Westminster Personal Injury Lawyers
The Westminster Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have been litigating cases involving accident victims for 40 years.
Injuries sustained from car accidents or slip and falls happen more often than people know. The people that are involved in these incidents are left in the emergency room with hefty medical bills. The law firm of Bisnar Chase has won over $650 million dollars in compensation for clients who have faced many financial losses from a catastrophic occurrence.
If you would like to receive a free consultation for your personal injury case, contact the Westminster personal injury attorneys at Bisnar Chase. When you call our law offices at 949-203-3814 you will have the opportunity to speak to a top-legal expert.
What Qualifies as a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is any physical, mental or emotional damage acquired by an accident. The accident that caused the harm to the victim is usually due to someone else's negligence.
A person who has experienced pain and suffering due to the carelessness of a third party can file a claim for a personal injury.
There are many types of incidents that can qualify as a personal injury, but there are two core aspects that need to be proven so an accident victim can gain the highest compensation for their injury. The two primary elements that must be proven in a personal injury case are "duty of care" and "breach of duty".
Duty of Care: Although there is not a set definition for "duty of care" there is a legal responsibility that the Supreme court has enforced among parties such as doctors and manufacturers to properly care for their clients. The duty does not only fall on professionals and business owners though, this duty of care is also extended to employers and drivers. Duty of care must be proven in order to hold a third party accountable for a victim's injuries.
Breach of Duty: When a third party has been determined for being a primary factor for an accident, it can then be determined that the third party violated their duty of care. One of the main questions that the courts will want to be answered is if the negligent party foresaw the risk of injury or was notified but did not take action to prevent injuries. For instance, if a manager was notified by an employee that the floor was slippery and the manager did not put a caution sign to warn customers to walk in that area, the courts will see this as an act of carelessness.
5 Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Catastrophic accidents that could have been prevented occur everyday. What's worse is that many lose their lives at the hands of someone's negligence. If you’ve been wrongly injured, somebody needs to be held accountable - both morally and financially.
Catastrophic accidents that could have been prevented occur every day. What's worse is that many lose their lives at the hands of someone's negligence. If you’ve been wrongly injured, somebody needs to be held accountable - both morally and financially.
Personal injury cases encompass more than you might think, they can include and result from:
- Car accidents: According to DriverKnowledge.com, over two million people suffer from permanent injuries every year due to car accidents. Auto accidents have a multitude of causes that range from drunk driving, speeding or texting and driving. Experts say that the way in which you can prevent an accident is by abiding by traffic laws and not driving distracted.
- Dog bites: Dogs can do more damage to a person than many people think. Reports have stated that over 27,000 cases of reconstruction surgery were performed in one year to restore the damages caused by dog bites. Dog Bite Statistics state that the primary victims of dog attacks are children and senior citizens. If you are approached by a dog that you are not familiar with do not look the dog directly in the eye and even if you feel compelled to, do not run, slowly proceed away from the dog.
- Defective products: In the United States millions of people have suffered serious injuries at the hands of product defects. Some of those product defects include house maintenance supplies, chemicals or children's products. Liable parties for catastrophic injuries can be the product designer or product manufacturer. If you or someone you know has experienced pain and suffering and are seeking representation for a products liability case, the Westminster Personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase will take on the big corporations for you and get you the highest compensation you deserve for your defective product case.
- Premises liability: A premise liability claim involves a victim being severely injured on the defendant's property. The most common premise liability lawsuit is a slip and fall injury. Slip and falls take place if a plaintiff slipped on wet floors or tripped over a poorly constructive set of stairs. Liability does not always fall on a property owner though. The employee or the supervisor at the time being of a store can also be held accountable for injuries especially if they were informed and did not do anything about it.
- Work accidents: Many employees are under the impression that when they are hurt at work, the company's insurance or workers compensation will cover the costs for the injuries. Although that may be true most of the time there are instances when an employee is not given the full amount of compensation. Lost wages and temporary disability may not be covered and workers are left to fend for themselves.
Where Do I Begin with my Personal Injury Claim?
Every personal injury case differs from the other in terms of injuries and damages that were obtained during the incident. The process of filing a claim can be daunting and complicated. Most accident victims are unaware of where to start when filing their personal injury claim. There are steps that you can take that would make the process easier.
Actions you can take when you pursuing your personal injury case are:
Ask if the insurance company will cover the damages: It is important before filing a personal injury claim for a car accident or slip and fall that you first inquire if the insurance company will offer you the compensation you would need to recover. There are instances though when you may be involved in an accident and the negligent party does not have insurance. If the liable entity does not have any assets to recover than the plaintiff may have a difficult time gaining any recovery for the damages.
Speak to a personal injury attorney: If you have experienced catastrophic injuries, it is in your best interest to speak to a personal injury lawyer. Many law firms provide a free consultation in which they will discuss whether you have a strong case to take to the courts. At times you may be offered a contingency fee as well. A contingency fee means that if your lawyer does not win your case you do not have to pay. Hiring an injury lawyer will increase your chances of gaining the maximum compensation for your case.
Filing a lawsuit: There are methods you can take to win the compensation you need before filing a claim. If the insurance company of the "third party" does agree to cover the cost of your injuries then you might not have to bring your case to the courts. Even if the insurance company has agreed to grant you the compensation you need if they are stalling or taking too long to reach a settlement you can still file a lawsuit.
The Westminster Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase are here to make the process of filing a personal injury claim easy and stress-free. Our attorneys will be with you every step of the way to make sure you are in the loop of knowing what's going on with your case.
Legal Representation in Westminster, CA
Bisnar Chase has been helping victims of personal injuries in Orange County for over 40 years with magnificent results. Westminster lies right in the heart of Orange County, and over the years we’ve seen hundreds of people who suffered from severe injuries. We’ve been representing clients in Westminster since 1978, and we have not only the passion but the knowledge to help you get what you deserve.
Contact the Westminster Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase at 949-203-3814. Upon your call you will receive a free consultation with an expert legal team member.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660