Being involved in an accident can be hugely damaging, leaving you with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and mounting medical bills. Our San Bernardino personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase are here to help with the issues from your accident or injury.
We have won over $700 million in compensation from those who have experienced pain and suffering from an accident. We handle everything from car crashes and dog bites to employment wage & hour cases with a 99% success rate when it comes to winning compensation for our clients.
The most common questions we get about being injured are:
- How long does it take to solve a personal injury claim? Typically, a personal injury claim can take around 6-24 months to settle, depending on how serious the injuries are and the complexity of your case.
- What qualifies as a personal injury case? Any claim that involves injury to you, your property, or a loved one can qualify as a personal injury case also known as tort law – a civil wrong done to you.
- What exactly does a personal injury lawyer do for me? In short, we handle all of the issues that arise from your claim including medical record retrieval & review, negotiation with insurance companies, and protecting you from financial liability until your injury claim is resolved.
All of these are very valid questions and having attorneys you can trust and count on is imperative. If your personal injury lawyers can’t answer these 3 basic questions then you may want to reconsider different counsel.
Our law firm has been serving San Bernardino and the rest of California since 1978, with decades of experience and thousands of satisfied clients. We know that we are helping people when they need it most, and we take that responsibility very seriously. It is our mission to provide superior representation.
If you have been injured due to somebody else’s negligence and are wondering: “how do I find a lawyer near me?”, look no further. Contact our San Bernardino injury attorneys for a free consultation with no obligations. Call (909) 253-0750.
San Bernardino Personal Injury Resources
Personal Injuries in San Bernardino You Can Sue For
There are approximately 2.2 million residents in San Bernardino County, which is only 20,105 square miles. With less than 5 major freeways, many side streets, traffic lights, intersections, stop signs, and other roadways, accidents can be inevitable.
But while car accidents make up one of the top causes of injuries across the Inland Empire area, there are plenty of other potential accident types that can leave victims with injuries. Those listed below are just some of the injury lawsuits that we handle in San Bernardino County.
If your case is not listed below, just give us a call to find out if we can help.
Common personal injuries in San Bernardino include:
- Car accidents: There are a huge number of car accidents in San Bernardino. Stats show that more than 200 people were killed and nearly 8,000 were injured in road collisions across the county in a single year. Vehicle crashes can cause significant mental and physical trauma. But you can secure compensation by providing your personal injury accident lawyer or car accident lawyer in San Bernardino with evidence such as photos, hospital bills, and witness accounts to build a strong case.
- Auto defects: Bisnar Chase is a nationally recognized law firm when it comes to handling auto defect claims. Victims who have been involved in accidents caused at least in part by a manufacturer’s negligence have the right to file an auto defect lawsuit. Typical claims can involve faulty brakes, electrical systems, and transmissions. If a car defect becomes common amongst a specific organization, this can lead to an auto recall. A San Bernardino injury lawyer can inform you more about your legal options as an auto defect accident victim.
- Product Liability: If you are injured by a defective product then you may be able to sue at-fault parties in the chain of distribution. You can pursue a product liability claim in San Bernardino if you used the item as directed, but it was still unsafe. Lawsuits can be filed against designers, manufacturers, and sellers, depending on the type of fault involved.
- Premises liability: The term premises liability is known as a personal injury that took place due to poor conditions on an owner’s property. Property owners have a duty of care for lawful visitors or users of their property. For example, a slip and fall due to unsafe conditions could result in a premises liability lawsuit. Another common type of premises injury is a swimming pool accident. If you have been injured in unsafe premises in San Bernardino or elsewhere in California, our injury lawyers can help make sure you are fairly compensated.
- Dog bite: Pet owners have a responsibility to make sure their animals do not attack other people. When they fail to do so, victims can be left with serious and painful bite wounds. A dog bite can result in deep lacerations, blood loss, and scarring, and can even be fatal in extreme cases. Statistics show that children are particularly at risk when it comes to dangerous dog incidents. If you have been bitten by a dog in San Bernardino, make sure you have superior legal representation.
- Workplace injuries: The National Safety Council reported that an employee is injured while working every seven seconds in the United States. Employees who have been injured on the job need to inform their direct manager or supervisor right away. Employers have a responsibility to provide a safe working environment for their staff. One option that injured workers have to gain recovery from their accident is to file a worker’s compensation claim. If the claim is denied, then hiring work injury lawyers in San Bernardino would be in an employee’s best interest.
- Bicycle accidents: Plenty of people choose to cycle in San Bernardino. Due to the outstanding climate in Southern California, it can be a great way to get some exercise and a cost-effective mode of transport. But there are many congested areas in San Bernardino, and heavy traffic can lead to collisions. Common causes of bike accidents in San Bernardino can include drivers hitting cyclists when turning left, putting a vehicle in reverse without paying attention, and opening a car door while parked in a bicycle lane. Bicycle crashes can result in serious injuries because riders are vulnerable. Make sure you get proper legal advice from injury lawyers after a crash.
- Traumatic brain injury: Catastrophic head injuries are one of the most frequent traumas that take place in an accident. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that in a single year over 2.5 million people were admitted into the emergency room for brain injuries. What many do not know is that brain injuries can progress and worsen over time. You should seek prompt medical attention and consult with a lawyer to find out more about your options.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian accidents happen more frequently than people know. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association, an estimated 5,000 people die in pedestrian incidents every year. These collisions often involve people being hit by cars as they use crosswalks, and distracted driving is one of the top causes. When a pedestrian is struck by a car it can cause catastrophic injuries, and inattentive drivers must be held accountable.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to serious injuries on the road due to the lack of protection a bike has. Experts urge cyclists to wear motorcycle safety gear such as a helmet, a leather protective jacket and strong protective pants. This does not mean that a rider is completely protected from negligent drivers though. If a drunk driver or reckless driver merged into a lane in a hazardous manner, riders can end up with serious road rash, broken bones or even end up dead.
- Truck accidents: Large private and commercial trucks frequently roll through San Bernardino County roads. But when they are involved in collisions the outcome can be severe. Big rigs can measure over 72 feet in length and weigh over 80,000 pounds, so any collision is likely to cause major damage and injuries. If you have been involved in a truck crash, our expert San Bernardino injury attorneys can help.
- Public transport accidents: If you have been injured in a collision involving a public transport vehicle such as a bus or a train the legal process may be slightly different. You may have to deal with filing a lawsuit against a city authority, rather than an individual. But Bisnar Chase can help with this kind of case too. A crash involving a bus or train can cause catastrophic injuries, but we have the resources to take on such cases and secure full compensation for victims and their families.
Other accidents: At Bisnar Chase we handle a wide range of other cases that are not specifically listed above. These include construction accidents, rideshare incidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles, E-scooter, E-bike, and hoverboard accidents, pharmaceutical litigation and class actions, and many more. Check out a more comprehensive list on our practice areas page, and contact us with questions about any type of case not listed.
To view more statistics for San Bernardino County, visit OTS.CA.GOV
Wide Ranging Injuries and Wrongful Death Cases
At Bisnar Chase, we handle the full spectrum of cases. Whether you have suffered relatively minor injuries, such as whiplash in a car accident in San Bernardino, or life-altering injuries in a severe fall, we are here to help you.
We know that even the relatively minor injuries can have a drastic impact on your life, perhaps preventing you from working and picking up a paycheck for a couple of weeks, or leaving you with unexpected hospital bills. Whatever the severity of your injury, contact us for help.
Of course, some injuries are far worse than others. A traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury can permanently affect a victim’s quality of life. If you or a loved one have suffered such an injury, turn to Bisnar Chase. We have helped clients throughout San Bernardino County, including major cases involving debilitating injuries.
We handle injury cases across San Bernardino involving:
- Cuts, bruises, and broken bones
- Muscle injuries
- Ligament and tendon damage
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic head and brain injuries
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Eye injuries
- Burn injuries
- And more.
We also handle wrongful death cases. A wrongful death case involves a family member, spouse or surviving parent filing a claim on the behalf of their deceased loved one.
In cases involving wrongful deaths, the responsible party may face criminal charges. But at Bisnar Chase we handle civil litigation, which is separate from any criminal action. We will help you file a civil lawsuit seeking monetary compensation from the negligent party. Nothing can bring a loved one back, but it can help to provide some measure of justice. Speak to a wrongful death attorney in San Bernardino to find out more about your options.
Employment Lawsuits in San Bernardino
We do not solely handle injury claims. Our law firm also has a team of employment lawyers who focus on cases involving those who have suffered injustice in the workplace.
Our employment attorneys cover a wide range of cases. These include:
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour
- Hostile work environment
If you work in or around San Bernardino, either in the city or elsewhere in the county, and have experienced unfair working conditions such as those listed above, we can help. You have rights in the workplace. Employers are required to give you set break times and compensate you correctly according to California law, while providing a safe and secure environment.
Important Factors You Must Prove in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
People are injured every day, and even the most minor injuries can have a real impact on your life. They may keep you awake at night, prevent you from driving for a period of time, or create accumulating medical expenses.
There are key elements in a personal injury case that must be proven to gain the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Those factors are:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
In most cases, there is a negligent party who owes a duty of care to others. For example, when you are driving you owe a duty of care to other road users and pedestrians to drive in a safe and responsible manner. If you were speeding or texting while driving, this would be considered reckless and dangerous, and a breach of your duty.
Another example would be if a grocery store manager neglected to put a caution sign on a slippery floor after being informed of a leaky fridge. This could lead to a slip and fall accident and a premises liability lawsuit. The supervisor has the duty to keep customers safe and breached that duty when he failed to take preventive measures for the incident.
Each injury case differs from the next but there are some important aspects that your San Bernardino injury attorneys must determine:
- Who is at fault?
- Did they have a duty of care?
- Was that duty of care breached?
- How did the events unfold and what was the cause?
It is your injury lawyers job to build a case that demonstrates that you were harmed due to another person or party’s negligence. To do so, they will work with you to compile evidence including:
- Photos, video, and anything else showing the accident. This could include pictures you took yourself at the scene, CCTV footage, or similar.
- Witness statements and accounts.
- Documentation of injuries. Pictures of injury progression, professional diagnosis, medical bills, and expenses.
- Expert testimony.
- Police report.
At Bisnar Chase, we have an outstanding track record when it comes to maximizing the value of injury cases and securing top verdicts and settlements for our clients. Our San Bernardino personal injury attorneys have the skill and experience to win for you.
What Can I Win From My Personal Injury Case?
There are two kinds of damages that can be claimed in a personal injury lawsuit which are monetary and punitive damages. Monetary damages are defined as financial losses that you have faced because of the accident. Unlike monetary damages, punitive damages are difficult to determine. Punitive damage is the actual punishment that the jury will implement on the wrongdoer.
When you hire a personal injury accident lawyer you can receive compensation for damages such as:
Medical bills: Seeking medical care or attention immediately following a car accident or other personal injury is incredibly important. Mostly to your health and well-being, but to your case and its outcome, which decides whether you are compensated or not. Receiving medical attention and care gives the opportunity to have your injuries recorded and documented legally, to prove they are in fact related and found as a result of the accident. Not having medically documented records can cause major issues and can make it impossible to win, continue further, or even start a case.
Pain and suffering: Accident victims who experience pain and suffering usually do not receive this type of compensation from the defendant’s insurance company. The way in which your personal injury attorney in San Bernardino can prove your pain and suffering is through witness accounts from friends or family and a mental health expert diagnosing you with conditions like anxiety. If you have dealt with pain and suffering from your accident, the compensation you win from your case can go to the costs for therapy or medication. Experts strongly encourage auto collision victims to seek legal representation from emotional distress lawyers near you.
Lost wages: In personal injury lawsuits lost wages are the amount the injured would have collected if they hadn’t been harmed in the accident. In work injury suits these are named “back pay wages”. In California, victims of personal injuries who have lost wages after an injury can also lose future earnings (lost earning capacity). Under the strict liability rule, the negligent party must compensate the victim for the financial setbacks they have faced since the incident. Lost wages that can be compensated for can include hourly or salaried pay, commissions, overtime pay, vacation or sick days, and income from being self-employed.
Other factors in the amount of compensation you could win might include:
- Ongoing care and rehab costs
- Emotional trauma
- Property damage
- Compromised quality of life (temporary or permanent)
An accident can have a significant impact on your life, in many different respects. We cannot tell you exactly how much your case will be worth because it depends entirely on the circumstances. No two injury claims are exactly the same. But our team of San Bernardino personal injury attorneys has built a strong reputation. Bisnar Chase is a top firm that gets the best results for our clients, and we can do the same for you.
The Cost of A San Bernardino, CA Injury Lawyer
We understand California courts and have a long history of fighting insurance companies to get you fair compensation. Our law firm offers a contingency plan where you not only pay zero if we don’t win your case, but we shield you from being liable for costs while we handle your case. We actually absorb all your costs until the end. And at that point, if we do not win, you will not be billed for the fees and costs of your case.
Bisnar Chase is committed to providing superior representation for personal injury clients and is focused on recovering the maximum monetary recovery possible for them. We have recovered millions of dollars for our Southern California personal injury clients, including many across San Bernardino County.
How Long Will It Take to Reach a Settlement?
Personal injuries settlements differ from each accident case. There is no set date into which a settlement will be reached; an injury lawsuit can take weeks, months, and in some cases even years.
The at-fault party’s insurance company will offer you a settlement quickly, but it is critical that you receive advice from a legal expert before accepting the offer. Insurance companies often try to lowball you, and it is important that you have an experienced attorney on your side to fight back.
There may also be delays in receiving your compensation when the case has closed. There are several potential reasons for delays at this point. It may depend on who you are dealing with, whether it is a settlement or an appeal is filed, the amounts being discussed, and so on.
Even though it is tempting, do not hurry to settle your personal injury lawsuit. Be patient and work with a top-rated San Bernardino injury attorney to make sure you get the justice you deserve.
Our Track Record
Clients typically approach us when they are in pain, have damaged property, and do not know where to turn. You do not have to worry. Bisnar Chase will handle every aspect of your case, from filing the paperwork to assembling a strong body of evidence and handling negotiations, while you focus on recovery.
Our track record speaks for itself. We have a 99% success rate and have won more than $700 million for our clients, including major cases in San Bernardino and across the rest of the state. Some of our top results include:
- $117.5 million: Consumer class action
- $38.65 million: Motor vehicle accident
- $32.7 million: Auto defect
- $30 million: Motorcycle accident
- $16.4 million: Bicycle accident
- $11 million: Negligent facility
As you can see, we have handled cases of all kinds and won serious compensation for our clients. We can help you too, whether you were injured in a low-speed car crash or a high impact slip and fall. Trust us with our case.
Superior Representation in Cities Across San Bernardino County
Our personal injury lawyers in San Bernardino operate in cities across the Inland Empire and beyond. We provide top-quality legal representation for injury victims across the entire area, including (but not limited to) the following cities:
|San Bernardino||Fontana||Ontario||Rancho Cucamonga|
|Chino Hills||Upland||Apple Valley||Redlands|
If you need the help of a personal injury law firm in Ontario or an accident attorney in Fontana, our team is here for you. Contact Bisnar Chase for a free consultation if you have been injured or live anywhere in San Bernardino County, or elsewhere in California.
San Bernardino Injury Lawsuit FAQs
If your question is not answered on this page, or if you want to find out more, give us a call and speak to one of our legal experts free of charge.
San Bernardino County falls under California state law. You have to file a claim with the courts within two years of the date of your accident. It can take time to decide what you want to do after an injury, but when possible we recommend contacting an attorney as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.
There are plenty of lawyers out there, but some are better than others. You should look for an attorney in San Bernardino that has handled cases like yours, works locally, offers a free consultation and works on contingency, and has a great track record and years of experience. Bisnar Chase fulfills all of these criteria. Our team is also made up of trial lawyers with the resources and skill to take your case as far as it needs to go.
Yes, we do! We advance the costs required to win your case so you have no out-of-pocket worries when we get the ball rolling. Our no win no fee promise protects you and ensures that we only get paid if we win for you.
Every case is different, and you should not trust any lawyer who tells you they can win you a certain amount before thoroughly examining the circumstances of your claim. But we can tell you that we have a great track record when it comes to maximizing the value of your claim. Contact us now and let us provide a proper case review.
Hire a San Bernardino Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
If you have been seriously injured, or suffered damages, you should seek the advice of an experienced San Bernardino personal injury lawyer before time runs out and the statute of limitations makes it impossible for you to ever take legal action.
Bisnar Chase has had the honor of representing many individuals who have fallen victim to personal injuries, from car accidents and dog bites to other horrible situations caused by an accident, negligence, or wrongdoing. We believe in helping people and take our responsibility very seriously.
Our team of skilled personal injury accident lawyers in San Bernardino has a reputation for stunning success in accident cases. We have over 44 years of winning compensation for clients who have experienced a personal injury in and around San Bernardino.
Let the personal injury law firm of Bisnar Chase provide you with superior representation and secure the compensation and justice you deserve.
Contact us now for a free consultation with no obligations. Call (909) 253-0750.