Santa Ana Personal Injury Trial Lawyers
Have you suffered a personal injury? Call Bisnar Chase Santa Ana Personal Injury Attorneys right away at 949-203-3814 for a Free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers.
When you or a loved one suffers a serious or catastrophic injury suddenly and unexpectedly, it could turn your entire world upside down. You are probably looking at mounting medical bills. You are likely unable to go to work because you have been hospitalized or you have undergone surgery and need to rest.
Personal injuries are challenging, life-altering situations that leave you scared, confused and frustrated. But the silver lining here is: You don't have to do it alone.
With the help of an experienced and knowledgeable Santa Ana personal injury lawyer, you can obtain compensation to cover your damages and losses. A skilled trial lawyer will fight to protect your rights and ensure have the resources to present a strong case.
What to Do if You Have Suffered A Personal Injury
Whether you have been involved in a Santa Ana car accident, pedestrian accident or slip-and-fall accident, it is important that you get medical attention right away. If you or your loved ones have been injured, call 911 for help. Get prompt medical attention. Not only does this serve as a record of your injuries and the treatment you received, but it also gives you the best shot at a speedy and complete recovery.
Remain at the scene and file a police report if you have been hurt in a traffic accident. Make sure you obtain a copy of the report. Write down contact information for other parties involved as well as for those who may have witnessed the incident.
The Importance of Accident Documentation
In order to present a strong claim, it is crucial that you document your losses diligently and methodically. Here are some of the items and pieces of evidence that can significantly bolster your claim:
- Photographic evidence including images from the scene of the incident, of your injuries and of vehicles, if the incident was a car accident.
- A journal detailing your injuries, the extent of your pain and things you could or could not do.
- Records of medical receipts, prescriptions, medical device receipts, co-payments, doctor office visits, physical therapy visits, chiropractor appointments.
- All correspondence including e-mails relating to your medical issues and expenses.
- Travel expenses for medical appointments and other visits related to the incident.
- Lost wages and any income lost due to the incident.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
Your legal options will depend on the type of incident in which you were involved and what caused it.
- Personal injury claim: You can file a lawsuit against a person or entity that caused your injuries through an act of negligence or wrongdoing. For example, if a drunk driver injures you, you can take that person to court by filing a personal injury claim. If that person was on the job when he or she caused the crash, his or her employer can also be held liable. You may be able to get the support you need by just requesting payment from the at-fault driver's insurance.
- Product liability claim: You can file a claim against the manufacturer of a defective product that has caused you harm. For example, you can file a product liability claim against the manufacturer of a defective vehicle that caused your accident or against the maker of a prescription drug that resulted in serious side effects or personal harm.
- Premises liability claim: It is possible to file a premises liability claim against a property owner if you were hurt because of dangerous conditions that were preventable. You will have to show that the property owner knew of the hazardous conditions and failed to fix them.
- Wrongful death claim: You can file a civil wrongful death claim against the party responsible for the death of your loved one. A successful wrongful death claim can result in compensation for medical and funeral costs, lost future income, pain and suffering and loss of love and companionship.
Contacting a Santa Ana Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered a minor injury, you may be able to secure fair compensation for your losses by talking to your insurance company. If, however, you have suffered a serious injury, you should at least discuss your potential claim with a personal injury lawyer. Insurance adjusters are skilled at finding reasons to deny large claims. They will very likely try to bait you with a low-ball offer in an attempt to get you to settle.
Although it is often tempting to accept a quick settlement and put all the unpleasantness behind you, it is important to remember that the decision you make could affect your personal and financial future. Once you rush into a settlement and sign that agreement, your case will be closed. Even if you incur expenses later, there is no way for you to recover those losses.
This is why having an experienced Santa Ana personal injury lawyer on your side can help ensure that you make the right decisions at the critical time. A knowledgeable attorney can help you avoid those pitfalls that can jeopardize your claim.
Finding the Right Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured, you need a lawyer who has handled a case that is similar to yours. For example, if you have suffered injuries as the result of an auto product defect, you need a law firm that has the resources to hire experts and conduct crash tests, which can be quite costly.
You also need a law firm that will advance all costs so you do not have to pay anything if you do not recover. The law firm of Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys works on a contingent fee basis, which means that we do not collect any fees unless you collect compensation.
We also advance all costs connected to the case. This is our way of helping you save potentially thousands of dollars and have peace of mind knowing that we are working hard on your behalf.
If you would like to discuss your case or a potential claim, please contact us at 949-203-3814 for a Free comprehensive and confidential consultation.