Buena Park Truck Accident Attorney
If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, hiring a Buena Park Truck Accident Lawyer can be a critical decision that could change the course of your life.
If you are using an Internet search engine such as Google to look for a truck accident lawyer, you will probably come across hundreds of Buena Park personal injury lawyers who will state with great authority that they handle truck accidents.
However, you need to find the best attorney who has the knowledge, skill, experience and the resources to handle your case. If you are looking for such a lawyer, here are a few tips that may help you find the right truck accident attorney.
Call 949-203-3814 for a free consultation or to discuss your case.
Why 18-Wheeler Accidents Take Place
There are various reasons why semi-truck collisions occur. Some of the reasons involve driver negligence or the fault of the accident can fall on the truck manufacturer. Whatever the reason may be, drivers should understand that 18-wheelers need to be operated with great care.
Reasons, why a big rig crash may take place, can include:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers are required by law to take rest breaks and meal breaks. This is not always the case though. Many big-rig drivers have strict deadlines they need to meet in regards to transporting goods from point A to point B. When these drivers miss these deadlines they are not only costing the company its reputation but companies can also be fined if a driver is late delivering supplies to the warehouse. Due to these pressures, drivers do not take the recommended breaks to rest and often fall asleep at the wheel.
- Inattentive driving: When operating an 18-wheeler it is continuously stressed to drivers that they always pay attention to the road, especially if they are driving in congested areas. Big rigs weigh thousands of pounds which makes it harder to stop right away. Distracted driving actions that could potentially cause a fatal collision can include texting, eating, driving under the influence, or trying to adjust the navigation system. If an emergency situation takes place truckers are to safely pull over to the side of the road to prevent any injuries.
- Poorly maintained truck: Auto defects are unfortunately very common in big 18-wheelers. Many truck companies try to cut corners when it comes to expenses. These expenses can involve continuous maintenance and if not checked often, parts that can frequently break down are the truck engine, tires or brakes. If one of these vehicle parts are not properly maintained then the company can be legally accountable for an incident. Truck companies have the responsibility to make sure their drivers are safe and must take precautions in order to do so.
- Bad weather conditions: Many truckers may find themselves frustrated when they can not meet a deadline due to poor weather conditions. Some drivers may even push through the bad weather in order to meet a deadline successfully. They can be putting themselves and others at risk though if they try to push through a heavy storm. Truckers should refrain from driving in weather conditions such as fog, heavy snow, rain and even wind. Wind, if strong enough can cause a semi-truck to fall on its side.
- Speeding: Truck drivers are to adhere to the rules of the road and need to proceed with extra caution due to the size of the big rig. Truckers do not have the luxury of stopping immediately if need be. An 18-wheeler takes longer to stop and if the driver is speeding the chances of hitting another vehicle can increase substantially. Another reason why truckers should avoid speeding is due to the cargo swerving. The truck cargo swerving can cause the semi to jackknife and hit vehicles that are behind them.
California Truck Crashes Happen Frequently
In one year, over 4,000 truck accidents took place across the United States. In California alone, an estimated amount of 300 fatalities took place due to semi-truck accidents. In order to prevent an 18-wheeler collision from happening truckers are to have proper training and drive a truck with caution. Truckers can avoid being in an accident if they do not try to beat a light, pay close attention when they are turning and are not distracted when operating the truck.
Steps to Take After a Truck Incident in Buena Park
If you were involved in a semi-truck accident you may find yourself in a state of confusion and distress. You may be surrounded by incoming traffic and do not know who to turn to for help. There are steps that you can take to ease the situation so you and others can stay safe and begin the legal process after a truck collision.
These steps include:
Call for help and stay at the scene of the accident: It is illegal to leave the scene of an accident even if you were not the person at fault. Stay at the scene of the incident and immediately call the police. Once contacted the authorities will send out an ambulance. There are a number of important pieces of evidence that must be obtained and secured after a truck accident. Examples of such evidence include the vehicle itself, driver logs, vehicle maintenance logs, police and eyewitness reports, etc. You also need a lawyer on your side right away because insurance companies work hard to ensure that the value of your claim is minimized.
Speak to your insurance provider: Even though your insurance provider has promised you with full coverage after a collision, most of the time this is not the case. Despite a truck accident victim providing an ample amount of evidence which confirms their catastrophic injuries, property damage and a police report of the wreck to their insurance company, victims may still not receive the full amount of compensation needed to cover their losses. Without knowledge of how to obtain compensation, it is difficult for a lawyer to represent you effectively. If you were involved in a truck accident in Buena Park, find a local lawyer who has plenty of knowledge about local courts, judges and juries.
Contact a truck accident lawyer in Buena Park: You need a lawyer on your side as soon as possible. What’s the rush? Any personal injury case depends on the quality of evidence that is there to support your case. The sooner you hire a skilled lawyer to help you in your case, the more you increase the likelihood of recovering just compensation for your losses. They will try to make offers that may seem like a quick resolution. Often, these offers do little or no justice to the losses the victim has suffered. Please do not enter into any such agreement until you have consulted your Buena Park truck accident lawyer.
Qualities Your Buena Park Truck Accident Lawyer Should Have
How do you know which truck accident attorney is the best? You need a lawyer who is an expert on truck accident cases. The best truck accident lawyers are constantly equipping themselves with knowledge about truck accident laws and changes in the trucking industry.
Once you have established the attorney’s expertise in handling truck accident cases, it would be a good idea to determine if he or she has handled cases exactly like yours. For example, if you were catastrophically injured in a truck accident where a sheet of metal flew off the truck and hit your vehicle, then, you want to look for an attorney who has gone after the trucking company in a case just like that one.
We Have the Experience You Need
The experienced Buena Park Truck Accident Lawyers at Bisnar Chase have established a sterling reputation in the Orange County community as lawyers who not only get results but also as committed professionals who care about the community and continually give back. We tirelessly fight for the rights of injured victims and their families.
Contact the Law Firm of Bisnar Chase for a free case evaluation at 949-203-3814.