Tustin Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you have suffered an injury due to a pedestrian accident, the
Tustin pedestrian accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase are
here to help. Pursuing financial compensation for your losses can be a
difficult process. The attorneys of Bisnar Chase are to make winning
compensation for your losses easy.
Since 1978, the law firm of Bisnar Chase has been representing clients who have endured pain and suffering from pedestrian accidents. With a 99% success rate, we have won over $650 Million in compensation for accident victims.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a pedestrian incident our personal injury lawyers will fight for you.
Call 949-203-3814 and receive a free consultation.
Liability for a Tustin, CA Pedestrian Accident
In order to prove liability, a pedestrian victim must show that they have
suffered serious physical or emotional injuries or dmages. There are a few
important questions to keep in mind to make your claim successful.
Important Questions to Ask When Filing an Orange County Accident Claim
- Were you legally crossing the road at the time of the crash?
- Were you in a crosswalk or at an intersection?
- Did the driver strike you while committing a traffic violation?
The answers to these types of questions will likely affect the outcome of your accident case. A skilled Tustin pedestrian accident lawyer can help you obtain fair compensation for your losses and help hold the at-fault party accountable.
Questions that Insurance Companies Will Ask You
Once you have made an accident claim, insurance companies and the defense's legal team will be wanting specific details over the circumstances of your pedestrian accident. Investigators assigned to your claim will carefully look at when and where the pedestrian or motor vehicle accident took place.
Factors Investigators Will Inquire About:
- Were you in a crosswalk or at an intersection at the time of the collision? Under California Law Vehicle Code section 21950: "The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection."
- Did you have the right of way? Pedestrians are required to cross only in designated areas. However, drivers have the responsibility to exercise due care and caution, especially in areas where there are pedestrians. For example, a driver who strikes a pedestrian while exceeding the posted speed limit could be held liable for the accident, even if the pedestrian was walking outside of a marked crosswalk.
- Why was the driver unable to avoid the collision? Unless you were running quickly across traffic, it is reasonable to assume that an alert and defensive driver should have been able to avoid the collision. Therefore, it must be determined why the accident occurred.
- Did the driver commit a traffic violation? For example, did the driver run a red light? Did he or she run a stop sign or make an illegal or unsafe turn?
In some cases, a dangerous roadway or intersection may also cause or contribute to an injury pedestrian accident. In such cases, the city or governmental agency responsible for maintaining the roadway can also be held liable. Any personal injury claim against a governmental agency must be properly filed within six months of an incident in the state of California.
Common Causes of Tustin Crosswalk Accidents
Recent data has indicated that the population in Tustin, CA is 79,795. With so many people in the city, it is inevitable that crosswalk accidents will occur. Pedestrians can suffer from injuries ranging from internal bleeding, traumatic head injuries, bone fractures, partial or complete paralysis, and can even lose their life.
The California Department of Public Health states that within 7 year period, "One-fifth (21%) of total persons killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians. "
Below are common causes along with precautions that you can take to avoid being an accident victim.
- Drivers not paying attention: About 330,000 accidents have taken place due to a driver texting and driving. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, most of the victims who suffer from pedestrian incidents involve children and the elderly. One way to prevent yourself from being injured is making sure you make eye contact with the driver first before crossing.
- Speeding: Speed limits are there to protect drivers and pedestrians alike. The NHSTA reports that thousands of people die every year due to drivers speeding. The best way to avoid being hit by a speeding driver is by taking a moment to look before you cross.
- Alcohol-Related Incidents: Unfortunately there are drivers who are very irresponsible and choose to drive after cosuming alcohol. A significant amount of pedestrians loose their lives due to negligent drivers in DUI car accidents or trucking accidents. The number one thing a pedestrian can do to avoid being hit by a driver under the influence is to pay attention.
Trust Our Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
The Tustin Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at Bisnar Chase have over 40 years of experience in protecting the rights of injured victims and their families.
We can help victims claim compensation for damages including medical bills, loss of wages, cost of hospitalization, rehabilitation and other related damages.
If you have been injured or are interested in filing a wrongful death claim on the behalf of your loved one, please call 949-203-3814 for free legal advice from a top-rated personal injury law expert.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660