A top-rated Santa Ana personal injury lawyer with decades of experience handling accident lawsuits and a successful track record of fighting for the rights of injured plaintiffs due to someone else’s negligence will be on your side.
We have a solid legal team, and our law firm handles the most challenging claims in Orange County, California. Our personal injury attorney and legal team in Santa Ana have represented thousands of clients and are experienced in many practice areas, including serious car accidents.
The lawyers of Bisnar Chase have had a 99 percent success rate since 1978, securing hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements.
Contact our personal injury attorneys in Santa Ana at 949-203-3814 and schedule your free consultation on your personal injury case.
Santa Ana Personal Injury Attorney
Hiring the Best Santa Ana Personal Injury Lawyer
Our Santa Ana personal injury lawyers skilled in personal injury claims will be able to assess all aspects of your damages, from immediate expenses such as hospital bills to long-term costs associated with rehabilitation or therapy services related to your personal injuries.
Bicyclists, pedestrians, and e-scooter riders in Santa Ana are particularly vulnerable to traffic accidents, and Bisnar Chase stands up for them when at-fault parties cause injuries. We advocate on their behalf and hold those at fault accountable when accidents in Santa Ana do happen.
46 Years of Service & Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyers in Orange County
Those injured in car crashes or other Santa Ana accidents often incur medical bills and expenses not covered by their insurance, as well as lost income compared to if the injuries had not happened.
An experienced Santa Ana personal injury attorney can help you assess the actual cost of your injuries and construct a claim that includes both economic and non-economic damages. Seek medical treatment immediately, and document all expenses. It may also be wise to keep track of missed workdays because of injury.
Catastrophic injuries, like spinal cord injuries, can leave victims partially or fully paralyzed and require lifelong medical care.
Our accident attorneys have vast experience managing such injury claims and helping victims obtain compensation for financial burdens, pain, and suffering.
Dog bites can lead to serious injuries, and their owners should be held liable. Our Santa Ana personal injury attorney and legal team have represented numerous victims of dog attacks and will work tirelessly for maximum compensation for each one.
Almost $1 billion in recoveries
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury attorneys have successfully recovered more than $800M for our clients, demonstrating our firm’s skill at upholding your rights and winning substantial compensation to cover losses or damages.
Holding negligent parties liable
Automobile accidents in Santa Ana are one of the most frequently occurring forms of personal injury cases we deal with. Most often, these incidents result from negligence on behalf of drivers; an experienced Santa Ana personal injury attorney can help hold negligent parties liable for your losses and injuries.
Like other California cities, Santa Ana relies heavily on trucks and delivery vehicles to bring materials, food, and inventory directly to local businesses and homes. Personal injuries may occur when these vehicles collide with pedestrians, and an experienced injury lawyer can help you seek justice against those responsible.
Bikers face an increased risk of traffic accidents if they don’t wear helmets, making a strong advocate necessary to pursue compensation claims on their behalf.
Every year in California, defective products injure or kill thousands of people. An experienced Santa Ana product liability lawyer can assess your case and identify manufacturers or sellers liable for your harm; to achieve maximum compensation, you’ll need to show that your damages would likely not have arisen without their negligence.
Contact our law office for a free personal injury claim evaluation, and let us help you fight for justice.
Beyond the insurance companies: litigation and trial attorneys
The lawyers at Bisnar Chase are all trial attorneys with decades of experience in and out of Orange County courtrooms and masters in litigation and negotiation tactics. We will never attempt to settle your personal injury claim just because it’s easy. We fight until you are satisfied, and if that means setting a trial and going to court, we will!
What Types of Santa Ana Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle?
Santa Ana is the county seat of government. It is home to diverse communities and bustling neighborhoods, as well as offices, shopping centers, and industrial buildings. The hectic activity in this vibrant city also creates an environment rife with dangers and some of the most dangerous intersections in Orange County.
Our Santa Ana accident lawyers represent victims of a number of accidents:
- Car accidents: Our team of Santa Ana car accident lawyers have taken on some of the most difficult car accident cases in Orange County, California. We have the resources, both financial and in terms of experience, to represent cases other law firms will not.
- Pedestrian accidents: Santa Ana Pedestrian accidents can be difficult to pursue. Oftentimes, the cases involve a hit and run and there is no one to go after for compensation. Our investigators work diligently to bring the wrongdoers to justice.
- Bus accidents: Bus congestion in Santa Ana is a real problem. Every day people are injured using public transportation and our law firm has a successful track record pursuing these types of cases.
- Truck accidents: Commercial truck accidents are cases that some law firms do not like to take on because of the difficulty dealing with the insurance companies playing hardball. Bisnar Chase’s accident lawyers have a reputation for being tough negotiators who aren’t afraid of the insurance companies.
- Bicycle accidents: Because there is so much traffic in Orange County, we see a lot of bicycle accident cases in our office. We are residents of the city and know the courts well. We have continued success in and out of the courtroom.
- Motorcycle accidents: We’ve won seven figure settlements for motorcycle accident victims. Using a top-rated motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get maximum compensation.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: A premise liability case in Santa Ana is no different than the hundreds of premise cases we have taken on throughout California. Whether it’s a slip and fall at Walmart or a food poisoning case at Chipotle, we have the team to bring results.
- Dog bites: Dog bite cases can be very complicated, involving Homeowners insurance and many injuries for the victim. Dog bite cases have strict liability therefore, if the animals’ owner has property and a homeowners insurance policy, you are entitled to be compensated. We have successfully taken on thousands of dog bite cases.
- Catastrophic brain injuries: One of the most tragic cases we see is when a client has had a catastrophic brain injury and no longer has any quality of life. The family is left feeling overwhelmed and unable to care for the needs of their loved ones properly. Our Santa Ana injury lawyers have had much success with catastrophic injury cases, including a 24.7M verdict for a client who was hit by a car and left with serious head injuries.
- Employment Law: We can represent those affected by a hostile work environment, wage & hour violations, discrimination & other illegal acts that take place in the workplace.
Damages Recoverable in Personal Injury Cases
The amount of damages you can recover in a personal injury case will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. However, you can generally recover all the damages you have suffered due to the defendant’s negligence.
Medical expenses: This includes the cost of past and future medical care, such as doctor’s visits, hospital stays, and prescription medications.
Lost wages: This includes the wages you have failed due to being unable to work due to your injuries.
* Property damage: This includes the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property in the accident.
Economic damages: These can be easily calculated and quantified, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages are more difficult to quantify than economic damages, but they can be just as important. These damages are designed to compensate you for the pain and suffering you have experienced due to the accident.
Non-economic damages can include:
Pain and suffering: This includes the physical pain and emotional distress you have experienced due to your injuries.
Loss of enjoyment of life: This includes the loss of the ability to do the things you enjoy due to your injuries.
Punitive damages: Punitive damages are awarded to punish the defendant for their reckless or intentional actions. Punitive damages are not granted in all cases, and they are typically only awarded in cases where the defendant’s actions were particularly egregious.
If you have been injured in an accident, you must speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and they can help you file a claim for damages.
What Should I Do After an Accident in California?
If you have been injured in a personal accident, there are crucial steps you should take immediately to protect your rights.
- Seek medical treatment promptly for the best chances of recovery.
- Document all the relevant details of the accident and keep them safe for future reference. This includes collecting witness names and taking photographs of the scene to strengthen your legal testimony if needed.
- Be sure to update your insurance provider about the accident and keep copies of all records accessible for accurate documentation.
- If the situation involves a car accident, file a police report immediately to ensure a trail of events is established.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney in Santa Ana to see what your lawsuit is worth to cover property damage and medical bills.
Pre-Existing Injuries and Personal Injury Claims
Dealing with a personal injury claim involving prior ailments(neck, back, hip injuries) can be challenging due to complications arising from an existing injury and the ability to determine how much damage was caused by the accident and not a pre-existing one.
1) Understanding Pre-Existing Ailments: Physical or medical conditions occurring before the accident resulting in your current injury claim constitute pre-existing damages or ailments, ranging from minor complications to significant health concerns deserving attention during litigation.
2) Aggravation of Pre-Existing Injuries: Should a situation that resulted in the filing of your current injury claim worsen or increase the severity of previous complications, financial compensation claims become justifiable. Those responsible for negligent actions exacerbating pre-existing conditions might be subject to additional legal liability toward victims.
3) Comparative Negligence Procedures: When it comes to specific personal injury claims, comparative negligence principles exist where compensations could either reduce or become nullified if injured parties had pre-existing conditions considerably, perpetuating an already tricky situation. Compensation adjustments will correspond with the fault assigned in any such lawsuit.
4) “Eggshell Plaintiff” Rule: Considered under this regulation. Even if previous health complications that could have made individuals more susceptible to further harm existed, liable defendants cannot tout this as a factor leading up to or reducing any owed compensation due to their negligent actions.
5) Comprehensive Medical Records and Expert Witness Testimonies: Filing a personal injury claim concerning prior ailments necessitates detailed documentation of medical histories such as hospital records, diagnostic test results, treatment histories, and expert witness opinions regarding case specifics being established concretely.
All documents above work towards building accuracy relating directly between incidents leading up to litigation and the cause & effect of individuals’ pre-existing conditions.
6) The burden Of Proof in Claims Involving Pre Existing Conditions: Injuries resulting from situations that end up making sole sufferers vulnerable because of previous medical concerns require strong cases built towards proving causality owing to implications on legal matters based on the affected parties involved.
To obtain justifiable compensation for damages resulting from an injury caused by accident, significant evidence needs to be collected, like official medical reports or qualified experts’ statements detailing how it altered our state of health. If we can establish that our pre-existing condition worsened due to this accident, we may claim financial support covering costs like doctors’ consultation fees or any rehab therapies required.
Different jurisdictions have different laws and regulations, so choosing a lawyer based on location is advised.
“…what I can guarantee you is with the resources of business with the verdicts that we’ve attained across the country and with the trial lawyer of the year awards that I have on others in my firm we will maximize the value of your lawsuit.”
– California Personal Injury Attorney, Brian Chase
What is Your California Personal Injury Case Worth?
If you have been injured in any type of Santa Ana accident, you probably have a number of questions racing through your mind. How much would you have to spend on medical expenses? How many days of work will you have to miss due to your injuries?
Who will help pay for the cost of hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitative treatment such as physical therapy, which your health insurance may not fully cover? And, how can you hold the at-fault parties accountable for their negligence and/or wrongdoing?
These are all valid questions. We have answers. If the negligence or wrongdoing of another caused your injury, the California courts state that you have a right to compensation. You may receive compensation for all your injuries, damages, and losses. The nature and extent of your injuries and losses will often determine what your case is worth.
For example, if your injury was so minor that you didn’t require any follow-up treatment at the hospital or any therapy, then your case may not be worth much, but if the injuries are moderate or severe, your case could be worth from $5000.00 to upwards of $100,000.00. In particular circumstances, a personal injury case can result in 7- and 8-figure settlements, especially with long term injuries.
If you have suffered injuries that required hospitalization and caused you to take time off work, then your personal injury claim would be worth much more, and you will need a skilled Santa Ana personal injury lawyer on your side as soon as possible to help protect your rights every step of the way.
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury such as a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage that caused you to become paralyzed or permanently disabled, your injury claim could be worth significantly more.
Accident victims are able to seek compensation for damages including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Cost of hospitalization
- Rehabilitation costs
- Loss of livelihood or future income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
How Can You Protect Your Rights in California?
When you have been injured – be it in a Santa Ana auto accident, slip-and-fall accident, a dog attack or due to a defective product – there are a number of steps you can and should take in order to protect your legal rights in California.
First and foremost, file a report or complaint to the appropriate authorities. This helps create a record of the incident. Gather as much evidence as possible from the scene where the incident occurred. Take cell phone photographs, write down notes, and obtain contact information for any people who may have witnessed the incident.
If you cannot do so because of your injuries, have a friend or family member gather that information for you because it could be extremely valuable during the claims process. Get prompt medical attention and treatment for your injuries. This puts you on the path to recovery and helps create a record of your injuries and the type of treatment and care you received.
Keep a detailed log of the number of workdays you missed due to the injuries. Save all invoices and bills relating to the incident. Contact an experienced Santa Ana injury attorney who will remain on your side, fight for your rights and help you secure fair and total compensation for all your damages and losses.
The Importance of Accident Documentation
In order to present a strong claim, it is crucial that you document your losses diligently and methodically. Here are some of the items and pieces of evidence that can better your assist your Santa Ana personal injury attorney.
- Photographic evidence including images from the scene of the incident, of your injuries and of vehicles, if the incident was a car accident.
- A journal detailing your injuries, the extent of your pain and things you could or could not do.
- Records of medical receipts, prescriptions, medical device receipts, co-payments, doctor office visits, physical therapy visits, chiropractor appointments.
- All correspondence including e-mails relating to your medical issues and expenses.
- Travel expenses for medical appointments and other visits related to the incident.
- Lost wages and any income lost due to the incident.
Do I have To Pay Upfront For My PI Case?
No. Our firm will only charge you a percentage after we have settled your case. If you follow our recommendations and do not receive a recovery, you will not be charged. When it comes to representing your rights and passionately pursuing justice on your behalf, our injury attorneys leave no stone unturned.
We have a reputation with insurance companies and defense counsel for being fierce negotiators and advocates who are not afraid to go the extra mile to get justice for our clients.
Our Orange County clients, including those in the 92703 area, get superior legal representation and quality customer service from our team of lawyers, paralegals, and support staff. We support and cherish an office culture where we treat each other, our clients, and community members with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
We take cases on a contingency fee basis, giving our clients that guarantee they won’t be charged any fees unless we recover compensation.
Personal Injury Statistics in California and Santa Ana
- Santa Ana has an estimated population of 335,400 people (2019).
- There were 3,594,000 non-fatal personal injury cases in the United States in 2018.
- There were an estimated 515,000 non-fatal personal injury cases in California in 2018.
- Santa Ana had an estimated 8,000 non-fatal personal injury cases in 2018.
- Orange County, where Santa Ana is located, had a total of 11,951 car accidents in 2021.
- Rear-end accidents accounted for 33.14% of all crashes in Orange County.
- The average personal injury case cost is $30,000 in the United States.
- In California, the average cost of a personal injury case is $45,000.
(Source: National Safety Council)
Contact a Santa Ana Personal Injury Attorney
Let us help win your case. We have the resources and experience to take on complicated personal injury cases throughout California with winning results. If we don’t win, you don’t pay, and time is of the essence to file your claim with California having a strict two year statute of limitations. To obtain legal representation in Orange County, please call our personal injury attorneys in Santa Ana at 949-203-3814.