Orange County Amusement Park Accident Lawyer
Bisnar Chase, California Amusement Park Accident Lawyers, a prominent and respected personal injury law firm serving the people of California since 1978, has successfully represented many people who have been injured in amusement parks and on amusement park rides. Our trial lawyers have successfully collected over $300 Million in verdicts and settlements.
We've helped over 10,000 clients with many of them living in Orange County. We are familiar with local courts and defense teams. Call 949-203-3814 for a Free Consultation with a theme park injury lawyer.
Deaths and Injuries Increase
Amusement park rides are described as any mechanical device which carries or conveys passengers along, around or over a fixed or restricted route within a defined area for the purpose of giving its passengers amusement. Amusement parks such as Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, etc., are a favorite form of entertainment for families and young people in California. Millions of people from all over the world come to California specifically to visit our amusement parks and ride our roller coasters.
Disturbing Amusement Park Statistics
Amusement parks can be fun for the whole family, friends, celebrations and weekend get togethers, but they can become dangerous when negligent park management, reckless behavior and other factors are introduced.
Here are some statistics that will make you want to pay closer attention when enjoying an amusement parks amenities.
- Unfortunately, serious injuries and deaths have been steadily increasing since 1998.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that emergency room injuries from amusement park rides rose almost 87 percent in the last five years.
- In 1998 there were 9,200 amusement park related injuries nationwide that required emergency room visits with an estimated 2,100 of these injuries occurring on mobile amusement rides and 4,500 injuries involved fixed rides.
- Children between the ages of 10 and 14 were most at risk, and women were one and a half times more likely to be injured.
Top 15 Most Dangerous Amusement Park Rides
Amusement Parks throughout Orange County can range from ride to ride. Each individual adrenalin junkie has his or her own preference of thrill ride, but each type of ride has there own danger factor. Here is a list of the Top 15 Most Dangerous Amusement Park Rides in Orange County, California.
Each ride type is in association with reported injuries (# of injuries reported per that ride during 1 recorded year):
- Steel Coasters: 495
- Water Slides: 438
- Boat Rides: 93
- Wooden Coasters: 87
- Water Park Playgrounds: 84
- Alpine Sliders: 72
- Car Rides: 72
- Log Rides: 72
- Slides: 69
- Carousels: 60
- Rafting Rides: 60
- Train Rides: 57
- Rides Operating in the Dark: 54
- Go-Karts: 51
- Simulators: 51
If you or a loved one has been injured on an amusement park ride, you may be able to file a claim for negligence against the park owners, ride manufacturers and ride operators. Contact an experienced Orange County personal injury lawyer immediately to learn about your options.
Bisnar Chase and their team of experienced attorneys are dedicated to their clients and have committed themselves to getting the best possible results in each and every case. In every personal injury case there are significant costs associated with providing the best representation. Bisnar Chase have the financial resources available and can afford to hire the best experts in the field at no cost to you. We are aggressive, accomplished and feared by insurance companies, corporate wrongdoers and their law firms. We guide our clients through the legal and financial challenges they encounter on their way to recovery from their accidents and we achieve results.
Whenever there is an accident that results in injury, whether in an automobile, boat or roller coaster, it is crucial that you document the injury and the circumstances surrounding the accident.
- Make sure you report the injury to the amusement park authorities immediately and insist that they write a report and get a copy.
- Record the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you feel that your injuries may be minor, they could lead to significant impairment in the future.
- Get the advice of an experienced amusement park accident attorney without delay.
- Do not volunteer any information regarding the accident to anyone other than your attorney and refer all inquiries directly to your lawyer.
Top 10 Most Common Injuries from Roller Coasters
Roller Coasters and other theme park thrill rides are meant to get your adrenalin pumping. Many people will not go on thrill rides because of fear, anxiety and the worry of something going horribly wrong.
For the most part, amusement park rides are generally safe. Your odds of getting injured on a roller coaster are 1 in 24 Million, while emergency room visits see twice as many injuries from carousel rides.
The Top 10 Most Common Injuries from roller coasters and other thrill rides consist of:
- Head, Neck and Back Injuries
- Bruises, Torn Ligaments and Lacerations
- Broken Bones
- Traumatic Head Injuries
- Food Poisoning
- Aggressive or Violent Assault
- Stroke from Trauma to Ligaments in the Neck
- Drowning and Suffocation
- Limb Amputation and Dismemberment
- Internal Bleeding
Let Bisnar Chase Represent Your Case
Let our Orange County Amusement Park Lawyers represent your case. With over 39 Years of experience, over $300 Million won for clients and an established 96% Success Rate, our Client Reviews and Testimonials may prove we are the ideal choice for your legal representation.
At Bisnar Chase we will promptly investigate the accident, determine fault, and seek to recover all legal damages. Call 949-203-3814 today.