If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, hiring a Buena Park truck accident lawyer can be a critical decision that could change the course of your life. Our truck crash attorneys have a 99% success rate and can maximize the value of your case, ensuring that you get the justice you deserve.
Truck accidents can be deadly. Big rigs, tankers, and other massive haulers are large and heavy vehicles that can do serious damage in the event of a crash. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury in a truck wreck, we are here to help.
At Bisnar Chase, we take pride in offering superior representation to clients across Orange County and throughout California. If you have suffered an injury in or around Buena Park, our personal injury lawyers have the skill, experience, and resources to ensure you are fairly compensated.
Call 949-203-3814 or use our website contact form for a free consultation and no win, no fee guidance from our top-rated truck accident attorneys.
Buena Park Truck Accident Resources
Why Truck Accidents Take Place
There are various reasons why semi-truck collisions, big rig crashes, and 18-wheeler wrecks occur. Some of these reasons involve driver negligence, while the fault sometimes belongs to the truck manufacturer. Whatever the reason, drivers should understand that 18-wheelers and other large trucks need to be operated with great care.
Common causes of truck accidents in or near Buena Park include:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers are required by law to take rest breaks and meal breaks. This is not always the case, though. Many big-rig drivers have strict deadlines they need to meet in regards to transporting goods from point A to point B. When these drivers miss these deadlines, they are not only costing the company its reputation but companies can also be fined if a driver is late delivering supplies to the warehouse. Due to these pressures, drivers do not take the recommended breaks to rest and often fall asleep at the wheel.
- Inattentive driving: When operating an 18-wheeler it is continuously stressed to drivers that they always pay attention to the road, especially if they are driving in congested areas. Big rigs weigh thousands of pounds which makes it harder to stop right away. Distracted driving actions that could cause a fatal collision include texting, eating, driving under the influence, or trying to adjust the navigation system. If an emergency situation takes place, truckers are to safely pull over to the side of the road to prevent any injuries.
- Poorly maintained truck: Auto defects are unfortunately very common in big 18-wheelers. Many truck companies try to cut corners when it comes to expenses. These expenses can involve continuous maintenance, and if not checked often, parts that can frequently break down are the truck engine, tires, or brakes. If one of these vehicle parts is not properly maintained, then the company can be legally accountable for an incident. Truck companies have the responsibility to make sure their drivers are safe and must take precautions to do so.
- Bad weather conditions: Many truckers may be frustrated when they can not meet a deadline due to poor weather conditions. Some drivers may even push through the bad weather to meet a deadline successfully. They can be putting themselves and others at risk, though, if they try to push through a heavy storm. Truckers should refrain from driving in weather conditions such as fog, heavy snow, rain, and even wind. Wind, if strong enough, can cause a tremendous amount of movement for a semi-truck due to its large surface area creating significant resistance.
- Speeding: Truck drivers must adhere to the rules of the road and proceed with extra caution due to the size of the big rig. Truckers do not have the luxury of stopping immediately if need be. An 18-wheeler takes longer to stop and if the driver is speeding, the chances of hitting another vehicle can increase substantially. Another reason why truckers should avoid speeding is due to the cargo swerving. The truck cargo swerving can cause the semi to jackknife and hit vehicles behind them.
California Truck Crashes Happen Frequently
Over a single year, statistics show that over 4,000 truck accidents typically occur across the United States. In California alone, an estimated 300 fatalities occur due to semi-truck accidents.
To prevent an 18-wheeler collision, truckers must have proper training and drive a truck with caution. Truckers can avoid being in an accident if they do not try to beat a light, pay close attention when they are turning, and are not distracted when operating the truck.
Steps to Take After a Truck Incident in Buena Park
If you were involved in a semi-truck accident, you might find yourself in a state of confusion and distress. You may be surrounded by incoming traffic and not know who to turn to for help. You can take steps to ease the situation so you and others can stay safe and begin the legal process after a truck collision.
These steps include:
Call for help and stay at the scene of the accident: It is illegal to leave the scene of an accident even if you were not the person at fault. Stay at the scene of the incident and immediately call the police. Once contacted, the authorities will send out an ambulance.
Several vital pieces of evidence must be obtained and secured after a truck accident. Examples of such evidence include the vehicle itself, driver logs, vehicle maintenance logs, police and eyewitness reports, etc. You also need a lawyer on your side right away because insurance companies work hard to ensure that the value of your claim is minimized.
Speak to your insurance provider: Speaking to your insurer after an accident is often an important step. However, we recommend doing so after first speaking to a lawyer. Even when fully insured against auto accidents, you may still be short-changed after an accident. Victims of truck accidents may still not receive the total compensation needed to cover their losses without knowing how to build a solid and compelling case.
If you were involved in a truck accident in or near Buena Park, turn to a skilled and experienced Orange County law firm such as Bisnar Chase that can help you navigate your claim.
Contact a truck accident lawyer in Buena Park: You need a lawyer on your side as soon as possible. What’s the rush? Any personal injury case depends on the quality of evidence that is there to support your case. The sooner you hire a skilled lawyer to help you in your case, the more you increase the likelihood of recovering just compensation for your losses.
They will try to make offers that may seem like a quick resolution. Often, these offers do little or no justice to the losses the victim has suffered. Please do not enter into any such agreement until you have consulted your Buena Park truck accident lawyer.
Qualities Your Buena Park Truck Accident Lawyer Should Have
How do you know which truck accident attorney is the best? You need a lawyer who is an expert on truck accident cases, with years of experience handling claims like yours. The best truck accident lawyers are constantly equipping themselves with knowledge about truck accident laws and changes in the trucking industry. Important qualities include:
- Experience with cases similar to yours
- Trial experience
- A strong track record
- Offering a free consultation
- No win, no fee promise
- Experience with collisions and auto defects
- Longevity and trustworthiness
Bisnar Chase was established in 1978 and has more than four decades of experience handling crash cases. We have a 99% success rate and have successfully helped more than 12,000 clients. Let us help you too.
Contact Our Truck Accident Attorneys in Buena Park
The experienced Buena Park truck accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase have established a sterling reputation in the Orange County community as lawyers who not only get results but are also committed professionals who care about their clients and continually give back. We tirelessly fight for the rights of injured victims and their families.
Contact the law firm of Bisnar Chase for a free case evaluation at 949-203-3814.