"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address 1961
In response to those words and that challenge, Bisnar Chase has chosen to devote a portion of our attorneys fees and resources to support organizations that feed the hungry, search for cures, provide services for children and work to make our world a safer place. We encourage you to, "…ask what you can do…" and chip in what you can.
As Mahatma Gandhi once said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
See All Photos: Bisnar Chase Events and charities.
The Branch Out Scholarship:
Commitment to Excellence in Education and Communities
Bisnar Chase is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students in the 11th grade through college with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. The scholarship is based on providing a 500-word personal statement, which addresses why they are commited to education; the struggles faced by their respective communities and how they believe they can help.
In addition, Bisnar Chase will give $500 to a non-profit charity of the winner’s choice.
The deadline for this scholarship is December 15th, 2017.
Apply here for the Branch Out Scholarship.
One Tough Cookie Scholarship
The One Tough Cookie Scholarship allows enrolled students to share their stories about how they have overcome their most difficult obstacles to get to where they are today, or to share their most inspirational story about their life. Students will be given a link where they can vote for their stories and encourage others to vote for their stories as well. The story with the most votes by September 1st, 2016, will win the scholarship award. The scholarship is available nationwide and can do a lot to help a struggling student help cover expenses. You can learn more about the One Tough Cookie Scholarship program here.
Bisnar Chase has partnered with the organization to create beanies and blankets for babies in the hospital and for disabled veterans. Knots of Love has collected over 400K items for donations. Most of the beanies go to those going through chemo.
Bisnar Chase collects donations for this local charity and the items include backpacks, clothing, jewelry and personal care items. Mitch, the director of the program works tirelessly to make sure the underprivileged receive items.
Bisnar Chase is proud of the backpack program we've created to help those in need in our community. The program was created in 2014 to help supply people in our community with personal supplies. The backpacks are each filled with a blanket, socks, water bottle, deodorant and other personal misc. items. Each month we visit Mary's Kitchen located in Orange, California and hand out the backpacks. To date we have created and handed out over 500 backpacks. You can learn more about getting involved by visiting BackPacks4Life.com
Haven Penman was struck and killed by a drunk driver just eight days after her 13th birthday. In Haven's honor, Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys joined in to raise donations and supplies for the Path of Life Ministries Homeless Shelter. See photos here!
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys donated 1,000 turkeys at two locations for Thanksgiving. The distributions took place at St. Norbert's church in Orange and Anaheim Vineyard in Anaheim. 500 turkeys were distributed at each location to those in need. The entire staff of Bisnar Chase came out to help. See photos.
We had a great time at the Rock Church Adopt a Pantry drive. Turn out for the drive was very successful. Teaming with Second Harvest Food Bank, the drive which took place in Orange, delivered 9000 pounds of food to people of need. Since 1983 Second Harvest has distributed 257 million pounds of food through their hunger relief programs. Some of these programs are adopt a pantry, feed the children, food shelters and seniors' programs. To learn more or see how you can help, please visit their website.
And, we have our Lakers tickets winner! Sara is a HUGE Lakers fan, as is her mother and today she was beaming as she and a volunteer from AbilityFirst picked up her tickets. Sonia, who works for AbilityFirst saw the drawing on Facebook and entered the contest on behalf of her organization, and Sara won in our random drawing. It brings us great joy to see Sara enjoy attending a LIVE Lakers game, and by Sonia entering, she certainly made Sara's day! Sara will be going to the game at the Staples Center with her mother.
More tickets to come! The competition to enter the drawing was open to anyone with connection to a special needs child who liked and commented on our Lakers post. Be sure to follow our Facebook page so you can enter our drawings!
Bisnar Chase has created an academic reward for local students. The prize will be two Lakers tickets awarded to a local student with straight A's on their most recent report card.
The idea behind this donation is to bring to light and reward students who work hard. Bisnar Chase also provides periodic Lakers ticket awards to special needs children within our community. The drawings are announced on our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ social channels. Be sure to follow us to be notified when the drawings take place.
For the seventh straight year, Bisnar Chase participated in Share Our Selves' Adopt A Family program. This year, our employees adopted an Orange County family of 10. The firm has collected at least 40 gifts for this family including gift cards. Usually, Bisnar Chase adopts one large family or two medium-sized families and ensures that each family member has a minimum of three gifts to open. This year, the program, which is in its 42nd year, will serve more than 1,100 families with children recommended by Costa Mesa and Santa Ana schools, according to the organization's website.
Our office held a gift wrapping party where we enjoyed pizza and wrapped over 40 presents for our adopted family. We've included the video here and if you'd like to see some of the pictures be sure to head over to our Community Outreach board on Pinterest. Don't forget to follow our pin boards while you're there! Happy Holidays!
Thousands of families in Orange County are struggling with hunger and rely on families like yours for help and hope.
Your gift goes a long way to feed the hungry. Together, we can provide the gift of food and hope to hard working families that might otherwise go without.
Let's make sure that no family sits down to an empty plate this holiday. Our staff at Bisnar Chase donated towards hundreds of meals for December. Find out how you can help too by visiting Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County.
Turkey Mania! Bisnar Chase Donates over 1,000 Turkeys to OC Families
Bisnar Chase proudly supports the Adopt a Pantry program through Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County. In November we passed out over 1,000 turkeys along with miscellaneous vegetables to families in Orange County as well as to deserving families from March Air Reserve Base.
The food donation program was spread over three separate days at three locations and families from all over Orange County came out. The locations of the donations were Connected Blessings in Anaheim, St. Norbert Catholic Church in Orange and March Air Reserve Base in Riverside.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County has given more than 270 million pounds of food since 1983 and is the largest private hunger relief organization in the county, partnering with 470 charitable organizations to feed an average of 240,000 people each month. For every dollar that is donated 94.6 cents goes directly to hunger relief programs.
More Headlines of Bisnar Chase Community Involvement
- Bisnar Chase employees donate clothing for job program. The staff donated used business clothing to WHW -- an employment program for disadvantaged people. The clothing drive brought in a lot of clothes, shoes, purses and personal hygiene items. All of the items are distributed to those in need and who are looking for work and need clothes for job interviews, training etc.
- Bisnar Chase Donates money to WHW "Suits for a Cause". This program provides business attire to disadvantaged people seeking employment. Bisnar Chase donated money as a sponsor.
- Bisnar Chase Employees Donate $1151.00 to Create "Sweet Cases" for Foster Kids.
- Bisnar Chase Awards $1,000 Scholarship to Law Student in Need
- Child Safety: Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys Sponsors 800 Safety Kits for Huntington Beach School Children
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Bisnar Chase Partners with Share Our Selves During the Holidays to Support Orange County Families in Need
- Walk to End Alzheimer's Event
- Bisnar Chase Legal Scholarship
- Feeding Orange County's Less Fortunate - Personal Injury Attorney's With Heart
- Attorneys Team Up With Food Bank
- Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys Organize Charity of Free Lakers Tickets to Special Needs Kids
- MADD Orange County 2012 Rubio's Fund-raiser
- Jersey Mike's Sub Fund raiser
- Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys Helps MADD Raise $1,500 at Roller Derby
- Bisnar Chase Makes A Donation To Walk Like MADD On Behalf Of Lawrence Buckfire
- Bisnar Chase Donates To National MS Society
- A Thousand Free Turkeys, Food Items To Be Donated In November To Area's Needy
- Bisnar Chase Makes Donation To Share Our Selves 19th Annual Wild & Crazy Taco Night Benefiting The Orange Aid Project
- The Down Syndrome Association Of Orange County Needs Your Support
- People Over Profits
- Bisnar Chase, Second Harvest Food Bank And The Raise Foundation Donate 9,600 Pounds Of Food To Orange County's Needy
- Supporting Talk About Curing Autism (TACA)
- Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys Support TIMOTCA
- Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys Makes Contribution To Vietnam Veterans Of America
- Virtual Food Drive
- Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys Walked Like MADD