Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycles, unlike regular four-door vehicles, do not offer protection for riders from factors such as careless drivers. Our Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Lawyers believe that those careless drivers should be held accountable for a severe injury or wrongful death.
Santa Ana is part of the second largest metropolitan area in the U.S. and the 4th-most densely populated city in the United States. With such a large number of citizens driving in a relatively small space, it is no wonder that the number of motorcycle accidents continues to warrant concern.
Cyclists who have been involved in a bike wreck suffer major injuries such as serious harm to the brain or experience massive spinal cord damage. Most insurance companies will not cover the cost of your injuries, leaving you to fend for yourself.
The Santa Ana motorcycle accident attorneys of Bisnar Chase are here to fight for you when no one else will. Our legal representation has held a 96% percent success rate for over 40 years. The law offices of Bisnar Chase has won an estimated $500 million dollars in earnings for our injury clients and plan to win you the maximum amount of compensation for you too.
Call 949-203-3814 for a No-Hassle, No-Obligation Free Consultation. Our legal experts will take your call from Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Gain the compensation you deserve with the law firm of Bisnar Chase.
Santa Ana Motorcycle Accidents and Statistics
According to the California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), 46 people were injured due to Santa Ana motorcycle accidents. Unfortunately, many of these injuries were severe because riders have so little protection when they are involved in a collision. Drivers complain that motorcycle riders are harder to see, but the obvious problem is that drivers tend to not pay enough attention to motorcyclists and it leads to devastating results.
Other Santa Ana motorcycle tragedies that have occurred include:
- June of 2011, a man suffered life-threatening injuries when the driver of a Toyota Highlander collided with his motorcycle at the intersection of Maple and First Street in Santa Ana. The motorcycle victim was immediately transported to the nearest hospital where he received emergency care that kept him alive. This is not the first motorcycle accident at this intersection and some locals claim that the landscape makes it difficult to see in every direction.
- August of 2011, a man riding his Harley-Davidson was struck by a white Honda Accord. The motorcycle collision occurred on North Bristol Street, near Memory Lane, and the rider was immediately transported to a local hospital for emergency treatment. The driver who struck the motorcyclist was exiting his apartment complex when the collision occurred.
3 Common Causes of Santa Ana Motorcycle Crashes
Many motorcycle and car accidents in Southern California, specifically Santa Ana, could have been easily prevented. Under some circumstances the accident may not be a driver's fault. Some locals feel that there are Santa Ana intersections that are not safe, blocking the view of oncoming traffic from certain angles creating a dangerous circumstance.
Three common causes of motorcycle crashes are:
- Speeding: Studies have proven that the average speed on impact that a motorcyclist was riding at was 86 mph in. Riders are required to abide by the speed limits of the road. Just like regular motor vehicles, motorcycle drivers should not exceed the speed limit of 65 mph.
- Lane-Changing: Drivers and cyclist should acknowledge each other when making a lane change. One way a driver can avoid hitting a motorcycle rider is by checking he/she's blind spot. Riders need to be cautious during heavy traffic because of the multiple lane changes that cars will be making.
- Debris in the road: Liability for a motorcycle crash being caused by street debris can vary and can be difficult to determine. There would have to be a negligent party involved in order to have a strong case. If debris in the road was caused by a natural disaster such as rocks or a tree falling then it would be difficult to obtain compensation for the injuries. If debris was caused by a driver, for example, a piece of wood flying off of the vehicle then the driver would be held liable.
We contact the city to alert them of these dangerous intersections and have in the past sued to obtain multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts. If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle collision in Santa Ana, CA it is in your best interest to contact an experienced Orange County motorcycle attorney today.
John Bisnar shares more on the common causes of motorcycle accidents
Common Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Since motorcycles do not provide a barrier for riders, cyclists need to rely on their coordination skills when operating the bike. It is required under California law that motorcycle riders wear a helmet, but it is not required that riders wear protective gear. Even though the law does not require cyclists to wear gear such as durable jackets and pants it is strongly recommended. Protective gear can lessen the blow to the body if an accident occurs. A motorcycle injury sustained in a bike crash can range from minor to catastrophic.
Injuries that can motorcycle accident victims can experience:
- road rash
- broken bones
- bikers arm
- damage to muscle tissue
- brain injury
- neck injuries
Recoveries You Can Gain From Your Injury Claim
The amount of compensation that you can possibly receive for your accident will depend on the damages acquired from the accident. For instance if you have suffered spinal cord damage you may need on-going physical therapy.
You can obtain compensation for more than just medical bills though. If the injury is very extensive and you are required to take time off of work you can also gain compensation for lost wages and future earnings.
Award-Winning Legal Representation
Finding the best Santa Ana motorcycle accident attorneys can be hard, but it doesn't have to be. Our 96% success rate and history of high client satisfaction can give you the peace of mind to concentrate on your treatment rather than your lawsuit.
Our mission statement declares:
"To provide superior client representation in a compassionate and professional manner while making our world a safer place."
The law firm of Bisnar Chase has a history of winning large injury cases and helping clients get their lives back on track.
If you are looking for an attorney who will give you the experience that you deserve, or are simply looking for free information, contact our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers today.
Call 949-203-3814 and earn a Free case evaluation.