San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorneys
The San Bernardino Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have won over $650 million in compensation from those who have experienced pain and suffering from a catastrophic incident.
Call 909-253-0750 to speak with one of our legal team members.
We have over 40 years of experience and have established a 96% Success Rate in winning recovery for our clients.
If you’ve been injured by no fault of your own and are asking questions such as "how do I find a lawyer near me?", contact our San Bernardino injury attorneys nearby for a free consultation.
Personal Injuries in San Bernardino You Can Sue For
There are approximately 2.1 million residents in San Bernardino County, which is only 20,105 square miles. With less than 5 major freeways, many side streets, stop lights, intersections and other roadways, accidents can be inevitable. In San Bernardino County, there are some incidents that occur more frequently than others though.
Common personal injuries in San Bernardino include:
- Car accidents: In one year, an estimated amount of 1,604 drivers were killed in a car accident. Victims of vehicle collisions, who do survive are left with catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injuries and some may even end up paralyzed for the rest of their lives. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident the best way to maximize the car accident compensation you will receive is by providing your personal injury accident lawyer or car accident lawyer in San Bernardino with evidence such as photos, hospital bills and witness accounts.
- Auto defects: Victims who were involved in accidents that were caused by a seller’s or manufacturer’s negligence have the right to file an auto defect lawsuit. Typical claims can involve defects with the brake system, electrical system or transmission. California enforces a "strict product liability" regulation that states that if a consumer was injured from the use of a product, the designer, seller or manufacturer of the product is responsible for the damages that follow that accident. If a car defect becomes common amongst a specific organization, this can lead to an auto recall. A San Bernardino injury lawyer can inform you more on your legal options as an auto defect accident victim.
- Premises liability: The term premises liability is known as a personal injury that took place due to poor conditions on an owner’s property. Property owners have the responsibility to maintain the upkeep of their estate, failure to do so may compel an injury victim to find a lawyer so they can explore their legal options. The most common premises liability cases involve a person slipping and falling due to broken stairways, slippery floors or uneven concrete. Seek medical attention right away to not only receive treatment for property injuries you have experienced but to also begin collecting documents for your personal injury claim.
- Work-related injuries: The National Safety Council reported that every seven seconds an employee is injured while working. Employees who have been injured on the job, need to inform their direct manager or supervisor right away. An on-the-job injury can hurt an employee financially due to losing wages from time off of work. One option that injured workers have to gain recovery from their accident is to file a worker’s compensation claim. If the claim is denied, then hiring a work injury lawyer in San Bernardino would be in an employee’s best interest.
- Bicycle accidents: There are many congested areas in San Bernardino. Heavy traffic can often lead to an immense amount of bicycle accidents taking place. Common causes of a bike collision in San Bernardino can include drivers hitting cyclists when turning left, putting a vehicle in reverse without paying attention and opening a car door while parked in a bicycle lane. Motorists can avoid a bike crash by being attentive and refraining from texting while driving. Experts say that a person that is texting driving is 23 times more likely to be involved in an accident.
- Traumatic brain injury: Catastrophic head injuries are one of the most frequent traumas that take place in an accident. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that in one year over 2.5 million people were admitted into the emergency room for brain injuries. What many do not know is that brain injuries can progress and worsen over time. You need to keep a journal of your symptoms so that your lawyer can adjust the compensation that is needed for you to recover. Common head injuries from a vehicle collision can include whiplash, a concussion or an open head wound.
- Pedestrian accident:Drivers who failed to pay attention to crosswalks should be held accountable for their negligence. Pedestrian accidents happen more frequently than people know. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association, an estimated amount of 5,000 people die in pedestrian incidents every year. Drivers have the legal duty to adhere to the rules of the road. If they fail to do so and you have experienced pain and suffering because of it, seek legal representation to receive recovery for your losses.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to serious injuries on the road due to the lack of protection a bike has. Experts urge cyclists to wear motorcycle safety gear such as a helmet, a leather protective jacket and strong protective pants. This does not mean that a rider is completely protected from negligent drivers though. If a drunk driver or reckless driver merged into a lane in a hazardous manner, riders can end up with serious road rash, broken bones or even end up dead.
- Dog bite: Children are the number one dog bite victims in the United States. Small children who experienced a dog bite have been admitted to the emergency room for torn skin on the arm and even the face. It can take many surgeries to fix the skin that had been punctured on the face or the body. Surgeries and medical treatment can be costly and many parents have to miss days of work to care for their child. Medical bills and lost wages can be included in the compensation you and your child can receive.
To view more statistics for San Bernardino County, visit OTS.CA.GOV
California Wrongful Death Cases
A wrongful death case involves a family member, spouse or surviving parent filing a claim on the behalf of their deceased loved one. A person who has lost their life due to another person's negligence can face serious jail time.
Over 13,840 accidents occurred in one year in the state of California. Accidents prove to be one of the top leading causes of wrongful deaths in California. Although accidents are labeled as unintentional injuries this does not mean they could not have been prevented. People who have suffered the loss of a loved one do to a negligent employer, reckless driver or defective product should speak to a wrongful death attorney in San Bernardino.
Important Factors You Must Prove in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Catastrophic personal injuries happen every day. Even the most minor injuries can accumulate a substantial amount of medical expenses. There are key elements in a personal injury case that must be proven to gain the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Those factors are the "duty of care" and the "breach of duty".
An example of a breach of duty would be if a supervisor neglects to put a caution sign on a slippery floor after being informed of a leaky fridge. The supervisor has the duty to keep customers safe and breached that duty when he failed to take preventive measures for the incident.
Each injury case differs from the next but there are some important aspects that your San Bernardino injury attorney must determine:
- Responsibility and who is at fault
- Reason the circumstances were what they were
- Did any person or persons flee or leave the scene of the accident of location of injury before contact and insurance information was exchanged? (this means everyone involved in the situation)
- Photos, videos and any other proof or evidence collected
- Accident and injury information documented
- Medical attention received and or documented
- Excessive aggression, negligence or wrongdoing involved in the situation
What Can I Win From My Personal Injury Case?
There are two kinds of damages that can be claimed in a personal injury lawsuit which are monetary and punitive damages. Monetary damages are defined as financial losses that you have faced because of the accident. Unlike monetary damages, punitive damages are difficult to determine. A punitive damage is the actual punishment that the jury will implement on the wrongdoer.
When you hire a personal injury accident lawyer you can receive compensation for damages such as:
Medical bills: Seeking medical care or attention immediately following a car accident or other personal injury is incredibly important. Mostly to your health and well-being, but to your case and its outcome, which decides whether you are compensated or not. Receiving medical attention and care gives the opportunity to have your injuries recorded and documented legally, to prove they are in fact related and found as a result of the accident. Not having medically documented records can cause major issues and can make it impossible to win, continue further, or even start a case.
Pain and suffering: Accident victims who experience pain and suffering usually do not receive this type of compensation from the defendant’s insurance company. The way in which your personal injury attorney in San Bernardino can prove your pain and suffering is through witness accounts from friends or family and a mental health expert diagnosing you with conditions like anxiety. If you have dealt with pain and suffering from your accident, the compensation you win from your case can go to the costs for therapy or medication. Experts strongly encourage auto collision victims to seek legal representation from emotional distress lawyers near you.
Lost wages: In personal injury lawsuits lost wages are the amount the injured would have collected if they hadn't been harmed in the accident. In work injury suits these are named "back pay wages". In California, victims of personal injuries who have lost wages after an injury can also lose future earnings (lost earning capacity). Under the strict liability rule, the negligent party must compensate the victim for the financial setbacks they have faced since the incident. Lost wages that can be compensated for can include hour or salary pay, commissions, overtime pay, vacation or sick days and income from being self-employed.
The Cost of A San Bernardino, CA Lawyer
We understand California courts and have a long history fighting insurance companies to get you fair compensation. Our law firm offers a contingency plan where you not only pay zero if we don’t win your case, but we shield you from being liable for costs while we handle your case. We actually absorb all your costs until the end. And if in the end, we don't win, you will not be billed for the fees and costs of your case.Bisnar Chase is committed to "Excellent Representation" of their personal injury clients and is focused on recovering the maximum monetary recovery possible for them. We’ve recovered millions of dollars for our Southern California personal injury clients.
How Long Will It Take to Reach a Settlement?
Personal injuries settlements differ from each accident case. There is no set date into which a settlement will be reached, an injury lawsuit can take months and in some cases years. The opposing party's insurance company will offer you a settlement quickly, but it is critical that you receive advice from a legal expert before accepting the offer. There may also be delays on receiving your compensation when the case has closed.
The reason for the delays can be due to if the case involves a large amount of compensation, the courts still are determining the amount of medical treatment you would need in the future or proving that the defendant was, in fact, responsible for the accident.
Even though it is tempting, do not hurry to settle your car accident case. Many accident victims need to understand why premature settlements can be an irreparable mistake.
Hire Our San Bernardino Injury Lawyers
If you have been seriously injured, or suffered damages, you should seek the advice of an experienced San Bernardino Personal Injury Lawyer before time runs out and the statute of limitations makes it impossible for you to ever take legal action.
Bisnar Chase has had the honor of representing many individuals and who have fallen victim to personal injuries, car accidents and other horrible situations caused by an accident, negligence or wrong doing.
Our team of skilled personal injury accident lawyers in San Bernardino have a reputation for stunning success in accident cases. We have over 40 years of winning compensation for clients after experiencing a personal injury in California.
If you have not received medical care yet in result of an accident or other personal injury, you can contact us at 909-253-0750 for immediate assistance, and receive a Free Consultation.
Don't miss out on compensation and the justice you deserve.
Let Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase Represent You.
You can also reach us at our Los Angeles or Irvine, Orange county law offices.