Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury due to a pedestrian accident, the Tustin
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase are here to help. Pursuing financial compensation
for your losses can stem as a difficult process. The attorneys of Bisnar Chase are to make winning compensation for your losses easy.
Since 1978, the law firm of Bisnar Chase has been representing clients who have endured pain and suffering from a pedestrian accident. With a 96% rate, we have gained over $500 Million in wins for accident victims.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a pedestrian incident our Tustin pedestrian accident attorneys will fight for you. Call 949-203-3814 and receive a free case analysis.
Proving Liability in Pedestrian Accident Cases
In order to prove negligence, a pedestrian victim must prove that they have suffered major injuries or have experienced serious damages to their emotional and mental health. There are a few
important questions to keep in mind to make your claim successful.
Important Questions to Ask When Filing an Accident Claim
- Were you legally crossing the road at the time of the crash?
- Were you in a crosswalk or at an intersection?
- Did the driver strike you while committing a traffic violation?
The answers to these types of questions will likely affect the outcome of your claim. A skilled Tustin pedestrian accident lawyer can help you obtain fair compensation for your losses and help hold the at-fault party accountable.
What the Opposing Party Will be Asking You
Once you have made an accident claim, insurance companies and the defenses legal team will be wanting specific details when you are claiming charges in a pedestrian accident. Investigators assigned to your accident will carefully look at when and where the accident took place.
4 Factors Investigators Will Inquire About:
1. Were you in a crosswalk or at an intersection at the time of the collision? Under California Vehicle Code section 21950: "The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection."
2. Did you have the right of way? Pedestrians are required to cross only in designated areas. However, drivers have the responsibility to exercise due care and caution especially in areas where there are pedestrians. For example, a driver who strikes a pedestrian while exceeding the posted speed limit could be held liable for the accident even if the pedestrian was walking outside of a marked crosswalk.
3. Why was the driver unable to avoid the collision? Unless you were running quickly across traffic, it is reasonable to assume that an alert and defensive driver should have been able to avoid the collision. Therefore, it must be determined why the accident occurred.
4. Did the driver commit a traffic violation? For example, did the driver run a red light? Did he or she run a stop sign or make an illegal or unsafe turn?
In some cases, a dangerous roadway or intersection may also cause or contribute to an injury pedestrian accident. In such cases, the city or governmental agency responsible for maintaining the roadway can also be held liable. Any personal injury claim against a governmental agency must be properly filed within six months of an incident.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Most pedestrian accidents occur because of the drivers failure to pay attention or precautions for safety. Pedestrians can suffer from injuries ranging from a sprained ankle or even loosing their life. In one year over 5,000 people were killed in a pedestrian-related accident and every year 15 people are either severely injured or die as a result as well.
Below are common causes along with precautions that you can take to avoid being an accident victim.
Drivers not paying attention: About 330,000 accidents have taken place due to a driver texting and driving. One way to prevent yourself from being injured is making sure you make eye contact with driver first before crossing.
Speeding: Speed limits are there to protect drivers and pedestrians alike. According to NHSTA over 9,000 people have died due to a driver speeding. The best way to avoid being hit by a speeding driver is by taking a moment to look before you cross.
Drunk drivers: Unfortunately there are drivers who have been very irresponsible with alcohol consumption and operating a vehicle. A significant amount of pedestrians loose their lives due to a drunk driver. The number one thing a pedestrian can do to avoid being hit by a driver under the influence is to pay attention.
Top-Rated Legal Representation
The experienced Tustin pedestrian accident lawyers at our firm have a long and successful track record of protecting the rights of injured victims and their families. We can help victims claim compensation for damages including medical expenses, loss of wages, cost of hospitalization, rehabilitation and other related damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident in Tustin, please call 949-203-3814 for a free case analysis and speak with an experienced Tustin pedestrian accident lawyer.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660