California Product Liability Lawyers
The California Product Liability Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have been winning product liability cases for over 39 years, establishing a 96% success rate.
Compensation from an injury related to a defective or dangerous product. We find no greater satisfaction than taking on large corporations that have caused serious injury, harm or death to a consumer.
Our expertise in products liability cases spans over thirty five years and involves some of our over two hundred million dollars in settlements and verdicts. We know what it takes to get the job done and to protect your rights.
Our Product Liability Attorney will fight for your right to compensation and protect you from liability along the way.
Brian Chase, a top rated California personal injury lawyer talks about taking on the big guns of fortune five hundred companies and seeking justice for you. Our experience in product liability and defective or dangerous products allows us to be at the top of our game from the start.
There is no learning curve when you've specialized in these types of cases for nearly 4 decades.
Brian doesn't fear taking on Goliath. He's been protecting the rights of clients and pursuing negligent corporations for decades throughout California and Orange County.
Brian specializes in a lot of different defective product cases including auto defects, tobacco, airbags, tires, car seats, dangerous e-cigs and lawnmowers. Recently, talcum powder has been shown to cause ovarian cancer after long term exposure, and we have started taking these cases too.
If you've been harmed by a defective or dangerous product, please contact our legal team for a free consultation. Call 1-800-561-4887.
Negligence in Product Safety
We live in a complex and technical world in which we expect the products we purchase and use to be designed and manufactured in such a manner that they are safe for our use.
We also expect that the sellers and manufacturers of products will give us reasonable warnings of dangerous propensities of their products.
Unfortunately, not all designers, manufacturers and sellers of products live up to these expectations and the requirements of our laws with regard to their products.
Bisnar Chase California Products Liability attorneys focus a large part of their practice on representing individuals who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective products or negligence.
Our mission in pursuing product liability cases is to obtain just compensation for our injured clients and to create an economic incentive for those manufacturing companies to produce safe products and provide sufficient warning of the dangers of their products, ultimately resulting in the saving of lives.
Top 10 Most Common Defective Product Types
There are many different types of defective products and liabilities among consumer and commercial goods. Here is a list of the Top 10 Most Common Defective Product Types:
- Auto Defects - Everything from carbon monoxide poisoning, brakes going out, sudden unintended acceleration, tires blowing out, seatbelt failure and more, Bisnar Chase is a trusted and reputable law firm when it comes to Auto Defects.
- Children's Products - When buying toys and products for your children, you trust that they will bring no harm, but when they do, somewhere along the line something was overlooked and caused a serious problem that needs to be acknowledged. Let us hold those accountable so that it does not happen again to someone else.
- Household Appliances - Everyday tasks in your home shouldn't have to be dangerous; household appliances can be very heavy, a fire risk and many more potentially deadly hazards that the manufacturer needs to make sure is at its safest possible quality, and if it is not, should not be released to the public for sale or distribution.
- Furniture - Recently, dressers and other furniture items have been causing the death of children from dressers falling on children and crushing them. These are not the only potentially dangerous items available.
- Medical Devices - When intending to save lives and make living conditions easier, you should not have to worry about if a medical product is going to worsen your condition.
- Chemicals & Cleaning Products - Dealing with household and exterior cleaners of any kind can be extremely hazardous.
An act to add Chapter 13 (commencing with Section 108950) to Part 3 of Division 104 of the Health and Safety Code, and to add Section 6398.5 to the Labor Code, relating to consumer product safety.
[ Approved by Governor October 15, 2017. Filed with Secretary of State October 15, 2017. ]
Companies that manufactured and distributed cleaning products did not have to list the ingredients inside their kitchen sprays, disinfectants, soaps, detergents, etc.
Many of these harmful ingredients in which we do not know they are even there, have the ability to cause allergic reactions, illness, severe irritation, cancer, birth defects and many more side effects. To learn more visit about Senate Bill No. 258.
- Contaminated Food - We eat the food we eat and drink the drinks we drink without too much thought of if it is going to make us violently ill or possibly kill us. Some of us worriers do, but the bottom line is, we shouldn't have to worry about the possibilities of becoming ill or dying, when purchasing food or drinks from manufacturers and or companies that make and sell them to the public. The food and beverage industry go through rigorous testing, must obey strict guidelines, laws and regulations, and when a contaminated food issue comes up, it is usually due to negligence or wrong doing.
- Industrial Equipment & Machinery - When working in positions that require big, heavy, fast, loud and dangerous equipment and machines, safety is key. Organizations like OSHA work tirelessly to ensure that proper protocol is required and met by businesses and companies so their workers are kept safe when on the job and not forced into potentially catastrophic situations.
- Sport Equipment - Sports in general are hazardous enough, with a high amount of sports related injuries reported every day. Sporting equipment is an essential factor of many sports around the globe. Sporting equipments like baseball gloves, weight-lifting equipment, watersport equipment, and so forth, must meet specific guidelines depending on their area. Athletes and bystanders count on the efficiency of these products to ensure overall safety, again, for athletes and those observing.
- Jewelry, clothes and fashion accessories - Every day people get dressed for work, school, errands, events, recreational activities and so on - The tiniest aspects can be overlooked to the expected normalities and this is where the biggest mistakes occur.
If you have been injured in result of a defective product, please call our highly skilled and experienced team of California Product Liability Attorneys. To receive a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation, call us at (800) 561-4887.
Act Quickly To Obtain Liability Compensation
Victims of defective products have a limited amount of time to pursue compensation for their injuries.
time-restraint is known as the statute of limitations and varies greatly depending on the victim's geographic location as well as the state in which their defective product was manufactured.
If the time allowed by law to pursue a claim for damages is exceeded, it is almost an impossibility to obtain compensation for medical expenses or pain and suffering arising as a result of manufacturer negligence.
Call 800-561-4887 following a defective product injury. The expert staff at Bisnar Chase will provide you with a free, no obligation consultation which will give you all of the information that you will need to start your case out on the right foot.
Defective Product Checklist
- A design flaw or defect exists when the product was designed with a defect that makes the entire line dangerous even if the manufacturing and assembly was flawless.
- A manufacturing flaw or defect exists when a safely designed product becomes dangerous because the manufacturer failed to make the product in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Inadequate warnings or instructions are not complete and do not give clear directions for use of the product.
Three Keys To Establish A Product Liability Case
- The product was defective.
- The defect existed prior to the manufacturer releasing the product.
- The defect caused your injuries and or damages.
Typically a product liability case will hinge on manufactured products, defective design, and failure to warn.
What About Defective Medical Devices?
There are a number of ways a medical device can fail such as hip replacements or vaginal mesh implanting. When a medical device does fail, it can leave victims in painful or fatal circumstances often causing lifelong symptoms.
If you are suffering complications due to a defective medical device, please contact our office immediately by calling 1-800-561-4887. We will advise you on whether or not we can take your medical defect case.
There are some drugs and devices that we do not represent after a period of time. Call us to discuss your case, or find out more about the cases we take at on our defective medical devices page.
We also represent clients who have experienced serious damaging side-effects from unsafe prescription drugs. For a list of defective drugs please visit our pharmaceutical litigation page.
What About Auto Defect Cases?
The committed and experienced California Product Liability Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have been involved in many auto defect cases winning over $300 Million.
Brian Chase has spent a large amount of his career going after deceptive automakers and specifically those who have catastrophically harmed consumers. There are many dangerous auto defects in cars that are still on the roads today.
For more information on a California product liability or defective product case, please call our attorneys at 800-561-4887 for a free case review. Serving Southern California since 1978.