Employment Lawyers Los Angeles
Call an experienced employment lawyer in Los Angeles at 323-238-4683 today for a Free consultation to discuss your legal options. There are a number of rights that all employees have under California and federal law. When an employee's rights are violated, he or she would be well advised to discuss his or her legal options with an experienced Los Angeles employment lawyer. In cases where a number of employees have been mistreated by the same employer, the workers can combine their claims into one class action lawsuit against the company.
Class Action Lawsuits Against Employers
Class action lawsuits are common in cases involving employment issues because an employer who violates the rights of one employee is likely violating the rights of many employees. It is common for wronged employees to have difficulty obtaining a skilled employment lawyer because the damages are so small.
If, however, the rights of multiple employees have been violated, a reputed Los Angeles class action lawyer with a history of holding large corporations accountable may be more willing to consider the case and hold the company liable for its wrongful actions.
Requirements for an Employment Class Action Lawsuit
Not all lawsuits qualify as a class action. Here are a few examples of requirements that should be met before creating a class action suit:
- Commonality: All potential class members should have suffered similar violations and have similar concerns.
- Impracticality: There must be so many employees and class members that it is unreasonable for each to file an individual claim against the company.
- Typicality: There must be a class representative who has been damaged in a similar fashion as the other members of the class.
- Beneficial: It must be beneficial for the employees and the employer for the claims to be combined into a class action suit.
Benefits of Filing a Class Action Lawsuit Against Your Employer
If you are unsure about filing a class action lawsuit, you may want to consider the many potential benefits.
- Most class action lawsuit attorneys in Los Angeles will work on a contingency basis. This means that you will not have to pay anything until after your case is won.
- There is also a lesser chance of facing backlash for filing a claim against your employer if you are part of a class action lawsuit. Instead of your name being on the claim, only the class representative will be listed.
- Additionally, a class action suit will actually save the court resources because instead of having to deal with many claims, there will only be one case. For the individual who decides to be the class representative, there is the potential for a service award in addition to the damages.
- Last but not the least, a successful class action lawsuit will put a stop to the illegal conduct of the company. Ideally, this will create a fair workplace for the current and future employees.
Examples of Labor Law Infractions
There are a number of violations that employers may commit that can lead to a class action lawsuit. Many class action suits involve companies that have spent years denying employees proper overtime pay. Others involve a failure to provide legally required breaks.
Companies that violate these types of California labor laws often fail to provide adequate records of the hours worked as well. Another serious type of infraction that can lead to a class action lawsuit involves companies exercising a pattern of racial, gender or age discrimination against their employees.
Hire The Best Los Angeles Employment Rights Law Firm
Anyone who believes that his or her rights as an employee have been violated would be well advised to get in touch with an experienced Los Angeles employment lawyer. The knowledgeable personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase have what it takes to fight for your rights. You do not have to take abuse, harassment or mistreatment from your employer.
Call us today at 323-238-4683 for a Free no obligation consultation with one of our top rated employment trial lawyers.