San Bernardino Premises Liability Lawyer
San Bernardino Premise Liability Lawyers know what it takes to win a case. Our firm has been representing clients for over 40 years, has established a 96% Success Rate and has won over $650 Million.
Property owners and managers have a legal obligation to protect visitors to their premises. In San Bernardino, whether it's an office, business, retail store, mall, gym, apartment complex, city- or government-owned facility, hospital or home, property owners have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are safe for anyone who visits or for tenants who live on the property.
Unfortunately, shoppers, visitors or other invited guests are injured every day in San Bernardino as a result of owners and managers of properties failing to take the necessary steps to keep their premises safe and secure.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of negligence on the part of a property owner or manager, it is important that you protect your rights by contacting an experienced San Bernardino personal injury lawyer.
It is important that you avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that could jeopardize your injury claim and prevent you from receiving rightful compensation for your injuries, damages and losses.
Call the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase today for a free consultation and legal advice.
Top 5 Most Common Premise Liability Accidents
Premise Liability Accidents are very common and can happen when you least expect it.
The Top 5 Most Common Premise Liability Accidents consist of:
- Uncontrolled Dogs - Dog bites and other animal attacks can leave a person severely injured, permanently traumatized and even dead. Dogs and other animals that are not confined to a leash or designated and gated area can be extremely dangerous, even if the dog has no prior history of being aggressive or showing violent behavior.
- Inadequate Security - When working on your workplace's property, going to dinner at a restaurant or any other public place, safe grounds are a must. When inadequate security gives an opportunity to wrongful acts and negligence, Bisnar Chase is here to help.
- Slip-and-Fall Risks -Slips and falls can happen anywhere, regardless of when and where. Slips, trips, falls and injuries can happen in the blink of an eye when you never saw anything endangering your well-being.
- Poor Maintenance - The negligence of poor maintenance is no excuse. Property management, maintenance keepers, landlords and other groundkeepers need to be held accountable for negligence and not keeping up with the current safety of the area.
- Obstructions - Raised and unmarked flooring, cracks, poles and other potential trip hazards can cause very serious and even fatal injuries.
Keep your eye out for these dangers. If you or a loved one has been injured due to one of these or any other causes, call us immediately following medical attention.
For a Free Case Evaluation and Consultation, Call 909-253-0750.
What Constitutes a Premises Liability Case?
A premises liability lawsuit holds a property owner liable for injuries, damages and losses arising out of an injury on that individual or entity's property.
Under California law, property owners must exercise due care to ensure that their properties are safe for visitors, guests and others.
Here are some of the most common types of accidents and injuries that may give rise to a San Bernardino premises liability claim:
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents: These are the most common types of accidents that result in premises liability claims. A classic example is detergent or soda spilled on a supermarket aisle on which a shopper slips and falls. In such cases, the business can be held liable for the victim's injuries and losses because they are required to take care of spills right away or at least warn shoppers about the dangerous condition by placing cones or yellow tape around the spill.
- Trip-and-Fall Accidents: Broken stairs, uneven pavement, cracks on sidewalks, bunched-up carpeting or debris on walkways often lead to trip-and-fall accidents. A number of these issues occur due to poor maintenance. In such cases, the person or entity responsible for maintaining the property can be held accountable.
- Dangerous property: Apartment buildings or property owners who house tenants have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are safe and well-maintained. For example, California law requires that all buildings are built to code. Apartment owners must ensure that there are working fire alarms, carbon monoxide alarms and sprinklers on the property.
- Dog Bites: When a dog bites someone else on your property, you could be held liable for the injuries and damages caused. For example, if you are the owner of an apartment building and the dangerous dog lived on your property, then, you could be held liable.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Injuries or losses sustained in swimming pool accidents also fall under the umbrella of premises liability law. For example, if a child is injured in a swimming pool on your property, you could be held liable.
- Lack of Security: This mostly affects commercial properties. For example, if a person is mugged or sexually assaulted in a parking lot because the property owner failed to provide adequate security, then, the victim may be able to seek compensation by filing a premises liability claim.
What to Do if You Have Been Injured
If you have suffered injuries on someone else's property, there are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your legal rights and best interests are protected.
First, make sure you file a report with the property manager soon after your accident and obtain a copy of that report. Take photographs of the location where the accident occurred.
For example, if you tripped on a broken step, capture it on your cell phone right away.
If you wait to come back the next day, the step may have been fixed and you may have lost an important piece of evidence. Obtain contact information from anyone who may have witnessed your incident.
Get prompt medical attention for your injuries, even if you believe you have not been seriously injured. This gives you the best shot at making a speedy and complete recovery. Document all your losses.
This means saving receipts, invoices and keeping track of all expenses relating to your injury. Contact an experienced San Bernardino personal injury lawyer who will ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way. Our attorneys in San Bernardino and an established 96% Success Rate for over 40 years.
Call 909-253-0750 for a free case evaluation.
Seeking Fair Compensation For A Southern California Injury
The experienced San Bernardino Premise Liability Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of handling these types of cases and helping seriously injured clients secure maximum compensation for their significant losses.
Our premise liability attorneys have been serving San Bernardino for over 40 Years and have won over $650 Million for our clients.
Injured victims such as brain injury victims can seek compensation or damages including medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pain and suffering and emotional distress.
It is important during such a time to get experienced San Bernardino premises liability lawyers who is knowledgeable, skilled and passionate in their pursuit for justice.
Please contact our law offices at 909-253-0750.
Check out our law firm website to obtain more information on us.