Riverside Car Accident Attorneys
The experienced Riverside car accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of representing auto accident victims and their families. We understand the physical, emotional and financial challenges victims and their families face in such situations.
Our injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not get our fees until you recover compensation. We'll tell you if you have a case and may be entitled to compensation. Call 800-561-4887 for a free consultation with experienced car accident attorneys serving California for over three decades.
What To Do If You've Been Injured In An Auto Accident
If you have been hurt in a Riverside auto accident, it is critical that you take the following steps to protect your rights:
- Remain at the scene of the crash.
- Notify the authorities.
- Write down the contact information, insurance and driver's license details of the drivers involved.
- Collect information from anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
- Take photos of the crash site and of your injuries.
- Seek medical attention right away.
Expenses and Rights After a Car Accident
When a victim is injured in a car accident, it can have tremendous financial repercussions as well. Victims may have to bear medical expenses and cost of hospitalization. They may have to suffer wage loss as a result of being unable to work as they recover from their injuries. It is important in such cases that victims have a thorough understanding of their legal rights and options.
Common Causes of Car Accidents In Riverside
There are a number of reasons why car accidents occur. Driver negligence is one of the most common causes of auto accidents in Riverside County. For example, alcohol was a contributing factor in nearly one-third of all Riverside County traffic accident fatalities in the year 2010. Other common causes of Riverside auto accidents include:
- Speed: It is important for all motorists to not only obey the speed limit, but also to adjust their speed relative to the traffic, roadway and weather conditions.
- Failure to yield the right-of-way: Many motorists fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, bicyclists and other motorists when they enter an intersection or make a turn.
- Failure to follow the rules of the road: A significant number of intersection accidents involve a failure to obey stop signs and traffic lights.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are talking on their cell phone or texting are less likely to be alert. Distracted driving causes more than 500,000 accident injuries nationwide.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs can be extremely dangerous and can result in serious injury crashes.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries could range from minor to catastrophic or even fatal. Some of the common injuries suffered in Riverside car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries such as concussions
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Burn injuries
Seeking Compensation for Car Accident Victims
If you have been injured in a Riverside car accident, it is possible to receive compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. Injured victims can seek compensation from the at-fault parties for damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, cost of rehabilitation, permanent injuries, disabilities, pain and suffering and emotional distress. When negligence or wrongdoing is involved in a fatal crash, families of deceased victims can file a wrongful death claim seeking compensation for damages such as medical and funeral costs, lost future income and benefits and loss of love and companionship.
If you've suffered a car crash injury in the Riverside area, contact the Riverside personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase for a Free consultation to discuss your legal options. Call 800-561-4887 for a free consultation.