Our skilled Riverside premises liability lawyers will help you win compensation if you have been injured on another person’s property.
Bisnar Chase has provided superior representation to injury victims for more than 45 years. We have helped thousands of clients, winning a wide range of premises liability claims in and around Riverside. Whether you have been hurt in a swimming pool accident or suffered an injury from a dog bite or slip and fall, our expert team can help.
When you visit a shop, a hotel, an office, any other commercial premises, or even a private home, you have a right to expect to be safe. But accidents happen due to property owner negligence every day. We take pride in holding negligent property owners and managers accountable and securing financial compensation for victims.
If you have suffered an accident in Riverside County or across the Inland Empire area, our personal injury attorneys can help. We have a 99% success rate and have recovered more than $750 million for our clients. Put your faith in a Riverside premises liability attorney at Bisnar Chase, and let us fight for you.
Contact us now for a free consultation with no obligations. Get a feel for our team and find out how we can help you. Message us by either using the 24/7 live chat feature on our website or sending us an email, or call our Riverside office at (951) 530-3711.
Riverside Premises Liability Resources
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a legal term that classifies certain types of accidents. If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability case.
For you to file a premises liability claim in Riverside, the property owner must have been negligent. Your attorney will need to show that the person or company in charge of those premises was responsible for your safety but failed in their duty of care.
Negligence comes in many forms. It might mean that the property owner failed to fix a dangerous hazard, failed to secure a dangerous dog, or failed to provide due warning of unsafe conditions.
Example: The operator of an apartment building in Riverside receives reports from tenants that there are broken stairs leading to the upper floors. If they fail to do anything about it and an injury occurs, they could be held liable.
Example: A liquid spillage is reported in a grocery or retail store. If the manager is aware of the issue – or should reasonably be aware of it – and fails to act quickly, there would be a liability issue in the event of a slip and fall.
These are just two examples of premises liability accidents that you could suffer. If you have sustained an injury, contact an expert Riverside premises liability lawyer at Bisnar Chase to determine if you have a case.
Steps to Take After a Premises Liability Accident in Riverside
What are the best steps to take after a premises liability accident? We have a handy step-by-step guide below.
- Seek medical attention. If you are injured, you should seek appropriate medical attention. Some accidents require emergency treatment, while others will require you to visit a doctor the next day. Visiting a medical professional and following their treatment recommendations is important, both for your well-being and supporting a legal claim.
- Fill out an accident report. When you are involved in an accident, particularly on commercial premises, you should ask to fill in an accident report to document what happened. We can use this later during legal proceedings.
- Collect evidence. Your ability to collect evidence at the accident scene will depend on the severity of your injury. However, it can be beneficial to take pictures and videos of the dangerous conditions and your injuries if you are able. You could also write a first-person account of what happened while it is fresh in your mind.
- Refuse quick settlements. The at-fault company or individual (or an insurance company representing the at-fault party) might make a quick settlement offer to make you drop any legal action. There is no need to be hasty. Take your time and talk to a lawyer first, if only to assess your options.
- Contact a premises liability attorney in Riverside. As mentioned above, you should contact a lawyer for guidance. What is the harm in finding out what your case could be worth before making any other decisions?
By following these important steps after an accident, you will boost your chances of making a full recovery and winning a premises liability lawsuit.
Types of Premises Liability Cases in Riverside
All kinds of different hazards could fall under a premises liability claim. The list below shows some of Riverside’s most common premises liability cases, but it is not exhaustive. If you think you have a case, contact our premises liability attorneys for a free case review.
- Slip and fall accident: Trips and slips can occur due to hazards such as liquid spills, loose or broken flooring, loose wires or extension cords, etc.
- Swimming pool accident: Public and private pools are common in Riverside, and drowning or slipping injuries are frighteningly frequent.
- Fires: If a property fire is caused or made worse by negligence (such as failing to adhere to fire codes), there is a liability issue.
- Electrocution: Electrocution injuries can be caused by sub-par maintenance, faulty wiring, dangerous and defective products, and more.
- Broken flooring: Underfoot hazards are one of the top causes of premises liability, from broken stairs to cracked paving slabs.
- Toxic exposure: Many different forms of toxic exposure exist, including asbestos, carbon monoxide poisoning, lead poisoning, chemical exposure, etc.
- Dog bites: Property owners are responsible for securing their dogs and preventing them from attacking. Riverside has strict dog bite liability laws.
- Amusement park accidents: Amusement parks can be dangerous, and Riverside is home or close to several major attractions, including Castle Park and Six Flags.
- Escalator injuries: Escalators are everywhere, particularly in retail stores and malls. But they can become dangerous when they malfunction.
- Assault: One of the top causes of premises liability is violent assaults.
- Negligent security: Security professionals are often charged with ensuring a safe environment. But negligent security can put people in dangerous situations.
- Elevator accidents: Countless incidents involving elevator malfunctions have occurred, including cable and mechanism issues or doors becoming stuck.
- Lack of warning: When a hazard is known to the property owner, they must provide due warning to others using the area.
- Falling objects: Overhead hazards, such as falling trees or branches, can also be included under the premises liability umbrella, depending on location.
- Food poisoning: A substantial number of personal injury claims are filed annually over severe food poisoning in restaurants and hotels.
We can help you secure significant compensation if you have sustained a premises liability injury. Contact us now for a free consultation.
Where Can Premises Liability Accidents Happen?
It is important to note that a premises liability accident could occur in any location that another person is responsible for. But these commonly include:
- Grocery stores and other retail premises
- Amusement parks
- Private homes
- Office buildings
- Construction sites
- Other workplaces
- Swimming pools and gyms
- Shopping malls
- Any other commercial location
Who is at Fault for a Premises Liability Accident in Riverside?
Liability in these cases will depend on where and when the accident happened and the form of negligence responsible for the injury. So, who do you sue in a premises liability case in Riverside?
The most likely parties include:
- The owner of the property.
- A manager or ward who has been made responsible for the premises.
- A company that owns the premises.
- An entity that is leasing or running a business from a property.
Premises owners have a duty to inspect and maintain their property, fix any dangerous issues, and provide hazard warnings where necessary.
For example, if a broken stair presents a tripping hazard, the property owner should promptly fix it. In the interim, they should put up a visible cautionary sign at the staircase warning people about the dangerous condition.
We can name multiple parties in one lawsuit if more than one person or entity shares the blame for the accident.
For example, if you trip and are injured in somebody’s private home, you file your claim against an individual – the property owner.
However, if you tripped over a damaged floor slab in a retail store, you may be able to file a premises liability lawsuit against the business, as well as potentially against the landlord, depending on the terms of the lease.
It is good to have a Riverside premises liability attorney on your side to identify the responsible parties and take appropriate action.
How to Prove a Premises Liability Case
We must prove several points to win a premises liability claim in Riverside. Our team must show:
- The defendant was responsible for the property (through owning, leasing, or controlling the premises).
- They were negligent in making their premises safe. This could mean that they knew about a fault and failed to fix it or should have known about a hazard.
- That you sustained an injury or were harmed due to the dangerous conditions.
- The negligence of the defendant was at least partially responsible for your injuries.
To prove these points, a skilled Riverside premises liability lawyer at Bisnar Chase will build a body of evidence and argue your case with insurance agents or defense lawyers, depending on whether your case goes to trial.
Evidence can include pictures and video footage, accident and medical reports, eyewitness statements, expert testimony, and more.
How We Help People Injured at Riverside Properties
With offices in Riverside and San Bernardino, we are well placed to help premises liability injury victims across the Inland Empire.
When you first contact Bisnar Chase, you will get a free consultation with no obligations. Please speak to our experts and decide whether our firm is right for you.
If you decide to sign on, here’s how we will help:
- Investigate the incident and build a body of evidence to support your case.
- Preparing and filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Keeping up with all court deadlines in moving your case forward.
- Advancing the expenses necessary to build and win your case.
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company or defense team.
- Taking the claim to a jury trial if we cannot reach a fair settlement.
- Handling appeals and helping to collect your money after a result.
- Maintaining regular contact with our clients.
You can put your case in our hands and let us secure the best possible results while you focus on getting better.
Compensation for a Premises Liability Claim in Riverside
Injury victims who have been hurt due to a property owner’s negligence can recover compensation for their damages and losses.
We have handled countless premises liability cases across California. As a result, we know what we are doing and how to win for you. But every case is different, and the circumstances surrounding a premises accident dictate what a claim is worth.
Accordingly, your recovery will depend on the following factors:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Compromised quality of life
- Care and rehabilitation costs
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma
Our recovery demands can account for any losses related to the accident. For example, if you slipped on a spilled liquid and suffered a serious knee injury that required surgery and forced you to miss work, we could include the price of the surgery and lost wages in the settlement demands.
Contact our premises liability lawyers in Riverside to determine how much your claim could be worth.
No Win No Fee Premises Liability Lawyers in Riverside
How much will you have to pay to hire a lawyer to get justice for your injury? Thankfully, you do not have to worry about massive upfront costs and fees.
Bisnar Chase protects clients from out-of-pocket expenses with a no win no fee promise.
Your initial consultation is free, and our firm will advance the money needed to build a case and file the necessary paperwork with the courts.
If we win, you will receive compensation for your injuries and suffering. A percentage of the total recovery (limited by California law) goes to our firm. If we do not win, you will not owe us anything. This system protects our clients and ensures that anyone can afford to file a lawsuit.
Riverside Premises Liability Lawsuit FAQs
Our attorneys are experts when it comes to property injury claims in Riverside. We have handled all kinds of cases, from falls to dog bites, and are here for you too.
A lot of people have questions after suffering an injury. Not everyone is ready to jump straight into a lawsuit. We completely understand that this is a foreign process to most people. But we are here to help.
We want to answer your questions to help put your mind at ease. Some of our most frequently asked questions about premises liability claims are listed below, and we are here to answer any other queries you have.
Property owners and managers in Riverside have a duty of care to visitors. They must provide a safe environment. To do so, premises owners and operators must perform regular inspections and maintenance, fix hazards, and provide warnings of any dangers. If they fail to do so, an injury victim could file a premises liability lawsuit.
Our firm handles many premises claims, from slip and falls and swimming pool accidents to dog attacks and amusement park incidents. If you have been injured on someone else’s property, we can help. Contact us to find out if you have a case.
The statute of limitations for most premises liability injury claims in Riverside is two years from the date of the accident. There are exceptions to this, such as when you are filing a claim against a government organization. We encourage you to contact an attorney as soon as possible to maximize your chances of success.
Does a Property Owner’s Duty of Care Apply to Trespassers?
Generally, no duty of care is owed to trespassers. According to California law, the victim should have the right to be in the location where they are injured to be protected.
However, there are exceptions and nuances to premises liability laws. For example, a property owner may have to prove that they took the necessary steps to keep trespassers out of some locations.
Find out if your case qualifies by contacting a Riverside premises liability lawyer at Bisnar Chase.
In the News: Premises Liability Case Studies in Riverside
The following are just a few examples of accidents in and around Riverside that have made headlines with local and national news outlets and may qualify for premises liability lawsuits.
Critical Injuries After Family is Thrown from Riverside Amusement Park Ride
A family of three was on a log ride at Riverside’s Castle Park when a water pump malfunction caused the log vessel to flip mid-ride, throwing the family out. A woman suffered critical injuries, while a man and child sustained minor injuries. The incident happened in 2019, and an official investigation was launched.
Man Electrocuted in Backyard Swimming Pool
A man and his daughter were electrocuted in a tragic swimming pool accident. They both suffered severe electric shocks, believed to have been caused by faulty wiring in the pool lights. It happened in a private pool in the backyard of a home. The man was pronounced dead at the scene, while the 9-year-old girl was rushed to Loma Linda Medical Center in critical condition.
Hotel Guest Killed by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
An attorney was found dead on the floor of a hotel room in Palm Springs. The Riverside County coroner’s office ruled the cause of death to be acute carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide was believed to be leaking from the pool heating equipment directly below the hotel room. A lawsuit alleged that the hotel had been informed of another guest falling ill two weeks earlier but failed to act.
These are just some of the more serious premises liability incidents in the area recently. Whether you have suffered a minor trip and fall injury or a loved one has died due to a property owner’s negligence, Bisnar Chase can help you.
Contact our Riverside premises liability lawyers for the representation you deserve.
The Best Riverside Premises Liability Lawyers Near Me
There are plenty of law firms in Riverside that deal with premises liability cases. But not all firms are equal in the quality of representation and care provided for clients.
When dealing with a premises liability case in Riverside, you need an attorney on your side who has handled similar claims in the past and won. You need a firm with an outstanding track record and experience with the Riverside courts.
Bisnar Chase hits all these criteria.
- We have a 99% success rate.
- Established in 1978 with 44+ years of fighting for the rights of injury victims.
- A free consultation with no obligations and a no win no fee promise.
- More than $750 million won so far.
- An office in Riverside and experience with local cases.
- Trial attorneys who can take a case all the way.
- The resources to take on the biggest companies and win.
The factors above are all important. But we believe our dedication to the client experience sets us apart. Our team members are dedicated and compassionate. We know that we are supporting you during a very challenging time and take that responsibility seriously.
Trust us to fight for you. While other firms are hard to contact, we have a policy to update our clients on their cases regularly. We also have a track record of squeezing maximum value out of every recovery. A Riverside premises liability lawyer at Bisnar Chase will secure the compensation that you deserve.
Contact a skilled Riverside premises liability lawyer at Bisnar Chase now. Call (951) 530-3711, click here to send us an email, or use the live chat on our website for 24/7 help.