto accidents, including motorcycle crashes, truck accidents, and parking lot accidents.
- Dog bites: There are about 4.5 million dog bites across the U.S. every year, and California routinely has the most dog attack incidents. The American Veterinary Medical Association reported that each year 800,000 people require medical treatment due to dog bites, and Orange County streets, parks, and beaches are always packed with dog walkers.
- Slip and falls: The impact of a fall after a slip or trip can leave people with major injuries. The most common slip and fall locations include public settings such as pools, restaurants, bars, or grocery stores. The property owner or manager has a duty of care and could be held liable for injuries.
- Class action: Class action lawsuits are filed by a group of people with the same legal claim. Types of class action cases typically involve employment cases or defective product cases.
- Product liability: People who are injured while using a consumer product have the right to file a personal injury claim. Victims who have suffered harm due to a poorly designed or manufactured product, or a defective product that malfunctions, can file a product liability lawsuit with the Orange County courts.
- Truck accidents: Big rigs and semi-trucks are common sights in Orange County, supplying the many businesses across the area. But they are also huge and heavy vehicles that cause major damage when they are involved in collisions. An Orange County truck accident attorney can help victims secure financial compensation including future medical care.
- Pedestrian and cycling accidents: A huge number of accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists occur in Orange County, especially in coastal cities such as Huntington Beach and Newport Beach.
- Hoverboard, e-bike, and e-scooter accidents: It is not just traditional bicycles that are involved in accidents. More and more incidents are now involving high-tech modes of transport such as electric bikes, e-scooters, and hoverboards.
- Employment law: We do not only handle injury claims. We also help Orange County employees who have been treated unfairly. Contact us for wrongful termination, harassment, and many other types of workplace complaints.
- Wrongful death: In extreme cases, a person will die due to somebody else’s negligence. In these instances, surviving loved ones can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Orange County to seek compensation for their enormous loss.
The above are just some of the common cases we deal with across Orange County. A few others include:
- Auto defects
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Swimming pool injuries
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bus incident
- Boating accidents
- Public transport collisions
- Amusement park accidents
You do not have to suffer financially due to someone else’s negligence. Speak to an Orange County personal injury lawyer today to maximize the financial compensation including medical care you could receive.
Why Hire Bisnar Chase for an Orange County Case?
Do you even need to hire an Orange County personal injury lawyer after an accident, and if so, why is Bisnar Chase the right law firm for you?
These are very reasonable questions. First of all, we believe that working with an experienced Orange County injury attorney is essential. Dealing with negotiations with insurance agents, or trying to file the necessary paperwork with the courts, can be stressful and difficult. It is easy to go wrong and make missteps that end up costing you money.
By working with an attorney, you allow us to take the burden off your shoulders while improving your chances of success and maximizing the amount of money you could take home. So, why is Bisnar Chase the firm for you?
There are certain criteria that are essential:
- Experience in Orange County. Knowledge of the local courts.
- Experience with cases like yours.
- Long established with years in business.
- A proven track record of success.
- Free consultations and a no win no fee promise.
- Trial experience.
- A firm that cares about its clients and is easy to contact.
Bisnar Chase excels in all of these areas. We have been in business since 1978, helping thousands of clients. We have a 99% success rate, plenty of courtroom experience, and take great pride in helping people throughout the area. Work with an expert Orange County personal injury lawyer to make sure you get the support you need after an accident.
Verdicts and Settlements: What is Your Case Worth?
Personal injury law covers a huge range of accident and injury types. The amount of money that might be awarded to a client in compensation will always depend on how they were hurt. Bisnar Chase is a plaintiff’s law firm focused on the pursuit of justice. We will fight to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
These are some of the factors that affect the level of compensation a person might get:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Impact on future employment
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma
- Ongoing care costs
These are just some of the factors that could impact the amount of money you could be awarded through a settlement or jury verdict.
Compensation is meant to make you whole after an accident, covering any losses. This includes lost wages if you were unable to work during recovery, medical expenses, treatment costs, and much more.
Working with an Orange County personal injury attorney will ensure that you maximize the amount of compensation you could receive & that your financial interests are protected. Our team is made up of legal experts who have the experience and skill to win your case.
What to do After You Suffer an Injury in Orange County California?
Most people have no idea what to do after an accident. It can be a stressful and confusing time. But we can help you maneuver through the legal process smoothly.
Important steps that you should take after an accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately: Many people who are injured – whether they are in a car accident or hurt in a slip-and-fall incident – will downplay the severity of the harm they have suffered. This is not a smart or safe thing to do. Sometimes head injuries and traumatic brain damage can happen without the victim even realizing it. It is absolutely vital to seek appropriate treatment after an accident, no matter how minor you think your injuries are. This has dual benefits. The most important is that it ensures the victim is safe and properly treated. But it also provides proof of injury if a legal claim is filed. Once a victim has been properly treated, they can gather evidence and contact an effective OC personal injury lawyer to take on their case.
- Compile evidence from your accident: When you are involved in an accident you want to gather as much information as possible, whether it be from the driver that hit you in a car accident or a dog owner in an animal attack. For example, if it was a driver who injured you, collecting a driver’s license number, a car registration and insurance policy number will better support your claim. You would also want to have physical evidence of what occurred. Taking pictures or collecting witness statements can be a huge help in proving what happened.
- Contact an Orange County attorney: Dealing with an accident claim on your own is a nightmare. We have seen people try to do it, only to turn to a lawyer later when the process becomes overwhelming. Trust a professional with your claim. Our team of legal experts will build a strong case and take of all filing and negotiations.
You could also:
- File a police report
- Notify your insurance company
- Request related medical records
What Evidence is Needed to Win a Claim in the County of Orange?
We have mentioned compiling evidence to support an injury claim in Orange County.
Winning your case is our ultimate goal. In order to do so, your injury attorney will build the strongest case possible. It is best to support your legal claim with as much relevant evidence as possible.
Here is a detailed look at what you may need:
- A clear account of the incident, including the location, those involved, what happened, the time it occurred. Write everything down as soon as possible while your memories are fresh.
- A copy of your police or accident report if applicable.
- Medical records and documentation of your injuries.
- Witness statements and their contact information.
- Photos and or videos of the incident, injuries, those involved, etc.
We will add to this evidence with expert testimony, medical experts, and anything else required to win your case.
Dealing with an Insurance Company
When you are making a claim after suffering an injury in Orange County, you may have to deal with an insurance company. After an accident, you will often be making a claim or seeking a settlement from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Insurance adjusters will usually be pleasant and personable, but their job is to settle cases quickly and for the lowest amount possible. They will use any information you give them to do this. The best option is to contact a lawyer and let them handle all insurance company negotiations for you. However, if an insurance agent does call, you can use the tips below:
- Be polite and calm: The best thing that you can do while you are speaking to an adjuster is to be pleasant. You can decline to speak before talking to your lawyer, but be calm and courteous.
- Understand who you are speaking to: Do not go into a call blindsided when the insurance company contacts you. Collect the adjuster’s name, contact, position, and company they are calling from first.
- Do not give too much information about yourself: You only want to give basic information about yourself such as your name, home address, and cellphone number. You do not need to get into the specifics of your injuries and the circumstances of an accident without speaking to an attorney.
- Do not give in to the pressure to settle: Adjusters will usually try to settle a claim by the first call. This is due to the adjuster wanting to close the case and move on to the next. Insurance adjusters will also want you to settle for a lesser amount than what you deserve. You do not need to agree to anything at this point.
- Say no to the call being recorded: If a call is recorded, it can be used as evidence throughout the claim, even if you misunderstood a question or said something you did not mean to. You are well within your rights to refuse call recording, and should do so.
When possible, do not enter into discussions with insurance agents – either your own or those representing an at-fault party. Let your attorney handle the negotiations for you.
Mutual Fault in a Car Accident (Comparative Negligence)
Can you still file a lawsuit if you were partly at fault for an accident in Orange County?
The simple answer is yes. OC falls under California state law. As such, it uses comparative or contributory negligence laws.
Comparative negligence can apply to a case where two or more people are responsible for an accident. It means that if you were partially at fault for a crash, you can still make a claim. But any compensation you receive will be reduced.
For example: You suffer injuries in a car accident. You were partially to blame for making a left turn across traffic when a car was approaching. But the other car was speeding and ran a red light.
If you file the personal injury lawsuit in Orange County, a percentage of blame will be attributed to you. You may be found to be 10% at fault. In this case, according to comparative negligence laws, your compensation award would be reduced by 10%.
Orange County No Win No Fee Injury Attorneys
Many people are held back from filing a personal injury claim due to financial concerns. They believe they will have to pay a huge fee to an attorney working on their case – and it is true that some high-priced lawyers are only interested in getting as much commission as possible.
This does not apply to Bisnar Chase. We believe our skills and services should be open to all victims, including those most in need. We offer a no win no fee promise, which ensures that we are only paid if we win your case.
We advance the costs necessary to win your case to protect you from out-of-pocket expenses, including a free initial consultation with no obligations.
At Bisnar Chase, we really have you covered. If you or someone you love has been injured due to negligence or wrongdoing, call for a free no-strings-attached consultation to see if one of our accident attorneys can take your case.
Orange County Injury Attorney Claim FAQs
There is not a fixed amount of compensation that applies to every injury case. It will depend on the specifics of your cases and your losses. It may also ve impacted by whether your case is settled out of court or goes to trial. Consult with an Orange County personal injury attorney for guidance specific to your claim.
Hiring an accident lawyer in Orange County can be essential to winning your case. Working with an experienced lawyer will greatly improve your chances of success and maximize the compensation you could receive. Do not leave anything to chance or surrender the upper hand to the insurance negotiators. Work with an expert attorney who will fight and win for you.
According to California law, most personal injury lawsuits have to be filed within two years of an accident taking place. We recommend contacting an injury lawyer as soon as possible. This can be essential in preserving evidence and building the strongest case. Your Orange County accident lawyer will help guide you through every step of the process.
This is both a yes and no answer. Many settlements will not be taxed, especially if the compensation will go towards an accident victim’s medical expenses, mental anguish, pain, and suffering. There are exceptions to this rule though. The compensation received for personal physical injuries is excludable from taxable income for income tax purposes. IRS Code section 104(a)(2): There may be some types of compensation we collect – such as bystander negligent infliction of emotional distress – which might not be excludable. To make sure that the monetary amount that you received is non-taxable seek out legal advice from an expert.
Bisnar Chase: Passionate Accident & Injury Lawyers
Our law firm has the conviction, resources, and experience it takes to investigate and take on personal injury cases of all types for our clients.
It is our achievements and track record that set us apart:
- Personal injury law firm founded in 1978, based in Orange County, CA
- President of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Assoc., 2004.
- Multiple “Attorney of the Year” awards.
- Highest possible “AV” and Avvo attorney ratings.
- “Best Places to Work in Orange County” awards in 2012 and 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Founding partner John Bisnar discusses what it is about our team of Orange County personal injury lawyers and staff that makes such a difference and why we are so passionate about being compassionate.
Bisnar Chase: Outstanding Case Results
Bisnar Chase has an outstanding legal team and is prepared to take on cases involving all kinds of personal injuries, from wounds caused by a vicious dog bite to catastrophic car crash injuries.
We have had great success in winning compensation for our clients. We also often get referrals from other law firms due to our ability to handle complex cases requiring skill, resources, and experience.
Some of our claim successes include:
- $38,650,000 – MVA – Confidential
- $30,000,000 – Motorcycle accident
- $16,444,904 – Dangerous road condition, driver negligence
- $12,248,000 – Product Defect
- $10,030,000 – Premises negligence
- $9,800,000 – Motor vehicle accident
- $8,500,000 – Motor vehicle accident – wrongful death
- $8,250,000 – Premises liability
- $7,998,073 – Product liability – motor vehicle accident
- $5,000,000 – Auto Defect
- $4,250,000 – Product Liability
The Best Orange County Injury Lawyers Near Me
The Orange County personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase are compassionate and knowledgeable, with more than 43 years of trial experience.
Our team of legal professionals is of the highest quality. We have developed an outstanding 99% success rate, collecting more than $700 million for our clients across Southern California.
We have the resources and skills to get the best settlements and verdicts for our clients. Whether your case is worth $5,000 in damages or $500,000, we treat everyone like they are our only client.
Contact us for a free consultation and let us work to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (949) 203-3814 for immediate help, visit our law offices, or click to contact us.
Cities We Serve in Orange County
We help people all across California secure financial compensation for their injuries. Our law firm serves OC cities including:
- Newport Beach
- Santa Ana
- Costa Mesa
- Huntington Beach
- Laguna Beach
- Mission Viejo
- Garden Grove
- San Clemente
- Buena Park
- Lake Forest
- Yorba Linda
- Laguna Niguel
- Fountain Valley
Unsure if we can help you? Just give us a call and find out. Working with an Orange County personal injury lawyer from Bisnar Chase is the best way to secure a great outcome in your case.