Newport Beach Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury, you should contact Bisnar Chase to speak to our expert Newport Beach brain injury lawyers.
We know how serious a brain injury can be. Whether a victim has suffered a concussion in a car accident or hit their head in a slip-and-fall accident, the effects can be severe. A brain injury victim can be left facing serious pain, or even permanent and life-altering side effects.
The Newport Beach brain injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase are dedicated to making sure brain injury victims get the compensation they deserve. We offer expert guidance through a free consultation, as well as a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee, enabling anyone to seek justice.
Contact our personal injury lawyers now – call (949) 203-3814 for immediate help or click the button below.
Why Should You Hire a Newport Beach Brain Injury Lawyer?
The main reason to hire a Newport Beach brain injury lawyer is that it’s the best way to get justice and make sure you are compensated for your injury.
Suffering a brain injury can dramatically alter your life. In some cases, the injury will be temporary, and you might be left dealing with pain and other symptoms for a few days or weeks. Symptoms from other brain injuries can last for months or years, with some even leaving victims battling symptoms for the rest of their lives. In extreme cases, a personal injury involving the brain can even prove fatal.
In cases involving personal injury and wrongful death, you should consult with legal help. If you were harmed due to the negligence of another person or company, you should consider hiring a Newport Beach brain injury attorney.
While you focus on your health, a high-quality brain injury lawyer will be able to fight for your rights. At Bisnar Chase, our attorneys are passionate about holding wrongdoers and negligent people responsible when their actions have serious consequences.
If you have suffered a brain injury, hire a head injury lawyer in Newport Beach to help ease the weight on your shoulders. Your attorney will be able to build a strong case and give you the best chance of success.
Types of Brain Injury
The Newport Beach brain injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase are experienced in taking on all kinds of personal injury cases, from minor injuries to catastrophic harm and wrongful death.
When it comes to damage to the brain, it is important to remember that the term ‘brain injury’ covers a huge range of harm. Knowing what type of injury you have sustained is important when deciding how to approach a legal claim.
The following types are all traumatic brain injuries – caused by external sources and traumas:
- Concussions are caused by trauma to the brain, either from a direct impact to the head, or from a rapid movement which shakes the brain, such as a whiplash injury.
- A concussion is the most common form of brain injury.
- It can result in damage to the blood vessels and nerves in the brain, as well as brain bleeding or swelling.
- Some concussions heal within a week without any symptoms developing. Others can leave a victim struggling for months or years.
- This is a term describing a bruise on the brain.
- Contusions are usually caused by a physical impact to the head.
- Contusions can cause bleeding in the brain and may require surgery to facilitate recovery.
- Penetration refers to brain injuries caused by objects being forced into the brain.
- This form of brain injury most commonly occurs from gunshot and stabbing wounds – a bullet or knife impacting the skull might push skin, bone, and other fragments into the brain.
Lesser Known Types of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Coup-Contrecoup – Dual harm, with injuries occurring on both sides of the brain. This happens when one side of the brain is hit by an impact so hard that it causes the brain to move and hit the other side of the skull.
- Diffuse Axonal – Caused by violent shaking of the head and brain. Can cause nerve and structural tears, resulting in severe brain damage.
How Do Brain Injuries Happen in Newport Beach?
Brain injuries usually occur due to a powerful physical impact to the head, or rapid and violent movements which ‘shake’ the brain and cause it to hit the inside of the skull.
These are some of the most common everyday causes of brain injuries in and around Newport Beach:
- Vehicle accidents (including car crashes, motorbike accidents, truck accidents, accidents involving pedestrians, and more.)
- Sporting injuries
- Falls (such as a slip-and-fall accident resulting in the victim hitting their head)
- Being struck by a person or object
- Violent assaults
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries vary by age group.
Across the U.S., stats show that about 2.8 million people suffer brain injuries each year, including nearly 20,000 victims in California. The top cause of brain injuries is people falling, followed by object impacts and car accidents:
Symptoms of a Brain Injury
There is an extremely wide range of symptoms that you might experience if you have suffered a brain injury in Newport Beach. They can include everything from physical side effects to mental issues.
Brain injury symptoms can include:
- Weakness and a loss of balance
- Problems with speech and language
- Impaired vision
- Loss of impulse control
- Memory issues
- A difficulty concentrating
- Reduced ability to reason and process information
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
These are just some of the major and life-altering impacts that a brain injury can have on a person. Some of these symptoms might be temporary, but in other cases, they could be long-lasting or even permanent.
These symptoms can turn a person’s life upside down. Many brain injury victims lose the ability to work and live independently. This is why injury clients should turn to an experienced Newport Beach brain injury attorney for help. Contact us now and let us seek justice for you.
Brain Injury Claims in Newport Beach
The statute of limitations for a brain injury lawsuit in California will usually be two years. This means that a victim should file their claim within two years of the accident causing their injury.
It is important to remember that there are exceptions which will change the statute of limitations for some cases. It is best to contact a brain injury lawyer in Newport Beach as soon as possible to get the ball rolling on a legal claim.
Brain Injury Compensation in Newport Beach
What level of compensation can you expect if your brain injury lawsuit is successful? As with all personal injury claims, it will depend on your specific circumstances.
Typically, compensation will depend on some of the following factors:
- The level of pain and suffering endured.
- Medical bills and expenses.
- Lost earnings – if you have been unable to work.
- Loss of livelihood – if the brain injury is severe enough to stop you doing your chosen job.
- Rehab costs.
- Impact of paralysis or loss of brain function.
- Costs of care and equipment.
- Loss of relationships.
Provide your attorney with as much information as possible to help them build a strong legal case for you.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Brain Injury Lawyer Near You
When choosing the best Newport Beach brain injury lawyer for your case, there are several factors that you should take into account, from past results to resources and location.
At Bisnar Chase we pride ourselves on providing superior legal representation across Southern California. We have served Newport Beach – where our law offices are based – since 1978, and have more than 40 years of experience when it comes to successfully representing clients across the area. We serve the 92660, 92661, 92662 and 92663 areas, as well as those in surrounding cities looking for a nearby brain injury lawyer.
Bisnar Chase also has the resources to take on major injury cases. Our personal injury attorneys are adept at negotiating favorable settlements. But they are also highly effective trial lawyers and are ready to fight for justice in court when a case calls for it.
Our firm and lawyers have also received many awards through the years, including being recognized as Super Lawyers. In addition, Bisnar Chase offers a ‘No Win, No Fee’ guarantee to clients. This means that our firm will advance all reasonable costs relating to your case. If we don’t win, you will not have to pay us.
Superior Representation with Bisnar Chase
Our track record makes Bisnar Chase the perfect choice for people looking for the best brain injury attorneys in Newport Beach. We have a 96% success rate and have collected more than $650 million for our clients.
Beyond our courtroom skills, we pride ourselves in providing superior representation with a personal and compassionate touch. Our staff truly care about their clients and are dedicated to achieving the best result possible for them.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St., #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660