Buena Park Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been seriously harmed in an accident, you may be wondering how to pursue financial compensation for your losses.
The award-winning Buena Park Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase are here to help you gain recovery for those losses. Victims of car accidents or pedestrian incidents are often left with substantial medical bills and other expenses.
A skilled accident attorney in Buena Park can help guide you through the complex process of a claim so you can spend your valuable time recovering from your injuries.
Our legal representation has won victims millions of dollars over the past 40 years.
Interested in speaking to an accident lawyer nearby 90620 area?
Contact us at 949-203-3814 to schedule a free consultation for your Buena Park accident today.
We also serve other Orange County areas such as Anaheim, Newport Beach and Garden Grove.
Our offices are open Monday-Friday from 8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
7 Common Types Of Buena Park Personal Injury Claims
After an accident you may be asking yourself questions like "do I need a personal injury lawyer?" or "when should I get an accident lawyer?"
There are a few aspects to consider before seeking help for your incident. The first question you should ask yourself though is if you have a personal injury case to begin with. A personal injury claim is categorized as a civil lawsuit. This means that an injury victim can hold a party accountable for the damages they have faced as a result of the accident. Personal injury cases often involve an act of negligence. You will have to prove that the defendant’s negligence directly caused your losses.
There are many kinds of personal injury law claims filed in Buena Park. Some of these claims include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Some of the most common accidents that take place in Orange County are car accidents. Drivers who operate a vehicle carelessly such as exceeding the speed limit may be held liable for negligence. Other examples of careless driving include running a red light, entering traffic without looking and failing to stop and yield to the right-a-way to a pedestrian. Motorists who exhibit a disregard for human life are likely to cause a devastating accident. Reckless driving may also involve someone who is driving drunk, street racing or swerving in and out of lanes.
- Premise liability: A premise liability claim involves people who are harmed due to unsafe conditions on another's property. All property owners are legally required to provide safe conditions for visitors, clients and residents. Examples of property owners being negligent can include a failure to provide fire alarms, to repair a damaged step, to keep the building up to code or to fix dangerous walkways. Types of premise liability claims can be swimming pool accidents, stairs collapsing or slip and falls. Premise liability cases do not always take place on someone else's property though. At times they may even occur in someone else's home.
- Defective products: In one year, over seven million dollars was awarded to victims of defective products. Product manufacturers are accountable for the damages their products cause under strict liability law. There are several parties that can be responsible for a product liability injury. These parties can include the designer of the product, the manufacturer, the transporter of the product or the place of sale. There are questions to keep in mind when filing a defective product claim. Is the product defective? Does it cause injuries even when used properly? Some of the most common defective products include prescription drugs, cars, auto parts, children’s toys, appliances and food products.
- Dog attacks: The state of California operates under a strict liability law which means that all dog owners are financially responsible for the physical and psychological damages that the dog bite victim has experienced. If you or someone you know has been bitten by a dog go to the emergency room immediately especially if the injury seems minor. At times, pet owners do not provide their animals with the necessary shots required to keep the dog disease-free. You do not want to put yourself at risk.
- Nursing home abuse: Neglect at a Buena Park nursing home may involve physical abuse, neglect, financial abuse or sexual abuse. These forms of neglect and criminal activity often go underreported and are tragically common. Seniors whose abuse goes unreported can fall victim to a wrongful death. The number one factor that makes elders more susceptible to elder abuse is isolation. Experts say to visit your loved one frequently and look out for any physical and emotional symptoms of abuse. Physical symptoms of elder neglect and abuse include broken bones, bed sores or any bruising of the body. Senior residents may also experience emotional abuse and exhibit symptoms such as depression, mood swings or being withdrawn.
- On-the-job injuries: According to the National Safety Council, over 4,414 work-related deaths occur every year. One of the most dangerous occupations that many fall victim to is occupations in the construction, transportation and warehousing industries. Employers have a duty to make sure their workers are safe on-the-job. If a worker is injured due to a product defect the victim can potentially file a claim against the product manufacturer. An employee that suffered multiple injuries in a work accident can be compensated for present and future lost wages or medical bills. How much you will receive for your injury case will rely on the severity of your injuries. If you have experienced a personal injury in Buena Park contacting a accident lawyer will give you better insight into how much you can receive in compensation.
- Pedestrian accidents: In one year, 5,987 pedestrians were killed by motor vehicles. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention states that drivers who drive under the influence have a greater chance of causing a pedestrian collision. It was also reported that 48% of pedestrian deaths were a result of a driver being intoxicated. Buena Park, California is no stranger to alcohol-related pedestrian incidents though. In fact, many of the pedestrians who are hit are either critically injured or die on impact. The Orange County Register reported that pedestrian, Esteban Valdovinoz-Diaz was hit by a drunk driver in the city of Buena Park. Diaz was first transferred to a hospital where he died due to the severe injuries he experienced. He was 28 years old.
Buena Park Amusement Park Injuries
When Orange County families travel to an amusement park like Knotts Berry Farm they travel with the intention of having a safe and fun time. Amusement park injuries such as slip and falls are very common and can lead to serious injuries. Many have also experienced great bodily harm due to a mechanical error on a ride.
Medieval times is also a popular attraction in Buena Park. Visitors can watch re-enactments of knights battling and princesses being rescued from a villain. In one of those re-enactments though, a man had been partially blinded by one of the knight's swords by just sitting in the front row.
Another park has seen it's fair share of accidents over the years is Disneyland. Reports say that nine people have lost their lives at the theme park and many have been critically injured as well. What is more shocking is that most of the people that are injured are workers at the theme park.
Liability for these injuries can fall on several entities which can include amusement park employees or the manufacturer of a ride. Government regulations are strictly enforced to ensure the safety of theme-park goers.
Negligent Security in Orange County
Downtown Buena Park, otherwise known as the Buena Park Place is an enclosed mall where many local residents come to purchase items such as clothing or food. When OC residents walk around or even grab a bite to eat they trust that they are not only safe but that their belongings are also protected. Many think that if their car is broken into at a shopping mall they are solely to blame.
In reality though, there are measures that security at the shopping mall could have taken to prevent the acts of theft and property damage. Negligent security involves property owners failing to make sure their visitor's personal property and the visitors themselves are safe. Acts can be thoroughly investigated by local authorities such as the Buena Park Police Department. If the local authorities confirm that the incident could have been prevented then that visitor or attendee can file negligent security claim.
Why You Shouldn't Trust the Insurance Companies
After an accident, it is standard for the other party's insurance company to reach out to you. The main goal of an insurance company is to give as little compensation as possible. Insurance companies do not have your best interest and most likely will offer you an amount that will not cover the costs for all of the damages.
If you do end up speaking to the negligent parties insurance company do not admit fault to the accident under no circumstances.
The Buena Park personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase have taken on the toughest insurance companies and continue to fight for the compensation injury victims deserve. We have won over $650 million dollars in recovery for our clients. We operate under a contingency fee basis, so if we don't win you don't have to pay.
Contact one of Bisnar Chase's best personal injury lawyers in California for a free case analysis at 949-203-3814.
What Can I Receive for My Buena Park Personal Injury Case?
Victims of accidents usually end up with multiple injuries and can lose out on steady income due to taking time off of work to recover. Often times, they struggle with these financial burdens, not to mention the emotional turmoil of healing from serious injuries. In such cases, a skilled personal injury lawyer in Buena Park may be able to guide you through a complex process so you can spend your valuable time recovering from your injuries instead of jumping through hoops.
A knowledgeable accident attorney will also be able to put you in an advantageous position where you can win the maximum compensation for the injuries, damages and losses you have sustained.
Types of costs or losses you can be compensated for:
- Medical treatment: In your personal injury claim you can not only receive compensation for your present medical bills but also for the future medical expenses. For example, in some car accidents, a victim may be partially or completely disabled. He/ she may need round-the-clock care, medical equipment such as a wheelchair or continually physical therapy.
- Pain and suffering: Receiving compensation for pain and suffering can be difficult. Overall, pain and suffering can be difficult to determine. You can claim physical and mental pain and suffering. Physical pain and suffering is easier to prove because there can be tangible evidence to support this claim. Mental pain and suffering can be proven with documentation from a therapist or psychologist.
- Present and future wages: At times when a person is involved in a collision, work accident or dog bite incident they can be out of work for weeks or even months at a time. If a victim is not able to provide for themselves and their families daily expenses such as groceries can be overwhelming. Speak to a personal injury attorney in Buena Park to obtain a better understanding of what you and your family can receive for your case.
“…if you've been in an accident you need to hire a lawyer because they will represent your interests far better… we can typically maximize recovery for you or your loved one without having to drag it on for years and years.” – Orange County personal injury attorney, Brian Chase
Our Buena Park Personal Injury Lawyers Will Fight for You
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, the experienced Buena Park personal injury attorneys at Bisnar Chase will be able to help you better understand your legal rights and options. Injured victims can seek compensation from at-fault parties for damages.
Looking for top-rated personal injury lawyers nearby?
Our law firm has 40 years of experience representing clients who have undergone horrific injury accidents.
If you are seeking legal representation nearby the 90620 area contact us at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation for your personal injury case.