Finding a qualified Orange County car accident lawyer to handle your case can be overwhelming. What will they charge, how long will it take, and what is fair compensation? These are all questions that you are likely to have.
At Bisnar Chase, we specialize in dealing with all motor vehicle accident cases – from car crashes to truck accidents. We have built up an outstanding success rate over 44 years of helping car accident victims fight for the compensation they deserve.
Our skilled attorneys are also experienced trial lawyers. They have a wealth of experience in Orange County courtrooms, helping more than 12,000 clients, including thousands of car accident victims, and taking on even the most complex motor vehicle accident cases.
Our passion for plaintiff justice goes beyond compensation. We set you and your family on a path to physical, emotional, and financial recovery from the moment we receive your online inquiry or phone call.
Orange County Car Accident Resources
Frequently Asked Questions About Orange County Crashes
After an incident, many people are left confused and frustrated with what to do legally after. You should not limit your options just by settling for whatever the insurance company hands you. The attorneys of Bisnar Chase are here to help you every step of the way with any questions you may have.
Various questions that accident victims may have include:
Yes. You will increase your chances of winning the maximum compensation for your settlement. With the right legal representation, you will always be informed of what is taking place during the lawsuit.
Accident victims should contact an injury attorney as soon as possible. Usually, insurance companies will delay the settlement process which could potentially lead to you accumulating more medical expenses.
Every injury claim is different, there is not a standard time when your claims process will end. It will depend on how many people were involved in the incident, how much damage was accumulated, and also how many injuries did you experience from the accident.
Bisnar Chase has a 99% success rate when it comes to winning compensation for their clients. Our legal team has helped injury victims fight against huge insurance companies and win, and will do the same for you. Call our law office for a free consultation.
It is imperative that you do not use an online calculator to understand what you can potentially receive in compensation for your car accident. The reason being is that you may not be taking into account all economic and non-economic damages. Remember, every accident is unique and there is not a set amount everyone receives for their settlement.
What To Do If You Have Been in a Car Crash
If you have been in a car accident, your priority is to ensure that you are safe and that no one else has been injured. You should also call the police and get witnesses to the scene as soon as possible. If you can, you should go straight to the hospital so your injuries can be treated. If you cannot do this or someone else is hurt, they should stay at the scene until the police arrive.
It is also important to stay calm and avoid panicking. This will help your chances of making a successful recovery. You should always maintain an open line of communication with your attorney after any car crash so that they can update you on how things are going with your case.
Steps to take after a car crash
- Make sure you get to safety. Experts say that staying next to your car after a crash can be dangerous, depending on where it happens.
- Get medical attention. Get the treatment you need as soon as possible after a crash, either from a paramedic at the scene or later from your doctor. This is vital for your health and well-being, as well as helping any future legal claim.
- Call the police. If there has been a car crash, the police should be involved. You can also request a copy of the police report later to support a fault claim.
- Document the scene and preserve evidence. When you have been in a car accident, you should document everything. Take pictures or videos of the scene and vehicles using your phone, record license plate numbers, and secure witness statements or contact details.
- Exchange driver information. Be sure to get all the details from the person(s) that caused the car accident. It is essential to collect this information before leaving the scene.
- Organize your evidence. Make sure the evidence you have collected is well organized. Request copies of police reports and proof of medical treatment and bills.
Top 11 Questions to Ask Your Car Accident Lawyer
Here are some of the top questions that your car accident attorney can help you answer after a crash:
- Do I contact my insurance company or the insurance company of the person who hit me?
- How do I get compensated for lost time and income from work?
- Who will pay my medical bills and when will they pay them?
- What information should I give to insurance adjusters?
- What should I do if the person who hit me is uninsured or the accident is a hit and run?
- Should I let an insurance adjuster record what I say?
- What should I do if the person who hit me did not carry enough insurance for my damages?
- Where should I go to get my car repaired or replaced?
- What is my car accident case worth?
- Should I hire a consumer lawyer or car accident attorney?
- What does an attorney cost and should I pay a retainer?
Skilled Orange County Car Accident Attorneys
Following a serious car wreck, you will need the best legal representation available. You will need a car accident lawyer in Orange County who knows how to play hard ball with insurance adjusters and has a proven winning record in CA courtrooms.
Some car accidents are relatively minor but can still leave a lasting impact on the victim. Other incidents will leave crash victims with serious injuries and disabilities. For many people, this results in a major adjustment.
Bisnar Chase aims to take the strain off the victim. We have a very skilled legal team with an outstanding record of success in local courtrooms. Our goal is to ease the burden on those injured in car collisions and ensure they get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Our success rate, long history of highly-satisfied clients, and hundreds of millions of dollars recovered make us the go-to car accident attorneys in Orange County.
We also offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee to ensure our clients do not have to pay a dime unless their case is successful. We have built a reputation for providing a client experience that is second to none. We have been recognized by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Lexis Nexis, Avvo, and many more, and earning an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Our caring Orange County car accident attorneys are here to serve you.
Elements of a Car Accident Claim
A car accident can be serious, leaving you with many different claims. There are two main types of claims that you can make: property damage and personal injury.
Property damage claims are about losing property, such as your car or personal items. Personal injury claims are about injuries you might have suffered in the accident.
But a personal injury claim is much more complicated because you’ll have to prove that the other driver caused your injuries. In court, both sides will need to show evidence and witnesses to support their claims.
Bodily injury vs. pain and suffering
Typically bodily injury refers to injuries obtained by the other driver(s) and or passenger(s) or nearby pedestrians. Pain and suffering are the damage caused to you, including physical and emotional.
Bodily injury is a legal term that refers to any harm, including pain and suffering, caused by an accident. In some states, bodily injury is bodily harm (including pain and suffering) to the body caused by an accident. Other states define bodily injury as only physical injuries, while others still use physical and non-physical injuries. Bodily injury may also be used in cases of severe emotional trauma associated with an accident.
For example, if a pedestrian is injured in a car accident due to the driver’s negligence, she may claim that she suffered emotional distress and the physical injuries she incurred.
To successfully recover for bodily injury, the plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant was negligent in causing the injury. In many cases, proving negligence is straightforward; however, other factors may complicate matters which is why it’s a good idea to have an attorney to consult with.
No car insurance but not at fault?
In California, you can still file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company if you were not at fault. Recovery could be impacted, and you’ll collect less. This get’s even more complex if you were partially at fault and have no insurance. California requires that all drivers carry car insurance.
Determining who is at fault
Fault is typically determined based on one of three elements: driver, vehicle, or environment. The type of accident determines the information you should look for when assessing fault.
For instance, if a car hits a pedestrian, that driver’s negligence will likely be the main factor to consider. On the other hand, if two cars have an impact in a parking lot or on the road, it’s more likely that vehicle maintenance and road conditions will be the main factors to consider. The most important thing to remember when determining fault is that every case is different, and no two accidents are identical.
That means every case needs to be evaluated based on its own circumstances. As such, it’s important to look beyond what might seem obvious to get a more accurate picture of what happened in a particular accident. An attorney can help you understand how to evaluate each factor and make sound decisions about fault allocation when facing an accident claim.
Settlement or going to trial
The other party’s offer and your lawyer’s opinion on declining that offer will determine whether your case settles or goes to trial.
The attorney’s job is to get their client the best possible outcome, and if going to trial is needed, you had better make sure that you hire an attorney with trial experience. Quite a few personal injury claims end up in trial, especially if the defense’s offer is very low and your attorney knows he can get much more.
Car Accident Compensation
How much are you likely to receive if you have been the victim of a car crash? Car accident claim insurance can be very complicated and lengthy, especially if there are major injuries and ongoing medical treatment.
The frustrating answer is that it will always depend on the circumstances of the specific accident. Some of the factors which will affect the value of a claim include:
- Vehicle or property damage caused
- Extent of injuries
- Medical bills and expenses
- Costs of ongoing rehabilitation and care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and work opportunities
Car accident compensation is the legal process by which a person who has been injured in a car accident can be compensated for their injuries.
The injured party usually initiates the process of car accident compensation, and they will be compensated based on the severity of their injuries—the more serious the injury, the higher the compensation will be given to them.
The person(s) who caused the car accident are liable for paying for any medical bills and other expenses incurred by the injured party.
The benefits of receiving compensation from a car accident are that it can help cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. This can be essential in getting your life back on track after a car accident and avoiding financial ruin.
Contact our Orange County car accident claim lawyers for a free personal injury case evaluation if you’ve been injured and don’t know what your next step should be.
The Insurance Adjuster is Not Your Friend
It is best to place your trust in a car accident lawyer working for you – with your best interests in mind – rather than an insurance agent whose job is to save money for the insurance company.
California car accident attorney John Bisnar said:
“Thinking the insurance company is on your side is a big mistake. Car insurance companies give bonuses and pay raises to adjusters who settle claims in the quickest time and for the least money. The insurance adjuster is not your friend.”
Finding the Right Orange County Car Accident Lawyer
Choosing the right lawyer for your injury claim can be a big decision that you should not take lightly. The success of your claim can depend on the representation provided by your lawyers, so you must choose a firm with an excellent reputation.
You should ask these questions before hiring an attorney or law firm:
- How long have they been in business?
- How long has the lawyers handling your case been licensed?
- Have they worked on cases similar to your accident?
- Are they flexible and considerate of your needs?
- Does the attorney seem like a good listener, or do they talk over you?
- Do they go to court if need be (trial lawyers)?
- Check their legal standing with the Bar Association of their state
- Do they genuinely offer a free consultation and advance all costs?
- Is the accident lawyer near me or close to my work?
Top-12 Most Common Car Accident Causes
- Running red lights
- Distracted driving
- Failing to stop at stop signs
- Dangerous lane changes – often without looking
- Vehicle defects and blown tires
- Driving while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
- Driver error due to high volumes of traffic
- Drowsy driving
- Road rage
- Parking lot accidents from negligence
Common Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
Car crash victims in can sustain a wide range of injuries. It will depend on the type of accident they are involved in, where their car was impacted, and the force of the collision, among other factors.
Some of the most likely MVA injuries include:
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Emotional pain and anxiety
Car crashes have a wide range of potential outcomes and can leave victims with life-changing injuries.
The Most Dangerous Roads in Orange County
With so many drivers on the roads in and around Orange County, driving can be dangerous. A huge range of driving dangers are present on the streets, on highways, and in parking lots on a daily basis. These can include heavy traffic, car accidents, breakdowns, grand theft auto, speeding, reckless driving, and many other potentially dangerous activities.
The most dangerous roads include:
- Ortega Highway
- Laguna Canyon Road
- Beach Boulevard (State Route 39)
Each of these roadways accounts for a high volume of accidents in Orange County. According to Ortega.com, there were 212 accidents on Ortega Highway through the first four months of 2019 alone, resulting in three fatalities.
Orange County Car Accident and Safety Statistics
There are a lot of safe drivers on the road, but there are also plenty of reckless and dangerous drivers as well. Here are some statistics covering the main causes of car accidents to help you steer clear of road dangers:
Orange County, California Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
- 2.6% of these accidents involved pedestrians.
- 3.1% involved motorcycles.
- 4.1% involved bicycles.
- 3.9% involved trucks
- 2.1% involved buses
- An unbelievable 10.9% of all crashes involved alcohol or another substance.
Though the amount of crashes in the past years has been declining, a dangerous traffic situation can happen at any time and change you and your family’s lives forever.
California Car Crash Statistics
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that 36,120 people died in car accidents in one year.
- Southern California city, Los Angeles, experienced 54,000 motor vehicle collisions annually.
- In the state of California, 155 fatal bicycle incidents took place in a duration of one year.
Some of Our Orange County Car Accident Case Results
- $16,444,904 – Dangerous road condition, driver negligence
- $9,800,000 – Motor vehicle accident
- $8,500,000 – Motor vehicle accident – wrongful death
- $6,500,000 – Motor vehicle accident – auto defect
- $5,000,000 – Auto Defect
- $3,500,000 – Motor vehicle accident
- $3,000,000 – Motor vehicle accident (Insurance offered $100k, we won $3 million)
- $1,500,000 – Motor vehicle accident
These are just some of the major payouts we have secured for our clients. We strive to make sure all clients get the justice they deserve.
Navigating Orange County Courts
The car accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase are equally adept at negotiating out-of-court settlements and battling for our clients in the courtroom. We are highly effective trial lawyers, and will not hesitate to go to trial if we feel that is the best choice for our clients.
It is important to hire an OC car crash lawyer who has a good knowledge of the courts. Having the advantage of knowing the rules and procedures of local jurisdictions is an edge that locally planted lawyers always have.
You’ll want a lawyer that knows the judges, defense attorneys, court personnel, and culture of those particular courtrooms.
We can provide top-quality representation to residents of:
- Huntington Beach
- Newport Beach
- Santa Ana
- Costa Mesa
You can review our interactive timeline of a typical car accident case to get a better understanding of what an injury & accident attorney can do for you.
Contact Our Skilled Car Accident Lawyers in Orange County
The Orange County car accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase can provide the skill and support needed for crash victims to find justice.
Our firm has been a part of the Orange County community for more than 44 years. Over that time, we have established a 99% success rate and won more than $750 million for our clients.