The Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have the resources and over 45 years of experience in winning personal injury compensation for crash victims. We are familiar with the local courts and defense teams in Santa Ana and will fight for you against the insurance companies.
People are injured in Santa Ana car accidents every day. Suffering a serious injury crash can flip your whole life upside down. Injured victims must be given the support they need to fully recover physically, financially, and emotionally. Furthermore, negligent drivers should be held accountable for injuries and losses they cause to victims and their families.
The law firm of Bisnar Chase has obtained a 99% success rate and has collected over $750 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
If you’ve been injured in a no-fault car accident, contact our Santa Ana car accident attorneys for a free initial consultation on your personal injury claim.
CALL 949-203-3814 today.
Santa Ana Car Accident Resources
5 Causes of a Santa Ana, California Vehicle Accident
Over six million car crashes occur every year in the United States. Crashes can result in minor and catastrophic injuries. Some situations happen more frequently than others. With the causes that trigger motor vehicle accidents, you can also take preventative measures. The following list states the top five reasons why car accidents take place and what you can do to prevent them.
5 common causes of car crashes:
- Texting and driving: Answering a text or even scrolling through a social media feed can have serious consequences. You are not only putting yourself at risk of being in a fatal car accident but you are also putting fellow drivers at risk as well. Research has concluded that over 390,000 injuries have been sustained in an accident due to texting and driving. Do not put yourself and others in danger by responding to a message. If the situation seems like it could be an emergency, turn on your emergency lights and safely pull over to the side of the road.
- Sleeping at the wheel: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have reported that drowsy driving has led to many serious car crashes. In one year, almost 800 people lost their lives due to being hit by a driver who was sleeping behind the wheel. Operating a vehicle when you are exhausted may slow your reaction time, lessen your attention span when you are on the road, or affect your decision-making. Be aware of how tired you are and listen to your body. Taking some time to rest will decrease your chances of being involved in a car accident.
- Turning Right on Red: A rolling right turn at a red light is when a driver does not entirely stop but pauses when turning. Just because there are not any cyclists or pedestrians in your eyesight does not mean there is no incoming traffic. Turning right on red, especially when there is no clear danger, is legal. Although legal, it increases your risk of being in a motor vehicle wreck. Stop at a red signal, and if you are to transition, wait at least four seconds before proceeding.
- Speeding: California Vehicle Code 22350 VC states,” No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.” The average speed that a driver should obtain on a California highway is 65 mph. There can also be severe consequences for speeding, including hefty fines and fatalities.
- Drunk driving: DUI Statistics have stated that every 52 minutes, a person loses their life to a drunk driver behind the wheel. Driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana is not only dangerous but illegal. When intoxicated, a driver’s motor skills are altered and reaction time is immensely slowed. The illegal limit that a person can have when getting behind the wheel is over .08 grams of alcohol. Since a Breathalyzer can not test marijuana, an officer has the right to issue a sobriety test if there is any suspicion that you are under the influence. Do not get behind the wheel if you have been drinking. Call a taxi, Uber, or Lyft to help you reach your destination.
Seeing a doctor is not the only thing you should do after a crash. Before leaving the crash site, write down everything you remember about the accident. Collect the insurance information from the other driver or drivers involved. Write down the contact number of anyone who may have witnessed the accident. If you have a camera on your phone, photograph the vehicles, their positions, the marked roadway, and your injuries.
Orange County Auto Accidents
According to the California Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System, there were 100 traffic deaths and 14,368 injuries resulting from Orange County car accidents in the year 2018. In the city of Santa Ana, 12 people were killed and 1,361 were injured in car crashes during that same year. Here are some of the citywide statistics for 2018:
- Five fatalities and 162 injuries as a result of DUI crashes.
- Six deaths and 134 injuries resulted from pedestrian accidents
- 151 injuries suffered by bicyclists in car accidents
- One death and 49 injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents
Injuries Suffered in Southern California Car Crashes
The severity of the injuries sustained in a car accident depends on the vehicle’s size and speed, the vehicle’s safety features, the angle at which the vehicles collide, and whether the vehicles’ occupants are buckled up. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), seatbelts saved more than 75,000 lives between 2008 and 2016. Approximately 42 percent of passengers who were killed in the year 2007 were unbelted.
Even if your airbag deploys and you are properly belted in, you could still sustain serious injuries in a crash. Injuries that are commonly suffered in Santa Ana car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: You could suffer a brain injury in a car accident if your head makes contact with the car’s interior or if your head is shaken so violently that your brain impacts the inside of your skull. Anyone who has lost consciousness or who feels confused after being in an accident should see a doctor right away. Even mild concussions can have devastating consequences.
- Multiple bone fractures: Your legs, arms, and ribs can get crushed in a car accident. It is particularly common for victims to suffer bone fractures in head-on collisions and T-bone crashes when vehicles collide without first slowing down, typically intersection car accidents.
- Internal injuries: When the bones are broken, the internal organs they protect can get crushed or pierced. The symptoms of trauma to the heart, lungs, and liver can last a lifetime.
- Lacerations: If the windshield, side windows, or mirrors shatter during an accident, occupants may sustain severe laceration injuries that could even require surgery.
- Neck injuries: The violent jerking motion that can happen in a car accident, especially in a rear-end collision, can result in neck strain injuries known as whiplash. If not properly treated, whiplash injuries can get progressively worse, resulting in debilitating pain and stiffness.
Get Medical Treatment Immediately After a Santa Ana Crash
If you are hurt in a car or truck crash, you must seek prompt medical attention. Obtaining an early diagnosis and treatment can significantly increase your chances of full recovery. Furthermore, your medical records can be used in court to show that you were injured. If you fail to see a doctor immediately, the insurance company may claim that you were not really hurt. You can avoid this type of scrutiny by seeking immediate attention and by keeping organized records of each hospital visits, treatments undergone and expenses incurred.
What are the Benefits of Employing a Auto Collision Lawyer?
People who have suffered from a tragic car accident do not see the advantages that involve hiring an attorney. Most injury victims fear that they may worsen their situation financially if they seek legal representation. This is a widespread misconception and can be a belief far from the truth.
Hiring a Santa Ana car accident attorney can benefit you because:
- A car crash attorney has expert knowledge of California laws: If you do not have a clear perspective on the rights, you hold as an injury victim you may be missing out on funds that can cover the losses you have experienced in an accident. California law states that negligent parties should be held accountable for accident victims. California Government Code § 911.2. declares, “A claim relating to a cause of action for death or injury to person or personal property or growing crops shall be presented as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 915) not later than six months after the accrual of the cause of action. A claim relating to any other cause of action shall be presented as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 915) not later than one year after the accrual of the cause of action.” A car accident lawyer in Santa Ana can clarify and simplify the law to your understanding so you can know precisely what is taking place with your injury claim.
- You do not need to rely on yourself in calculating your damages and losses: One part of filing a claim with an insurance company requires you to know about the noneconomic and economic losses you have faced due to your Santa Ana car accident. This will give the insurance company a clear indication of the dollar amount you need to recover from your injuries. An injury lawyer can ensure every small detail and cost of your auto collision is covered. In your personal injury claim, an attorney can ensure that you receive compensation for damages such as the disabilities you have formed after your accident, loss of future earnings, and pain and suffering.
- A trial lawyer has years of experience negotiating settlements: The Law Firm of Bisnar Chase has over four decades of handling settlements in the court of law. Our personal injury lawyers can advocate for you in the courtroom and have an excellent ability to explain and prove to the judge that you experienced debilitating injuries due to someone else’s negligence. Our legal representation has won clients over $650 million dollars in compensation. We believe you should not have to pay out of pocket for an incident that was not your fault. When you contact our law offices today, you will receive a free consultation with a top legal team member. Call us at 949-203-3815 and begin the process of filing your Santa Ana car accident claim today.
How Do I Know I Need a Santa Ana Vehicle Crash Attorney?
The number one question that car accident victims have is, “when do I lawyer up?” The answer is as soon as possible. After a motor vehicle crash, the insurance company of the opposing party will want to contact you. You must hold off on speaking to them until you have sought out legal advice.
Insurance companies can try to use your vulnerability to help you word events of the car accident in a manner that indicates YOU WERE AT FAULT. Immediate legal advice can aid you in important aspects of your claim including dealing with an insurance company. If you feel you are at a loss in the legal process of an auto collision claim, speak to a Santa Ana car accident lawyer today.
See what our clients have to say:
Bisnar Chase provided outstanding service in negotiating with the other person’s insurance company. They worked hard to get me the best settlement and the turn around time was fast. On a scale of 1 to 10 I’d have to give the staff and attorneys of Bisnar Chase a 10.”
– J. McMillan, former client
Everything they said they would do, was done! The worst part of my experience with Bisnar Chase was when the case was finalized and I felt like I’d lose the friendship I established with the firm. I always appreciated the kindness I was shown by the staff when I was in the office. My overall feeling of Bisnar Chase was that I was represented by the best law firm in California.”
– L. Jones, former client
I was originally referred to Bisnar Chase by my uncle and have used them for two cases I was involved in. The staff was courteous and answered my calls and emails in a timely manner. They really worked hard for a higher payout in my case and kept me informed along the way. I even received an extra check by first class mail that I didn’t expect. Exceptional Service!”
– E. Shaffer, former client
Seeking a Car Accident Lawyer Santa Ana
It is possible to pursue financial compensation for all of the losses you have suffered in a Santa Ana car accident.
Successful personal injury claims against a negligent driver can result in support for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, loss of earning potential, mental anguish, and other related damages. It is important that you understand the potential value of your claim before accepting an offer from the insurance company.
Getting fair compensation can prove challenging, but legal resources are available to help you through the proceedings.
The experienced Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyers at Bisnar Chase know what it takes to help you secure fair and total compensation for all your injuries, damages, and losses. We have an impeccable record – a 99% success rate with all our personal injury cases.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a wrongful death or has sustained serious injuries from a negligent driver and you are looking for a car accident lawyer near you, please contact our law office at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation and top-notch legal advice.