Our team of San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident lawyers is ready to fight and win your case. We have represented injured plaintiffs in many serious motorcycle accidents with winning results. Our largest motorcycle accident win was $30 Million. Bisnar Chase has over 44 years of experience, establishing a 99% success rate, and has won over $750 million for our clients.
With a population of more than 216,000 people, some simply like the freedom of riding through the San Bernardino Mountains. But an unexpected tragedy can change the course of your life in an instant. We can handle your personal injury claim while you focus on recovery.
When Should I Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
It’s best to immediately consult with a qualified motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Time is of the essence to protect your rights and secure evidence and witnesses.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a San Bernardino motorcycle accident, it is crucial that you understand your legal rights. Contacting an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in San Bernardino is the first step toward achieving that level of understanding and securing your rights.
Call 909-253-0750 for a free case evaluation and consultation about pursuing your rights.
Top 10 Most Common Motorcycle Accidents
There are many types of situations when a motorcyclist can experience danger, accidents, and injuries, including catastrophic and fatal injuries.
- Speeding – Excessive speeds make it much more difficult to avoid road hazards, and sudden stops and to judge upcoming road conditions and changes. Experiencing a crash at high speeds increases a motorcycle rider’s risk of serious or fatal injury. Speeding also makes it much more difficult and near impossible for drivers ahead to tell how fast you are going, or even see you at all.
- Unsafe Lane Changes – Changing lanes with your turn signal on, and going the speed limit with a slow and steady lane change can be dangerous enough. Being reckless, not using your turn signal and weaving in and out of traffic can be deadly at any speed.
- Lane Splitting – Motorcycle riders many times have chosen to ride a motorcycle to get through congested roadways and heavy traffic, with the ability to lane split. But all it takes is one driver to change lanes in your line of drive, not seeing you or disregarding your position for any reason can prove fatal in milliseconds.
- Sudden Stops – Braking on a motorcycle is not the same as braking in a vehicle. If you apply too much pressure on the front brake, chances are you are going to stop and fly over the handlebars or slide out. It is easier to slam on the brakes and come to a sudden stop, but not on a motorcycle.
- Driving Under the Influence – Driving under the influence is never advised and there is never any excuse for driving under the influence. Alcohol, prescription meds, marijuana, and any other type of mind or body-altering items should never be consumed before or during driving a vehicle or riding a motorcycle. You not only put yourself and your property at serious risk but other innocent lives that are vulnerable to your reckless endangerment.
- Car Doors – Riding too close to parked, driving, or stopped cars allows the opportunity for the door of a vehicle to open into your line of drive. Running into a vehicle’s car door at any speed can inflict serious or fatal injuries, and expensive property damage, and can definitely ruin your day.
- Inexperienced Drivers – Inexperienced drivers do not have the amount of knowledge or experience to react in sudden or complex situations. Even in everyday simple circumstances, an inexperienced driver can panic and cause a potentially dangerous or deadly situation. Inexperienced motorcycle riders should take extreme caution when learning how to ride a motorcycle or when practicing riding a motorcycle. Learning how to ride a motorcycle, stay safe on the road, and watch for hazards takes time, patience, experience, and skill. So take extra caution.
- Motorcycle Defects – Any type of defect on a motorcycle or on a vehicle can cause serious and hazardous situations. Locked steering, brake failure, tire blowouts, or engine stalls; our team of lawyers has experience fighting and winning any and all of the listed defects. It’s up to you to ensure your vehicle or motorcycle is not on any current recall or auto defect lists. You can check by entering your VIN number at Safercar.gov/VIN/.
- Dangerous Road Conditions – Road conditions can change at any moment and in the blink of an eye. Road Debris Accidents and Injuries can occur when objects like ladders, furniture, trash, and an infinite list of potentially deadly road hazards can fall out of the back of trucks or off the tops of cars. Whether it was their fault or not does mean it can’t still kill you.
- Left Turn Accidents – When making a left turn, drivers feel they have enough time to complete their turn before you approach them, or sometimes, due to a narrow profile of a motorcycle, never see you approaching at all. These situations can be immediate fatalities that nobody ever saw coming. In the blink of an eye, you are soaring through the air or head first into the side of a vehicle. Even if you land and are still alive, other drivers are not expecting a body to be landing in their path on the roadway in front of them. Many motorcycle riders who experience serious and catastrophic injuries weren’t from the first initial accident, but from getting hit and run over by other vehicles once they landed in the street after the initial crash.
Be ready, stay alert and cautious, and if you are still involved in a motorcycle accident or have experienced an injury on a motorcycle, contact our team of skilled and experienced San Bernardino Motorcycle Attorneys who are ready to win your case.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to California Highway Patrol's Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), one fatality and 80 injuries occurred as the result of motorcycle accidents within the city of San Bernardino each year.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Over 30 Million emergency department visits due to motorcycle related accidents and injuries. Countywide, 26 people were killed and 436 were injured in motorcycle crashes 4,502 people were killed in motorcycle crashes. Motorcycle-related deaths increased by 55 percent since the year 2000. It is common for motorcyclists to suffer devastating injuries in an accident because of the lack of protection that motorcycles provide. There are no seatbelts. Motorcycles do not have airbags. There is no metal frame surrounding the motorcyclist. The only protection that a motorcycle rider has is what he or she chooses to wear.
No Fee if We Don't Win
A lot of bills related to your case can pile up quickly. Bisnar Chase will advance all costs throughout your case because we want to make sure you are taken care of while still maintaining peace of mind. This is a difficult time in your life and we are here for you every step of the way. If we do not win your case, you will not pay.
Why Can You Trust Bisnar Chase Motorcycle Lawyers?
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase understand how difficult this time in your life is, financially, mentally and emotionally. Having a legal representative you know has the skill and ability to fight and win against anyone in the world will give you peace of mind.
Being able to trust and lean on your attorney allows for a relationship and bond to take formation, decreasing your stress and concerns, making this legal process much less burdensome, and more enjoyable, from a perspective of understanding that someone who cares is fighting for you, to get you what you want, need and deserve.
Our staff is always available to take your calls or meet with you in person to discuss any questions you have about your case or situation. Our team of dedicated and knowledgable paralegals, pre lit staff and mediators are always making sure every detail is thouroughly examined and ready early.
We won’t keep you waiting or wondering what’s going on with your case, giving you the peace of mind you need in this difficult time of your life.
California Motorcycle Helmet Laws
According to California Vehicle Code Section 27803: “A driver and any passenger shall wear a safety helmet meeting requirements established pursuant to Section 27802 when riding on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.”
In fact, it is unlawful to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet.
There is no question that helmets save lives and prevent serious head injuries. In fact, the CDC reports that motorcycle helmets prevent 37 percent of crash deaths among motorcycle riders and 41 percent of crash deaths for motorcycle passengers.
Helmets are the best pieces of safety equipment a motorcyclist can wear. But it is also important for motorcyclists to pay attention to their clothing.
Motorcyclists should wear upper body clothing that covers their skin.
Gloves, long sleeves, and long pants should be worn at all times. They should be bright colors or reflective outerwear to increase visibility. It is also a good idea to wear protective clothing that has armor points on the shoulders, elbows, back, knees and ankles.
Another great way to prevent a serious or catastrophic injury is to ride defensively. Motorcyclists who choose to exceed the speed limit, drive impaired, or dangerously split lanes of traffic, put themselves and others at risk of suffering serious injury.
Contact our San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Injured victims of San Bernardino motorcycle crashes can pursue financial compensation from the party responsible for the accident. For example, if a car driver causes a crash by driving carelessly or recklessly, then, he or she can be held accountable for the injuries suffered by the motorcyclist.
If the motorcycle rider crashed because of a defective motorcycle part, then, the manufacturer of the faulty product can be held liable. If a dangerous condition on the roadway caused or contributed to the crash, the governmental agency responsible for maintaining the roadway can be held accountable.
In such cases, a claim must be filed within 2 years of the incident in California. Injured victims can seek compensation to cover damages including medical expenses, lost earnings, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and other related damages.
The experienced San Bernardino motorcycle accident attorneys know and understand the emotional and financial challenges faced by victims and their families.
We help these victims hold the negligent parties liable and obtain fair and full compensation for their losses.
Please contact us for a free consultation and a comprehensive case evaluation at 909-253-0750.