The California product liability lawyers at Bisnar Chase have been winning personal injury cases for over 40 years. We have a 99% success rate and have won more than $700 million for our clients in injury settlements and verdicts, including consumer and dangerous product cases.
We handle cases involving dangerous products ranging from defective drones and malfunctioning e-cigarettes and lithium-ion batteries to Roundup, Allergan, and Talcum Powder cancer cases.
Our expert defective product attorneys in California will fight to make sure you get the compensation and justice you deserve. If you’ve been harmed by a dangerous product, please contact Bisnar Chase’s personal injury attorneys for a free consultation. Call (800) 561-4887 or contact us through our website.
What is a Product Liability Claim?
The term “product liability” is associated with a business owner or manufacturer being held accountable for the injuries caused by a defective product. Both of these entities have a duty to the consumer to keep them safe from harm while using their product.
The federal product liability statute of limitations states the time to file a product liability claim is “Within two years: An action for assault, battery, or injury to, or for the death of, an individual caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another.”
Manufacturing Defect VS. Design Defect
Companies who place goods or services in the hands of consumers and create an environment for injury can be sued under state laws for manufacturing and design defects. Typical products liability claims are those where the design of the product was expected to be safe but turned out otherwise causing injury or death. While not as common, marketing defects also fall under product liability lawsuits.
The chain from the creation of the product can include all parties involved from the assembler, manufacturer, or store owner. Typically, product liability lawsuits are based on strict liability and negligence.
Most design flaws that cause injury are tables, heavy furniture, dressers, or items that have a choking hazard to children. There are many different types of product liability cases including failure to warn and each one needs to be explored by an experienced product liability lawyer who has spent years working on these types of cases.
Winning California Product Liability Cases
Brian Chase, a top-rated California personal injury lawyer, is passionate about taking on the big guns of fortune five hundred companies and seeking justice for you. Our experience in product liability and defective or dangerous products allows us to be at the top of our game from the start.
There is no learning curve when you have specialized in these types of cases for over four decades and have served areas such as Los Angeles and San Bernardino. Brian does not fear taking on Goliath. He’s been protecting the rights of clients and pursuing negligent corporations for decades throughout California.
Brian has an exceptional record when it comes to dealing with a wide variety of cases. Some of the different defective product claims that he and his skilled team of attorneys handle include:
- Auto defects, including airbags, tires, and seatback failures
- Talcum powder
- Roundup weed killer
- Allergan breast implants
- Dangerous E-cigarettes
- Anything involving a faulty lithium-ion battery
- Drone accidents
Cases involving products such as talcum powder and Roundup are now subject to major class-action lawsuits. Bisnar Chase handles these, as well as other smaller-scale product liability lawsuits across California. Contact our attorneys for a free consultation with no obligations.
Negligence in Product Safety
Bisnar Chase consumer product attorneys focus a large part of their practice on representing individuals who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective products or negligence placed into the hands of consumers.
Every year, millions of people are injured, maimed, or killed by dangerous or defective products in the U.S. Many times, these products should have never been in the marketplace in the first place because there was potential for injury from manufacturing or design flaws at the onset.
Since there is no federal product liability law, most cases are based on state laws where the plaintiff resides or where the product was created, manufactured, marketed, or otherwise sold.
Top 10 Most Common Types of California Product Liability Cases
There are many different types of defective products that are purchased every day. Some defects create serious hazards that can put users at great risk, leading to personal injuries or fatalities.
The 10 most common types of defective products include:
- Auto Defects: This can include everything from carbon monoxide poisoning to malfunctioning brakes, sudden unintended acceleration, tires blowing out, seatbelt failure, and more. Bisnar Chase is a trusted and reputable law firm when it comes to auto defects.
- Children’s Products: When buying toys and products for your children, you trust that they will bring no harm, but when they do, somewhere along the line something was overlooked and caused a serious problem that needs to be acknowledged. Let us hold those accountable so that it does not happen again to someone else.
- Household Appliances: Everyday tasks in your home should not have to be dangerous; household appliances can be very heavy, provide a fire risk, and many more potentially deadly hazards. Products should not be released to the public for sale or distribution if the quality is not ensured.
- Furniture: Recently, dressers and other furniture items have been causing the death of children from dressers falling on children and crushing them. These are not the only potentially dangerous items available.
- Medical Devices: When intending to save lives and make living conditions easier, you should not have to worry about if a medical product is going to worsen your condition. Bisnar Chase has won major settlements and verdicts for victims of faulty medical devices across California.
- Chemicals & Cleaning Products: Dealing with household and exterior cleaners of any kind can be extremely hazardous. Companies that manufactured and distributed cleaning products did not have to list the ingredients inside their kitchen sprays, disinfectants, soaps, detergents, etc. Some harmful ingredients have the ability to cause allergic reactions, illness, severe irritation, cancer, birth defects, and other serious side effects. Roundup Weed Killer has been linked to certain types of lymphoma. The product is the subject of many personal injury lawsuits throughout the country. To learn more, visit Senate Bill No. 258.
- Contaminated Food: We consume food and drink without too much thought of if it making us violently ill. The bottom line is that we should not have to worry about contaminants causing serious side effects. The food and beverage industry must go through rigorous testing, obeying strict guidelines, laws, and regulations, and when a contaminated food issue comes up, it is usually due to negligence or wrongdoing.
- Industrial Equipment & Machinery: When working in positions that require big, heavy, fast, loud, and dangerous equipment and machines, safety is key. Organizations like OSHA work tirelessly to ensure that proper protocol is required and met by businesses and companies so their workers are kept safe when on the job and not forced into potentially catastrophic situations.
- Sports Equipment: Sports can be hazardous enough, with a high amount of sports-related injuries reported every day. Sporting equipment is an essential factor of many sports around the globe. Sporting equipment like baseball gloves, weight-lifting equipment, water-sport equipment, and so forth, must meet specific guidelines depending on their area. Athletes and bystanders count on the efficiency of these products to ensure overall safety, again, for athletes and those observing.
- Jewelry, clothes, and fashion accessories: Every day people get dressed for work, school, errands, events, recreational activities, and so on. The tiniest aspects can be overlooked to the expected normalities and this is where the biggest mistakes occur.
If you have been injured as the result of a defective product, please call our highly skilled and experienced team of California product liability attorneys. For a free consultation and case evaluation, call us at (800) 561-4887.
“A victim can seek in a product liability case or similar as to all personal injury cases money for pain and suffering compensation for lost wages compensation for past medical bills compensation for future medical expenses things of that nature.” – California Trial Attorney, Brian Chase
Act Quickly To Obtain Liability Compensation
Victims of defective products have a limited amount of time to pursue compensation for their injuries.
time-restraint is known as the statute of limitations and varies greatly depending on the victim’s geographic location as well as the state in which their defective product was manufactured.
If the time allowed by law to pursue a claim for damages is exceeded, it is almost an impossibility to obtain compensation for medical expenses or pain and suffering arising as a result of manufacturer negligence.
Call (800) 561-4887 following a defective product injury. The expert staff at Bisnar Chase, based in Orange County and with locations across California, will provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation which will give you all of the information that you will need to start your case out on the right foot.
Defective Product Checklist
Product liability cases involving dangerous or defective items are the result of negligence. This negligence typically comes in one of three forms:
- A design defect or flaw.
- A manufacturing defect or flaw, or sub-standard materials used.
- Inadequate instructions or appropriate warnings.
Three Keys To Establish A Product Liability Case
There are certain aspects in a personal injury case that will need to be proven in order to win compensation for losses such as medical expenses and lost income. The primary factor that needs to be present in a product liability case is negligence. Manufacturers hold what is known as a duty of care. If they failed to carry out this duty of care by not doing their due diligence to make sure consumers are safe they are seen as being careless.
Other factors that need to be evident in a defective product case include:
- The product was defective.
- The defect existed prior to the manufacturer releasing the product.
- The defect caused your injuries and or damages.
Typically a product liability case will hinge on manufactured products, defective design, and failure to warn.
Defective Medical Device Cases in California
There are a number of ways a medical device can fail such as hip replacements or vaginal mesh implanting. When a medical device does fail, it can leave victims in painful or fatal circumstances often causing lifelong symptoms.
If you are suffering complications due to a defective medical device, please contact our office immediately by calling (800) 561-4887. We will advise you on whether or not we can take your medical defect case.
There are some drugs and devices that we do not represent after a period of time. Call us to discuss your case, or find out more about the cases we take on our defective medical devices page.
We also represent clients who have experienced serious damaging side effects from unsafe prescription drugs. For a list of defective drugs please visit our pharmaceutical litigation page.
What About Auto Defect Cases?
The committed and experienced California product liability lawyers at Bisnar Chase are nationally renowned when it comes to winning auto defect cases.
Our team has recovered millions of dollars for clients who have been injured or have lost loved ones due to vehicle manufacturer negligence. We handle all cases, ranging from faulty airbags and tire separation to rollover crashes and sudden unintended acceleration.
Choose Bisnar Chase
Our law firm has provided superior representation to clients in a huge number of dangerous product cases, winning over $700 Million for injury victims over more than 40 years in business. We take pride in helping those who have suffered serious injuries due to defective products across California.
Brian Chase has spent a large amount of his career going after deceptive and negligent manufacturers, specifically those that have catastrophically harmed consumers.
For more information on a California product liability or defective product case, please call our attorneys at (800) 561-4887 for a free case review.