A skilled San Diego personal injury lawyer will fight to ensure accident victims are fairly compensated. At Bisnar Chase, our experienced trial lawyers have decades of experience and have won millions of dollars for clients across the San Diego & California area. Our legal team has been providing superior representation to injured plaintiffs since 1978.
Our San Diego personal injury attorneys have won even the most complex cases. We have a 99% success rate and take pride in maximizing the value of claims, recovering more than $750 million for our clients. Ours is a highly respected law firm with outstanding local knowledge and a national reputation in the personal injury field.
Whether you have been injured in a car accident or slip and fall, have been bitten by a dog, or are endangered by a malfunctioning product, we are here to help. Get the compensation and justice you deserve by working with our legal experts.
An accident can be devastating, leaving you with life-altering injuries and mountains of medical bills. Contact us now for a free consultation with no obligations. If you sign with us, our law firm offers a no win no fee promise to make sure our services are affordable for everyone. We only get paid if you get paid.
Call (800) 561-4887 for superior representation in San Diego, use the live chat feature on our website to speak to a representative 24/7 or click to email us.
San Diego Personal Injury Resources
What is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury lawsuit is a type of legal claim filed when someone suffers an injury due to the negligence of another person or party (such as a business).
State laws govern claims in San Diego. According to California law, an injury victim has the right to file a claim against anyone who shares legal responsibility for the accident occurring.
For example, speeding, texting while driving, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are all forms of negligence. If someone causes a car accident because of a factor like this, they could be held liable. Anyone who suffered an injury in the crash could file a personal injury claim with a San Diego court.
This law applies to all kinds of accidents, not just car crashes. If negligence was involved and an injury resulted, you will probably be able to take legal action.
Personal injury lawsuits in San Diego are civil cases, completely separate from any criminal proceedings. They focus solely on securing financial compensation for the victim.
If you believe you may have a case, contact the San Diego personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase for expert guidance and outstanding representation. We have a 99% success rate and are here to help.
Personal Injury Calculator
Injury Claims That We Handle in San Diego
San Diego is a beautiful location, attracting tourists in huge numbers. It is home to the famous Gaslamp Quarter, hosts Comic-Con, and has top-tier sports venues. But accidents are inevitable with high volumes of people, congested traffic, and busy narrow one-way city streets. Pedestrian accidents, in particular, are on the rise in San Diego because of the amount of foot traffic to the area, especially near the beach cities.
The most common claims that we handle in the San Diego area include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Truck collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle injuries
- Dog bites
- E-bike and E-scooter accidents
- Bus, train, and other public transport incidents
- Auto defects such as seatback failure and tire separation
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Premises liability claims
- Defective and dangerous products
- Food poisoning
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Major class actions including Roundup, Talcum powder, Zantac, Paraquat, and more.
- Aviation accidents
- Boat accidents
- Other catastrophic accidents and injuries
- Employment and class-action litigation
Our work is not restricted to injuries either. We also handle employer misconduct and workplace violations across California.
Do I Need to Hire a San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer?
Some people try to deal with claims on their own after an accident. It is an option, and you have to do what is right for you, but we do not recommend it. Here’s why it is important to utilize the skills of an experienced San Diego personal injury attorney:
- It allows you to focus on recovery. The aftermath of an accident is not an easy time. Between medical appointments, perhaps getting a vehicle fixed, and much more, you have enough to worry about. Let us handle the legal side for you.
- The legal process can be complicated. A skilled legal team is a better option for handling court filings, negotiations, and deadlines.
- Opposing insurance companies and defense teams are tough to deal with. The other side does not want to pay out. They are professional negotiators, and their job is to make this process difficult for you. Winning the compensation you deserve is far more likely if you have professionals on your side working toward your best interests.
- Maximize your compensation. A San Diego injury lawyer will likely settle on a much higher dollar amount for your case. Our team knows what arguments to make, what evidence to assemble, and how to prove a case effectively.
Do not leave anything to chance or get bogged down in endless negotiations with insurance adjusters who are playing hardball. Let our personal injury attorneys take care of your case.
Choosing the Right Injury Law Firm in San Diego
San Diego is filled with personal injury lawyers. There are more than 190,000 licensed attorneys across California and plenty of those practice personal injury law in and around the San Diego area. Choosing the right attorney for your case can be completely overwhelming.
You need to pick a law firm that you are comfortable with and will go the extra mile for you.
Sometimes you get a vibe or a feeling that a firm is right for you. In other cases, you may be guided purely by a firm’s numbers and track record.
We believe that Bisnar Chase is different from other firms. Winning is important to us; we want to make sure you are made whole. But we also put just as big an emphasis on client experience. We appreciate the trust you place in us and will do everything possible to repay you for that faith.
Here is how Bisnar Chase prioritizes client experience:
- Peace of mind is important during a lawsuit, but some attorneys are difficult to contact. At Bisnar Chase, our policy is to check in with our clients at least every 30 days unless otherwise requested.
- Our superior representation does not end at the attorneys. It applies to everyone at our firm, from the first person to greet you to the paralegals you might deal with along the way.
- We emphasize compassion. We know that everyone who contacts our firm has been wronged somehow. We are here to listen and to advise. If we cannot help you, we will do everything possible to refer you to someone who can.
We go above and beyond for our clients. Everything we do is designed to make you feel comfortable and confident in choosing our firm. Providing a personal touch is important to us. But we also get results:
- We have been in business for more than four decades.
- Bisnar Chase has a 99% success rate.
- We have recovered more than $800 million for our clients.
- Our injury attorneys are experienced trial lawyers who win jury trials and negotiate settlements.
Our numbers stack up with the very best. For the right blend of skill, experience, and accessibility, combined with longevity, a proven track record, and a guaranteed personal touch, turn to the San Diego personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase.
San Diego Injury Lawsuit FAQs
Have you been involved in an accident? If so, understanding what you should do next can be stressful. You might be wondering how much a lawyer will cost, how long the whole legal process will take, or whether you even have a case.
Bisnar Chase handles a wide range of claims, from low-impact fender benders to the most complex catastrophic injury cases. Our team has an office in San Diego and is here to answer any questions you might have. We want to put your mind at ease and allow you to make a fully informed decision. The following are the most frequently asked questions injury victims have after an accident in San Diego.
A personal injury claim involves a person being harmed due to someone’s negligence. If you have suffered an injury at least partially caused by the actions of another party, you may have a case. Speak to a personal injury lawyer in San Diego to find out if you could recover compensation.
First and foremost, do not rely on settlement calculators that you find online. These calculators are usually inaccurate because they are not taking every detail of your accident into account. No two accidents are the same, and there’s no set amount that injury claims are worth. They will be calculated depending on many factors, including the medical expenses incurred, the victim’s level of pain and suffering, lost wages, compromised quality of life, and much more. Consult with a San Diego attorney for guidance specific to your claim.
You can file an injury claim as quickly as you like after an accident. But there is a statute of limitations under California law that prevents you from taking action after a certain date. You must file your claim in San Diego within two years of the accident date.
There are several stages to an injury claim. We might settle your case before going to litigation. This means that our team negotiates a settlement with the insurance company for you. We may have to escalate the claim to the litigation phase for more serious incidents. This might mean preparing to go to trial. We can still settle a case right up until a verdict is returned at the end of a trial. Whether your case is settled or goes to trial depends on various factors, including the severity of your injuries and the settlement offers made by the other side. Most lawyers prefer to settle because it is safer, and juries are unpredictable. The best San Diego injury law firms will have the resources to go to trial to keep all options open and get the right result for you.
Each personal injury lawsuit is unique. The period of time it will take to resolve your accident case can take weeks, months, or years. It can take so long because the process involves a lot of factors. The process can be extended by gathering evidence, requesting records, back and forth negotiations, and the San Diego court trial calendar. But our team will work to resolve your case as quickly as possible and keep you updated every step of the way.
We are biased, but we believe it is vital that you have a lawyer on your side after an accident. You need someone focused solely on your best interests who knows the legal system inside out, has years of experience dealing with insurance agents and defense lawyers, and has the skill to win and maximize the value of your case. The San Diego personal injury lawyers at Bisnar Chase fulfill those criteria and are here to help.
Types of Injuries Suffered in San Diego
We are plaintiff attorneys based in San Diego. That means that we work with injury victims and their families to recover compensation for any harm suffered.
If you are wondering if your injury would qualify you for a lawsuit, we can put your mind at ease. Our team has helped accident victims with all different kinds of injuries, from minor scrapes to life-altering catastrophic damage. Cases we have handled include:
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruising
- Broken bones
- Sprained or torn muscles and ligaments
- Internal injuries
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back or neck injury
- Wrongful death
As long as you have suffered an injury due to somebody else’s negligence, we can help. Whether you sustained a minor concussion or permanent damage, we will fight for you just the same and make sure you are made whole to the best of our abilities.
What To Do If You Suffer an Accident or Injury in San Diego
Personal injury accidents cause grief, financial stress, mental and emotional distress and can take years to recover from. All kinds of incidents can cause injuries that entitle you to financial compensation.
If you are involved in an accident, you can take several steps to protect your well-being and improve your chances of success when it comes to filing a personal injury lawsuit in San Diego.
- Seek medical attention. This may involve immediate emergency treatment. But even if your injuries were relatively minor, you should visit a doctor the next day. This is essential for your well-being and to provide documentation of your injuries.
- Gather evidence. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could start collecting evidence at the accident scene by taking pictures and speaking to witnesses.
- Delay speaking to the insurance company. The at-fault party’s insurance company will probably call you after the accident. Sometimes they do so quickly to try to catch you off guard. They will often ask to record the call and can then use any recorded details during negotiations. Our advice is to politely ask them to call back later.
- Contact a lawyer. Before speaking to the insurance company again, the best course of action is to contact a San Diego personal injury attorney who will be able to take care of the rest for you.
San Diego in the News: Recent Accidents and Injuries
San Diego is a beautiful area of California. But accidents happen every day in large cities, ranging from minor bumps or falls to devastating fatal crashes. The following are just some of the incidents that have hit the headlines in San Diego:
- Millions Paid to Cyclists and Pedestrians Over Dangerous Sidewalk Injuries
The City of San Diego has faced many lawsuits in recent years due to dangerous street conditions. It paid out nearly $5 Million to a cyclist who suffered head injuries after an accident involving a damaged sidewalk. Another $1 Million was paid due to pedestrian injuries caused by another sidewalk crack.
- Driver Killed in Fatal San Diego Collision
A 68-year-old man was killed in an early-morning crash involving two vehicles in San Diego. The victim suffered fatal injuries in the accident, which happened in December 2021, by the Loma Portal apartments at Lytton Street and Rosecrans Street. The other driver also suffered injuries in the wreck and was taken to a nearby hospital.
- Three Killed in Boat Accident Off San Diego Coast
A passenger vessel, believed to be a smuggling boat bringing people into the U.S., capsized near the San Diego coast in May 2021. In total, 33 people were pulled from the water by rescue teams. Three were found dead, while many others required hospital treatment.
These are just some of the incidents in and around San Diego recently. But accidents happen frequently, and there have been plenty of others. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury, contact a San Diego personal injury attorney now for expert help and guidance.
How to Win a Personal Injury Case in San Diego
Every case is different and has many factors that can alter its path. A plaintiff must prove several points for an injury claim to be successful. These are:
- The at-fault party owed a duty of care to the victim and failed in that duty.
- Negligence shown by the at-fault party contributed to the accident in some way.
- The victim suffered injuries, damages, or losses due to the incident.
A skilled San Diego personal injury lawyer will build a case to prove these points. By showing that an accident occurred due to negligence and the accident resulted in harm to the victim, they will win your case. To do so, they can use a range of evidence, including:
- A detailed summary of the incident listing the individuals involved, location, time of occurrence, etc.
- Medical records that document the injuries and associate them with the accident.
- Witness statements from people who observed the incident.
- Videos, photos, and any other documentation of injuries, those involved, the incident/accident, etc.
- Expert testimony from medical professionals, accident reconstruction experts, etc.
No Win, No Fee Guarantee for San Diego Injury Victims
Helping victims, their families, and loved ones get their life back is what we love doing. Every day, we meet with our clients and discuss every aspect of their cases. Our lawyers in San Diego have been representing and winning cases for over 40 years and have an incredible amount of skill, precision, and experience.
We want to ensure that you are taken care of, and we want to make sure our services are available to everyone who needs them. That is why we offer a no win no fee promise. Our firm will advance all costs reasonably necessary to pursue your injury claim, and if we don’t recover compensation for you, you do not pay us.
There are no upfront fees, and it costs nothing to get your case started. You start with a free consultation and then will be protected from out-of-pocket hits by our no win no fee system. Get the representation you deserve while being shielded from bank-breaking outlays. We only get paid if you are compensated for your injuries.
The Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in San Diego
Our law firm handles all kinds of cases, from slip and falls to dog bites in San Diego. But the most common incidents are vehicle crashes. When you have a busy city with lots of traffic on the roads, it is to be expected that there would be a large number of collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles.
Below we show some of the most dangerous roads and intersections in San Diego. When you suffer an injury on our roads, contact the San Diego car accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase. We have recovered millions of dollars for car accident victims over more than 45 years in business.
Most Dangerous Intersection in San Diego**
Last 5 Years:
City of San Diego
Avg Annual Auto Injuries per 1,000: 7
San Diego Crime Index* 235.4
Nearby Cities Crime Indices*:
La Mesa: 261.7
Lemon Grove: 280
National City: 315.4
More Unsafe Intersections in San Diego**
** All intersection data is taken from the California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System and is measured over the last 5 years of local and arterial street car accidents (non-highway). The data is not updated in real time.
Contact a San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer
People often tell themselves they can manage their case on their own. This is usually a bad idea due to the confusing way laws are written and enforced and the complicated legal process. Bisnar Chase is here to face the hurdles and obstacles so that you don’t have to. We will win for you and secure the compensation you deserve.
The San Diego personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase are many things, including trial attorneys. Not all personal injury lawyers go to trial for their clients, but we do. We have the resources to take on any case and win. Our lawyers, paralegals, negotiators, and other legal staff are very experienced and skilled.
What sets us apart from the rest? Trust, Passion, Results.
We also truly care about making a difference in the San Diego community. We are proud members of the San Diego Chamber of Commerce, dedicated to helping residents in our area to get results.
Our San Diego personal injury lawyers will earn your trust by being ethical and honest with you. We are passionate about winning and providing a superior client experience. The money is important, but we are also here to ensure you are supported and cared for after an accident.
Contact a San Diego personal injury Attorney at Bisnar Chase for a free consultation today. Call (800) 561-4887, use the live chat feature on our website at all hours, or send us an email.