Have you been injured in a car accident, dog bite, or auto defect case? No matter what type of accident you have had, we can help. Our trial attorneys have decades of experience litigating tough cases. Contact the Riverside Personal Injury Attorneys of Bisnar Chase today for a free case review. A devastating injury can affect a victim and their family for years.
The impact of the injury is often physical, financial, and emotional. Many Inland Empire victims cannot work as they watch their medical expenses pile up. In cases where catastrophic injuries have been suffered, victims may never be able to return to work or earn a livelihood again.
It is important for anyone who has suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing to understand their legal rights and options.
- We have collected over $800 million in wins for our clients throughout Southern California
- Serving Riverside County for over 45 years
- 99% success rate
- Over 14,000 clients
Call (951) 530-3711 for a free consultation with no obligations. Bisnar Chase never charges a fee unless we win your case. You may be entitled to compensation, and our firm has the resources, experience, and skills to win your case.
Riverside Personal Injury Attorney
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost in California?
Most personal injury lawyers charge based on a contingency fee. Some do charge by the hour for around $285.00.In California, the average fee structure is 26-33% depending on the number of resources used to win your case.
There could be expert witness fees, storage fees for evidence, laboratories, medical experts, and investigators. These costs typically go onto a personal injury lien and are paid out after winning your case.
What is a good settlement offer in a personal injury lawsuit?
The amount you win will be based on the extent of your injuries and can include long-term medical care costs and other factors that increase the value of your personal injury claim.
Some cases are worth millions of dollars, and some can settle for as little as $5,000.00. After evaluating all the information, your attorney can tell you what they believe your case is worth.
How To Choose the Right Attorney for a Riverside Case
Many personal injury law firms in the Riverside area may be able to help you. But some firms have a greater track record than others and are a better bet to ensure you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
The following are some of the points you should look for in the best injury attorneys:
- Make sure you work with a personal injury lawyer who has recent experience handling cases similar to yours.
- Your initial consultation should always be free.
- The law firm should work on contingency with a no-win no, fee promise. The lawyer will not be paid unless they win for you.
- The firm should have extensive experience in and around the Riverside area. They will know the local courts, clerks, and legal agents. Local knowledge cannot be underestimated.
- Longevity is important. All attorneys have to start somewhere, but working with an experienced firm can give you greater peace of mind at a difficult time.
- A law firm with a great success rate.
- It is also essential to work with a law firm with the resources to take your case as far as it needs. This may mean going to trial if necessary.
- If your case goes to trial, you need to work with a firm of trial lawyers and attorneys who have handled trials and won before.
We firmly believe that working with Bisnar Chase offers you the best chance of success with your injury lawsuit in Riverside. We fulfill all of the criteria above. Our firm has been in business for more than 45 years, winning over $750 million for victims and their families.
We have represented countless clients throughout the Inland Empire and know the local courts well. With a success rate of 99% and a great track record in winning trials, Bisnar Chase is the top choice for your legal needs. We have taken on at-fault motorists, property owners, manufacturers, government entities, and many more in our efforts to secure justice and compensation for our clients.
Does Your Accident Fall under Personal Injury Law?
How do you know if you can file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident?
A personal injury claim is recognized as tort law. It allows accident victims to hold wrongdoers responsible for the damages and losses they have faced. The wrongdoer is the party that is held accountable for the injuries, usually causing the accident through an act of negligence.
Two critical factors need to be proven in a personal injury claim. The first factor is that the negligent party had a duty of care for the victim. For example, a driver must ensure that they travel safely on California roads to ensure the safety of others around them.
At the same time, a property owner must ensure that conditions are safe for visitors. The second factor is that the at-fault party failed in that duty of care through careless or reckless actions.
Start by contacting an attorney who will be able to review the facts of your case and make sure you get the superior representation that you deserve.
Common Accidents in Riverside, CA
Some of the most common types of incidents that result in personal injury claims include:
- Car accidents: Traffic accidents, in particular crashes involving cars both in parking lots and on open roads, are the most common cause of injuries in Riverside County. If you have been injured in a car accident or in any other kind of road collision that causes injury, we can help.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Property owners are responsible for the accidents and injuries on their property. Victims of slip or trip and fall accidents may seek support for their medical bills and other related losses.
- Premises liability claims: A slip and fall is one kind of premises liability accident. But there are other forms too. If you have suffered any injury due to unsafe conditions on another person or company’s property, you may have grounds for a lawsuit.
- Defective product claims: Product manufacturers are legally obligated to make products that do not harm consumers when used correctly. When a product is defective, be it a faulty auto part or a dangerous drug, the manufacturer can be held accountable for any injuries and losses.
- Dog bite claims: Under California law, dog owners are financially responsible for the actions of their pets that result in injuries. California’s strict liability statute requires that dog owners be held financially responsible for injuries caused by their pets.
- Pedestrian accidents: The CDC has reported that every year almost 6,000 people are killed in crosswalk collisions. Distracted driving is dangerous to pedestrians, and drivers must be off their phones and always remember that pedestrians have the right of way.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents in and around Riverside County can be deadly due to the high speeds and poor visibility of riders at times, as well as the inattentiveness of other drivers on the roads.
- Truck accidents: When trucks collide with other vehicles or crash into stationary objects, it can have disastrous consequences. These vehicles are very large and heavy and can potentially cause extreme damage.
- Public transport accidents: Accidents and injuries can be suffered on all kinds of public transport, including bus and train accidents. There are several potential negligent parties in such cases; trust an experienced attorney with your claim.
- Bicycle, e-bike, and hoverboard accidents: Users of bicycles, electric bikes, scooters, and hoverboards could all suffer injuries. In some cases, an accident might be caused by product faults; in other scenarios, a collision might cause them. Bicycle accidents in Riverside often cause severe injuries and fatalities.
- Workplace accidents: When an injury occurs in the workplace, you might be able to take legal action against the employer or many other parties, such as a property owner. Contact an attorney to find out more about your options.
- Employment cases: Besides injury cases, Bisnar Chase handles a wide range of employment cases. These include wage and hour claims, wrongful termination, harassment, whistleblower, misconduct, and more.
If you have suffered harm due to someone’s careless actions, seek legal representation from a personal injury lawyer in Riverside, CA. Our attorneys will make sure you are adequately compensated.
Medical Treatment After You Are Injured
If you have been injured, you must seek medical attention right away. Getting prompt treatment and care will create a medical record for your case and give you the best shot at a speedy and complete recovery.
If you refuse medical care, the insurance adjuster who takes your case may claim that you were not hurt. It is best to prevent that challenge by documenting your injuries as soon as possible. If emergency personnel offer you medical attention at the scene, it is highly advisable to accept it. If not, make sure you go to an emergency room or see your doctor immediately.
At Bisnar Chase, we handle cases involving all kinds of harm, from relatively minor injuries to catastrophic and life-changing injuries and even fatalities.
We have won cases involving injuries such as:
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal damage
- Muscle and ligament strains and tears
- Burn injuries
- Neck injuries
- Fatal injuries
These are just some of the cases we take on. Contact us for a free consultation to find out if we can help you. We will handle every element of your case while you focus on recovery.
Dealing with Insurance Companies After an Injury
If you have suffered an injury, dealing with an insurance company is often the first step, and this can be extremely stressful. Here are a few useful tips to remember before discussing your injuries with an insurance adjuster:
- Be prepared: Before even picking up the phone you should have your notes in front of you. If you contradict yourself while discussing your injuries, the validity of your claim will be called into question. Refer to your notes and stay on point.
- Understand your rights: You have the right to refuse the insurance company’s request to record the phone call. Tell them upfront that you do not consent to be recorded. Any statement you make during such as conversation can be used against you. File a claim as soon as possible. According to the statute of limitations, accident victims have two years to file a personal injury claim.
- Talk to your injury attorney: Having the right kind of lawyer on your case is imperative in winning. An attorney that does not specialize in accident and injury law will not be able to recognize the signs that can help win your case in or out of court. When possible, we recommend contacting our Riverside injury attorneys before speaking to the insurance company. Let an expert handle all negotiations for you.
Never Rush into a Personal Injury Settlement
Do not accept the insurance company’s first offer, even if you are tempted to take it and move on with your life. Insurance adjusters and insurance companies often offer inadequate settlements to make these cases quickly disappear. Their adjusters are trained to make lowball offers to help protect their bottom line.
Once you accept a settlement, your claim will be closed, and you will no longer be able to pursue any further support for your losses. Instead of accepting your first offer, discuss how much your claim should be worth with an experienced California personal injury attorney.
Do not let them rush you. Take expert advice and your time to make the right decision.
What is an Injury Case Worth in Riverside?
Want to know how much you could win in an injury lawsuit? Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to this question. No two cases are the same, and compensation will depend on various economic and non-economic factors.
Those listed below are just some of the factors that will influence a settlement or verdict:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Costs involved with ongoing care and rehabilitation
- Compromised ability to work
- Lost quality of life
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Economic and non-economic damages
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can increase your compensation to three times as much as if you did not have representation.
Speak to our personal injury lawyers in Riverside to ensure your case covers your injuries’ full impact, providing the best possible financial result.
What Will a Riverside Injury Attorney Do For You?
Many people are advised to hire a lawyer after an accident but have no idea what a law firm can do for them or how the whole process works. Filing a lawsuit has to be the right decision for you. But this is precisely how the process works and how our team will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome in your case:
- Free consultation: When you call or email Bisnar Chase, you will speak to one of our intake specialists. They will assess the merits of your case, provide support and guidance, and consult with an attorney.
- Gather evidence: Our team will work with you to gather the elements you need to build a strong case.
- File paperwork: Legal paperwork can be a minefield. We are here to promptly submit the proper forms and documentation to the correct courts.
- Negotiate: The first step is usually to negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company or defense team. The other side will have experts handling their negotiations, and you should too.
- Constant communication: While some lawyers have earned a bad reputation for being hard to contact, we have the policy to keep our clients updated at every stage of their case. If we negotiate a settlement offer, we will discuss it with you and provide advice and guidance.
- Go to trial: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we can go to trial. This means arguing your case before a judge and jury in civil court. Not every firm or lawyer is equipped to do this, but at Bisnar Chase, we have the experience and resources to take your case as far as we need to to get the best outcome.
- Appeals: Once a verdict has been passed, appeals and challenges may prolong the legal process. Our team will provide representation as long as you need it.
- Collection: Whether you win compensation through a settlement that is agreed out of court or a jury verdict, we will help you collect your funds.
Above all, we are here to help. If you are unsure about any part of the process when filing a personal injury lawsuit, please do not hesitate to contact us for free advice with no obligations.
Riverside Injury Claim FAQs
We want you to feel comfortable leaving your case in our hands. If you have questions, we are here to answer them. And if your question is not answered below or elsewhere on this page, do not hesitate to give us a call.
Some people try to go it alone when it comes to filing a lawsuit, but it is tricky and time-consuming, and very difficult to negotiate with experienced professionals who are working to limit your payout. Working with an attorney is the best way to make sure you are properly compensated while taking the burden off your shoulders and allowing you to focus on recovery.
Most personal injury cases must be filed within two years of the accident date, according to the California statute of limitations. There are occasional exceptions, but it is better to act sooner than later to preserve your rights as a plaintiff.
This one depends on the individual case. Your injury case could be settled very quickly, or it could take weeks, months, or even years in extreme cases. We are not here to make promises that we cannot keep, but we will work to make sure you get the right outcome as soon as possible within the circumstances of your case. We will always do what is best for you and if that means going to trial, we will.
There is no set figure when it comes to personal injury cases in Riverside. Each claim is taken on its merits, and it is up to your attorney to build the best possible case and secure top dollar for you, including popping policy limits to get maximum compensation for you.
We work on contingency. We will cover the expenses required to win your case so that you will not face any out-of-pocket costs. According to our no win no fee promise, we take a pre-agreed percentage of any settlement or verdict, and you keep the rest. If we do not win, you owe us nothing.
Areas Served by Our Riverside Personal Injury Lawyers
Our attorneys serve residents in towns and cities all across Riverside County. The cities we cover include (but are not limited to):
|Lake Elsinore||Cathedral City||Palm Desert||Palm Springs|
|San Jacinto||Coachella||Beaumont||La Quinta|
Whether you need a personal injury lawyer in Moreno Valley or an accident attorney in Temecula, we are here to help. If you live or had an accident anywhere within Riverside County, or across Southern California, our team is ready and waiting to fight for you.
Road Dangers in Riverside, CA
We know that car crashes are the top cause of injuries in Riverside. But what are the most dangerous areas with the highest frequency of collisions? Statistics show that the intersections shown below have proven to be particularly dangerous for drivers and repeated car accidents occur in these areas, sometimes with catastrophic results.
Most Dangerous Intersection in Riverside**
Last 5 Years:
City of Riverside
Avg Annual Auto Injuries per 1,000: 8
Riverside Crime Index* 303.6
Nearby Cities Crime Indices*:
Moreno Valley: 260.9
More Unsafe Intersections in Riverside**
** All intersection data is taken from the California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System and is measured over the last 5 years of local and arterial street car accidents (non-highway). The data is not updated in real time.
Contact a Riverside Personal injury Attorney Today
Our skilled team has been operating in Southern California since 1978. We take great pride in supporting clients and communities across the state, including many in Riverside and across the Inland Empire area.
We have been winning cases for over 45 years, establishing a 99% success rate, and collecting over $750 million for our clients. We are here to provide superior representation and take this responsibility very seriously.
Bisnar Chase is a proud member of the Riverside Chamber of Commerce. We have been serving injured plaintiffs in our community for over four decades and will fight for you. Call or contact our Riverside personal injury attorneys today for your free consultation at (951) 530-3711. There is no cost to you if we do not win your case and we work to have all medical costs placed in liens so that you don’t have to worry about those issues until your personal injury case is settled.