Tustin Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered severe injuries due to someone else's carelessness, contact the Tustin Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase. With 40 years of experience and a 96% success rate, our lawyers guarantee that if there is no win there is no fee.
Our passionate legal team works hard on your case so the only concern you have to have is recovering. Our law firm is fully equipped with a total of six top-notch lawyers and four litigation groups that have earned over $300 million dollars in wins for our clients.
Victims of personal injuries need attorneys who can help them inside and outside of the courtroom. A person involved in an accident should hire a highly-rated Tustin personal injury attorney if there is any chance on receiving maximum compensation for injuries and getting life back on track.
If you or a loved one has endured serious injuries from a car crash or a slip and fall call 949-203-3814 and receive a free consultation for your injury case.
How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury is when a victim has undergone immense pain and suffering due to a third party's negligence. The process of where to begin when filing a personal injury claim is difficult to navigate through. There are steps that can help guide you through this process.
Establish If an Insurance Company Will Cover the Damages
After a car crash it is strongly suggested that you find out whether or not the negligent driver has insurance. This is important because it will verify whether or not you will be awarded any compensation for your damages. If the driver does not have any insurance or any income for that matter there would not be much to collect in terms of losses.
Determining Whether or Not to File a Personal Injury Claim
If the driver's insurance company is not proceeding immediately to follow up on your claim it is recommended that you file a personal injury suit. An important detail to ask about is the statue of limitations regarding personal injuries in your state. Many states have a standard limited amount of time regarding filing a suit. In California, an accident victim has up to two year to file their personal injury claim.
Finding a Lawyer who is Right for You
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of attorneys within your region. Finding the right one to represent you can be a challenging process. It may be in your best interest to ask your friends for a recommendation. If you are searching online for a personal injury lawyers in Tustin here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do they have a list of cases that they have recently handled?
- Is helpful information posted on their web sites?
- Do they have client reviews? What are their clients saying about them?
- Do they offer free consultations?
The best way to hire an injury attorney is by scheduling a meeting and talking face to face. This way you can decide if this particular law firm is a good fit for you.
5 Types of Personal Injury Cases
The way in which a personal injury victim can benefit from filing a claim is being able to gain compensation for damages such as lost wages and medical bills. There are several kinds of personal injury suits that many people do not know they can claim. Determining the type of case is important for you and your lawyer to better understand what the outcome would be for your legal dispute.
5 commonly known types of personal injury legal cases:
1. Motor Vehicle Accident: Over six million people are involved in car accidents every year in the United States. Studies also show that results can be deadly. Experts say that the best car accident prevention lies in paying attention, not speeding and relying on a seat belt for safety.
2. Slip, Trips and Falls: It may seem insignificant but victims of slip and falls can suffer from broken bones or from a traumatic brain injury. The number one cause of slip, trips and falls is due to slippery or uneven floors. About 55% of people experience severe injuries from walking on slippery surfaces, potholes in the parking lot or staircases that have not been constructed well.
3. Dog Bites: The majority of dog bite victims are unfortunately children. The size of a child makes them vulnerable and the dog may believe it has a greater chance of victory in an attack. Professionals say that if you encounter a dog that looks dangerous do not start running, this will signal to the dog that you are prey.
5. Wrongful Death: If a family member or loved one dies due to a property owner's or employer's negligence this can be considered a wrongful death. Family members such as children or spouses can claim a wrongful death. If the deceased does not leave behind a surviving member of family then a domestic partner or dependent can file a wrongful death claim.
What Damages Can I Be Compensated For?
Most losses are easy to determine the cost of such as medical bills and property damage. What is not easy to determine though is the losses that a crash or slip and fall victim emotionally or mentally faces after an accident. For example, if a person faces deep depression after an accident it is difficult to indicate how long and what kind of therapy the victim will need.
The purpose of compensating a victim after they have experienced severe injuries is so the person, in the court's eyes is made "whole" again, meaning that the plaintiff is financially covered for the damages.
Types of damages an accident injury victim can be awarded:
- Medical care
- Lost wages
- Emotional pain and suffering such as post traumatic stress disorder and depression
- Property damages
- Loss of consortium (negative repercussions a plaintiff will face with their spouse whether it be companionship or being able to possess a sexual relationship)
Common Injuries Suffered in an Accident
Traumatic Brain Injuries and Head Wounds
The most frequent injury experienced is harm to the head and brain. In a vehicle accident, the injury is brought upon by the head slamming against the steering wheel. Brain injuries can range from a minor concussion to severe internal bleeding. Medical attention is required immediately so that you may follow up and understand how to treat a head injury after the incident.
If an accident victim endures serious trauma to the body this can result in internal bleeding. Internal bleeding is when blood vessels inside of the body are ripped apart due to a great force that the body has experienced. If the bleeding progresses serious precautions must be taken such as surgery.
Spinal Cord Damage
Each year over 12,500 people are diagnosed with spinal cord injuries. The leading causes of spinal cord injuries are car accidents and falls. If the spine is ruptured it can lead to a person being immobile or worse, paralyzed.
Superior Legal Representation for You
Our Tustin personal injury lawyers have been assisting victims since 1978, and have done so with honesty and professionalism. The law firm of Bisnar Chase is passionate about obtaining justice for injury victims and have instilled their mission in every one of their staff members.
Do not settle for an attorney without experience and proven results.
The experienced Tustin personal injury attorneys at Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of representing seriously injured victims and their families. We specialize in personal injury cases. Our goal is to provide quality legal representation to our clients and help them achieve the best possible outcome.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury as a result of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing please contact us at call 949-203-3814, Monday- Friday 8 a.m.-5 pm and receive a free comprehensive case evaluation.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660