Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
Driving is a casual activity most people are comfortable with, feel safe and think nothing of, but Los Angeles car accident attorneys know otherwise. Driving to work, picking the kids up from school, picking up groceries, road trips and practically anything you can think of. The aspect that is overlooked is the fact that these vehicles we use for daily transportation and recreation are giant pieces of metal that are very heavy, very dangerous and can cause catastrophic damage.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact a Bisnar Chase Los Angeles personal injury attorney. For immediate assistance, call (323) 238-4683.
Situations that can result in a car accident
Throughout the last five years, an average of just over 600 people were killed in car accidents in a variety of situations:
- Alcohol and drug impaired driving
- Using a digital device
- Texting, phone calls, social media, emails, etc.
- Auto defects and mechanical errors
- Sudden road hazards and dangerous road conditions
- Roadway departure
- Intersection related
- Falling asleep
- Rear endings
- Running stop signs and red lights
- Single vehicle and passenger cars
- Looking away from the road for too long
- Other distracting activities while driving
The experienced Los Angeles car accident attorneys at Bisnar Chase have successfully represented those who have suffered serious or catastrophic injuries as a result of car crashes. Our goal in each and every case is to provide superior legal representation, a very high quality of customer service and to help our severely injured clients and their families seek and obtain maximum compensation for their tremendous losses.
Our dedicated and experienced personal injury lawyers have been helping people injured in car accidents for over 35 years. We've won over $300 million dollars and may be able to help you too. Call us at (323) 238-4683 to find out how we can help you.
Injured in a car accident in LA?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, there are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your legal rights and best interests are protected:
- File a police report and make sure you get a copy for your own records.
- Get as much information as you can about other parties involved in the collision including driver's license, vehicle license plates, auto insurance policy information, contacts (telephone, address, e-mail), vehicle registration information, etc.
- Gather as much evidence as possible from the accident scene. Take photographs of the vehicles involved, damage to the vehicles and any injuries sustained. Get contact information for any eyewitnesses. If you are unable to collect this information, request a family member or friend to do so. Such critical pieces of evidence will be difficult or impossible to obtain once the accident scene is cleared out.
- Seek and obtain prompt medical attention and treatment for your injuries.
- Save all bills and receipts of expenses related to the accident and injury.
- Contact an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney who will help you understand your legal rights and options.
Car accident statistics
Annual Global Road Crash Statistics from ASIRT (Association for Safe International Road Travel)
- Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.
- An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.
- More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.
- Road traffic crashes rank as the 9th leading cause of death and account for 2.2% of all deaths globally.
- Road crashes are the leading cause of death among young people ages 15-29, and the second leading cause of death worldwide among young people ages 5-14.
- Each year nearly 400,000 people under 25 die on the world's roads, on average over 1,000 a day.
- Over 90% of all road fatalities occur in low and middle-income countries, which have less than half of the world's vehicles.
- Road crashes cost USD $518 billion globally, costing individual countries from 1-2% of their annual GDP.
- Road crashes cost low and middle-income countries USD $65 billion annually, exceeding the total amount received in developmental assistance.
- Unless action is taken, road traffic injuries are predicted to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030.
Annual United States Road Crash Statistics
- Over 37,000 people die in road crashes each year
- An additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled
- Over 1,600 children under 15 years of age die each year
- Nearly 8,000 people are killed in crashes involving drivers ages 16-20
- Road crashes cost the U.S. $230.6 billion per year, or an average of $820 per person
- Road crashes are the single greatest annual cause of death of healthy U.S. citizens traveling abroad
Hit and runs are prevalent in Los Angeles
According to an article, sourced by LA Weekly:
“About 20,000 hit-and-run crashes, from fender benders to multiple fatalities, are recorded by the Los Angeles Police Department each year.
That’s huge, even in a city of 3.8 million people. In the United States, 11 percent of vehicle collisions are hit-and-runs. But in Los Angeles, L.A. Weekly has learned, an incredible 48 percent of crashes were hit-and-runs in 2009, the most recent year for which complete statistics are available.
According to data collected by the state, some 4,000 hit-and-run crashes a year inside L.A. city limits, including cases handled by LAPD, California Highway Patrol and the L.A. County Sheriff, resulted in injury and/or death. Of those, according to a federal study, about 100 pedestrians died; the number of motorists and bicyclists who die would push that toll even higher.
In other words, Los Angeles drivers are four-and-a-half times more likely to bail after an accident than the country on the whole.”
To read the full article, click Here.
Do you need a car accident lawyer?
If you did not suffer an injury in a car accident or if you escaped with scratches or relatively minor injuries that did not require you to go to the doctor or get hospitalized, you can probably handle the accident claim on your own by talking to your auto insurance company.
However, if you did suffer an injury that caused you to be hospitalized, seek physical therapy and miss workdays, then, you have a more complicated injury claim in your hands. It would be in your best interest to retain the services of a reputed car accident law firm that has a long and successful track record negotiating with insurance companies and handling cases that are similar to yours. Let the highly skill team of lawyers at Bisnar Chase be of assistance to you.
Why you cannot trust the insurance company
Here's something everyone needs to understand very clearly: The insurance company is not your friend. You cannot trust them to do what's in your best interest. And that's because they are for-profit corporations that are only concerned about one thing – profits.
One of the ways in which insurance companies make sure their bottom line is secure is by denying claims, even when they are valid and justified.
This is why it is not a good idea for injured victims -- who are already in a vulnerable position because of their present condition and recent traumatic experience – to stand alone against a multi-billion-dollar corporation that has defense lawyers on its beck and call, to protect its interests.
You need an advocate on your side, who will look out for your best interests. An experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer can be that advocate who will not rest until you have been awarded just compensation for your losses. Let our skilled negotiating attorneys work on your behalf while you recover and regain your strength.
What is your claim worth?
The worth or value of your car accident claim will depend on the nature and extent of your injuries and the types of damages and losses you have sustained. The higher the damages and losses, the more your claim will be worth. Some of the elements that would determine the value of your claim include:
- Medical expenses: This refers to any expenses you may have incurred in terms of emergency treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, cost of medication, medical equipment and rehabilitative therapy.
- Lost wages: If you lose income because you had to take days off work, then you can seek compensation for the wages you lost as you took time off to recover from your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: If you suffered a permanent injury or disability that prevents you from going back to your job or reduces your earning capacity, you can seek compensation for those losses that will include lost future income.
- Noneconomic damages: Seriously injured car accident victims suffer not only physical pain, but also mental anguish. A car accident is a traumatic event and it can take a toll on your body and emotions. Victims can also seek compensation from the at-fault parties for pain and suffering and emotional distress.
How the process works
The first step for Los Angeles car accident victims would be to call our law firm. We always offer free initial consultations where you will get an opportunity to discuss your case with us. You will receive a comprehensive evaluation and sense of what the process entails and how long it would take. You can get an idea of how the process works by using our interactive car accident case time-line tool.
If you choose to retain us, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf against one or more defendants, depending on the circumstances of your case. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with a superior level of customer service by keeping them posted about the status of their case and keeping them informed every step of the way.
Don’t pay anything until we win
We offer a no-win, no-fee guarantee to our clients. This means that you don't pay any fees or costs until we win or settle the case for you. If you don't get paid, we don't get paid.
Our experienced and knowledgeable Los Angeles car accident attorneys are here to ensure that you receive fair and full compensation for your losses. We have an impeccable record when it comes to fighting insurance companies and protecting our clients' rights. We will not allow insurance companies or anyone else to take advantage of your vulnerability. If you are unable to come to us because of your injuries, we will come to you.
For immediate assistance, call us at (323) 238-4683 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation and a comprehensive case evaluation.
Los Angeles, California 90045