Tustin Car Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you know has been injured in a motor vehicle collision call the Tustin Car Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation.
Being in a car accident can be traumatic and can affect a person both physically and emotionally. Bisnar Chase's Tustin car accident attorneys are here to provide relief to those who have suffered from catastrophic injuries or financial setbacks from their auto wreck.
We have been winning millions in compensation for our clients since 1978 and have maintained a 96% success rate at earning successful verdicts.
The Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase has taken on the toughest of accident cases and continue to hold negligent drivers responsible for costly damages.
Contact us today and upon your call, you will receive free legal advice from a top-notch law expert.
Common Questions About Tustin Car Accident Claims
Following a car collision, many individuals are unaware of how to begin the legal process of their claim. There are questions that occur frequently more than others. Below you will find the most commonly asked questions amongst motor vehicle accident victims.
Frequently Asked Questions include:
You should consult with a lawyer right after your accident. The insurance company of the negligent party may reach out to you for a statement. When you speak to a lawyer, they will inform you of what to do when this situation arises.
A motor vehicle collision claim can take up to several months or even years to settle. There are steps within the process that can be prolonged depending on the amount of evidence that will need to be collected and how smoothly the cooperation of the defendant's legal representation goes as well.
If you or someone you love has been in a serious vehicle wreck call our Tustin car crash lawyers at 949-203-3814. When you contact our Orange County law offices you will be connected to a legal expert for a free case analysis.
Devastating Car Crash in Tustin Leaves Man Killed
On the night of Saturday, January 25th, a twenty-year-old man crashed his vehicle after colliding into the Tustin home of Tito Perez. The driver was also accompanied by a 17-year-old female who was only left with minor injuries due to her wearing a seatbelt.
A neighboring camera caught footage of the car crashing into the home at 2:24 in the morning.
The motor vehicle nearly injured several teenagers Perez said were over for his daughter's sleepover. He stated that "We just heard a ton of screaming from downstairs. We came running, the girls were all obviously in shock."
Authorities were investigating if alcohol or drugs was involved.
More Tustin Accident Car Accidents
Other Common Freeways Accidents take place in Tustin and Near Tustin:
Tustin Fatal Car Accident Statistics
The following is a representation of the number of fatal crashes in Tustin per year.
Data collected from City-Data.com
Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
The National Safety Council reported that in one year, over 38,000 people lost their lives due to a car crash in
the United States. injuries sustained in an accident can be debilitating or people can be left in constant pain that
can only be alleviated by medical prescriptions. If you have been in a collision and have experienced any of these
injuries you have a right to file a claim for compensation.
Most Common Injuries:
- Traumatic head injuries: A serious head injury occurs when the skull experiences an abrupt bolt or force. Head injuries are divided into two different classes which include primary head injuries and secondary head injuries. A primary injury is an injury that occurs at the time of impact to the skull. The secondary injury is the injury that happens as a result of the impact. Primary injuries can usually lead to secondary injuries if the impact was strong enough. Secondary injuries can include a cerebral edema, meningitis, or hypoxia.
- Bone fractures: Broken bones can be the outcome of a driver being crushed by a car or slamming their body into a part of the car like the steering wheel. Fractured bones can cause a person to suffer from severe pain, bruising and may have to undergo surgery. Drivers or passengers involved in a collision frequently experience rib fractures, arm fractures, and in serious cases neck fractures.
- Paralysis: Data released by the Centers for Disease Control stated that over 46% of spinal injuries are a result of a car accident. Unfortunatley, one of the most common outcomes that a car accident victim faces after a collision is being partially or completley paralyzed. Victims may need to have round-the-clock care and expensive medical equipment for this new reality.
Measures To Take After a Car Accident
Stop and call the local authorities immediately. When you contact the police they can quickly send out an ambulance to treat the injuries of you and others involved in the incident. Also if possible, move over to the side of the road. You can potentially be hit or more damage can be caused to your vehicle if you stay in hectic traffic.
When you have been involved in a motor vehicle collision it is important that you collect the other driver's license, car license plate, names, etc.
When you contact your insurance company you will be able to start the process of filing your claim. Remember that you are not required to speak to the other driver's insurance company and if you do never admit fault.
The Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Law Firm of Orange County has been fighting for the rights of victims who have been harmed by careless individuals or companies for over 40 years. Call today and be one of the many clients that we have won millions in compensation for.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim for a Tustin Car Incident
California Civil Code section 1714(a) states, "Everyone is responsible, not only for the result of his or her willful acts, but also for an injury occasioned to another by his or her want of ordinary care or skill in the management of his or her property or person, except so far as the latter has, willfully or by want of ordinary care, brought the injury upon himself or herself."
When a driver chooses to operate their motor vehicle on the road or when a manufacturer puts their cars on the market, both of these entities have a duty to keep you safe. This obligation in legal terms is known as the "duty of care." There are factors that need to be proven to demonstrate that the defendant breached that "duty of care" to the deceased.
These factors include:
- the presence of duty of care
- the breach of the duty of care
- the losses and damages stemming from the breach of duty of care
When that breach is proven then the family (spouse, children or surviving parent) of the deceased can file a wrongful death claim to be compensated for damages such as:
- funeral expenses
- the deceased's potential earnings within their lifetime
- medical benefits that the deceased would have provided
- emotional anguish
- loss of consortium
Losses You Can Be Compensated For
Taking care of the legal aftermath of a car accident can be difficult. There are measures you can take to help the legal process run much smoother. You can raise your chances of winning compensation for these types of losses by providing your attorney with documents such as medical visit information, an accident report, witness reports, photos of the car accident and an insurance adjuster's name and contact.
Lost wages: The number one question crash victims have after an accident is "can I go back to work?" The other question that normally follows is "will going back to work affect my case?" If you have suffered from injuries after a car accident you must seek medical attention immediately. If a doctor notifies you (a written document stating you are well is necessary) that you still have the ability to work you may return to work. This will not hinder your case. Most victims of car collisions must take time off of work and worry about the lost wages. Lost wages can be compensated for if you have claimed a loss of income.
Medical costs: The first steps to take after an auto accident in
Tustin, CA that you should take is seeking medical attention as soon as possible. The most important thing is to
address your injuries. Get a medical and police report. Before you take any information to the auto insurance
company, please seek legal representation for a Tustin car accident lawyer group.
Pain and suffering: Usually, when people are involved in a motor vehicle wreck the priority is
more than likely to be the physical state of the victim. Having the ability to perform day-to-day tasks is
important, but having the ability to mentally function is vital as well. During a car crash, experts say that
adrenaline flows through your bloodstream and when these hormones slow down the impact can cause a person to feel
exhausted, depressed and stressed. Sufferers of car incidents can experience mental and emotional injuries from a
car crash such as PTSD, insomnia and deep depression.
Safety Tips to Prevent a Car Accident
Thousands lose their lives each year to devastating motor vehicle collisions in the United States. Drivers owe the responsibility to themselves and other drivers to abide by the rules of the road. Road regulations that are already established by the state of California are meant to keep you safe, but there are other measures you can take along with those regulations to keep you free of harm.
Motorists should refrain from:
- Speeding: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that speeding attributed to 9,378 car accident deaths in one year. Speeding can not only cause an accident but if a driver were speeding and were to drive on a road that is not properly lit or repaired this can lead to a fatal car collision. When you adhere to the speed limits of the highway you are not keeping yourself safe but also fellow drivers.
- Following too close to cars: You should have an ample amount of distance between cars while driving to have a cushion of space if you had to stop suddenly. California Vehicle Code 21703 it is suggested that you have a reasonable and prudent amount of space. This cushion according to the the Department of Motor Vehicles should be 3 seconds of space.
- Not keeping up with a vehicle's maintenance: Having routine checks on your car is crucial for your safety and can prevent you from having to pay for expensive auto parts in the future. You should have routine inspections on your tires, systems fluids and you should also have regular oil changes. If you have properly maintained the upkeep of your vehicle and still suffered a car accident, this can be due to an auto defect. Contact an auto defect attorney to explore your legal options.
Why Should You Hire a Tustin Car Accident Lawyer?
Insurance companies can be intimidating to deal with and can also use different strategies to try to detour you from giving you the compensation you need to recover. When you file a claim they can immediately just deny your claim and not give you the chance to fight for coverage of your injuries.
If you were injured in a car accident, an experienced Tustin Car Accident Lawyer at Bisnar Chase can offer insight and provide answers to your questions. We do this through a free case review and you are under no obligation to choose us to represent you. Our motor vehicle collision attorneys goal is to help you take the right steps in getting your case handled properly so that you can get the settlement you deserve.
Please call 949-203-3814 and receive a free case analysis.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660