Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Bisnar Chase are always ready to fight for you and your case.
Our skilled attorneys have won over $300 Million for our clients over the last 39 years and have established a 96% Success Rate.
Motorcycle riding is an extremely popular pastime in Riverside County, however, there are many negligent drivers out on the road that do not check their blind spots for oncoming motorcycle riders. Because of this, hundreds of innocent riders each year become the victims in motorcycle accidents.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Bisnar Chase Riverside personal injury lawyers now at 951-530-3711 for your free no-obligation consultation. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and recovery and we will help you obtain it.
Motorcycle Accidents in Riverside
Because motorcycles have practically no protection for their riders, accidents involving motorcycles are many times very serious and often fatal.
In a recent years study:
- Over 80,000 riders were injured and almost 5,000 riders were killed in motorcycle accidents. Out of 8.6 million registered vehicles, the fatality rate for motorcycle accidents was 57.85%
- Many times, alcohol and speeding are factors of motorcycle accidents. Out of 449 motorcycle riders killed, 29% had a BAC of .01+, 24% had a BAC of .08+(legally intoxicated) and 15% had a BAC of .15+
- It is common for local motorcycle accidents to result in serious or even fatal injuries
- In one recent crash, rock star and Riverside native Mitch Lucker died from the injuries he sustained in a motorcycle accident while riding his 2013 Harley Davidson
- In another recent motorcycle accident, a 37-year-old motorcycle rider was killed after colliding with a vehicle and being struck by two others after he was thrown off his bike
- According to media reports, the fatal accident occurred at Arlington Avenue and Pegasus Drive in Riverside. Officials say a 2009 Toyota Corolla turned left in front of the motorcycle, resulting in a broadside collision
- A motorist turning left in front of an oncoming motorcycle is one of the most common causes of major injury or fatal motorcycle collisions. A number of Riverside County bike accidents are single vehicle crashes
Top 7 Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents, like many other types of traffic accidents, can happen in a split second. It only takes a moment of distraction or inattention. The Top 7 Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Orange County include:
- Driving while distracted
- Running a red light or stop sign at an intersection
- Dangerous or defective roadways and poorly designed street intersections
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Failure to look for motorcyclists before changing lanes, turning left or entering traffic
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Exceeding the speed limit or driving at a speed that is unsafe for traffic, roadway or weather conditions
Motorcycle Safety Tips
The following safety tips will help even the most seasoned motorist stay proactive to potential danger on the road:
- Avoid blind spots: Inattentive drivers may not notice that you have pulled up alongside them. Try to avoid riding where motorists cannot see you near the back corner of their vehicles.
- Maintain a safe speed: Make sure you obey the speed limit and slow down when traffic is congested or the roadways are slick.
- Use caution when lane splitting: While it is now officially legal to split lanes in California, it can prove problematic in some situations. Drivers often fail to notice motorcyclists who are passing them between lanes of traffic. (You can read more on the legality of lane splitting on our blog: Lane Splitting in California)
- Stay sober: Riding a motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is extremely dangerous to you and surrounding motorists. Intoxicants dull a rider's reflexes and impairs his or her cognitive and motor functions.
- Always wear a helmet and protective gear: California law requires the use of helmets. Riders and their passengers should also protect their legs, arms and hands with proper attire and accessories such as leather gloves and boots.
- Take motorcycle safety courses: Riders who have recently received skill training are less likely to be involved in an accident.
Discuss your case with our team of motorcycle accident lawyers today for free, at 951-530-3711.
What To Do If You're Involved in a Motorcycle Crash
Even the safest motorcycle riders can be involved in an injury accident. What you do immediately after an accident can affect your ability to receive compensation for your losses.
- Make sure you notify the authorities right away
- Remain at the scene of the crash
- Gather contact information from everyone involved and eyewitnesses
- Take photos of the vehicles and accident site
- See a doctor right away
- Seek out the legal resources to protect your legal rights
Reaching out to our Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorneys will guarentee your best chance of receiving maximum compensation, but getting your injuries documented is very important. If you have no legal documentation of you getting injured resulting from the crash, it as though you were never injured in the first place.
Having solid and legal documentation will benefit you and your case when the time comes. Our Bisnar Chase Lawyers know how to fight for you no matter how difficult your case is or becomes and will never give up.
How to Prove Fault in a Motorcycle Accident
Making sure you have an experience Riverside Motorcycle Attorney is important when proving and winning your case. The most effective way to prove who was at-fault in your accident is to trace your accident to an act of negligence:
- Did the driver fail to check their blind spot?
- Did the driver fail to signal for a lane change?
- Was the driver under the influence of drugs, alcohol, and/or some other substance during the time of your accident?
- Did the driver have a vehicle malfunction that could have been prevented via routine maintenance?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you have ground to believe that the opposing driver is at-fault and you and your Riverside motorcycle accident lawyer can use this in a court of law.
Additionally, if the accident was cause by a product defect of the opposing vehicle, you may also press charges against the manufacturer via a class action lawsuit. Filling a class action lawsuit can not only deliver you the compensation that you deserve, but can also save lives by preventing defective vehicles from staying on the road.
Negotiating Your Settlement With the Insurance Companies
It's a common belief that insurance companies put their customers first. This notion is not entirely true. The bureaucracy of many insurance companies often cut the injured short with their low-ball settlement offers.
Regardless of the offer on the table, you should talk it over with your lawyer first before signing any documentation. The reason for this is that more often than not, the settlements that are offered by the insurance companies do not fully cover your injuries and losses. Your motorcycle accident attorney can take what is on the table and increase it through persuasion so that you are fully compensated.
With over 39 years of representing clients in both Riverside and the Inland Empire, Bisnar Chase has the experience you need in your Lawyer. Our 96% success and high approval rating have made us the number one personal injury law firm in the Inland Empire and a force to be reckoned with concerning Southern Californian auto insurance companies.
Why Choose Bisnar Chase for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
A large number of motorcycle accidents result in catastrophic injuries such as spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries. Without a steel frame, seat belt or airbag to protect them, motorcycle riders can suffer life-altering injuries in even low-speed collisions. In such cases, victims can pursue financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim. A successful claim can result in support for medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning potential as well as pain and suffering.
When a victim is killed in a Riverside motorcycle crash due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, his or her family may file a wrongful death claim to receive support for their losses. A successful wrongful death claim can result in support for medical costs, funeral expenses, lost future wages, loss of inheritance, pain and suffering, loss of emotional support and other related damages.
Call our experienced Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at 951-530-3711 for a free consultation.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6809 Indiana Ave #148
Riverside, CA 92506