Huntington Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys
Coping with the death of a family member is one of life's most difficult challenges. At Bisnar Chase, our Huntington Beach Wrongful Death Lawyers are passionate about holding wrongdoers accountable for their negligence. If you think your loved one's death may be a wrongful death lawsuit, our attorneys will unearth the facts and find out what really happened immediately.
For aggressive litigation, straight talk, and honest answers, Call 949-203-3814 now to take advantage of our free consultation and find out what your options are.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase to gain free legal advice.
5 Different Types of Orange County Wrongful Death Claims
The legal term known as "wrongful death" refers to a person losing their life due to someone else's carelessness. A wrongful death can effect a family tremendously emotionally and financially. Costs such as funeral expenses and medical bills that were accumulated before a loved one's death can be expensive. If the deceased was the primary income producer of the family, those family members can struggle financially to get by.
Family members who suffer the loss of a loved one usually file wrongful death claims such as:
- Car accidents: Many traffic collision can be avoided if drivers behind the wheel adhered to the rules of the road. One common behavior that leads to car accidents is distracted driving. An estimated amount of over 390,000 injuries take place annually due to drivers texting and driving. In one year, exactly 263 adolescents lost their lives at the hands of a distracted driver. Answering a text is not worth seriously injuring someone or losing a life. The majority of wrongful deaths that occur in Huntington Beach are a result of auto collisions. According to a recent California Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), thirteen people lost their lives in Huntington Beach car accidents. Of those who suffered fatal injuries, 3 were pedestrians, 1 was on a motorcycle, and 4 were alcohol-related.
- Work injuries: Employees that are in the construction industry can lose their lives by being struck by an object, electrocutions or slip and falls. Many workers are also killed at the hands of faulty equipment. Employers have the duty to make sure that employees are safe at all times on the job. Employers who fail to do so can be held accountable for damages.
- Motorcycle collisions: Bike accidents are one of the most dangerous that a person can be involved in. Motorcycles do not shield people from objects in the road or four-door vehicles. Many motorcycle injury victims can end up with a traumatic brain injury that will leave families with the decision whether or not their loved one should stay on life support. Family members who make the difficult choice to take their loved ones off of life support at times are left emotionally damaged. Speak to a wrongful death lawyer in Huntington Beach to learn more on the compensation you can receive from losing a family member.
- Pedestrian accidents: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that in one year, 5,987 pedestrians lost their lives in traffic collisions. The primary victims of pedestrian accidents were children and senior citizens. The CDC reported that over 48% of pedestrian deaths occurred due to impaired driving. Motorists who have an alcoholic level of .08 or more are putting crosswalks and fellow motorists at risk.
- Medical malpractice: Any patient that is under the care of a medical professional is entitled to the best treatment possible. Doctors who are negligent during surgery or misdiagnose a patient can be held accountable for wrongful death. Nurses can also be responsible for a patients death. For example, if a nurse gives an elderly resident the wrong medication in a senior living home then this can be seen as carelessness on behalf of the nurse of the senior living facility.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
There are two factors that should be present in order to have a strong foundation for a wrongful death claim. First that the victim died due to the negligence of another and that the loss of that individual caused the surviving family members great pain and suffering.
People that can file a wrongful death claim include surviving children, spouses and the parents of the deceased.
Code of Civil Procedure 377.60 states "The decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and issue of deceased children, or, if there is no surviving issue of the decedent, the persons, including the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession."
The process of the collection of assets can change if the deceased left a will. An executor will then be appointed to announce what assets will go to which person.
Damages You Can Receive in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
When you file a wrongful death claim you have the potential to win compensation for economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages involve losses that have a monetary value attached to them. Some examples of economic damages can be the loss of future earnings the deceased would have received, damages to property, medical bills and burial or funeral expenses.
A surviving family member or spouse can also claim noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering. Pain and suffering can be difficult to determine in terms of compensation though. Pain and suffering is usually measured on how the spouse or loved one has been affected emotionally from the loss of their loved one.
Serving as a Huntington Beach wrongful death attorney is a difficult task; the heartache and rage that our clients experience as they struggle to recover from their loved one's death is contagious and we cannot help but develop a connection with each one of our clients. When you sign with Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys, you become a client for life and you will receive a very personal experience from very passionate attorneys.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Huntington Beach, California
If you have lost a loved one as a result of negligence, contact one of our wrongful death lawyers in Huntington Beach to take advantage of our free professional evaluation. Our success rate and history of high client satisfaction will give you the peace of mind to concentrate on your treatment, rather than your monetary recovery. Call for a free consultation at 949-203-3814.
Our attorneys will not complete your wrongful death lawsuit until every potential avenue of compensation has been investigated.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bisnar Chase for a free case analysis.