Laguna Niguel Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been seriously injured due to someone else's negligence, the experienced Laguna Niguel Personal Injury Lawyers at Bisnar Chase can help you better understand your legal rights and options. It is common for insurance companies to try and deny or lower the value of claims. The Law Firm of Bisnar Chase has obtained over $650 million dollars in winnings for injury victims and has held a 96% percent success rate.
We will remain on your side, fight for your rights and help ensure that you receive fair compensation for all your losses. For 40 years we have been determined to win the maximum compensation for our clients and also provide exceptional client services.
Call 949-203-3814 to receive a free consultation on your personal injury case.
How Do I Know I Have a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury is a legal term defined as an injury that was caused by the carelessness or negligence of an outside party. An example of a personal injury can be a customer slipping in a store that did not put up a caution sign or a catastrophic accident taking place due to a drunk driver.
Personal injury lawsuits are classified as civil lawsuits because it is the law for the company or person responsible for your injuries to compensate you for the damages. California enforces the law of negligence which states that a liable party must provide the finances that you have faced because of your injury.
After your injury you may be expected to pay for your medical bills and you may even lose wages from taking time off at work.
7 Steps to Take After Suffering from a Laguna Niguel Injury
What you do following a personal injury accident can affect your ability to pursue compensation for the damages you have suffered. Her are a few suggestions that can help you in case you are ever injured in a Laguna Niguel car accident.
- Auto Accidents Cause Most Personal Injuries: Few people have bad things to say about Laguna Niguel; the sun, surf, and scenery is gorgeous and leaves tourists wanting more. Unfortunately, the streets of Laguna Niguel are not the safest in Orange County and have been host to a number of serious personal injury accidents. Our personal injury attorneys in Laguna Niguel have represented several car accident victims and have found many areas to be less than ideal for promoting intersections safety.
- Check Yourself and Your Passengers: Have you been injured? Is your neck, head, back or stomach sore? You don't have to be bleeding to have suffered a serious injury. If you have been jerked back and forth during the collision, you may have suffered whiplash. If you struck your head, you may have suffered a concussion or a traumatic brain injury. Have you suffered laceration injuries from glass or metal? If you are sore or worried that you may be injured, you should immediately call 911 and go to an emergency room for a proper examination.
- Contacting the Authorities: Under California law, law enforcement officials must be notified of all injury accidents. Police officers in Laguna Niguel typically travel to accidents involving an injury but if they do not arrive, it may be in your best interest to file a police report within 24 hours at the police station closest to where the incident occurred. Having your side of the story regarding how the accident occurred in the police report can help during the claims process. Police investigators often collect information that you may have missed in the chaos following the collision.
- Exchanging Information: One of the most important steps to check on your post-accident checklist is to exchange information with the other driver. You will want the phone number, drivers license number, license plate and insurance information from any other car drivers involved. If someone other than a friend of yours witnessed the accident you may want his or her contact information as well.
- Medical Attention: Putting off seeing a doctor can be a mistake at a number of different levels. First and foremost, injured victims have a greater chance of making a full and quick recovery if they receive an early diagnosis and treatment. Your medical records will also serve as evidence of the nature and extent of your injuries. Last, but not the least, failing to go to the hospital right away may lessen the value of your claim by raising the question as to how injured you really were as a result of the collision.
- The Importance of Journaling: Determining how your life was affected by the accident is an important part of a personal injury claim. You should write down not only your financial losses and the expenses you have incurred as a result of your injuries, but also how your daily life has changed. Has your quality of life lessened? Are you stressed, fatigued or depressed since the accident? Are daily tasks more difficult? Are you unable to do certain things that you used to do before the accident such as biking, hiking, playing with your children or doing household tasks. Write out your thoughts in a detailed and cohesive manner.
- Take Photos: Does your phone have the ability to take high-resolution photos? If not, you should keep a disposable camera in your glove compartment. You will want to get photos of:
- The damage to the cars
- The positioning of the vehicles
- Tire marks / skid marks
- License plates
- Injuries you or your loved ones have suffered
It may seem odd to take a photo of your injuries, but this is tangible evidence of your injuries that may prove useful. Another way to prove the extent of your injuries is to seek out immediate medical attention.
Compensation for Damages You May be Rewarded
Compensation for damages are difficult to determine and even more difficult to gain at times. With the right Laguna Nigel Personal Injury Lawyer though it is possible to win the compensation you need for your recovery.
There are different types of monetary damages that are considered when dealing with personal injuries.
Different kinds of monetary damages include:
- Compensatory damages: This type of compensation is commonly awarded in personal injury cases. The party that caused your injury is required by the court and because they “breached a contract” with you.
- Liquidation damages: The party that is responsible for your injuries are forced to pay a certain dollar amount.
- Nominal damages: Even if there were not any minor or serious injuries caused in the accident the liable party is still required to pay.
- Punitive damages: Often, compensation is not awarded for injury victims but to punish the negligent party. These are punitive damages. For instance, if a doctor has left a surgical instrument in a patient’s body this can be deemed as careless or medical malpractice in the eyes of the court. When we sue Fortune 500 companies for creating defective products, we feel that those defective product lawsuits make negligent manufacturers take extra care in producing future products. We want auto manufacturers and product manufacturers to think of us the next time that they are creating their products. We want them to spend the extra time creating safe products, and we feel that our 40 years holding wrongdoers accountable has helped promote safety.
John Bisnar is like family, he really took care of us. I'm so happy that we found Bisnar Chase. They've been outstanding. They kept us informed with what's going on with the case.
- Maria Chan, former client
I was very happy that everyone I worked with from coming in and being greeted by the receptionist to my own actual personal lawyers. They were so amazing that I couldn't have wished or wanted for a better experience here at Bisnar Chase."
- Alexis Bennet, former client
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Law Firm Will Fight For You
Too often, victims of personal injuries hire accident attorneys who do not have the years of experience and legal knowledge to obtain maximum compensation. These clients then seek us to repair their case and obtain a favorable outcome, but there are times when the damage cannot be undone. Call the Laguna Niguel Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase to find out what your options are and get your case started on the right track.
Getting our clients the recoveries that they deserve is one step in our plan to help make Orange County cities a safer place for citizens. Whether you were injured by a car, truck accident defective product, poisoned food, vicious dog bite attack, lost a family member due to a wrongful death, at the law firm of Bisnar Chase we feel that our lawsuits holding your wrongdoers accountable helps prevent future mishaps.
Call 949-203-3814 NOW to get FREE LEGAL ADVICE.