Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyers
People are injured in Santa Ana car accidents every day. Suffering a serious injury crash can flip your whole life upside down. It is important that injured victims are given the support they need to fully recover physically, financially and emotionally. Furthermore, negligent drivers should be held accountable for injuries and losses they cause to victims and their families.
The car accident attorneys of Bisnar Chase have the resources & experience to win cases. We are familiar with the local courts and defense teams in Santa Ana and will fight for you against the insurance companies.
If you've been injured in a no fault car accident contact our Santa Ana Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We have a 96% success rate and have collected over $300M in verdicts and settlements for our clients. CALL 949-203-3815 today.
Getting Fair Compensation
It is possible to pursue financial compensation for all of the losses you have suffered in a Santa Ana car or truck accident. A successful personal injury claim against a negligent driver can result in support for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of earning potential, mental anguish and other related damages. It is important that you understand the potential value of your claim before accepting an offer from the insurance company. Getting fair compensation can prove challenging, but there are legal resources available to help you through the proceedings.
The experienced Santa Ana car accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase know what it takes to help you secure fair and full compensation for all your injuries, damages and losses. We have an impeccable record - a 97 percent success rate with all our personal injury cases. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, please contact our office at 949-203-3814 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
Santa Ana Car Accidents
According to the California Highway Patrol's Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System, there were 100 traffic deaths and 13,368 injuries resulting from Orange County car accidents in the year 2010. In the city of Santa Ana, 10 people were killed and 1,461 were injured in car crashes during that same year. Here are some of the citywide statistics for 2010:
- Five fatalities and 152 injuries as a result of DUI crashes.
- Six deaths and 134 injuries that resulted from pedestrian accidents
- 151 injuries suffered by bicyclists in car accidents
- One death and 49 injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents
Injuries Suffered in Santa Ana Crashes
The severity of the injuries sustained in a Santa Ana car accident are Dependant on the size and speed of the vehicles involved, the safety features in the vehicle, the angle at which the vehicles collide and whether the vehicles' occupants are buckled up. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), seatbelts saved more than 75,000 lives between the years 2004 and 2008. Approximately 42 percent of passengers who were killed in the year 2007 were unbelted.
Even if your airbag deploys and you are properly belted in, you could still sustain serious injuries in a crash. Injuries that are commonly suffered in Santa Ana car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: You could suffer a brain injury in a car accident if your head makes contact with the interior of the car or if your head is shaken so violently that your brain impacts the inside of your skull. Anyone who has lost consciousness or who feels confused after being in an accident should see a doctor right away. Even mild concussions can have devastating consequences.
- Multiple bone fractures: Your legs, arms and ribs can get crushed in a car accident. It is particularly common for victims to suffer bone fractures in head-on collisions and t-bone crashes when vehicles collide without first slowing down.
- Internal injuries: When the bones are broken, the internal organs they protect can get crushed or pierced. The symptoms of trauma to the heart, lungs and liver can last a lifetime.
- Lacerations: If the windshield, side windows or mirrors shatter during an accident, occupants may sustain severe laceration injuries that could even require surgery.
- Neck injuries: The violent jerking motion that can happen in a car accident, especially in a rear-end collision, can result in neck strain injuries known as whiplash. If not properly treated, whiplash injuries can get progressively worse resulting in debilitating pain and stiffness.
Seeking Medical Attention
If you are hurt in a car or truck crash, it is critical that you seek prompt medical attention. Obtaining an early diagnosis and treatment can greatly increase your chances of having a full recovery. Furthermore, your medical records can be used in court to show that you were injured. If you fail to see a doctor right away, the insurance company involved may claim that you were not really hurt. You can avoid this type of scrutiny by seeking immediate attention and by keeping organized records of each hospital visits, treatments undergone and expenses incurred.
Immediately Following the Accident
Seeing a doctor is not the only thing you should do after a crash. Before leaving the crash site, make sure you write down everything you remember about the accident. Collect the insurance information from the other driver or drivers involved. Write down the contact number for anyone who may have witnessed the accident as well. If you have a camera on your phone, photograph the vehicles, their positions, the marked roadway and your injuries.