San Bernardino Truck Accident Attorneys
Our team of San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyers have over 40 years of experience and understand what it takes to win your case.
If you've been involved in a truck accident contact our San Bernardino accident lawyers for a free consultation and to find our more on how you can be compensated for your medical bills and lost wages.
The Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase has represented no-fault drivers for decades and have over $650 Million in settlements and verdicts. Our approach is driven by trust, passion, and results for our clients.
There are many potential causes of a truck accident and having a basic understanding of what causes truck accidents can help you avoid being involved in a collision.
In general, it is in the best interest of all motorists to keep a safe distance from tractor-trailers and to drive defensively around big rigs.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, it is also important that you contact a San Bernardino Personal Injury Lawyer so that you can understand what your legal rights and options are.
Contact us for a Free Consultation. For immediate assistance Please Call 909-253-0750.
Examples of Driver Negligence Throughout San Bernardino County
Inland empire traffic accidents may be caused by negligence on the part of a truck driver or other drivers.
Here are some of the most common types of driver negligence we see in the most serious San Bernardino truck accidents:
You can report dangerous and negligent truck and commercial drivers at FMCSA.gov.
- Drunk driving: All commercial drivers in California are considered over the legal limit if they have a blood alcohol concentration of .04 percent. Driving a large truck while under the influence is extremely dangerous and it can have catastrophic consequences.
- Speeding: Truck drivers must not only obey the speed limit, but also adjust their speed according to the cargo they are hauling, roadway conditions and traffic flow. Tailgating is also a common practice among truckers, which can be extremely dangerous. A common type of accident that occurs is a large truck rear-ending a passenger vehicle because the truck driver was traveling at an unsafe rate of speed or was following too closely and could not stop in time to avoid a collision. Such rear-end accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities.
- Distracted driving: Commercial truck drivers should never take their eyes off the road, their hands off the wheel or their focus off the task at hand, which is to drive their truck safely. Distracted driving is a common cause of injury accidents and distracted truck drivers have been linked to a number of tragic San Bernardino accidents. Common examples of distracted truck driving include talking on the cell phone, texting, using a laptop or reading while driving, eating or drinking or using other communication devices.
- Dangerous lane changes: It is crucial that truck drivers only change lanes when it is safe to do so. Truck drivers must use their signals and they must check their rear-view and side-view mirrors multiple times before changing lanes.
- Fatigued driving: Drowsy driving is a serious problem on our roadways. Truck drivers who have worked long hours and feel drowsy should pull over and rest. Drivers who attempt to push through fatigue to meet a deadline have an increased chance of being involved in a San Bernardino truck accident.
- Unsafe turns: Tractor-trailers or large trucks have to make wide and slow turns. It is crucial that they only attempt a turn when there is no oncoming traffic and when vehicles are not so close to them that they will be crushed under the trailer. It is also important that all truck drivers obey traffic control devices such as stop signs and traffic lights. Truck drivers must not only look for other larger vehicles, but also for bicyclists and pedestrians especially at street intersections when they are about to turn.
Lack of Vehicle Maintenance On Older Cars Throughout San Bernardino, California
All truck drivers must inspect their vehicles before every trip. It is particularly important to check the truck's brakes, lights and tires.
When the brakes are worn or defective there is the potential for the trailer to swing out of control or jackknife. When the lights are not working properly, the truck may not be visible to other motorists when it is dark outside.
When the tires are worn or faulty, there is the potential for a tire blowout, which can also cause the truck to go out of control.
There are strict guideline, rules, regulations and laws set for the maintenance of semi trucks and other commercial vehicles, set by OSHA, to insure safe travel for commercial drivers and others on the roads, at all times.
You can read more at OSHA.gov/SLTC/trucking-industry.
Improperly Loaded Cargo Traveling Through San Bernardino
When the trailer is loaded incorrectly, it can cause the truck to easily veer out of control. These types of Inland Empire traffic accidents may involve a runaway trailer or a jackknife accident.
In either case it must be determined who failed to properly inspect the trailer and who was responsible for the way the cargo was loaded.
Hire an Accident Attorney in San Bernardino
If you have been injured in a collision with a big rig, the experienced San Bernardino truck accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase can help you better understand your legal rights and options.
The Southern California Law Offices of Bisnar Chase has won over $650 Million for our clients and have established a 96% Success Rate. We will put more than 40 years of experience to work for you and fight for your rights every step of the way.
Contact our personal injury attorneys to schedule a Free Case Evaluation.