Los Angeles Slip & Fall Attorneys
If you are the victim of a fall due to a property owner's negligence, our Los Angeles slip and fall attorneys can represent you and ensure that your interests are protected.
As a victim, you should not have to bear the burden of medical bills for your injuries. The attorneys at the law firm of Bisnar Chase have been fighting for the compensation of accident victims for over 40 years.
Our legal representation has won millions for those who have suffered due to careless actions.
Talk to a slip and fall attorney in California about your injury case by calling (323) 238-4683 for a free consultation.
FAQs of Slip and Falls
This is a complex situation, but a house owner can be responsible for an injury that occurred on their premises. If the injury took place on a rental property, depending on the lease agreement, the landlord can be held responsible for the dangerous conditions.
A property owner can be deemed at fault for a trip and fall incident. Property owners have the duty to maintain their premises to keep visitors safe.
There is not a standard amount that is given to each slip and fall victim. A number of factors play into how much a claimant will receive, such as the severity of the injuries. Schedule a free consultation with a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer for a slip and fall accident claim.
Causes of Los Angeles Slip and Falls
Trip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, but there are some accident scenarios that are more common than others. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration or OSHA, common causes of falls are:
- Oil, water, soap, and other liquids on walkways (wet floor)
- Loose doormats or rugs
- Ice, snow, or rain on sidewalks
- Dangerous shoes such as flip flops on hazardous terrain
- Walkways that are broken or need repair
- Very smooth floors or walkways that do not provide traction
- Poorly illuminated areas
Injuries from a Slip and Fall
The National Safety Council states that falls are the most common cause of emergency room treatment, and the Department of Labor estimates that the average fall on the job costs roughly $28,000 to treat.
Since the injuries from these accidents are so expensive and the accidents themselves are so common, it is vital that victims choose experts such as our Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers to represent them in collecting damages.
- Head injuries: The CDC reported that around 2.87 million emergency room visits were related to brain injuries. Many of the victims of trip and falls are older adults. It is important, especially in nursing home facilities, that floors be kept dry and that staff always supervise the clients. If not, this can lead to a serious head injury such as a concussion or hematoma.
- Muscle strains: Strains can also be recognized as tears or pulls of the muscle. Tears and pulls are not only be painful, but can also damage joints and blood vessels. If the muscle strain is minor, it can usually be healed with at-home treatment. Serious tears can result in a slip and fall victim potentially requiring surgery.
- Hip fractures: More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling, usually by falling sideways. As a person ages, the chances of breaking a bone in this area are greater. Older adults can develop osteoporosis over time, so it is crucial to be screened early to avoid complications later.
Although injuries from falls often go unreported and untreated, it is wise to seek medical treatment immediately and speak to one of the best slip and fall attorneys in Los Angeles. We can help you recover fair compensation for your injuries.
Slip and Fall Statistics
Slip and Fall Risks
Risks can come from rain, snow, ice, unstable foundations and many other factors.
People Most Affected
Unintentional falls are the second leading cause of nonfatal injury for 10-24 year-olds.
Costs of Slip and Falls
CDC statistics show slip and falls estimate $34 billion in medical costs every year.
Client testimonial of Bisnar Chase
What to do After a Slip and Fall in Los Angeles
Every case is different and the value of your claim will depend upon many factors, including the severity of injuries and amount of medical care you received. An experienced personal injury attorney will have years of experience dealing with premise liability cases and can properly evaluate the value of your claim.
Before filing a claim, there are measures you should take beforehand, such as:
- Seek medical treatment immediately: If you have experienced a fall, you need to call for help. Even if you are not feeling any sort of physical pain, it is highly recommended that you are evaluated by a medical professional. You could have an underlying condition or damage that can cause great pain and suffering later.
- Report your incident: Victims of slip and falls are sometimes at a loss of who to report their accident too. Who you notify is dependent on where the incident took place. For example, if you have fallen at a grocery store, the correct person to report your slip and fall to would be the store manager.
- Gather evidence: It is important that you collect photos and witness statements after a trip or slip and fall accident. This type of evidence will strengthen your claim when filing for compensation with the insurance companies. Take photos of the area in which you fell, the surrounding area, and the weather conditions.
- File a claim: Time is of the essence to file a case; waiting too long can affect your ability to bring action against the business owner. The statute of limitations in California is two years, unless you are going after a state or federal entity, in which case it is reduced to six months from the date of injury.
Hire Our Los Angeles Slip and Fall Lawyers
Call and get a free consultation with our team of skilled Los Angeles slip and fall lawyers at (323) 238-4683.
Since 1978, the law firm of Bisnar Chase has been winning compensation for clients who have experienced catastrophic injuries, losing wages and racking up major medical bills due to the incident.
Do not hesitate. You or your loved one do not have to suffer at the hands of a careless property owner.
Contact our LA law offices today.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6701 Center Drive West, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90045