Buena Park Brain Injury Attorneys
If you have been the victim of a head injury and think you may have a case, contact our experienced Buena Park Brain Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
If we don't win, you don't pay.
Our personal injury law firm has won over $500 Million for clients throughout Southern California and we may be able to help you too.
It is important to understand when a brain injury has occurred that you must seek medical attention immediately, even if you think you feel okay. If the injury or accident warrants an exam, make sure you immediately have one as well.
Medical examinations for you or your loved one's head injury can be costly. At the law firm of Bisnar Chase, our legal team works hard to make sure you receive the recovery you need for your expenses. When you contact our Orange County offices today you will obtain a free comprehensive evaluation for your brain injury case.
Contact us today at 949-203-3814 to receive free legal advice.
Common Types of Brain Injuries
Regardless of what caused the brain injury, the consequences are often devastating, not only for the injured victim but also for his or her family. There are many ways a brain injury accident can happen. Car accidents, pedestrian injuries and work-related accidents can all be the cause of a short or long term brain injury. There have been personal injury claims that have involved people who've had direct trauma to the head such as slips and falls (premise liability) and waited to seek treatment only to have bleeding or swelling of a serious nature.
Even a slight brain injury accident can cause a lot of problems in the future if it's not treated fast and correctly. It is crucial to be seen by a medical professional so you can receive the right type of treatment for traumatic brain injuries such as:
- Concussions: Many victims who suffer head injuries sustained a concussion. Concussions are caused by a sudden blow to the head and can range from being minor to severe. People who have suffered from concussions experience symptoms such as blurred vision, confusion or loss of equilibrium.
- Skull fractures: Fractures in the cranium occurs when pieces of the skull break. Some skull bones may have cut into the brain and have caused bleeding. Different categories of skull fractures can include open, closed, basal or depressed fractures. One of the main causes of a skull fracture is hitting your head on the concrete or hitting your head in a vehicle accident/
- Hematomas: A hematoma is when bleeding in the brain collects and clots. This type of brain injury may only become evident days after the incident. Hematomas are also referred to as bruises on the head. After accidents, many victims experience what is known as a subdural hematoma which involves blood vessels breaking.
- Anoxic brain injuries: These type of head injuries can be detrimental to brain functioning. The brain needs oxygen in order to properly operate. According to BrainandSpinalCord.org if the levels of oxygen remain low for four minutes or more, brain cells start to die. The longer the brain is deprived of oxygen the greater the chance of a person becoming brain dead.
- Edemas: Swelling in the brain when a person has suffered from a blow to the head is known as an edema. The brain can swell quickly and a person can go completely brain dead or families can find themselves being involved in a wrongful death lawsuit. When the brain swells that causes an immense amount of pressure to your brain. When there is a great amount of pressure which causes a deprivation of oxygen to the brain that can lead to brain cells dying.
A brain injury is not always obvious and later on can pose a huge threat to someone's health. An experienced Buena Park brain injury lawyer can be your advocate in getting compensation. Finding an attorney that specializes in traumatic brain injuries is your best bet for a fair outcome of your case. One that has the experience and knowledge dealing with these difficult cases.
When to See a Medical Professional
Traumatic brain injuries often present symptoms, many of which can be extremely serious. Some of the common brain injury symptoms include:
- Loss of consciousness
- State of confusion or disorientation
- Nausea or vomiting
- Blurred vision or ringing of the ears
- Mood changes
- Feeling of depression or anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping more than usual
The severity of the symptoms can be a sign of the seriousness of the trauma. For example, someone who has lost consciousness for an hour may have experienced more significant trauma than someone who was out for only a moment. That does not, however, mean that a serious injury has not occurred in both circumstances. In fact, some brain injury symptoms do not fully manifest for days. Regardless of the severity of the symptoms or the pain victims may experience, it is important that immediate medical attention and treatment are sought when a head injury occurs during an auto accident.
Cost of a Brain Injury Accident
Brain injuries can be extremely costly. Medical expenses alone can bankrupt a brain injury victim who does not have adequate medical coverage. Treatment-related expenses may include emergency room services, testing fees, hospitalization expenses, surgical procedures, medical devices and prescription drugs. Future medical losses may include physical therapy, occupational therapy and other rehabilitation expenses. Brain injury accident victims may struggle to return to work. Others may never again earn the same wages they once earned. Some victims require round-the-clock nursing care. The expenses after a traumatic brain injury may add up to millions of dollars over a person's lifetime. The cost of recovery and treatment should not be the burden of the victim.
Brain Injury Settlements in California
There is not a set average compensation for a head injury. What you will receive in your brain injury settlement will be dependent on various types of factors. Compensation can include how much you have accumulated in medical expenses, medical treatment and if you will be able to support yourself financially in the future.
Schedule a free consultation with one of our brain injury attorneys in Buena Park to answer your question of "how much compensation do you get for a brain injury?" today.
How Can A Personal Injury Attorney Help?
Brain injury accident victims would be well advised to contact an experienced brain injury lawyer who will help them throughout the claim process.
A skilled personal injury lawyer can:
- Work with medical professionals to determine the true extent of the injuries suffered.
- Work with investigators to prove the cause of the accident and who should be held accountable for the incident.
- Protect the legal rights and best interests of the victim and the victim's family.
- Deal directly with any insurance companies involved on behalf of the victim.
- Take the at-fault party to court in order to secure fair compensation for the victim's losses.
- Ensure that all financial and non financial losses are considered during the claim process.
The knowledgeable brain injury lawyers at our firm have a long and successful track record of helping victims and their families secure fair and full compensation for their personal injury case. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not get paid until you get compensated. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Buena Park, please contact us for a free consultation and find out more on our legal services.