If you find yourself in an accident, you will need to find superior representation to ensure you get the justice you deserve. Our Buena Park bicycle accident lawyers are here to handle every part of your personal injury claim.
Bike riders exercising due care and still involved in an incident can pursue financial compensation for their losses by filing a claim against any negligent parties.
The experienced bike crash attorneys of Bisnar Chase can help you or your loved one hold the negligent parties accountable for any damages, losses, and injuries while maximizing the value of your case.
For immediate help with a bicycle crash injury, call 949-203-3814 for a free case evaluation.
Table of Contents
Facts About Bicycle Accidents in Southern California
Bicycle collisions happen every day and people who live in heavily populated areas have an increased chance of being involved in a bike accident. According to Bike and Walk Alliancemore than 45,000 people are hurt in bicycle wrecks every year. Los Angeles is one of the most dangerous cities for bike riders, while Orange County also carries extreme road risks. Cyclists in Buena Park need to be aware of their surroundings at all times.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that 30 % of collision incidents involving cyclists were associated with inattentive driving, such as when a motorist is texting and driving.
What Drivers Need To Be Aware Of
It is the responsibility of all car drivers to yield the right of way to bicyclists as they would to other vehicles. Sadly, many drivers fail to even notice bicycle riders before it is too late. Many motorists often forget that they share the road with bicyclists and that bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as drivers of other vehicles, under California law. There are several safety measures motorists can take in order to avoid devastating bicycle accidents:
- Slow down in residential areas: Many tragic bicycle accidents involve children who are riding their bikes. Whenever you are traveling through a residential neighborhood, it is important to keep an eye out for children who may be riding their bikes. Going at a safe speed and remaining vigilant will increase your ability to stop in time to avoid a tragic collision.
- Remain attentive: Many collisions with bicyclists involve drivers who are looking at their phone, speaking to a passenger, or driving with their hands off the wheel. Do not allow yourself to drive while distracted. It is just too dangerous. If you need to use your phone, find a safe place to pull over first.
- Give riders plenty of space: Bicyclists are supposed to ride on the far right side of traffic, but they often have to veer left to avoid parked cars, debris, dangerous road conditions, and other hazards. Giving a bicyclist plenty of space when passing them on the left can help prevent a collision.
- Check twice before turning or entering traffic: Many Orange County bike crash incidents involve a driver who has entered traffic without properly yielding the right of way to approaching bicycle riders. It is also necessary to check behind the vehicle before making a right or left turn.
- Look for bicyclists at night: There are many signs that a bicyclist may be nearby when riding late at night. You may notice a reflective pedal or bicycle light long before you can actually see the bicyclist. Never drive while fatigued and stay attentive.
How Much is a Bike Accident Injury Claim Worth?
The first step to take after you have been involved in a bicycle wreck is to contact your insurance company and make an accident claim. From there you will be assigned an adjuster who will then negotiate with the negligent party’s insurance company.
There are instances where an insurance company will not cover all of the expenses for the medical bills that you have accumulated. If you are not comfortable with the amount that is offered to you and believe you deserve more, call a bicycle accident lawyer in Buena Park.
There is not a typical amount that injury victims receive in a bike collision case. The compensation that you could collect for your accident in Buena Park is dependent on your circumstances. For example, compensation could cover medical expenses or wages that you have lost out on while injured.
Speak to a personal injury attorney to obtain legal advice on what you can win for your bike wreck case.
5 Tips for Buena Park Bike Riders
Buena Park is a highly trafficked area in Orange County. It sets up against both Anaheim and Cypress which gives way to a lot of thru traffic from surrounding cities. Buena Park is a small city, similar in size to La Palma. Small cities such as these tend to be highly congested with a large portion of traffic traveling through to other areas.
Thousands of bike crashes occur in Orange County each year in which many are injured or even killed. There are a number of steps that bicyclists and car drivers can take to avoid being involved in these potentially devastating collisions.
It is also important that cyclists practice safe riding habits:
- Wear bright clothing: Bicyclists should make sure that they are seen at all times. They should wear something that is bright and reflective especially at night when visibility is lower.
- Make eye contact: Make eye contact with car drivers before entering an intersection. It is never safe to assume that they see you or that they will properly yield the right of way.
- Use hand signals: Letting motorists know about your intentions can help them avoid striking you.
- Obey traffic control devices: Many bike riders try to save time by breezing through stop signs and red lights. Bicyclists must obey the same traffic laws as motorists. Failure to do so can result in devastating collisions.
- Stay to the right: It is safe for cyclists to remain all the way to the right of the roadway.
What to Do if you have been Injured in Buena Park
If you have been hurt in a bike crash, please do not hesitate to call the experienced Buena Park Bicycle Accident Lawyers. We will analyze all aspects of the case and ensure that your legal rights and best interests are protected.
You should work with a bike accident attorney who has extensive experience handling personal injury cases in Buena Park. Not all personal injury attorneys are equal. The bicycle accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase have the experience, resources, and skill to make the most of your case.
We have a 99% success rate and have won more than $700 million for our clients. But our successes go beyond the numbers. Our team members are compassionate and supportive, offering the superior representation you need after an accident.
We help injured victims seek compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and much more.
Call Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys to obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights.
We have can meet you at your location in or around Orange County, including Buena Park.
Contact us at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation.