California Garbage Truck Accident Attorneys
Garbage trucks across California provide a great service to the citizens that live in this great state. However, accidents happen more often than not, and when they do happen, it is important to
be prepared and know how to act in these situations.
If you are here for information what to do if you have been involved in a California garbage truck accident, please continue to read the information below. If, however, you or your loved have been injured in a California trash truck accident, we urge you to call 800-561-4887 now to receive immediate legal help from one of our highly skilled truck accident lawyers.
Common Causes of Garbage Truck Accidents
There are many factors that can become a catalysis for a garbage truck accident, however, so of the most common causes include:
- Reckless Driving
- Defective Car Parts
- Deteriorated Public Roads
- Under-trained Truck Drivers
- Extreme Weather Conditions
- Traffic Violations
Dump Truck Crashes in California
Garbage & dump trucks are large, bulky, and loud. These dump trucks can also be difficult to maneuver, so if an unexperienced driver is behind the wheel, many drivers and pedestrians can be
put into harm’s way.
It is also important to note that if a California garbage truck driver is speeding, driving recklessly, or if the company that employs the driver under-trains that same driver and lets them drive, these are all counts of negligence and if you have been injured, you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries with the help of one of our experienced garbage truck accident lawyers
What to Do in a Dump Truck Accident
If you have found yourself in a garbage truck accident, it helps to be prepared and know how to handle the situation at hand to help yourself and any loved ones involved. If you are in a trash truck wreck, you should:
- Seek Medical Attention – the health of you, your loved ones and anyone else involved in the dump truck accident. If injuries are minor, it may first be helpful to gain the contact information of the driver(s) involve as well as take some picture of the accident scene. If, however, someone has sustained major injuries (penetrating wounds, broken bones, major bleeding, etc.) call 911 immediately.
- Obtain contact info – As stated above, if you are physically able to and no one has been critically injured, obtain the contact information of all person(s) involved as well as any eyewitnesses involved.
- Obtain evidence – In the modern world, everyone has easy access to cameras and recording devices. If you do not have a smartphone capable of documenting an accident scene, leave a disposable/digital camera in your glove compartment. It is also advised to file a police report as soon as possible with as much evidence that you can present showing the opposing party was at-fault (if this can be proven). Keep a copy of the police report for your records as well as any other pieces of evidence you can from the accident.
- Call your insurance agent – Call your insurance agent as soon as possible and let them know that you have been involved in a car accident. Inform them of the person(s) involved as well. The opposing party’s insurance company will attempt to contact you after the accident. DO NOT give them a statement until you have consulted with the knowledgeable California truck accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase.
It is also well advise to get the "black box" data from the garbage truck as soon as possible if you can. A black box is a component of a commercial vehicle (garbage trucks, big-rigs, etc.) that records behavioral data of the vehicle it is attached to. If it wasn't apparent already, if you can access the data from this unit, you can prove in a court of law, without a doubt, if the driver of the garbage truck was driving recklessly or not as well as more information on break application or lack thereof.
Do I Need An Attorney if I Have Been In a California Garbage Truck Accident?
Most individuals that become victims in these type of accidents do not seek out legal help after the incident, even though doing so is in their best interest. Most victims shy away from trash
truck accident lawyers because they fear for the high cost of hiring a lawyer.
We cannot speak on the behalf of other law firms, but we will say that the California truck accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase work on a contingency basis.
This means that our skillful dump truck accident lawyers will fight hard and diligently for you and your loved ones, and in the case that we lose, you will not have to pay us a dime.
You only pay if we will you the settlement that you deserve. With this in mind, you have nothing to lose and so much to gain if you decide to exercise your legal options with Bisnar Chase.
Should I Take The Settlement the Insurance Company is Offering?
In other minor cases, victims may choose not to pursue legal action against the alleged at-fault due to a lack of damage or evidence or as an "easy way out" to obtain compensation. At Bisnar Chase, our California trash truck accident attorneys know the law from front to back, and we will tell you now: Do not take the insurance company's settlement until you have discussed it with your lawyer!
If you take any settlement that an insurance company offers, you will no longer be able to purse compensation any further. This means that if you take this settlement and your medical bills exceed the lump sum that you were given, you are unfortunately out of luck. This is why it is so crucial to discuss any offers or settlements with your attorney before you take any further action.
More often that not, insurance companies will give "low ball offers" to those who have seriously been injured as a way to maximize their profit margin.
At Bisnar Chase, we do not stand for these offers that short changes innocent people that have been injured. This kind of behavior is also the sole reason why we do what we do: to give a voice
for the "little guys."
Legal Consultation and Advice
If you or your loved ones have been injured in a California garbage truck accident, we urge you to contact one of our garbage truck accident lawyers.
Truck accident laws are very complex and if you do not have a trained legal professional on your side, it will be an uphill battle when you take legal action.
What you may see as nothing, we see as potential to help you receive some form of compensation for your accident. In addition, at Bisnar Chase, we offer free consultations to anyone who has been
involved in these type of accidents.
We can discuss your legal options with you one-on-one after the accident so you then can have the utmost confidence in choosing if you want to pursue legal action against the at-fault party.
We take on case of all sizes and we won’t get paid until you receive your compensation.
Call us now at 800-561-4887 for your free consultation and case review.