The California class action lawyers of Bisnar Chase have been taking on the most complex cases for over 45 years. Our attorneys have recovered more than $800 million in compensation for our clients.
Our class action attorneys in California will fight for the compensation you deserve. The attorneys of Bisnar Chase hold a 99% success rate and if there is no win, there is no fee. If you or someone you love has suffered due to someone else’s negligence, call 800-561-4887 for a free consultation.
FAQs About Class Action Lawsuits in California
A class action lawsuit is a type of civil lawsuit in which many people’s claims and rights are combined and decided in a single case. Typically, specific plaintiffs are named in the class action lawsuit to represent other class members’ claims so that everyone with the same complaint or injury does not have to file individual lawsuits. In a class-action suit, all these complaints are consolidated into one case.
Yes. It is important to file a class action lawsuit to obtain compensation for the losses you have faced and hold large corporations accountable for their wrongdoings. At the law firm of Bisnar Chase, we believe that negligent parties should be brought to justice.
There are two factors that are important to note when searching for the right class action attorney to represent you. The first is the amount of experience they have in these types of cases and also if they have trial experience. Our class action attorneys in California have over 40 years of experience in class action lawsuits and representing our clients in court. Contact our law offices for a free consultation at 800-561-4887.
How Do Class Action Lawsuits Work?
Here is a list of some of the elements and actions that must be taken as part of the process of filing a class action lawsuit.
- The complaint: In order to file a class action lawsuit, the same type of harm must have been done to a group of people. The size of the complaint will not affect whether or not you have a class action lawsuit. What’s important is that a group of people suffered some type of loss.
- A significant number of victims: There must be so many claimants that it is not reasonable for each to file an individual claim.
- Class action attorney: Make sure you speak with a knowledgeable attorney preferably a California lawyer who has recent experience handling class action cases similar to yours.
- Representative: One or more persons must be named to represent all of the claimants in the lawsuit. This is the Class Representative.
- Demands: You will have to decide what type of compensation you want. In most cases, a class action lawsuit will result in financial compensation.
Benefits of Filing a California Class Action Lawsuit
There are usually several benefits to filing a class action lawsuit instead of an individual civil complaint or claim. Some benefits can range from the inexpensive cost of filing the suit to the great recovery amount the plaintiff will receive.
Other advantages of filing a class action lawsuit in California are:
- Allow a large number of people to receive compensation for their injuries and property damages. There is strength in numbers.
- A greater number of people proves the validity and strengthens a case increasing the likelihood of compensation.
- If the class action lawsuit is won, corporations and businesses who were negligent will be held accountable for their actions, lessening the chances of wrongdoings occurring in the future.
Types of Class Action Lawsuits
A class action case is strengthened when there is more than one person or a class of people filing the suit. Cases that present obvious wrongdoing can receive major attention and send a direct message to the offenders. Below are the most common class action lawsuits.
- Consumer Class Actions: These types of actions are generally brought when a group of consumers complain about being harmed by a corporation’s systematic and illegal practices.
- Product Liability Class Actions: Cases involving defective products can be brought to the courts such as a person suffering severe side effects from a weight loss pill or blood pressure medication.
- Employment Law Class Actions: Employment class action lawsuits are typically filed on behalf of many employees of a company for claims ranging from complaints against workplace discrimination or sexual harassment to unpaid wages, illegal break times, or overtime pay.
Winnings From Class Action Lawsuits in California
The compensation sought by consumers through class action litigation varies with each lawsuit. The potential value of your class action suit will depend on the severity of the losses suffered by the victims.
Types of losses that will be included in your class action settlement:
- Damages for personal injury
- Litigation costs
- Compensation for economic losses
The compensatory damages from a class action lawsuit will often be distributed among the class members based on the damages each member suffered. In some cases, punitive damages may also be awarded.
Class Action Suits Change Laws
Class action lawsuits, which are usually classified as civil litigation disputes, are necessary and beneficial to the public good. Often, states with their budget woes and depletion of resources do not have the ability to police illegal activities perpetrated by large corporations.
However, class action lawsuits empower ordinary citizens who have been wronged to enforce the law and seek justice. Another important goal of these lawsuits is to encourage corporations to comply with the law.
In September of 2017 hackers were able to access the social security numbers, addresses, and driver’s license information of over 143 million Equifax users. Equifax is one of the three largest credit companies and holds over 820 million consumers in its database.
The consumer protection class action lawyers of Bisnar Chase have followed this case and believed that it was only right to help and protect the people whose information has been compromised.
Without class action suits and excellent trial lawyers, consumers do not have a realistic way to fight back against large corporations.
Our California Class Action Lawyers Are Here to Help
The experienced California Class Action Lawyers at the law offices of Bisnar Chase will be able to help individuals determine if they are eligible for either joining an existing class action lawsuit or filing a new class action lawsuit.
For over four decades we have represented clients in areas such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Orange County.
We can help you evaluate your options and help you seek compensation for your significant losses. If you have questions or concerns about class action lawsuits or personal injury claims, please contact us at (800) 561-4887 for free legal advice.