If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in Rancho Bernardo, you are probably confused about what steps to take next. You may be wondering how to pay your medical bills and how to deal with lost income and unforeseen expenses. But an expert Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawyer can help you navigate this challenging time and recover the compensation you deserve.
For more than 44 years, the experienced Rancho Bernardo personal injury attorneys at Bisnar Chase have helped those injured by the negligence of others to secure fair compensation for their losses. We will work diligently to ensure that the at-fault parties are held accountable and victims receive justice.
Contact us now for a free consultation. We have an office in San Diego and a member of our team will provide expert guidance on the best steps for you to take. This initial consultation comes with no obligations – you have nothing to lose by finding out what we can do for you.
Rancho Bernardo Personal Injury Resources
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
If you have been injured due to no fault of your own, you may have an injury claim. You may even have a claim if you were partly at fault for an accident if another negligent party was involved.
Personal injury lawsuits aim to recover monetary damages from the at-fault or negligent party (the defendant) to compensate the victim (the plaintiff) for their damages. While money often cannot make up for the pain, grief, and losses suffered by victims and their family members, such compensation can help at the very least relieve the financial stress that stems from such traumatic events.
Personal injuries could occur as the result of actions, failure to act, or the negligence of one or more individuals or entities. Some examples of situations that could give rise to personal injury claims include auto accidents, workplace accidents, dog attacks, and slip or trip accidents.
To obtain compensation, plaintiffs must prove the following elements of a personal injury claim:
- That the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care.
- The defendant breached or violated this duty of care.
- You suffered injuries as a result of this violation of duty.
- You sustained monetary losses because of the injury.
A skilled Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawyer will assemble evidence and build a case to prove these elements. Our team has an outstanding 99% success rate for securing settlements or jury verdicts at trial.
Case Types Handled by Bisnar Chase in Rancho Bernardo
Our team handles all kinds of personal injury cases in Rancho Bernardo. These range from common claims, such as car accidents, to more specialized lawsuits, such as auto defects, class actions, e-bike accidents, and countless others. Our practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Accidents involving bicycles, e-bikes, scooters, hoverboards, etc.
- Dog bites
- Slip and falls
- Boat accidents
- Public transport accidents
- Dangerous product liability
- Premises liability
- Class actions
- Workplace injuries
- Auto defects
This only provides a sample of the cases we take. For example, we also take on employment violation claims. Our Rancho Bernardo injury attorneys have won compensation for plaintiffs in all kinds of cases. Contact us now for a free case review to find out whether we can take your claim. If not, we will help you find an attorney who can.
Why Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Rancho Bernardo?
At Bisnar Chase, our Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawyers have a thorough knowledge of California injury laws. Our attorneys will analyze all aspects of your case and help maximize your compensation.
Many claims are made against the at-fault party’s insurance company. For example, if you are involved in a car accident caused by the negligence of the other driver, we will likely agree upon a settlement amount with that driver’s insurance company.
However, it is important to remember that the insurance company is not your friend. They are trained to give you the impression that they will act in your best interest. But in reality, they are looking out for their own interests to maximize profits. It benefits them to pay you as little as possible.
Here are just some reasons why you need a personal injury lawyer:
- Insurance agents are trained negotiators. You need a professional on your side, too, ensuring that you receive fair compensation.
- Often, large corporations have a team of defense lawyers and other professionals on their side looking out for their best interests. Taking them on yourself can be overwhelming and, often, not productive. You need an experienced Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawyer who will fight for your rights.
- Time is not on your side. While the insurance company may have a lot of time to wait to settle, you may not. You may have to consider mounting medical expenses and the lack of an income because you cannot work due to injury. The insurance company may offer you a lowball offer that you are tempted to take. But an experienced attorney who has handled numerous cases like yours will be able to advise you whether or not the settlement offer is fair. Our attorneys will fight for every cent you deserve.
- A knowledgeable lawyer will also help you avoid mistakes injured victims often make that could potentially jeopardize their injury claim. For example, rushing into a quick settlement could prevent you from seeking additional compensation, while sometimes posting pictures on social media can undermine your claim.
Above all, retaining the services of an experienced Rancho Bernardo personal injury attorney will help give you peace of mind and the time you need to heal and recover from your injuries. When you do so, our legal team will take care of all the filing deadlines and paperwork so you can focus all your time and energy on healing.
Why Bisnar Chase is the Best Law Firm for a Rancho Bernardo Claim
You deserve to work with a Rancho Bernardo accident attorney who puts your interests first and provides superior representation. Many law firms in and around San Diego County will make grand promises but do not have the skill, experience, or resources to follow through.
We always advise prospective clients to seek certain essential criteria when choosing an attorney. We are proud to say that Bisnar Chase meets these criteria and has won challenging cases since 1978.
- Our firm has a 99% success rate.
- By offering a free consultation with no strings attached, we allow prospective clients to use our knowledge and make informed decisions.
- Our team maximizes the value of every case. We have recovered more than $700M for our clients, achieving top verdicts and settlements.
- We have the resources to take on any case.
- Our attorneys are fearless. They are not daunted by taking on large companies.
- We know when to settle and when to push for a trial. Our team comprises experienced trial lawyers who know their way around the courtroom.
- We offer a no win no fee guarantee to protect our clients.
- The client experience is important to us. We are dedicated to providing a personal touch, staying in regular contact, and offering the level of support and guidance that you need after an accident.
When working with Bisnar Chase, you are working with a premier Southern California law firm with award-winning attorneys and an excellent track record.
What is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth?
Here are some of the factors that could potentially affect the value of your Rancho Bernardo personal injury claim:
Injury severity: The value of your injury claim will often depend on the nature and severity of your injuries. If your injuries, for example, leave you with lifelong disabilities or disfigurement, your claim value is going to be much higher than if you had suffered relatively minor injuries. No matter the severity of your injury, we are here to help.
Medical bills: Medical care after a serious injury can become very expensive. More serious injuries might require expensive surgeries, while even minor injuries may need ongoing rehabilitation and care. You should never settle your personal injury claim before you’ve reached maximum medical improvement. It is crucial you know the scope of your injuries and the treatment you will require in the long term before you agree to a settlement amount.
Insurance policy limits: Most personal injury cases are settled out of court. So, the total policy limit of the at-fault party’s insurer will likely play a significant role in the total value of your claim.
Ability to work: An injury settlement or verdict in Rancho Bernardo should account for any losses you have endured due to your injury. This could include lost wages if you had to miss work because of your injury, or while attending medical appointments. An injury could also prevent you from working in your chosen field. An injury lawsuit should account for the long-term impact of an accident.
Strength of the evidence: Often, personal injury cases will hinge on the strength of the evidence. If there is not enough evidence in the case, you may struggle to receive just compensation. The stronger the evidence, the higher the likelihood of receiving fair compensation.
Your personal injury lawyer: The experience, competence, and reputation of the lawyer you hire to represent you can make all the difference. Make sure you work with a Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawyer with the skill and experience to win for you.
In the News: Rancho Bernardo Accidents and Injuries
As with all major cities, accidents happen every day in Rancho Bernardo, from vehicle crashes to dog bites and falls. As a result, injury lawsuits are common.
Below are just some of the incidents that have happened in the area recently.
Man Killed in Bizarre Rancho Bernardo Crash Involving Six Cars
A driver died after suffering a knife wound while driving. It is believed that the driver was mixing protein powder using the knife while driving when he struck a stationary vehicle and caused a chain-reaction smash involving five vehicles. It happened on Rancho Bernardo Road near Acena Drive in February 2022.
Critical Injuries Suffered in Head-on Crash in Rancho Bernardo
A man suffered life-threatening injuries after a head-on crash on Rancho Bernardo Road near Via Tazon. He was cut from his vehicle and rushed to a nearby hospital by emergency services. The crash happened in November 2021.
Woman Killed in Rancho Bernardo Pedestrian Accident While Crossing Road
A woman was struck by a pickup truck and suffered fatal injuries. The victim had just left a grocery store and tried to cross Barnardo Heights Parkway near Calle Pueblito without using a crosswalk. Nearby residents say the stretch of road has poor visibility and is dangerous.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident in or around Rancho Bernardo, contact our team of compassionate and dedicated attorneys for the representation you deserve.
Dealing With (and Beating) an Insurance Company
The legal process can be complicated. But we are here to make it simple, clear up any misconceptions, and show you why it can be essential to have a lawyer in your corner.
About 95% of all personal injury cases are typically resolved before they reach a trial, usually through an out-of-court settlement. In many cases, this settlement will be agreed upon with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
It will not surprise most people that insurance companies are not lining up to hand out massive checks willingly. They will fight you over every part of your claim to pay out as little as possible.
Insurance agents are just doing their job, which is to protect their company’s bottom line. But these agents are expert negotiators who are trained to use methods that undermine your claim. Below are just a couple of our top tips on dealing with the insurance company right after an accident.
- Take your time. In many cases, the at-fault party will report an accident to their insurance company, and then the company will contact you. When they do so, ask them to call back another time. Make sure you are calm, collected, and have your facts straight before saying a word.
- Say no to recording. Insurance agents will ask if they can record the call. It is your right to say no to this, and you should exercise that right. Anything said on a recorded call can be used against you later in the case, even if it was a mistake at the time.
- Do not post anything on social media. Of course, you can still post on social media after an accident. But do not post anything that could undermine your case. For example, do not post a picture of yourself skiing when your claim involves a serious leg injury. Insurance agents check social feeds and can use these details against you if you are careless.
- Speak to a lawyer. Our top rule for accident victims is to speak to a Rancho Bernardo injury lawyer before speaking to the insurance company. Follow rule number 1 and ask them to call back another time, then contact Bisnar Chase immediately. An attorney will handle all negotiations for you and save you the stress of dealing with the insurance company altogether.
No Win No Fee Rancho Bernardo Injury Lawyers
Bisnar Chase works for you on contingency. We have a tried and trusted no win no fee system that protects our clients and allows them to win the compensation they deserve without being hit by up-front fees.
Our law firm will advance the money needed to win your case. Lawsuits have all sorts of associated costs, from filing fees to the price of hiring investigators and expert witnesses. We pay for those elements, allowing you to focus on your recovery without the stress and anxiety of added bills and expenses.
If we win your case, a percentage of the total recovery will go to our firm to cover our team’s initial expenses and work. That percentage is capped by California law, with most of the recovery going to the victim. If we do not win, you will not owe us anything.
We believe in the no win no fee guarantee. Justice should not hinge on how much money you have. This system allows people of all means to take legal action and hold wrongdoers accountable.
Rancho Bernardo Personal Injury Lawsuit FAQs
Most people have no idea what the legal process is like until they have been through it. Before you take the plunge, we are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
A selection of frequently asked questions about Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawsuits are answered below, but we are always on hand to field any other queries.
If you are involved in an accident, you will file a claim against the person or entity (such as a business or organization) whose negligence caused the incident. The liable party will depend on the circumstances of the accident. You may even end up naming multiple parties in the lawsuit. Contact Bisnar Chase for an expert analysis of your case.
The California statute of limitations controls the timeframe for personal injury claims in Rancho Bernardo. This point of law allows the victim to file a claim within two years of the accident date in most cases. However, there are exceptions. Contact Bisnar Chase as soon as possible to make sure you do not miss the boat.
There is no set time limit for an injury case to be resolved. It may be settled in a matter of weeks if the incident is straightforward and both parties can agree upon a fair recovery amount quickly. Other cases may take longer, particularly if it goes to trial. This can be frustrating, but do not let it deter you from seeking the justice you deserve. Put your case in our hands, and let us fight for you while you get your life back on track.
A Rancho Bernardo accident attorney will need to prove that the accident happened and caused injuries to win an injury claim. Our team will do so by collecting evidence and building a strong case. Helpful evidence can include pictures and videos of the crime scene and injuries, accident and medical records, eye witness accounts, expert testimony, and more.
Contacting the Best Rancho Bernardo Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
The experienced Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawyers at Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of helping injured victims and holding negligent parties accountable.
We have a 99% success rate and have won more than $700 Million for our clients. We take great pride in helping those that need it, and in our role in the community in and around San Diego. In addition to helping injury victims in Rancho Bernardo, we also provide superior representation to those in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, El Cajon, Vista, San Marcos, and other cities across the area.
We will fight for your rights and help you secure fair and full compensation for your losses.
Contact the Rancho Bernardo personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase now for expert help. Call us today at (800) 561-4887 for a free, comprehensive, and confidential consultation. You can also use our website to send us an email, or use the 24/7 live chat feature.