Riverside Car Accident Attorneys
The experienced Riverside car accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase have a long and successful track record of representing auto accident victims and their families. We understand the physical, emotional and financial challenges victims and their families face in such situations. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not get our fees until you recover compensation. Call or contact us today to receive a free car accident evaluation. We'll tell you if you have a case and may be entitled to compensation.
Riverside County has a population of more than 2 million. The county also has more than 2,100 miles of roadways ranging from surface streets to congested freeways. Regardless of where an auto accident occurs, there is the potential for serious injuries and even fatalities.
When a victim is injured in a car accident, it can have tremendous financial repercussions as well. Victims may have to bear medical expenses and cost of hospitalization. They may have to suffer wage loss as a result of being unable to work as they recover from their injuries. It is important in such cases that victims have a thorough understanding of their legal rights and options.
Riverside County Car Accident Statistics
According to California Highway Patrol's Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), there were 190 traffic accident deaths and 7,632 traffic injuries throughout Riverside County in the year 2010. During that same year, 20 people were killed and 1,396 were injured in traffic accidents in the city of Riverside.
Common Causes of Car Accidents In Riverside
There are a number of reasons why car accidents occur. Driver negligence is one of the most common causes of auto accidents in Riverside County. For example, alcohol was a contributing factor in nearly one-third of all Riverside County traffic accident fatalities in the year 2010. Other common causes of Riverside auto accidents include:
- Speed: It is important for all motorists to not only obey the speed limit, but also to adjust their speed relative to the traffic, roadway and weather conditions.
- Failure to yield the right-of-way: Many motorists fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, bicyclists and other motorists when they enter an intersection or make a turn.
- Failure to follow the rules of the road: A significant number of intersection accidents involve a failure to obey stop signs and traffic lights.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are talking on their cell phone or texting are less likely to be alert. Distracted driving causes more than 500,000 accident injuries nationwide.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs can be extremely dangerous and can result in serious injury crashes.
Riverside Car Accident Reports
There are different types of car crashes that occur in Riverside County. Street intersection crashes are extremely common. For example, a crash at the intersection of Tyler Street and Cook Avenue in Riverside involved a Honda Element and a Chevy Silverado. In this case both motorists said that the other ran the red light. In car accident investigations, it is very common to have conflicting reports. This is why it is critical that accident victims ensure that their account of the incident is entered into the record, for example, in the police report.
Multi-vehicle crashes and pileups are also common on Riverside freeways. In the case of multi-vehicle accidents, investigations can get complex due to the involvement of a number of insurance companies and defense attorneys. It would be in the best interest of victims to not rush to an agreement or sign a settlement before understanding the facts of the case and the extent of losses they have sustained.
This reason alone is worth the time to get a free consultation with an experienced Riverside auto accident lawyer.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries could range from minor to catastrophic or even fatal. Some of the common injuries suffered in Riverside car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries such as concussions
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Burn injuries
What To Do If You've Been Injured In An Auto Accident
If you have been hurt in a Riverside auto accident, it is critical that you take the following steps to protect your rights:
- Remain at the scene of the crash.
- Notify the authorities.
- Write down the contact information, insurance and driver's license details of the drivers involved.
- Collect information from anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
- Take photos of the crash site and of your injuries.
- Seek medical attention right away.
Seeking Compensation for Accident Injury Victims
If you have been injured in a Riverside car accident, it is possible to receive compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. Injured victims can seek compensation from the at-fault parties for damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, cost of rehabilitation, permanent injuries, disabilities, pain and suffering and emotional distress. When negligence or wrongdoing is involved in a fatal crash, families of deceased victims can file a wrongful death claim seeking compensation for damages such as medical and funeral costs, lost future income and benefits and loss of love and companionship.
If you've suffered a car crash injury in the Riverside area, contact the Riverside personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase for a Free consultation to discuss your legal options.