If you have been seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence, the experienced Laguna Niguel personal injury lawyers at Bisnar Chase can help you better understand your legal rights and options. It is common for insurance companies to deny or lowball the claims of injury victims. But the law firm of Bisnar Chase is here to help. We have won more than $700 million for our clients with an outstanding 99% success rate.
We will remain on your side, fight for your rights, and help ensure that you receive fair compensation for all your losses. For more than 44 years we have been taking on the toughest cases and winning maximum compensation for our clients while providing exceptional client services.
We are based in Orange County and take great pride in helping clients throughout California. Call (949) 203-3814 for a free consultation on your personal injury case with no obligations.
Laguna Niguel Personal Injury Resources
How Do I Know I Have a Qualifying Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury is a legal term defined as an injury that was caused by the carelessness or negligence of an outside party. An example of a personal injury can be a customer slipping in a store that did not put up a caution sign, or a car accident taking place due to a speeding driver.
Personal injury lawsuits are classified as civil lawsuits, completely separate from any criminal proceedings. Civil laws can help you secure financial compensation for harm and damage when you file a personal injury lawsuit in Laguna Niguel.
A civil injury lawsuit holds the at-fault company or individual person responsible. California enforces the law of negligence which states that a liable party should compensate the victim for their losses and suffering. This could everything from your medical bills and even lost wages caused by the accident.
If you have been injured in an accident in Laguna Niguel, contact an attorney to make sure you are properly compensated.
Types of Cases in Laguna Niguel
The personal injury law firm of Bisnar Chase handles a wide range of cases across Orange County.
Few people have bad things to say about Laguna Niguel; the sun, surf, and scenery are gorgeous and leave tourists wanting more. Unfortunately, the streets of Laguna Niguel are not the safest in Orange County and have been host to a number of serious personal injury accidents.
Our personal injury lawyers in Laguna Niguel have represented car accident victims and have found many areas to be less than ideal for promoting intersection safety.
Car collisions and crashes make up one of the top causes of injuries in the area. But we can also help secure maximum compensation for you in cases including:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian injuries
- Bicycle and scooter incidents
- E-bike and e-scooter accidents
- Hoverboard crashes
- Premises liability
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Facility negligence
- Product liability
- Workplace accidents
- Dog bites
- Boating accidents
- Auto defects
- Class actions
- Employment cases
These are just some of the cases we take. Our firm has been in business for more than 44 years and has a wealth of experience in taking on injury claims of all kinds. If you need to pursue a lawsuit not listed above, do not hesitate to contact us to find out if we can help.
7 Steps to Take After Suffering an Injury in Laguna Niguel
What you do following a personal injury accident can affect your ability to pursue compensation for the damages you have suffered. Here are a few suggestions that can help you in case you are ever injured in a Laguna Niguel accident.
- Check Yourself: Have you been injured? Is your neck, head, back, or stomach sore? You don’t have to be bleeding to have suffered a serious injury. If you have been jerked back and forth during a car collision, for example, you may have suffered whiplash. If you struck your head, you may have suffered a concussion or a traumatic brain injury. Have you suffered laceration injuries from glass or metal? If you are sore or worried that you may be injured, you should immediately call 911 and go to an emergency room for a proper examination.
- Contacting the Authorities: Under California law, law enforcement officials must be notified of all injury accidents. Police officers in Laguna Niguel typically travel to accidents involving an injury but if they do not arrive, it may be in your best interest to file a police report within 24 hours at the police station closest to where the incident occurred. Having your side of the story regarding how the accident occurred in the police report can help during the claims process. Police investigators often collect information that you may have missed in the chaos following an accident.
- Exchanging Information: When you are involved in a car crash, one of the most important steps to check on your post-accident checklist is to exchange information with the other driver. You will want the phone number, driver’s license number, license plate, and insurance information from any other car drivers involved. If someone other than a friend of yours witnessed the accident you may want his or her contact information as well. If it was an accident other than a crash, you should follow the same steps. Take contact information for anyone involved, as well as witnesses.
- Medical Attention: Putting off seeing a doctor can be a mistake at a number of different levels. First and foremost, injured victims have a greater chance of making a full and quick recovery if they receive an early diagnosis and treatment. Your medical records will also serve as evidence of the nature and extent of your injuries. Last, but not least, failing to go to the hospital right away may lessen the value of your claim by raising the question as to how injured you really were as a result of the accident.
- The Importance of Documenting: Determining how your life was affected by the accident is an important part of a personal injury claim. You should write down not only your financial losses and the expenses you have incurred as a result of your injuries, but also how your daily life has changed. Has your quality of life lessened? Are you stressed, fatigued or depressed since the accident? Are daily tasks more difficult? Are you unable to do certain things that you used to do before the accident such as biking, hiking, playing with your children, or doing household tasks? Write out your thoughts in a detailed and cohesive manner.
- Take Photos: Does your phone have the ability to take high-resolution photos? If not, you should keep a disposable camera in your glove compartment. You will want to get photos of:
- The scene of the accident
- Any dangerous elements that contributed
- Your injuries
- Property damage
- Important information (such as license plates)
It may seem odd to take a photo of your injuries, but this is tangible evidence of your injuries that may prove useful. Another way to prove the extent of your injuries is to seek out immediate medical attention.
7. Contact a Lawyer: Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Experienced personal injury attorneys will help you assemble evidence and build a strong case to make sure you are compensated, either through a settlement or a trial verdict.
Compensation for Damages You May be Rewarded
Compensation for damages is difficult to determine and even more difficult to gain at times. With the right Laguna Nigel Personal Injury Lawyer though it is possible to win the compensation you need for your recovery.
There are different types of monetary damages that are considered when dealing with personal injuries.
Different kinds of monetary damages include:
- Compensatory damages: This type of compensation is commonly awarded in personal injury cases. The party that caused your injury is required by the court and because they “breached a contract” with you.
- Liquidation damages: The party that is responsible for your injuries are forced to pay a certain dollar amount.
- Nominal damages: Even if there were not any minor or serious injuries caused in the accident the liable party is still required to pay.
- Punitive damages: Often, compensation is not awarded for injury victims but to punish the negligent party. These are punitive damages. For instance, if a doctor has left a surgical instrument in a patient’s body this can be deemed as careless or medical malpractice in the eyes of the court. When we sue Fortune 500 companies for creating defective products, we feel that those defective product lawsuits make negligent manufacturers take extra care in producing future products. We want auto manufacturers and product manufacturers to think of us the next time that they are creating their products. We want them to spend the extra time creating safe products, and we feel that our 40+ years of holding wrongdoers accountable has helped promote safety.
Generally speaking, we seek compensation for factors such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, ongoing care costs, property damage, and other similar factors. Contact Bisnar Chase today to find out more about the value of your injury claim.
At Bisnar Chase, we do not only focus on winning the compensation you deserve, but we also aim to give you the best client experience we can provide.
John Bisnar is like family, he really took care of us. I’m so happy that we found Bisnar Chase. They’ve been outstanding. They kept us informed with what’s going on with the case.
– Maria Chan, former client
I was very happy that everyone I worked with from coming in and being greeted by the receptionist to my own actual personal lawyers. They were so amazing that I couldn’t have wished or wanted for a better experience here at Bisnar Chase.”
– Alexis Bennet, former client
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Laguna Niguel
Too often, victims of personal injuries hire accident attorneys who do not have the years of experience and legal knowledge to obtain maximum compensation. These clients then seek us to repair their case and obtain a favorable outcome, but there are times when the damage cannot be undone. Call the Laguna Niguel personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase to find out what your options are and get your case started on the right track.
Getting our clients the recoveries that they deserve is one step in our plan to help make Orange County cities a safer place for citizens. Whether you were injured by a car, truck accident defective product, poisoned food, vicious dog bite attack, lost a family member due to wrongful death, at the law firm of Bisnar Chase we feel that our lawsuits holding your wrongdoers accountable helps prevent future mishaps.
Call (949) 203-3814 now for a free consultation with our team of experts.