A major recall has been issued on a type of breast implant produced by pharmaceutical giant Allergan after the products were linked to a rare type of cancer. If you or a loved one have these Biocell implants, you should contact an Allergan breast implant lawyer at Bisnar Chase for help now.
If you have the Allergan textured implants and have developed cancer or are concerned due to the recall, a dangerous products lawyer can offer the support and guidance you need. We can help you hold the company responsible and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call (800) 561-4887 now, or click below to contact us and arrange a free consultation.
Breast Cancer Risks
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women around the world. It occurs when abnormal cells in the breast grow and multiply uncontrollably, forming a lump or mass. Breast cancer affects more than 1.6 million women worldwide each year.
It is the most common form of cancer among women aged 60 and older. Breast cancer can also occur in younger women, but these cases are rarer and tend to be less aggressive.
The risk of developing breast cancer increases with age, with one-third of new cases occurring in women over the age of 40 years. In addition, family history is an important factor that can increase your risk of developing breast cancer.
The risk is also slightly higher if you have a first-degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) with breast cancer.
The cancer risks associated with Allergan Implants increase these odds. Patients with a higher risk marker may have been affected very quickly.
Allergan Breast Implant Cancer Risk
The Allergan Biocell textured breast implants have been directly linked to an extremely rare form of cancer known as BIA-ALCL (Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma).
BIA-ALCL is a form of cancer that targets the immune system and can prove deadly to victims. Despite the source, it is not a form of breast cancer. But it has already been associated with dozens of deaths.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a recall of the Allergan implants in July 2019 after an investigation revealed their link to the BIA-ALCL cancer.
There have only been 573 BIA-ALCL cancer cases worldwide so far, but 481 of the victims – more than 80% – are known to have received the Allergan implants.
If you have been affected by these implants, contact our Allergan breast cancer lawyers specializing in Allergan breast implant cases now.
Allergan Breast Implant Cancer
Cancer Symptoms Associated with Allergan Breast Implants
It can take several years for a cancer to develop, and investigations into the Allergan implants are still ongoing.
However, some of the symptoms that people with the implants should look out for include:
- Skin irritation
- Swelling around the implants
- Breast pain and soreness
- Changes to the shape and size of the breasts
- Unexplained lumps
BIA-ALCL is a slow-developing cancer that can take hold in the scarring and fluids surrounding your Allergan breast implants. If you are concerned about any of the symptoms above, you should contact a medical professional immediately before contacting a breast implant cancer attorney.
What to Do if You Have Allergan Breast Implants
The FDA has not advised the removal of the Allergan textured breast implants unless victims are showing cancerous symptoms. However, anyone with this type of Biocell implant should contact a medical professional for a precautionary check-up.
If you are showing symptoms related to the BIA-ALCL cancer and have Allergan breast implants, you should seek medical help immediately.
Once you have been examined by a medical professional, you should get in touch with an Allergan breast implant cancer attorney at Bisnar Chase.
We can offer you a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your next step, offering expert legal guidance on filing a lawsuit against Allergan.
Allergan Could Be Liable
Safety risks relating to Allergan breast implants have been discussed for several years. In fact, the very same textured implants have already been recalled in Europe and Canada. Allergan refused to recall the implants in the U.S. until asked to do so by the FDA.
At Bisnar Chase, we believe Allergan has shown serious negligence and a disregard for the lives of patients by failing to act. Find out of you have a case by contacting an attorney dealing with Allergan breast implant lawsuits.
If successful, you may be due compensation for your medical expenses, as well as any pain, suffering, trauma, and losses associated with these implants.
Which Allergan Biocell Implants Have Been Recalled?
The Allergan breast implant recalls in 2019 listed a number of specific products. The types of recalled Biocell implants include both Allergan saline implants, and Allergan silicone implants.
Below is the list of recalled Allergan Biocell textured breast implants. Use the drop-down tabs to reveal the full product types.
- Style 163 – BIOCELL textured shaped full height, full projection saline breast implants
- Style 168 – BIOCELL textured round moderate profile saline breast implants (also known as 168MP)
- Style 363 – BIOCELL textured shaped moderate height, full projection saline breast implants. Allergan catalog includes 363LF/ 363 low height full projection
- Style 468 – BIOCELL textured shaped full height moderate projection saline breast implants
- Style 110 – BIOCELL textured round moderate projection gel-filled breast implants
- Style 115 – BIOCELL textured round midrange projection gel-filled breast implants
- Style 120 – BIOCELL textured round high projection gel filled breast implants
- Style TRL – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured responsive silicone breast implants
- Style TRLP – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured responsive silicone breast implants
- Style TRM – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured responsive silicone breast implants
- Style TRF – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured responsive silicone breast implants
- Style TRX – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured responsive silicone breast implants
- Style TCL – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured cohesive silicone breast implants
- Style TCLP – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured cohesive silicone breast implants
- Style TCM – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured cohesive silicone breast implants
- Style TCF – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured cohesive silicone breast implants
- Style TCX – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL textured cohesive silicone breast implants
- Style TSL – Natrelle BIOCELL textured soft-touch silicone breast implants
- Style TSLP – Natrelle BIOCELL textured soft-touch silicone breast implants
- Style TSM – Natrelle BIOCELL textured soft-touch silicone breast implants
- Style TSF – Natrelle BIOCELL textured soft-touch silicone breast implants
- Style TSX – Natrelle BIOCELL textured soft-touch silicone breast implants
- Style 410 FM
- Style 410 FF
- Style 410 MM
- Style 410 MF
- Style 410 FL
- Style 410 ML
- Style 410 LL
- Style 410 LM
- Style 410 LF
- Style 410 FX
- Style 410 MX
- Style 410 LX
- Allergan Natrelle 133 plus tissue expander (K143354)
- Allergan Natrelle 133 tissue expander with suture tabs (K102806)
If you have received any of the product styles included in the Allergan recall and have developed any cancer-related symptoms, contact us now.
Get the justice and compensation you deserve by filing an Allergan breast implant lawsuit.
Finding the Best Allergan Breast Implant Attorney Near Me
The recent recall of Allergan implants has made national news, with several victims having already filed lawsuits against the pharmaceutical giant. But how do you know which lawyer to entrust your case to?
There are several factors that set out the best Allergan breast implant attorneys.
- Experienced Allergan cancer lawyers with a high success rate
- A ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee which advances all costs
- Good communicators who are easy to contact and receptive to client wishes
- The resources to take on a company like Allergan and win
Choosing the right lawyer for your Allergan lawsuit can maximize your chances of success. Picking a law firm with a successful track record is important, but it can be just as vital to choose a firm that offers compassion, support, and guidance.
Our Allergan breast implant lawyers believe in providing superior representation.
Trial Lawyers and Expert Negotiators
When considering who to hire for your Allergan breast implant cancer lawsuit, it is best to choose a top-rated trial attorney. At Bisnar Chase, our skilled lawyers are experts when it comes to negotiating settlements. But they are also outstanding trial attorneys. You need an Allergan recall attorney who will fight for your rights in court if required.
Contact our Allergan Breast Cancer Lawyers
At Bisnar Chase, we are dedicated to providing expert legal advice and compassionate support. Our Allergan breast cancer attorneys offer a free case review and a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee. You do not owe us a penny if we do not win your case.
We have a 99% success rate and have collected more than $750 million, helping over 12,000 clients across California in our 40+ years in business.