Orange County Auto Defect Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident that you feel may have been caused by an auto defect, please call our experienced team of Orange County Auto Defect Lawyers for a free consultation. Call 949-203-3814 to reach our legal team.
Bisnar Chase has spent over three decades representing those injured by auto defects or dangerous design. Our legal team is comprised of experienced Orange County auto defect attorneys with decades of trial experience fighting big automakers. We've collected more than $650 Million for our clients and may be able to represent you too.
Recent Orange County Auto Defect Victories
- $32,698,073 - Auto Defect - Seat manufacturers, Johnson Controls
- $5,000,000.00 - Auto Defect
- $3,075,000.00 - Product Defect - motor vehicle accident
- $2,600,000.00 - Auto Defect
- $2,250,000.00 - Auto Defect - motor vehicle accident
Brian Chase, Senior
“Automakers need to be held accountable for the dangers and risks they pose to the public.”
Litigating Orange County Auto Defect Cases
For the Orange County Auto Defect Lawyers at Bisnar Chase, litigating auto product liability cases is very rewarding, both personally and professionally. These are real-life David and Goliath scenarios where we, representing the common man, take on corporate giants that routinely put profit over safety. The satisfaction in these cases also comes from obtaining a great result for the client in the form of monetary compensation and better healthcare that help enhance his or her quality of life. But, we also know that auto defect cases, while rewarding, can be grueling, intense and sometimes, frustrating.
Any attorney who takes on auto defect cases must act decisively on the following three matters right away:
- Assessing damages: Auto defect cases can be expensive to prosecute. This means that the damages must be significantly large. Our Orange County auto defect law firm invests hundreds of thousands of dollars in just one claim, which means that the damages should reach the seven-figure-plus mark to make the case economically feasible for both the client and the firm. This often means that we cannot take on every auto defect cause. But, by taking cases involving those who are severely injured, we can have an impact on the way manufacturers design their vehicles.
- Preserving the vehicle: The vehicle is often the most important piece of evidence in an auto defect case. So, it is important that the vehicle is preserved immediately. There is usually an abundance of forensic evidence in or on a vehicle that must be examined in order to determine the cause of the accident or injuries as well as liability. Without the vehicle, there is virtually no basis on which a case can be built. For example, when seatbelt failure is suspected, the restraint system is examined for evidence of "loading" to support an opinion that the occupant was properly restrained at the time of the crash.
- Access to experienced experts: A knowledgeable and resourceful auto defects lawyer will also be able to retain experienced experts, who obviously have the expertise to testify in these cases and convince jurors that the injuries were caused by the defective vehicles or parts.
Brian Chase discussed our
$24 Million Auto Defect Case with Jaklin Romine.
What Constitutes an Orange County Auto Defect Case ?
It is quite common for someone to be involved in an auto defect case and not even know it. A case involving a defect, but not a serious injury, is not a case that is economically feasible to pursue for either the client or the law firm. Here are just a few examples of the types of cases our Orange County Auto Defect Lawyers have pursued successfully:
- An SUV rollover crash that involves more than driver error. For example, it may involve a weak roof that crushed the occupants or an electronic stability control (ESC) system that failed.
- When someone who is buckled up gets partially or fully ejected, the case may involve a defective restraint system. It is important to remember that ejection from a vehicle does not necessarily mean that the occupant was not wearing the seatbelt.
- If someone's car catches fire, the case may involve a defective gas tank or a faulty part that overheated.
- When a car seat collapses backward in an accident, it may be a seatback failure case.
- A tire may fail due to tread separation or other manufacturing defects.
- If someone is ejected through a door, the door latch may have been defective.
- When airbags fail to deploy or deploy suddenly without warning, the consequences can be devastating.
What every vehicle owner should know from safercar.gov.
Brian Chase discusses why there are so few vehicle recalls.
Catastrophic Injuries in California Auto Defect Cases
A number of California auto defect cases we handle tend to be catastrophic injury or wrongful death cases. These are cases where someone has lost a spouse, a child or a loved one as the result of a defective auto. There are cases where individuals have suffered irreversible brain damage or have been paralyzed in a car crash. For us, these are not just cases. These people we represent are human beings, not numbers or statistics. Their personal stories remind us about how quickly life can change and how suddenly the world we once knew and cherished could vanish or be turned upside down.
In these types of cases, we know that money cannot take the place of a lost limb, a functioning brain or a loved one. But, what a recovery does in these cases is provide a sense of justice on the victim's behalf. It pays for necessary medical care, living expenses if the injured victim is unable to work and other forms of tangible relief for survivors.
In cases where victims have suffered catastrophic injuries, for example, they may need round-the-clock nursing care. An amputee may need money for prosthetics. Someone who has suffered a brain injury or has been rendered paraplegic may need the money to buy a special wheelchair or for extensive rehabilitation. The cost of continuing treatment and care for catastrophic injuries can add up to several millions of dollars during a person's lifetime.
In wrongful death cases, victims' families can seek a settlement that covers a wide range of losses including medical expenses, funeral costs, pain and suffering and loss of love and companionship. A successfully litigated auto products case can provide necessary relief to east the pain, suffering and financial devastation that often result from an accident.
How the Orange County Injury Attorneys of Bisnar Chase Can Help
It is evident that auto defect cases pose a formidable challenge to even the most experienced and resourceful law firms in the United States. This is because automakers use every strategy and tactic at their disposal to thwart the efforts of plaintiffs and plaintiffs' attorneys. But, at Bisnar Chase, we are ready for the challenge. Our track record against the largest automakers in the United States and the world, speaks for itself. We are thankful for a civil justice system that levels the playing field. The courtroom is where the corporation and the common man can duel and the average Joe can win. This is one of the greatest triumphs of the American justice system. In principle, we all stand on equal footing.
At Bisnar Chase, our Orange County Auto Defect Lawyers are ready to fight for your rights and hold wrongdoers accountable. If you have been injured or have lost a loved one as the result of an auto defect, please call us at (949) 203-3814 for a free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.