Many people injured in car crashes do not know where to turn or what to do next. A lot of injury victims think that an attorney will be expensive. But the skilled Huntington Beach car accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase offer a no-win, no-fee promise and can help you get the compensation you deserve.
At the law firm of Bisnar Chase, our auto collision attorneys have a 99% success rate. We have been in business for more than 44 years and have secured justice for thousands of clients.
The aftermath of a car accident can be stressful, but we can provide the legal help and guidance needed to ease the burden on you. Contact our personal injury lawyers near Huntington Beach to start proceedings. Call (949) 203-3814 or click here to email us.
What Do I Do After An Auto Collision in Huntington Beach?
The most important action after a car wreck is to ensure all the drivers and passengers involved in the accident are not severely injured. If someone has suffered a catastrophic injury, call 911 and do not move the injured person. Moving the victim that is in critical condition may worsen the situation.
When all collision victims have been transferred to a hospital, you must take important steps to begin the legal process.
Steps to take after a car accident include:
- Gathering evidence: This is one of the most important and initial steps you must follow through with after an incident. It is vital that you collect information such as the driver’s insurance policy number, the license plate of the car involved, and the driver’s license number. You must take pictures of any damage that has been done to your vehicle and the driver’s vehicle as well. This will give insurance adjusters a clear idea of what compensation they are willing to provide you with.
- File, a motor vehicle accident, claim: After a car accident, you must call your insurance company to file a claim and provide your statement of what occurred during the accident. Upon your call, a claims specialist and claim number will be assigned to you. Once you have spoken to your insurance company, they will reach out to the driver’s insurance, and from there, an offer will be produced.
- Reach out to an attorney if the opposing party’s insurance does not comply: If the opposing party’s insurance company does not cooperate, meaning that they are not moving on with the claim process or their offer was not enough to cover your expenses, contact an injury attorney. The personal injury law firm of Bisnar Chase has many years of experience dealing with insurance companies. We understand that it’s not easy to negotiate with insurance companies. When you contact our Huntington Beach, California Car Accident Lawyers, you will receive a free case analysis.
Actions Involved in the Car Accident Claims Process
The claim adjuster of the negligent driver is hired to thoroughly investigate the damages that took place in the car accident. Some aspects of the accident they may asses are witness accounts or the police report. Once the adjuster has investigated the damages stated in the claim, then a settlement offer will be made.
If you are sure that your claim is worth more than the claims adjuster has offered, you can file a demand letter. A demand letter includes the amount you propose in response to the insufficient settlement offer for your car accident claim. If your demand offer is denied, contact a car accident lawyer in Huntington Beach for legal advice.
California law states that personal injury victims have two years to file a claim.
Huntington Beach Has Seen Many Car Crashes
If you think you’ll never get into an accident, think again. The California Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS) stated that Huntington Beach car accident statistics indicated ten deaths and more than 1,000 injuries over the course of a year in the coastal city.
Five pedestrians lost their lives, and 44 were injured in car accidents. Car wrecks killed one and injured 82 bicyclists. Motorcycle accidents injured 46 people.
Drunk driving deaths in California continue to rise, and in Huntington Beach, California, there were three fatalities and 110 injuries to prove so.
5 Common Huntington Beach Car Accident Injuries
When you file a car accident lawsuit in Huntington Beach, you might be able to win compensation for your injuries, among other factors. After a crash, the next step will depend on the severity of your injuries. If you were badly hurt in a high-impact car accident, you might need to be taken to hospital. Even if your injuries are relatively minor, we recommend getting checked by a medical professional.
Below are the most common injuries claimed after a Huntington Beach motor vehicle accident:
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when a victim of an accident experiences a sudden back and forth jerking of their head. Sometimes a victim may not initially feel the symptoms of whiplash. Whiplash symptoms can include blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, or numbness. Whiplash symptoms are not always seen in x-rays. Seek medical attention and document your symptoms so you may provide this information to a doctor and insurance company.
- Broken bones: During an accident a driver or passenger, if they are not wearing a seatbelt, can be thrown into a steering wheel or windshield of a vehicle. This occurrence can cause multiple fractures that can take months to recover from on top of needing physical therapy. Bones that are frequently broken during a car crash in Huntington Beach are hip bones, pelvic bones, ribs, the skull, and the clavicle. Note that if an area in the spine is critically injured this can lead to a victim becoming completely or partially paralyzed.
- Head injuries: There are various types of head injuries. Some include closed head injuries such as concussions and open head injuries which can include a linear skull fracture. Traumatic brain injuries can be life-threatening. Just because you do not feel any symptoms after a car accident does not mean you will not feel them later. Even after a minor crash, you need to see a doctor. Some serious brain injuries that are not experienced initially can worsen over time. According to Bangor Daily News, Brain injuries aren’t obvious, but they affect 13.5 million Americans.
- Sprains: If a person is involved in a Huntington Beach car crash there are multiple sprains that an injury victim can acquire. Sprains involve the stretching or tearing of ligaments. Not all sprains are categorized as the same though. There are three separate categories of ligament sprains which include grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3. The amount of time it will take for the ligament to heal relies on the amount of damage that had occurred. Experts say that it can take 3-6 weeks for a sprain to heal.
- Herniated or bulging discs: The spine is one of the most vulnerable parts of the body that can greatly be affected after a vehicle collision. One of the most typical forms of trauma that take place after an accident is a bulging or herniated disc. A bulging disc involves minor injuries to the spine and this type of injury does not harm the entirety of the disc. A herniated disc is a more severe injury for the reason that it can involve an entire disc being ruptured in the spinal cord. Your medical professional ordering a series of x-rays can better determine the state of your discs after a car crash.
Evidence to Prove Negligence in Your California Car Crash
Negligence is a legal term that is defined as an entity failing to perform their reasonable “duty of care” which resulted in a party experiencing serious physical, emotional, and property damages. The California statute of limitations requires that the negligent party compensate the injury victim for the damages that they have caused.
Three aspects that need to be demonstrated to prove negligence include that the negligent party had a legal duty to the injured, that the negligent party breached that duty, and that breach of duty caused serious injuries to the victim.
Examples of negligence in a car accident can involve a driver:
- Being intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle
- Not adhering to traffic signals and running a red light
- Exceeding the speed limit
Financial Damages You Can Recover After an Auto Accident
All car accident victims need to be informed that there is no standard amount awarded to each client involved in a collision. A series of factors will contribute to the amount of compensation won for a personal injury lawsuit. Much of the damages will depend on the exact dollar amount of your losses, including your medical costs and the damage that has been done to your vehicle.
You can also include the wages you lost from being absent from work and towing expenses you acquired after the incident.
The preponderance of car collision lawyers will warn against trying to settle your case without skilled legal counsel. They know that insurance companies often won’t give an inch unless “their feet are held to the fire” by a strong advocate on the other side. They also know that insurance investigators, adjusters, and insurance company attorneys are constantly pressed to keep costs down. In other words, to give you the absolute least in dollar compensation for your losses.
Negotiating Car Accident Settlements
The best Huntington Beach car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your suffering and car accident expenses. They will handle the stacks of forms and paperwork, court motions, and other legal actions. More importantly, a dedicated car accident attorney will see a case through from initial negotiations to trial and appeals. We have decades of experience in and out of Orange County courtrooms negotiating difficult car crash injury claims.
Trustworthy Orange County car crash lawyers will offer free initial consultations and openly discuss the options that are open to you. Their fees are usually paid on a contingency basis, so you’ll pay no fees unless the car accident lawyer is victorious in court or settles with the insurance company.
The consultation is free for your Huntington Beach car crash claim.
No Win, No Fee - Relieves Financial Burden
The law offices of Bisnar Chase operate under what is known as a contingency fee basis. A contingency fee states that you do not have to pay if our injury lawyers do not win your case. Do not rely on an online calculator to estimate how much you will receive in your settlement or how much you will end up paying a personal injury lawyer after your settlement is reached.
Many factors are included in a personal injury claim that only a legal expert would know of. For example, did you know you can be compensated for using a rental car service while your car is fixed? These are some of the many losses that can be included in your Huntington Beach accident settlement.
Contact Our Huntington Beach Car Accident Lawyers
Bisnar Chase has been representing residents of Huntington Beach Since 1978. Located next door in Newport Beach, our office is conveniently located to you and we’re available for home and hospital appointments if needed. Our attorneys handled a variety of personal injury cases, and we may be able to ease your anxiety about your rights.
If you have experienced serious injuries due to a negligent driver or have suffered a wrongful death of a loved one call the Huntington Beach motor vehicle accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase at (949) 203-3814 to schedule a free case analysis.