The Newport Beach personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase are top-rated trial attorneys with decades of experience. We have won $800M for injury victims and take pride in going the extra mile for our clients.
There are a lot of injury attorneys out there, but only a few will give you the personal attention and legal expertise that your case needs. Our personal injury lawyers have been assisting injury victims in Newport Beach for more than 45 years with an outstanding 99% success rate.
Our primary office is based in Newport, and we are passionate about helping people across our community. Our firm has the resources to win your case. We know the courts, defense lawyers, and culture in Orange County, and we can win the fair compensation you deserve.
Our clients receive a very personal first-class experience from dedicated staff members passionate about pursuing justice. We have secured settlements and verdicts for more than 12,000 clients. Contact us if you have been hurt due to someone else’s negligence.
Call (949) 203-3814 for a free consultation, and use the live chat function on our website.
Newport Beach Personal Injury Resources
Common Injury Cases in Newport Beach
Newport Beach is a wealthy and family-friendly community with excellent public schools and a high cost of living. The majority of residents are homeowners who enjoy the area’s stunning coastal views and easy access to nearby beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Almost 86,000 residents live in Newport beach.
Newport Beach is a tourist hotspot known for its beautiful beaches and stunning waterfront views and activities. The Newport peninsula is usually packed with people, especially at weekends and holidays, with people flooding to Balboa Fun Zone to hiring Duffy boats to get out on the water. There are also countless crossings leading vulnerable pedestrians over busy roads to the beach.
All of these factors leave a huge number of potential hazards and severe injury causes. You have pedestrians stepping into the road without warning, cyclists, and electric bike riders zipping through the streets, all alongside heavy traffic.
There are also plenty of dangers on the water, with boat accidents and watersport mishaps, not to mention personal injury accidents occurring away from the coast.
These are just some of the most common cases taken on by our personal injury lawyers in Newport Beach:
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Cycling accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drowning & beach injuries
- E-bike and e-scooter injuries
- Slip and falls, swimming pool accidents, and other forms of premises liability
- Product liability – dangerous or defective products
- Boat and other watercraft accidents
- Assault and battery
- School bullying injuries
Newport Beach Demographics
- According to the United States Census Bureau’s most recent estimates in 2020, the population of Newport Beach was approximately 85,136 people.
- The median age of residents in Newport Beach was 49.4 years, and the city had a slightly higher percentage of females (51.3%) than males (48.7%).
- The racial makeup of the city was predominantly White (83.9%), with smaller populations of Asian (10.3%), Hispanic or Latino (4.3%), and Black or African American (0.7%) residents.
- The median household income in Newport Beach was $137,563, and the per capita income was $87,721, making it a relatively wealthy city.
- The median home value is $2,000,000.00 with the average rent or mortgage around $2600.00 per month.
- Newport Beach was ranked #9 as the best place to retire.
- There are 74 public schools in Newport Beach.
N.B. Crime and safety statistics
Newport Beach California is generally a very safe city, but with its luxuries comes opportunities for crime, especially theft, robbery, and burglary. The high-end area has expensive cars, homes, and boats and this draws the attention of criminals looking to capitalize on the sense of safety residents of Newport Beach feel.
Hoag Hospital is the primary medical center in the city and most victims of a crime will be treated there due to its size and reputation of stellar medical care.
Road and Traffic Accidents
The roads in and around Newport beach can be a nightmare. They are often busy and congested, increasing the risk of crashes involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses, and more.
Residents and tourists alike also walk and cycle around the area. You cannot avoid the masses of cyclists when the weather is good. As a result, the city is one of the worst areas in Southern California for bicycle accident statistics. There are also frequent pedestrian accidents, particularly with drivers failing to pay attention as people use crossings to get to the beach.
Example: Fatal car crash in Newport Beach
Dog bite attacks are also common in Newport. A huge number of people own dogs in the area, and not all owners are responsible. A dog might attack if it is angry or scared. In most cases, a dog’s owner will be liable if it bites someone or causes injury, according to California law.
We’ve represented thousands of dog bite victims in Orange County over the years and can help if you have been the victim of an attack.
Premises Liability Cases
Property owners and managers are responsible for making sure a location are safe. If you are injured on someone else’s property due to their negligence, you may be able to take legal action. This could apply to any premises, from private homes to workplaces or Newport Beach hotels.
There are several forms of premise liability. An example might be slip and fall accidents in a grocery store or a swimming pool accident at a hotel. You might have a case if the property owner did not provide proper warnings, take adequate precautions, or react to a hazard quickly enough.
Example: Von Normann v Newport Channel Inn – Hotel negligenc
Bisnar Chase handles cases involving injuries of all levels. Whether you have suffered bruising, a broken bone, a concussion, or something far worse, we are here for you.
In cases where a person has suffered a catastrophic injury, such as a spinal cord injury, a traumatic brain injury, paralysis, permanent disability, or even wrongful death, a Newport Beach personal injury lawyer should always be contacted. These are major injuries with life-altering consequences. A complicated, serious injury case can be very stressful to all involved, and top-notch representation must have a successful outcome.
Why Should You Hire Bisnar Chase?
Dealing with the aftermath of a personal injury accident or struggling with an injury can be traumatic. We know how hard this time can be, but we are here to help guide you through the legal process and secure the justice and the maximum compensation you deserve.
But why should you choose to work with Bisnar Chase? There are plenty of personal injury law firms in Newport Beach, but not all offer the same quality of representation or quality of client experience. You need a firm with a great reputation, with experience in cases similar to your own.
- Bisnar Chase has been in business since 1978 with more than four decades of experience.
- Our brilliant trial attorneys are tough, skilled, and equally at home at the negotiating table or in the courtroom.
- We have a track record of success: $750 million won for our clients, maintaining a 99% success rate.
- Our team cares about the people of Newport Beach. We are proud to be a part of this community and believe we can get the best results possible for you.
- To us, providing superior representation goes beyond results. We strive to deliver a first-class client experience. Our attorneys are easy to contact, and our compassionate and caring team.
- We offer a no-win, no-fee promise that guarantees top-rated legal representation to people of all means.
- We have the resources to take on anyone. We do not back down from a challenge, especially when a case involves the wrongdoing of a large company.
What Will a Newport Beach Personal Injury Attorney Do For You?
Trying to handle an injury claim without help can be nearly impossible. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side to take care of your case while you focus on recovery.
Our team helps plaintiffs by:
- Collecting evidence and building the strongest case possible.
- Entering negotiations with the insurance company or defense team representing the at-fault party.
- Filing all necessary forms and paperwork as needed.
- Guiding medical treatment and trusted specialists.
- Assembling and working with expert witnesses to support your claim.
- Providing regular case reviews and updates.
- Negotiating a fair settlement out of court.
- Take your case to trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
- Advancing the finances required to win your case.
- Aiding you in the collection process and providing further representation in the event of an appeal.
Having experienced Newport Beach personal injury lawyers on your side through this process will help you get the justice that you deserve. We work on a contingency fee bases, so there is no fee if we don’t win. Call us for legal advice about your case.
How Much is an Injury Case Worth?
The level of compensation that a client might receive will always vary depending on their case. There is no standard amount set for a personal injury claim. For example, two similar car accidents could have completely different consequences. Every case is taken on its own merits, which will be reflected in the final compensatory award.
These are some of the key factors which can contribute to a decision:
- The type and severity of the injury.
- Medical bills and expenses of the accident victim.
- Non-economic damages.
- Economic damages.
- compensatory damages.
- Punitive damages.
- Emotional damages.
- Levels of pain and suffering.
- Costs of ongoing care and equipment in catastrophic injury cases.
- Property damage.
- Loss of income and ability to earn a living.
These are just some of the contributing factors. Generally speaking, the worse the impact of an accident on the victim, the greater the value of the case. Legal proceedings are designed to make the victim whole.
Newport Beach Injury FAQs
We know that you are likely to have many questions before choosing to sign with a personal injury attorney in Newport Beach. Below are just some of the most frequently asked questions that we hear. If you have a question that is not answered on this page, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
There is a time limit in the state of California for filing a personal injury claim, referred to as the statute of limitations. In most cases, you must file a claim within two years of the accident date. We recommend speaking to an attorney sooner rather than later to make sure your case goes smoothly.
Following an incident or injury, your first steps should be to:
- Seek medical attention.
- Call the police.
- Collect time-sensitive evidence, such as pictures of the scene and your injuries, eye-witness statements, and physical evidence. You could also request a copy of the incident report from the Newport Beach Police Department, as well as copies of your medical reports.
- Contact a Newport Beach injury attorney.
When you work with Bisnar Chase there will be no up-front out-of-pocket charges. We offer a free initial consultation, and a no win no free promise if you sign with us. That means that we advance the money required to win your case, and we only get paid a pre-agreed percentage if we win your case.
Call our Newport Beach personal injury lawyers and we will provide you with the information you need to get started. We are dedicated to making this process as pain-free as possible for you. The call is free and there is no obligation to discuss your case.
How to Win a Personal Injury Case
Winning an injury lawsuit is all about proving liability. Your attorney’s job is to show that you have sustained injuries due to another person’s negligence. Four factors must be shown to win your case:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party owed you a reasonable duty of care.
- Breach of care: They failed in their duty of care and put you in danger.
- Causation: The defendant’s actions directly or indirectly led to your injuries.
- Damages: That you have suffered real harm as a result – through injury, financial loss, property damage, etc.
A Newport Beach personal injury lawyer will build a case to prove these four points. Your attorney will identify any potentially negligent parties that may share liability (there may be more than one person or entity sharing fault) and assemble evidence to prove wrongdoing.
Your legal representative will use evidence, including pictures and videos from the accident scene and of your injuries, eye witness statements, expert witness testimony, medical records, supporting police records, and more.
At Bisnar Chase, our team puts meticulous work into every case. We believe in being prepared before stepping into a negotiation or courtroom.
Top Case Results: Success with Bisnar Chase
Our law firm has litigated thousands of cases and won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. We take pride in maximizing the value of the cases we take.
Some of our recent verdicts and settlements include:
- Motorcycle Accident – Award: $30,000,000
- Auto Defect – Seatback Failure – Award: $24,744,000
- Bicycle Accident – Award: $16,444,904
- Car Accident with Auto Defect – Award: $16,000,000
- Facility Negligence – Award: $11,000,000
- Premise Liability – Award: $10,030,000
Managing partner Brian Chase has earned a reputation as one of the very best personal injury attorneys in Newport Beach and across California. He secures top results for his clients and is recognized with an array of awards every year, marking him out as one of the best in the business.
Brian went to law school to pursue his dream of becoming a personal injury lawyer because it is important to him to give injured plaintiffs a voice. He works tirelessly representing injured clients and fighting greedy insurance companies. Just as importantly, Brian has assembled a team of attorneys and legal professionals at Bisnar Chase who are just as passionate as he is.
Our trial lawyers have obtained some impressive results for our clients. We have taken on and won cases that other law firms wouldn’t touch. We have the experience, knowledge, and resources to get great results.
Taking on Insurance Companies
There are typically two potential paths to compensation in an injury case. We can negotiate a settlement before a case ever goes to court, or we can take a case to trial and argue the facts in front of a jury.
The vast majority of cases are settled out of court. A settlement can be agreed upon before litigation or at any point once a case has begun, even just before a jury verdict is returned. Most cases are settled this way because it is safer. Juries can be unpredictable, removing the risk of ending up with nothing.
In many accident cases in the Newport area, we will be negotiating a compensatory amount with the at-fault party’s insurance company. Some people try to do this on their own, but we strongly recommend that you have an attorney argue your case for you.
The insurance company will have an experienced negotiator working to minimize the amount they have to pay. It is important to remember that the insurance firm is not your friend. They will often lowball you because it is their goal to settle claims as quickly and for as little money as possible.
Let our experienced team deal with these negotiations. Our caring staff will take the pressure off of you so that you can focus on getting better. You can count on our legal team to take on the insurance companies and protect you all the way.
Bisnar Chase Client Reviews
Finding a trustworthy law firm is very important. Luckily, review websites like Google and Yelp can help steer you in the direction of trusted firms, allowing you to make an informed decision.
At Bisnar Chase, we are very proud of our client reviews, and we work hard to make every client feel like they are our only client. Our entire staff is passionate about providing a legal service second to none.
Here are just a few reviews of our services:
Bisnar Chase: Serving Newport Beach for More Than 44 Years
Bisnar Chase is proud to have been a part of the Newport Beach community for more than 45 years. We have served the area since 1978, providing top-tier representation when residents need a personal injury lawyer.
While our primary law office is based in Newport, we also serve the surrounding areas. This includes other cities within Orange County, such as Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, and Huntington Beach. We also serve communities in Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Los Angeles County, among others.
Bisnar Chase is a proud member of the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce. We are heavily involved in our community and feel a sense of responsibility. Of course, that means working diligently to satisfy each and every client. But it also means running charity initiatives and taking part in community events. We believe in contributing to our area.
If you need a Newport Beach personal injury attorney, please consider letting us represent you.
Contact our Newport Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
We pride ourselves on providing superior representation for our clients, offering experience and expertise, as well as a compassionate and personal touch. Bisnar Chase has been in business for more than four decades and maintains an outstanding 99% success rate.
Allowing us to handle your personal injury case means you will receive the best in client care. We have developed a reputation that we are very proud of, and have a history of getting great results for our clients. Bisnar Chase is the natural choice for people searching for the best personal injury attorneys in Newport Beach with a proven track record of success representing clients throughout Orange County.
Contact our Newport Beach personal injury lawyers today! Call (949) 203-3814, use the live chat function on our website, or click to contact us.
Newport Beach Resources
- SNA Auto Rental: Replacement vehicle after an accident has caused damage.
- Auto insurance in Newport Beach: AAA has a local office with a variety of services with walk-in appointments.
- Financial Planning with Tax & Financial Group.
- Natural Healing Center: Find healthcare professionals to treat ongoing medical issues after an injury.
- Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- Chiropractic Care of Newport Beach.
- Community Emergency Response Team.
- Harbor Justice Center.