Los Angeles Product Liability Lawyers
Call our top-rated Los Angeles Product Liability attorneys at 323-238-4683 to discuss a legal course of action & a free consultation. Millions recovered.
At Bisnar Chase we have proudly represented numerous clients who have suffered an injury or loss due to a defective or unsafe product - and we have won. Our Los Angeles product liability lawyers don't shrink away from a fight, even when we are dealing with the largest automaker in the United States, a giant corporation or an industry leader.
We have the knowledge, experience, skill and the resources it takes to stand up and fight against large corporations that refuse to take responsibility for their defectively manufactured or designed products.
Companies vigorously fight product liability claims to protect their bottom line and reputation. If they accept your claim without a fight, they are essentially admitting that their product is defective. This can hurt their sales and stock value. Therefore, it is common to see companies employ teams of lawyers to aggressively fight the allegations in court.
Proving a Product Liability Case
Companies are responsible for the safety and effectiveness of the products they manufacture. If you have suffered an injury or other damages because of a defective product, you may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer of that product to recover financial compensation for your injuries and damages. This type of lawsuit is called a product liability claim. These types of claims not only aim to help injured victims obtain fair compensation, but also help hold the negligent product manufacturers accountable.
An experienced Los Angeles product liability lawyer understands the intricate details of these types of cases and winning them requires a talented personal injury lawyer that has specialty in this field. Proving that a product is defective is an important part of any product liability lawsuit. There are three ways in which a product can be defective:
- Defective manufacturing: This is when mistakes are made during the making or assembly of the product. In such cases, a limited number of the products may be defective because of errors made during the manufacturing process. Products that are typically involved in this type of defective product liability claim are children's products and vehicles.
- Defective design: Some products are dangerous no matter how well they are manufactured. These types of cases do not involve a single faulty product, but an entire line of products that are inherently dangerous. For example, many SUV models are extremely dangerous because they are designed with a higher center of gravity and narrower tack width, which makes them more prone to rollover crashes.
- Defective marketing: This type of claim involves a failure to adequately warn or instruct consumers. Promoting a product to do something it cannot is a form of defective marketing. Failing to inform consumers about the potential consequences of using the product is a form of negligence as well.
There are many potentially liable parties in cases involving defective products. In many cases, it is possible to include all parties involved in the products chain of distribution. This means that potentially liable parties include the manufacturer as well as the retailer, supplier, wholesaler and distributor. It is even possible to file a claim against designers, quality control engineers and consultants if their negligence contributed to your injury.
Successful Los Angeles Defective Product Lawsuits
There are a number of basic elements that must be proved for a product liability case to be successful:
- You have suffered an injury or other type of loss.
- The product involved in the case was defective in some way.
- The nature of the defect directly caused your injuries or damages.
- You were using the defective product as intended at the time of the accident.
The Los Angeles Statute of Limitations
There is a limited amount of time that available to plaintiffs to file any injury claim. This time limit or deadline is known as statute of limitations. Once this time has passed, you will no longer able to receive compensation for your losses.
There are exceptions, but in general, there is a two-year statute of limitations on defective product cases in Los Angeles.
A Los Angeles Product Liability Laywer For Your Claim
Before deciding whether or not to file a claim, it is helpful to know how much your claim may be worth. In order to do this, you must have a basic understanding of the current and future losses you have suffered as a result of your injuries. Have you missed work? Are there medical bills, hospitalizations fees or the cost of rehabilitation services that need to be paid or covered? These are economic losses that can be included in your claim.
In cases involving serious injuries, it is possible to pursue non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. In some product liability cases, it is even possible to pursue compensation for punitive damages. This is when a company is penalized for their negligence or wrongdoing. The size of the punitive damages is related to the severity of the company's wrongdoing. This form of punishment is reserved for cases where a product manufacturer has been particularly reckless.
For a true legal assessment of your claim, speak to a Los Angeles Product Liability Attorney at 323-238-4683 for a Free case consultation today.