Motorcycles, unlike regular four-door vehicles, do not offer protection for riders from factors such as careless drivers. Our Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Lawyers believe careless drivers should be held accountable for a severe injury or wrongful death.
Santa Ana is part of the second largest metropolitan area in the US and the 4th-most densely populated city in the United States. With such a large number of citizens driving in a relatively small space, it is no wonder that motorcycle accidents continue to warrant concern.
Cyclists who have been involved in a bike wreck suffer significant injuries such as serious harm to the brain or experience massive spinal cord damage. Most insurance companies will not cover the cost of your injuries, leaving you to fend for yourself.
The Santa Ana motorcycle accident attorneys of Bisnar Chase are here to fight for you when no one else will. Our legal representation has held a 99% success rate for over 45 years. Our personal injury attorneys have won an estimated $750 million in earnings for our injury clients and plan to win you the maximum compensation.
Call 949-203-3814 for a No-Hassle, No-Obligation Free Consultation. Our legal experts will take your call from Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Gain the compensation you deserve with the law firm of Bisnar Chase.
Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Resources
Santa Ana Motorcycle Accidents and Statistics
According to the California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), 46 people were injured due to Santa Ana motorcycle accidents. Unfortunately, many of these injuries were severe because riders have so little protection when involved in a collision. Drivers complain that motorcycle riders are harder to see, but the obvious problem is that drivers tend not to pay enough attention to motorcyclists, leading to devastating results.
Other Santa Ana motorcycle tragedies that have occurred include:
- In June of 2011, a man suffered life-threatening injuries when the driver of a Toyota Highlander collided with his motorcycle in an intersection accident off Maple and First Street in Santa Ana. The motorcycle victim was immediately transported to the nearest hospital, receiving emergency care that kept him alive. This is not the first motorcycle accident at this intersection, and some locals claim that the landscape makes it difficult to see in every direction.
- A white Honda Accord struck August of 2011, and a man riding his Harley-Davidson. The motorcycle collision occurred on North Bristol Street, near Memory Lane, and the rider was immediately transported to a local hospital for emergency treatment. The driver who struck the motorcyclist exited his apartment complex when the collision occurred.
3 Common Causes of Santa Ana Motorcycle Crashes
Many motorcycle and car accidents in Southern California, specifically Santa Ana, could have been easily prevented. Under some circumstances, the accident may not be the driver’s fault. Some locals feel that Santa Ana intersections are unsafe, blocking the view of oncoming traffic from certain angles and creating dangerous circumstances.
Three common causes of motorcycle crashes are:
- Speeding: Studies have proven that the average speed on the impact that a motorcyclist was riding at was 86 mph. Riders are required to abide by the speed limits on the road. Just like regular motor vehicles, motorcycle drivers should not exceed the speed limit of 65 mph.
- Lane-Changing: Drivers and cyclists should acknowledge each other when making a lane change. A driver can avoid hitting a motorcycle rider by checking he/her blind spot. Riders must be cautious during heavy traffic because of cars’ multiple lane changes.
- Debris in the road: Liability for a motorcycle crash caused by street debris can vary and be challenging to determine. A negligent party would have to be involved in having a strong case. If debris on the road were caused by a natural disaster, such as rocks or a tree falling, it would be difficult to obtain compensation for the injuries. If a driver caused debris, for example, a piece of wood flying off of the vehicle, then the driver would be held liable.
We contact the city to alert them of these dangerous intersections and have previously sued to obtain multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts. Suppose you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle collision in Santa Ana, CA. In that case, contacting an experienced Orange County motorcycle attorney today is in your best interest.
John Bisnar shares more on the common causes of motorcycle accidents
Common Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Since motorcycles do not provide a barrier for riders, cyclists need to rely on their coordination skills when operating the bike. It is required under California law that motorcycle riders wear a helmet, but it is not required that riders wear protective gear.
Even though the law does not require cyclists to wear gear such as durable jackets and pants, it is strongly recommended. Protective gear can lessen the blow to the body if an accident occurs. A motorcycle injury sustained in a bike crash can range from minor to catastrophic.
Injuries that can motorcycle accident victims can experience:
Recoveries You Can Gain From Your Injury Claim
The compensation you can receive for your accident will depend on the damages acquired from the accident. For instance, if you have suffered spinal cord damage, you may need ongoing physical therapy.
You can obtain compensation for more than just medical bills, though. If the injury is extensive and you must take time off of work, you can also gain compensation for lost wages and future earnings.
Contact our Santa Ana Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Finding the best Santa Ana motorcycle accident attorneys can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Our 99% success rate and history of high client satisfaction can give you the peace of mind to concentrate on your treatment rather than your lawsuit.
Our mission statement declares:
“To provide superior client representation in a compassionate and professional manner while making our world safer.”
The law firm of Bisnar Chase has a history of winning significant injury cases and helping clients get their lives back on track.
If you are looking for an attorney who will give you the experience you deserve or simply looking for free information, contact our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers in Santa Ana today.
Call 949-203-3814 and earn a Free case evaluation.