If you have been injured due to someone else’s careless or reckless behavior, contact the Bakersfield personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase now. Our firm has over 45 years of experience and over $750 million won in our clients’ verdicts, judgments, and settlements.
Bakersfield has been one of the fastest-growing cities in California, with its population now at 389,000. As with all major cities, a greater number of people often means a greater risk of accidents and injuries. That is where a Bakersfield personal injury law firm comes in.
Bisnar Chase personal injury attorneys have taken on the toughest of cases, securing outstanding results for clients in cases ranging from car accidents to dog bites. Our expert team members are here to take your call.
We are experts when it comes to holding wrongdoers accountable and securing fair compensation for injury victims. If you have suffered an injury in or near Bakersfield, we can help. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, ongoing expenses, etc.
Call (800) 561-4887 for a free consultation with no obligations. Find out how much your case could be worth.
Bakersfield Personal Injury Resources
Common Bakersfield Personal Injuries
Bakersfield is a growing city with an already large population. With so many people, there is a greater risk of accidents and injuries, especially when it comes to auto accidents. Below are some of the most common accidents in and around Bakersfield that result in serious injuries.
Most Common Personal Injury Cases in Bakersfield
- Car Accidents: California is famous for its congestion, and congested roads and heavy traffic often lead to more accidents. Bakersfield is no exception. Statistics show more than 3,000 car accidents in Bakersfield each year. The data shows that in 2017 there were 2,100 recorded injuries and 53 deaths caused by vehicle collisions. Car crashes can occur for various reasons, many of which involve negligence. This could include drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding, and more.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Statistics indicate that about one million Americans suffer slip or trip and fall injuries every year. In some cases, slips can be minor. But they can also lead to serious injuries, from broken bones to spinal cord injuries. You might be able to file a lawsuit after a slip and fall accident if it was caused by negligence. For example, if it was caused by a spillage that should have been cleared or broken steps that should have been fixed.
- Dog Bites: A dog bite can cause serious injuries, leaving victims with physical and emotional scars. It will probably be no surprise that dog attack numbers are particularly high across California. Dog bites in Bakersfield are subject to California state laws, which hold animal owners responsible even if their pet has shown no previous signs of aggression. An experienced attorney can help you file a dog bite lawsuit and win compensation for your injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Exactly 42 pedestrians lost their lives in fatal accidents in Bakersfield over a year, according to 23abc Bakersfield. Experts say that people can prevent pedestrian accidents by simply paying attention. Kern County officials have set up new pedestrian crosswalk signs to prevent pedestrian accidents and are working on adding more.
- Workplace Accidents: Employment injuries can include any harm caused by negligence, lack of care, or improper instruction or supervision within the workplace. These cases can often be resolved through workers’ compensation claims but may require an attorney to ensure employees are fairly treated. Liable parties can include employers, premises owners, manufacturers, and more.
- Bicycle Accidents: California’s climate lends itself to walking and cycling all year round. Many people choose to ride their bikes in Bakersfield, but this can be dangerous when they come into contact with negligent road users or have to deal with poor road conditions. A bike accident can leave the cyclist with major injuries.
- Other Road Users: It is not just car accidents that can cause serious injuries on the roads around Bakersfield. We have dealt with the fallout from accidents and collisions involving trucks, motorcycles, vans, commercial vehicles, and everything else imaginable. No matter what kind of vehicle you are in or come into contact with, our Bakersfield injury attorneys can help.
- Wrongful Death: Many accidents result in injuries, but in the worst-case scenarios, a victim can suffer fatal injuries. When this happens, our wrongful death attorneys can work with surviving family members in Bakersfield to help them seek justice.
These are just a few examples of some of the most common accident types in and around Bakersfield. Bisnar Chase deals with a wide variety of cases and can help you with the vast majority of personal injury claims and employment issues. Our practice areas include:
- Bakersfield car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises Liability, including slip and falls
- Dog bites and attacks
- Auto defect cases
- Class actions – including cases like talcum powder, Zantac, and Roundup
- Defective product injuries
- Employment disputes such as wrongful termination and wage and hour claims
- And much more. Visit our practice areas page for more information.
Well-Known Personal Injury Cases in Bakersfield
In November of 2009, deputies of the Ridgecrest Substation went to search for a 30-year-old female that had fallen into a mine shaft. The Indian Wells Mine Rescue Team and Kern County Fire worked together to reach the woman. She had fallen approximately 100 feet down a vertical shaft and was found dead. It is well-known that working in mines is a dangerous job, yet Bakersfield mining accident attorneys will tell you it is the responsibility of the company owner to ensure the safety of their employees, especially since so many Kern County — the county in which Bakersfield is located — residents take up this occupation.
The city of Bakersfield is one of the fastest-growing communities in the United States. The population was estimated at 389,007 as of 2021, making it the 9th largest city in California and the 51st largest city in the United States, according to U.S. Census estimates.
Like any growing, heavily populated area, the increased activity of the citizens of Bakersfield leads to increased instances of serious personal injury.
The top Bakersfield personal injury attorneys at Bisnar Chase specialize in complex and economically significant Central Valley personal injury litigation throughout California.
Brian Chase discussing how he and the staff at Bisnar Chase have a deep level of compassion for our clients and how we work collectively to make their recovery an easier process.
Whether you were injured in an automobile crash, a slip and fall accident, a truck accident or a dog bite attack, our experienced California car accident lawyers at Bisnar Chase can help defend your rights to compensation under the law.
What is Your Bakersfield Personal Injury Lawsuit Worth?
Accidents can have a devastating impact on victims, both physically and financially. Even relatively minor incidents, such as low-impact car accidents or falls, can have major repercussions.
Victims may be left having to take time off work while they recover or have to pay for expensive hospital treatment or ongoing rehab and care. But you should not have to manage these expenses when another person’s negligence caused your accident.
At Bisnar Chase, our expert Bakersfield injury attorneys can maximize your claim’s value, helping you recover both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover specific financial costs faced by the victim, such as medical expenses or damaged property. In contrast, non-economic damages help to compensate victims for intangible factors, such as pain and suffering.
Every case is different, and the amount of compensation a client could receive will depend completely on the specifics of their case. But some of the factors can include:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Damage property
- Rehab costs
- Ongoing treatment and care
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and emotional trauma related to the accident
- Lost quality of life
- Lasting scarring or disfigurement
We will help you secure the financial compensation and justice that you deserve. We take pride in helping those who sustain injuries get back on their feet after an accident, ensuring they are made whole and not left out of pocket.
Who is Liable For Your Personal Injury?
It is important to identify the parties responsible for your accident and injuries, which is not always as straightforward as it seems.
An injury lawsuit can be filed in Bakersfield when an act of negligence causes the accident, at least in part. If multiple people or parties share responsibility, multiple people can be targeted in any legal action.
Examples of liability in personal injury cases include:
- Careless or reckless drivers
- Negligent property owners who fail to maintain safe conditions
- Employers who have a duty of care for their staff
- Businesses with a duty of care for customers
- Negligent product designers and manufacturers who create unsafe goods
- Dog owners have a duty to make sure their pets do not harm others
These are just some examples of potential liability. Your attorney will help you identify the negligent parties, make a claim against their insurance, or file a lawsuit against them personally.
Do You Need to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many people are hesitant to hire an attorney for an injury case. There can be several reasons for this, from being unsure about the costs to not wanting to deal with a drawn-out legal process.
We understand that filing a lawsuit can be daunting, but we believe that having proper legal representation is essential. Here’s why:
- Hold wrongdoers accountable: When you are injured due to another person’s actions, they need to take responsibility. Filing a lawsuit forces them to do so. A lawsuit can force large companies and manufacturers to maintain quality and safety standards as well as hold individuals accountable.
- Win the compensation you deserve: Make sure you are not left out of pocket by recouping compensation for everything from hospital bills to lost wages.
- Take the burden off you: The idea of starting a lawsuit can be daunting, but Bisnar Chase will handle every aspect of your case to allow you to focus on recovery while we seek damages for you.
- Risk-free: The best attorneys will not get anything unless they win your case. Read more about our financial pledge to you in the next section of this page.
- Expert help dealing with insurers: Most injury claims at least start with a claim against the liable party’s insurance policy. Insurance companies do not want you to hire an attorney. They are loyal to their bottom line and will often seek any excuse to deny or lowball a claim. Working with a personal injury attorney ensures that you will have an expert negotiator on your side.
- Greater chance of success: Some people try to handle injury claims on their own, but this is usually not a great way to go. Working with an attorney will increase your chances of success and maximize the amount of money you could recover.
Contact our attorneys based in Bakersfield to get superior representation in your case.
Our No Win No Fee Promise
At Bisnar Chase we are Bakersfield no win no fee lawyers. That means that we do not get paid unless you do.
We offer a free initial consultation with no obligations. Once you have spoken to our expert intake team and decided to proceed, the expenses required to win your case will be advanced by our law firm.
If we win your case, a pre-agreed percentage goes to us to cover the expenses and fees, while the majority will go to you. If we do not win your case, you will not owe us anything. This system is designed to make sure everyone has access to the legal help they need when they need it most.
Can You Still File a Lawsuit if You Were Partly at Fault?
Many injury victims are hesitant to file a lawsuit because they may have been partially at fault for the accident, and they fear that will automatically disqualify them from recovering compensation. But that is not the case.
Just because you share some blame does not mean you cannot win the compensation you deserve.
When you are injured in or near Bakersfield, California state laws will apply. In California, we have a legal system known as comparative negligence. Essentially this means that the plaintiff’s compensation will be reduced by a percentage matching their portion of the blame.
This sounds more complicated than it is. For example, if the court judges you to be 10% at fault for the accident, your compensation will be reduced by 10%. But it is still worth taking legal action – you can still win substantial damages.
Bakersfield Accident FAQs
We are here to answer the most important questions before, during, and after you file an injury lawsuit in Bakersfield. If your question is not answered on this page, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Your actions immediately after an accident will depend on the type of accident and the extent of your injuries. Seeking appropriate medical attention is important. Even if your injuries are relatively minor, you should visit a doctor. If you are able to, collect evidence of the accident, such as pictures, video, medical reports, witness statements, etc.
You will usually need to file an injury lawsuit in Bakersfield within two years of the date of the accident, according to the California statute of limitations. We always recommend contacting an attorney for guidance sooner rather than later.
You can contact Bisnar Chase by calling (800) 561-4887, or by emailing us or using the live chat function on our website. You will speak to a member of our expert intake team who will discuss the details of your case with you and let you know what your next step should be. This initial consultation is always free, and you are under no obligations.
Bisnar Chase has a no win no fee promise. If we do not win for you, we do not get paid. This is designed to protect the client and make sure quality legal representation is available to all. Contact us to learn more.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Bakersfield
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident in or around Bakersfield, we can help. Our top-rated law firm has been serving communities across California since 1978. Over that time, we have helped more than 12,000 clients. Our team has a 99% success rate and has recovered more than $750 million.
We take great pride in offering superior representation with a personal touch. We believe in helping people and are dedicated to providing the best results possible for our clients.
Do not delay. Contact the top-rated Bakersfield personal injury lawyers of Bisnar Chase to hold wrongdoers accountable and get the justice and compensation you deserve. Call (800) 561-4887, use the live chat function on our website or click to email us.