Bisnar Chase’s Buena Park bus accident lawyers have been helping victims of transportation accidents for over 45 years. We have a 99% success rate and have secured more than $700 million in compensation for our clients.
A bus accident can leave victims with serious injuries, facing medical expenses, lost wages, and more. But Bisnar Chase offers superior representation to make sure you are adequately compensated. Our top-rated personal injury lawyers are here to fight for your rights and secure the justice you deserve.
If you have experienced pain and suffering from a bus crash in or around Buena Park, contact the law firm of Bisnar Chase on 949-203-3814 for a free case review.
Buena Park Bus Accident Resources
5 Steps to Take After A Buena Park Bus Crash
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there are multiple fatal intercity bus accidents yearly. As a form of public transport, a bus might be carrying passengers of all ages, from elderly individuals to children. It is essential to take the following measures to ensure that all passengers are physically and legally protected after a bus accident.
- Seek medical attention: Make sure you and all the people involved in the accident are safe and away from danger. Check if there are any catastrophic or minor injuries. If there are not any apparent injuries, still, call an ambulance to be examined right away.
- Report the incident: Victims of bus accidents will need to prove that they were involved in the accident and suffered an injury. It is essential to have your name on the police report, to obtain the drivers’ contact information and witnesses of the crash.
- Gather evidence: When you are in a safe location, begin collecting information such as photos. You should not only take pictures of the bus but also of your injuries. If other vehicles were involved in the crash, take photos of the damage done to the other cars.
- File a claim with your insurance company: After a public transportation incident, you need to get in contact with your insurance company. Your insurance company will provide you with a step-by-step process of what to do after the accident. Next, a claims specialist will be assigned to your case. They will review the details of your case and proceed to speak to the negligent party’s insurance company.
- Speak to a bus accident lawyer in Buena Park: Determining the potential value of a bus accident claim can be a challenging process. Our law firm’s experienced bus accident attorneys can help you calculate your losses while holding the at-fault party accountable for the crash. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Buena Park bus crash, call 949-203-3814 for free legal advice.
Public Transportation has a Duty to Keep You Safe
Many people who live and work in Buena Park use public transportation daily, especially buses. Many utilize the Anaheim Resort Transit buses (ART) when traveling to Anaheim and Buena Park attractions.
Others use the Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA), which has approximately 77 bus routes and 6,200 bus stops throughout Orange County.
Thousands of children ride Orange County school buses every day as well. While bus travel can be inexpensive, it can also be extremely dangerous. Anyone who has been injured in a bus accident would be well advised to contact an experienced injury lawyer to obtain more information about his or her legal rights and options.
Injuries Suffered in a Buena Park Bus Accident
Many types of injuries can occur as a result of a bus accident. Even on buses equipped with adequately working seatbelts, there is the potential for severe injuries to occur. Here are the most common types of injuries that may occur in a bus accident:
- Brain injuries: There are several ways in which a bus passenger may suffer a traumatic brain injury. Some victims may suffer brain trauma after striking their head on the window, the front seat, or another hard object. Others may experience severe whiplash that their brain can strike the inside of their skull. Victims who have lost consciousness or who are suffering from headaches after a bus crash should seek out immediate medical attention.
- Whiplash: Neck injuries are severe and can take a long time to heal. Some victims may not even experience symptoms until hours or days after the crash. Anyone with a sore neck following a bus accident should seek medical attention before his or her symptoms get worse.
- Spinal cord damage: In instances involving a sudden and powerful collision, passengers may suffer spinal cord trauma. Victims of spinal cord injuries may experience numbness or even paralysis.
- Bone fractures: It is particularly common for victims of bus accidents to suffer bone fractures. Some might suffer broken bones in their arms if they attempt to brace themselves for impact or crushing bone fractures in their legs when the bus sustains substantial damage.
- Broken teeth: Another consequence of slamming your head into a seat or object during a bus crash is the possibility of broken teeth and facial disfiguration.
- Lacerations: Many bus accidents result in broken windows. Flying shards of glass and metal can cause devastating laceration injuries.
- Internal bleeding: This is possible if the victim was wearing a seatbelt that caused severe abdominal pressure or if he or she was crushed in the accident.
Other Bus Accident Victims
Bus passengers are not the only potential victims of bus accidents. Victims who are in a car, on a bicycle, or walking on the roadway at the time of the accident can suffer major or fatal injuries.
Buses are large vehicles, which means that they can cause devastating damage. All injured victims of bus accidents can hold the at-fault party accountable for their injuries, damages, and losses.
Who is Responsible for Your Bus Accident Injuries?
Multiple parties can be held liable for the damages you have faced after a crash. Some entities include the bus company, the city, or the bus manufacturer. It can be complicated at first, though, to pinpoint which party is responsible for all of your losses.
If a public transportation bus which is usually a government entity, is to blame for the accident, it is usually a lengthy process to receive compensation for the injuries. Sometimes government transportation has immunities from personal claims, or they have a short period of time in which you can file a claim.
Contact our Bus Accident Attorneys in Buena Park
The Buena Park bus accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase have over four decades of experience fighting against powerful insurance companies. Our personal injury attorneys thoroughly investigate all aspects of your case to get you the compensation you deserve.
Call 949-203-3814 and be like many of our past clients that have won millions for their personal injuries.
When you contact us today, you will receive a free consultation.