California Personal Injury Lawyers
For Immediate Help With a California Injury Claim Call 949-203-3814
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, you probably have a number of questions running through your mind. Should you retain the services of a personal injury lawyer?
Will you be able to seek compensation for your injuries? Will you be able to work as you recover from your injuries? Will you get disability pay? How will you pay for your medical costs? Should you accept a payment from an insurance company? How much is your claim worth? How long will it take to settle your claim?
Each and every one of these questions is valid. If you have been injured, it would be in your best interest to contact an experienced California personal injury lawyer who can help you understand your legal rights and options. Remember, the insurance company is not your friend. They are extremely profitable corporations that aim to remain profitable. They do so by denying or minimizing the value of claims. In short, they are not looking out for what is best for you. This is why you need the services of an experienced injury lawyers who will fight for your rights and look out for your best interests.
What Should You Do if You Have Sustained a Personal Injury?
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, it is important that you remain still and wait for emergency personnel to arrive. If, however, you are able to collect information, there are a number of steps you can take to protect your rights. Make sure that you write down the contact information for all parties involved including anyone who may have witnessed the accident. It is also important to obtain a copy of the police report, to take photos of the site of the incident, to photograph your injuries and to seek out immediate medical attention. Once you have seen a medical professional, it may be in your best interest to discuss your situation with a personal injury lawyer before calling an insurance provider or accepting a settlement.
Types of Personal Injuries
The experienced California personal injury lawyers at Bisnar | Chase handle cases involving personal injuries caused by:
- Auto accidents: Negligent drivers can be held accountable for the damages and injuries they cause. For example, a number of auto accidents are caused by drivers who are under the influence, distracted, speeding or otherwise breaking the law. We have helped numerous seriously injured car accident victims seek compensation for their significant losses.
- Brain and spinal cord injuries: These are catastrophic injuries or permanent injuries that can have a lasting impact on the lives of not only the victims, but their families. Our law firm has helped victims of these types of injuries obtain compensation for not only medical expenses, but also for continuing treatment and care costs, which could add up to millions of dollars during the individual's lifetime.
- Premises liability: It is the responsibility of property owners to provide reasonably safe conditions for all visitors, guests, workers and tenants. For example, an individual who has suffered injuries as the result of dangerous and defective conditions on a property can file a personal injury claim.
- Defective auto: Not all California car accidents are the direct result of driver negligence. Some crashes result from a mechanical malfunction or defective auto part. In such cases, the auto manufacturer or the maker of the defective auto part can be held liable.
- Dog bites: Under California's strict liability statute, dog owners can be held accountable for the injuries caused by the pets. Dog attacks often result in debilitating injuries, disfigurement and significant emotional trauma.
- Workplace accidents: These include construction accidents or just any type of injury or illness suffered by an individual on the job.
Compensation for your Losses
Financial compensation may be available for all or most of your losses. For example, if you required medical treatment because of someone else's negligence, financial compensation should be available for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost current and future income
- Hospitalization and surgery costs
- Permanent injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Avoiding the Pitfalls
The extent of compensation in your personal injury case will often depend on various factors such as who was at fault, who is liable and what avenues of compensation are available. It would be in victims' best interests to refrain from talking to insurance companies. If you have been involved in a car accident, your insurance adjuster will try to get as much information as possible from you. He or she may talk or act like your best friend and well wisher. However, that's what they are trained to do. Their job is not to help you. Their job is to make a profit for the insurance company, which is usually accomplished by denying or reducing the value of your claim.
This is why it is crucial that you consult an experienced California personal injury lawyer before you talk to an adjuster or accept a settlement from the insurance company. Do not rush into a settlement without consulting your lawyer. Once you do so, you have shut the door on your claim. The case will be considered closed. Also, remember not to sign any documents that provide insurance companies or other parties access to your personal information such as health or financial records. If you are active on social networking sites, it would be in your best interest to suspend or curtail such activity until your claim is settled. Insurance companies or defense lawyers can use what you post on these sites against you.
Choosing the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
It can be challenging to find the right personal injury lawyer in California. There are many law firms that claim to have the experience and expertise to handle your personal injury claim, but few have the proven track record it takes to help you succeed. It is important to seek referrals, to conduct online research and to meet with the lawyer personally to determine if he or she can help you.
Why Bisnar | Chase?
Our lawyers are among the best-rated personal injury lawyers in California. Since 1978, our law firm has served more than 6,000 clients and recovered hundreds of millions of dollars. Our success rate is more than 97 percent. We provide superior customer service - the kind we would want ourselves or our family members to receive - should we be placed in a similar position. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you don't pay anything until after you have been compensation. What's more, our initial consultations are always free of charge. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, please contact us at 949-203-3814 for a free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.
(click on icons for more information)