San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorneys
The San Bernardino Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have won over $500 million in compensation from those who have experienced pain and suffering from a catastrophic incident.
Our accident attorneys in San Bernardino exclusively handle cases of severe injury and wrongful death, including auto accidents, brain injury, spinal cord injury, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and dog bites. We have over 40 years of experience and have established a 96% Success Rate in winning recovery for our clients.
If you’ve been injured by no fault of your own and wish to seek compensation, contact our San Bernardino injury attorneys for a free consultation.
Call 909-253-0750 to speak with a legal team members.
5 Common Personal Injuries in San Bernardino
There are approximately 2.1 million residents in San Bernardino County, which is only 20,105 square miles. With less than 5 major freeways, many side streets, stop lights, intersections and other roadways, accidents can be inevitable. In San Bernardino County, there are some incidents that occur more frequently than others though.
Common personal injuries in San Bernardino include:
- Car accidents: In one year, an estimated amount of 1,604 drivers were killed in a car accident. Victims of vehicle collisions, who do survive are left with catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injuries and some may even end up paralyzed for the rest of their lives. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident the best way to maximize the car accident compensation you will receive is by providing your personal injury accident lawyer or car accident lawyer in San Bernardino with evidence such as photos, hospital bills and witness accounts.
- Auto defects: Victims who were involved in accidents that were caused by a seller’s or manufacturer’s negligence have the right to file an auto defect lawsuit. Typical claims can involve defects with the brake system, electrical system or transmission. California enforces a "strict product liability" regulation that states that if a consumer was injured from the use of a product, the designer, seller or manufacturer of the product is responsible for the damages that follow that accident. If a car defect becomes common amongst a specific organization, this can lead to an auto recall. A San Bernardino injury lawyer can inform you more on your legal options as an auto defect accident victim.
- Premise liability: The term premise liability is known as a personal injury that took place due to poor conditions on an owner’s property. Property owners have the responsibility to maintain the upkeep of their estate, failure to do so may compel an injury victim to find a lawyer so they can explore their legal options. The most common premise liability cases involve a person slipping and falling due to broken stairways, slippery floors or uneven concrete. Seek medical attention right away to not only receive treatment for your injury but to also begin collecting documents for your personal injury claim.
- Work injuries: The National Safety Council reported that every seven seconds an employee is injured while working. Employees who have been injured on the job, need to inform their direct manager or supervisor right away. An on-the-job injury can hurt an employee financially due to losing wages from time off of work. One option that injured workers have to gain recovery from their accident is to file a worker’s compensation claim. If the claim is denied, then hiring a work injury lawyer in San Bernardino would be in an employee’s best interest.
- Bicycle accidents: There are many congested areas in San Bernardino. Heavy traffic can often lead to an immense amount of bicycle accidents taking place. Common causes of a bike collision in San Bernardino can include drivers hitting cyclists when turning left, putting a vehicle in reverse without paying attention and opening a car door while parked in a bicycle lane. Motorists can avoid a bike crash by being attentive and refraining from texting while driving. Experts say that a person that is texting driving is 23 times more likely to be involved in an accident.
To view more statistics for San Bernardino County, visit OTS.CA.GOV
Cases Our San Bernardino Injury Lawyers Have Handled
- Motorcycle Accident: $30,000,000
- Auto Defect: $24,744,764
- Premise Liability: $1 0,030,000
- Pedestrian Accident: $3,000,000
Elements that Are Factored in a Personal Injury Case
Catastrophic personal injuries happen every day. Even the most minor injuries can accumulate a substantial amount of medical expenses. There are key elements in a personal injury case that must be proven to gain the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Those factors are the "duty of care" and the "breach of duty".
An example of a breach of duty would be if a supervisor neglects to put a caution sign on a slippery floor after being informed of a leaky fridge. The supervisor has the duty to keep customers safe and breached that duty when he failed to take preventive measures for the incident.
Each injury case differs from the next but there are some important aspects that your accident attorney in San Bernardino must determine:
- Responsibility and who is at fault
- Reason the circumstances were what they were
- Did any person or persons flee or leave the scene of the accident of location of injury before contact and insurance information was exchanged? (this means everyone involved in the situation)
- Photos, videos and any other proof or evidence collected
- Accident and injury information documented
- Medical attention received and or documented
- Excessive aggression, negligence or wrongdoing involved in the situation
Damages You Can Be Compensated For
There are two kinds of damages that can be claimed in a personal injury lawsuit which are monetary and punitive damages. Monetary damages are defined as financial losses that you have faced because of the accident. Unlike monetary damages, punitive damages are difficult to determine. A punitive damage is the actual punishment that the jury will implement on the wrongdoer.
When you hire a personal injury accident lawyer you can receive compensation for damages such as:
Medical bills: Seeking medical care or attention immediately following a car accident or other personal injury is incredibly important. Mostly to your health and well-being, but to your case and its outcome, which decides whether you are compensated or not. Receiving medical attention and care gives the opportunity to have your injuries recorded and documented legally, to prove they are in fact related and found as a result of the accident. Not having medically documented records can cause major issues and can make it impossible to win, continue further, or even start a case.
Pain and suffering: Accident victims who experience pain and suffering usually do not receive this type of compensation from the defendant’s insurance company. The way in which your personal injury attorney in the Inland Empire can prove your pain and suffering is through witness accounts from friends or family and a mental health expert diagnosing you with conditions like anxiety. If you have dealt with pain and suffering from your accident, the compensation you win from your case can go to the costs for therapy or medication you may need for your emotional distress.
Lost wages: In personal injury lawsuits lost wages are the amount the injured would have collected if they hadn't been harmed in the accident. In work injury suits these are named "back pay wages". In California, victims of personal injuries who have lost wages after an injury can also lose future earnings (lost earning capacity). Under the strict liability rule, the negligent party must compensate the victim for the financial setbacks they have faced since the incident. Lost wages that can be compensated for can include hour or salary pay, commissions, overtime pay, vacation or sick days and income from being self-employed.
The Cost of A San Bernardino, CA Lawyer
We understand California courts and have a long history fighting insurance companies to get you fair compensation. Our law firm offers a contingency plan where you not only pay zero if we don’t win your case, but we shield you from being liable for costs while we handle your case. We actually absorb all your costs until the end. And if in the end, we don't win, you will not be billed for the fees and costs of your case.Bisnar Chase is committed to "Excellent Representation" of their personal injury clients and is focused on recovering the maximum monetary recovery possible for them. We’ve recovered millions of dollars for our Southern California personal injury clients.
How Long Will It Take to Reach a Settlement?
Personal injuries settlements differ from each accident case. There is no set date into which a settlement will be reached, an injury lawsuit can take months and in some cases years. The opposing party's insurance company will offer you a settlement quickly, but it is critical that you receive advice from a legal expert before accepting the offer. There may also be delays on receiving your compensation when the case has closed.
The reason for the delays can be due to if the case involves a large amount of compensation, the courts still are determining the amount of medical treatment you would need in the future or proving that the defendant was, in fact, responsible for the accident.
Even though it is tempting, do not hurry to settle your car accident case. Many accident victims need to understand why premature settlements can be an irreparable mistake.
Choose Our Law Offices in San Bernardino
If you have been seriously injured, or suffered damages, you should seek the advice of an experienced San Bernardino Personal Injury Lawyer before time runs out and the statute of limitations makes it impossible for you to ever take legal action.
Bisnar Chase has had the honor of representing many individuals and who have fallen victim to personal injuries, car accidents and other horrible situations cause by accident, negligence, wrong doing and so forth.
Our clients choose us for not only our wins but our client services.
"It was a pleasure working with such an amazing team. You will definitely feel welcomed and kept in the loop throughout the entire process. They do a great job making you feel like you are apart of their team which is how one should feel. Superb customer experience from finish to end. You can trust they will do all possible to promptly and efficiently handle your case. Yes! I recommend this team..." via Google
"I cannot say enough positive things about each and every person at Bisnar Chase who helped me through my case. I was always kept up to date on the progress. There was never a time where I felt I was not being taken care of. They fought to get me the best results possible. Thank you so very much. I highly recommend them to anyone who has been injured in an accident." via Google
"Awesome people who make you feel at home.." via Google
Our team of skilled personal injury accident lawyers in San Bernardino have a reputation for stunning success in accident cases. Cases our skilled attorneys have represented range from small and simple to very large and difficult, maintaining a 96% Success Rate. We have over 40 years of winning compensation for clients after experiencing a personal injury in California.
If you have not received medical care yet in result of an accident or other personal injury, you can contact us at 909-253-0750 for immediate assistance, and receive a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation at no cost to you at all.
Don't miss out on compensation and the justice you deserve.
Let Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase Represent You.