Newport Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death and injury in Newport Beach. If you've been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident please contact our Newport Beach car accident lawyers for a free case review. We've been helping injured plaintiffs since 1978. We will front all costs for your case and if you don't win, you won't pay.
Hiring the Right Newport Beach Law Firm
The experienced Newport Beach car accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase have successfully helped numerous clients obtain fair and full compensation for their significant losses. Please contact us at 949-203-3814 to obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights. Bisnar Chase has been located in Newport Beach California for over three decades and we love our community. It's important to us that we are here to help our neighbors in their time of need. We want to be the right personal injury attorney for you. Let us hear your case details and see if we can help you get the compensation and support you deserve.
Newport Beach is one of the most affluent cities in the nation. It has a beautiful coastline and sun-kissed beaches that draw millions of tourists every year. Often, we see that Newport Beach's roadways are not designed to handle the kind of traffic the city gets each year, particularly in the summer, when beach-goers throng the sands and jostle for parking spaces along the shoreline. The prevalence of bars and restaurants that serve alcohol also increases the probability of alcohol-related collisions in Newport Beach. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Newport Beach car accident, it is important that you understand your legal rights and options.
How Common are Newport Beach Car Accidents?
According to California Highway Patrol's 2010 Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), 100 fatalities and 13,368 injuries resulted from traffic accidents in Orange County. In the city of Newport Beach, there was 450 injuries reported due to traffic accidents during that same year. Of the Newport Beach car accidents that year, 63 were alcohol-related. Driving under the influence continues to be a problem in Newport Beach.
Injuries Suffered in Newport Beach Traffic Accidents
Repairing your vehicle can be expensive, but it is nothing compared to the physical, emotional and financial cost of suffering an injury. Even if you are in a relatively low-speed collision while wearing a seatbelt, you can still sustain a traumatic injury. For example, if you are involved in a rear-end collision, you can experience soft tissue neck injuries that can make moving your head extremely painful.
If you strike your head on your steering wheel, dashboard or window, you can sustain a traumatic brain injury with short- or long-term consequences. It is also common for victims of car accidents to suffer bone fractures, lacerations, sprains, strains, contusions and burns. If there is any chance that you have been hurt in a crash, or even if you don't believe you have been injured, it is important that you see your doctor. Early diagnosis and treatment will give you the best chance of having a full recovery. Furthermore, you will have a clear record of your injuries and the treatment you received.
Protecting Your Rights in Newport Beach
There are many ways in which you can protect your rights after a California car crash. Immediately after the accident, you should:
- Call the authorities. All injury accidents must be reported to the police.
- Stay at the crash site. You are considered a hit-and-run driver if you leave the site of an injury accident.
- Offer assistance. In addition to making sure your occupants are safe, you must also provide assistance to anyone else who may have been hurt in the crash.
- Take photos. Every piece of evidence can prove useful if you later choose to file a claim. Take photos of the site of the crash, the vehicles and your injuries.
- Write down the details. It is easy to forget minor details such as how fast you were going, exactly when the accident occurred and what you were doing at the time of the crash. Write down everything you remember as soon as you can get your hands on a piece of paper.
- Be careful what you say. It is best not to discuss the details of the accident with anyone. What you say can be used against you, so remember to never admit fault for the crash.
- Collect critical information. Before leaving the crash site to go the hospital, make sure you have all the information you need. You should have the phone number, name and insurance provider of all of the drivers involved in the crash. You should also have contact information from anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
The Potential Value of Your California Claim
Ideally, the insurance provider of the driver responsible for the crash will offer you a settlement that covers all of the damages you have suffered. Simply covering the damage to your car, or your initial medical bills, is not adequate. Make sure you understand the potential value of your claim before accepting an offer. Once you agree to a settlement, you essentially forfeit your right to pursue additional compensation and your case will be closed.
You may seek support for your current and future medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning potential, the cost of hospitalization, rehabilitation services and additional treatment, physical pain, mental anguish and other related damages. Keep records of your losses and write a journal documenting your struggles since the accident.
Get Immediate Help
Call our office to see how we can help you. The call is free, there is no obligation and you may be entitled to compensation. Call 949-203-3814.
Newport Beach Ca 92660