If you have been the victim of a head injury and think you may have a legal case, contact the experienced Buena Park brain injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase for a free consultation.
We offer a no-win, no-fee guarantee and a free case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers in Buena Park have won over $750 million for clients in California, and we may be able to help you too.
It is essential to understand that when a brain injury has occurred, you must seek medical attention immediately, even if you think you feel okay. Brain injuries can be extremely serious, often having long-term effects.
Brain injuries can be costly, both in terms of treatment and care and in impacting the quality of your life. At the law firm of Bisnar Chase, our legal team works hard to ensure you get the support you need during your recovery and outstanding representation to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today at 949-203-3814 to receive a free consultation on your brain injury claim.
Buena Park Brain Injury
Common Types of Brain Injuries
Regardless of what caused the brain injury, the consequences are often devastating, not only for the injured victim but also for his or her family.
There are many ways a brain injury accident can happen. Car accidents, pedestrian injuries, and work-related accidents can all be the cause of a short or long-term brain injury. There have been personal injury claims that have involved people who’ve had direct trauma to the head, such as slips and falls (premises liability), and waited to seek treatment only to have bleeding or swelling of a severe nature.
Even a slight brain injury accident can cause a lot of problems in the future if it’s not treated fast and correctly. It is crucial to be seen by a medical professional, so you can receive the right type of treatment for traumatic brain injuries such as:
- Concussions: Many victims who suffer head injuries sustain a concussion. Concussions are caused by a sudden blow to the head and can range from minor to severe. People who have suffered from concussions experience symptoms such as blurred vision, confusion, or loss of equilibrium.
- Skull fractures: Fractures in the cranium occurs when pieces of the skull break. Some skull bones may have cut into the brain and have caused bleeding. Different categories of skull fractures can include open, closed, basal, or depressed fractures. One of the main causes of a skull fracture is hitting your head on the concrete or hitting your head in a vehicle accident.
- Hematomas: A hematoma is when bleeding in the brain collects and clots. This type of brain injury may only become evident days after the incident. Hematomas are also referred to as bruises on the head. After accidents, many victims experience what is known as a subdural hematoma which involves blood vessels breaking.
- Anoxic brain injuries: These head injuries can be detrimental to brain functioning. The brain needs oxygen to operate properly. According to BrainandSpinalCord.org, if oxygen levels remain low for four minutes or more, brain cells start to die. The longer the brain is deprived of oxygen, the greater the chance of a person becoming brain dead.
- Edemas: Swelling in the brain when a person has suffered from a blow to the head is known as edema. The brain can swell quickly, and a person can go completely brain dead, or families can find themselves being involved in a wrongful death lawsuit. When the brain swells, that causes an immense amount of pressure on your brain. When there is a significant amount of pressure, it causes a deprivation of oxygen to the brain that can lead to brain cells dying.
A brain injury is not always apparent and, later on, can pose a huge threat to someone’s health.
An experienced Buena Park brain injury lawyer can be your advocate in getting compensation. Finding an attorney that specializes in traumatic brain injuries is your best bet for a fair outcome of your case. One that has the experience and knowledge to deal with these difficult cases.
When to See a Medical Professional
Traumatic brain injuries often present symptoms, many of which can be extremely serious. Some of the common brain injury symptoms include:
- Loss of consciousness
- State of confusion or disorientation
- Nausea or vomiting
- Blurred vision or ringing of the ears
- Mood changes
- Feelings of depression or anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping more than usual
The severity of the symptoms can be a sign of the seriousness of the trauma. For example, someone who has lost consciousness for an hour may have experienced more significant trauma than someone who was out for only a moment.
That does not, however, mean that a severe injury has not occurred in both circumstances. Some brain injury symptoms do not fully manifest for days. Regardless of the severity of the symptoms or the pain victims may experience, immediate medical attention and treatment must be sought when a head injury occurs during an auto accident.
Cost of a Brain Injury Accident
Brain injuries can be extremely costly. Medical expenses alone can bankrupt a brain injury victim who does not have adequate medical coverage.
Treatment-related expenses may include emergency room services, testing fees, hospitalization expenses, surgical procedures, medical devices, and prescription drugs.
Future medical losses may include physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other rehabilitation expenses. Brain injury accident victims may struggle to return to work. Others may never again earn the same wages they once earned.
Some victims require round-the-clock nursing care. The expenses after a traumatic brain injury may add up to millions over a person’s lifetime. The cost of recovery and treatment should not be the victim’s burden.
Brain Injury Settlements in CA.
There is not a set average compensation for a head injury. What you will receive in your brain injury settlement will be dependent on various types of factors. Compensation can include how much you have accumulated in medical expenses, length of medical treatment and if you will be able to support yourself financially in the future.
If you are wondering how much compensation you could win for a brain injury case, schedule a free consultation with one of our brain injury attorneys in Buena Park to get answers specific to your case and circumstances.
Contact Our Brain Injury Attorneys in Buena Park
Brain injury accident victims would be well advised to contact an experienced brain injury lawyer who will help them throughout the claim process.
A skilled personal injury lawyer can:
- Work with medical professionals to determine the true extent of the injuries suffered.
- Work with investigators to prove the cause of the accident and who should be held accountable for the incident.
- Protect the legal rights and best interests of the victim and the victim’s family.
- Deal directly with any insurance companies involved on behalf of the victim.
- Take the at-fault party to court to secure fair compensation for the victim’s losses.
- Ensure that all financial and non-financial losses are considered during the claim process.
Our firm’s knowledgeable brain injury lawyers have a long and successful track record of helping victims and their families secure fair and total compensation for their personal injury cases.
We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not get paid until you get compensated. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Buena Park, please contact us for a free consultation and learn more about our legal services.