Seeking justice for the death of your loved one can be a stressful and complex process. Contact the experienced Westminster Wrongful Death Lawyers of Bisnar Chase today. We have well over 40 years of experience holding wrongdoers accountable and winning millions in compensation for the families who have lost someone at the hands of carelessness.
When you call the law offices of Bisnar Chase today you will receive a free consultation for your wrongful death claim.
Call 949-203-3814 to speak with one of our legal team experts.
Common Types of Compensation You Can Claim
No amount of compensation can replace the loss of a loved one, but a wrongful death claim can help a family recover from the financial hardships they may have to endure following a fatal accident. Wrongful death occurs when an individual has been killed as the result of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. Deaths resulting from impaired driving, medical malpractice, defective products and criminal acts are all considered wrongful deaths and the victim’s family may seek financial compensation for their tragic loss.
In addition, it is important that you understand the types of compensation that may be available as part of a Westminster wrongful death claim.
The following is a list of potential damages that may be included in a wrongful death claim reflects only a portion of what may be available:
- Medical bills: If the victim survived the accident long enough to require emergency services, surgical procedures or hospitalization, the resulting medical bills can be devastating to the victim’s family. The at-fault party responsible for the fatal injuries can be held accountable for the resulting medical bills.
- Funeral expenses: Even a small, family-only funeral in Westminster can be costly and add up to thousands of dollars. Funeral and burial expenses can be included in a wrongful death claim.
- Loss of income: Did the victim provide financial support to the claimant? A wrongful death claim should include the economic losses, lost wages due to the victim’s untimely death. During the claims process, the wages that the victim would have earned from the time of the accident until when they would have retired will need to be calculated. A Westminster wrongful death lawyer will be able to determine the amount of money the family has lost as a result of lost wages and benefits such as insurance coverage and pension.
- Loss of inheritance: Did the sudden and tragic passing of a loved one affect the amount of inheritance that the claimant would have received?
- Pain and suffering: If the victim survived the accident long enough to experience physical pain, emotional distress and loss that suffering can be included in a wrongful death claim. It is common for an attorney to research similar incidents when calculating how much compensation should be available for pain and suffering. Family members can also claim compensation for emotional distress.
- Loss of consortium: How do you put a price on the loss of love and the companionship of a beloved family member? This is an extremely challenging part of a wrongful death claim with which an experienced Westminster wrongful death attorney can determine for you.
Who Can File a Westminster Wrongful Death Claim?
Under California Law, the candidates who can file a wrongful death claim are the children, surviving spouse and the parents of the deceased. It is a mistake to assume that the party responsible for your loss will step forward to offer an adequate settlement without the pressure of civil litigation. When fault for the accident is clear, the insurance company responsible for the damages will likely offer an inadequate settlement to make the case go away.
When the victim’s family accepts a settlement, they will no longer be able to pursue further compensation for their losses. Therefore, no one should accept an offer from an insurance company without first discussing their case with an experienced Westminster wrongful death lawyer. When the insurance company denies a claim or refuses to offer fair compensation, the victim’s family may have to pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim.
Civil lawsuits can be stressful and time consuming, but they are often necessary to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
Questions to Ask When Exploring Your Legal Options
If you have never sought out legal representation of any kind, searching for a lawyer for a wrongful death case can be daunting. Many doubts may come into play when it comes to cost and who you can turn to in your families time in need. There are a few key questions that you should keep in mind when meeting or when having a legal consultation over the phone.
What is the fee for a lawyer? Most of the time personal injury law firms operate on the basis of a contingency fee. A contingency fee states that if the attorneys are not successful at winning your case, you do not have to pay.
How much will I win? Many conflicts can arise in the court of law when deciding how much compensation you will receive. Your lawyer should estimate the cost that will be obtained from your family member dying. Compensation will depend on the amount of damages that you had accumulated as well.
Who should I choose? It is always important to research your lawyer prior to a consultation. The Westminster wrongful death attorneys of Bisnar Chase are not only dedicated to winning your case, but also want to provide you the best client lawyer relationship you could possible receive. Our legal team experts are on stand by to take any question or doubts you have concerning your case. Contact us at 949-203-3814 .
We Will Win You and Your Family Justice
The knowledgeable Westminster Wrongful Death Lawyers at Bisnar Chase can help the family that has lost a loved one understand their legal rights and options. The law firm of Bisnar Chase has held a 99% success rate in winning cases for injury victims. We will fight for you, your family and seek justice for the death of your loved one.
Please call contact us today at 949-203-3814 for a free case evaluation and to find out how we can help you.