Mission Viejo Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident, the experienced Mission Viejo motorcycle accident lawyers of Bisnar Chase can help you better understand your legal rights and options.
Motorcycle riders who are injured in a traumatic accident may have difficulty pursuing the financial compensation they need. Depending on the outcome of the investigation and the type of insurance the victim has, compensation may be available for the losses suffered in the collision.
The Mission Viejo motorcycle accident attorneys of Bisnar Chase can help victims and their families earn the compensation they deserve. If you or someone you love has experienced multiple wounds in a motorcycle crash contact the law firm of Bisnar Chase.
Call 949-203-3814 and receive a free consultation.
Mission Viejo Motorcycle Accidents
If you have been injured in an Orange County motorcycle accident, you are not alone. There are hundreds of motorcycle-related injury accidents every year in Orange County.
According to California Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), in one year, there were 16 injuries reported in Mission Viejo motorcycle accidents. Over the years in Orange County as a whole, 17 people were killed and 735 were injured in motorcycle accidents.
Common Bike Crash Injuries
Reports conclude that in the United States, 4,976 occurred due to motorcycle accidents. Those who do survive bike accidents suffer from serious injuries that can have irreparable damage. Below are the injuries that frequently result from motorcycle incidents.
Traumatic Brain Injuries: Wearing a helmet constantly may be bothersome, but it can be the number one factor that saves you from having permanent brain damage. A helmet is one of the most important protective gear for motorcyclist. If a person has experienced a TBI due to a motorcycle crash some of the symptoms may be disorientation, dazed or the inability to move.
Biker's arm: When a biker experiences a "burn-like" injury on the arms, wrists or hands when a fall occurs this is known as a biker's arm. Signs of biker's arm can be little or no movement in the fingers or no feeling in the arm, hand or fingers. Biker's arm can lead to permanent nerve damage. Physical therapy can one of the kinds of treatment that can help recovery for biker's arm.
Road rash: Road rash appears when the skin scrapes the road during an accident and the skin is then torn off. There are three kinds of road rashes that include open wounds, avulsions and compressions. Permanent scarring, excruciating pain and infections can be the outcome of road rashes.
3 Tips for Avoiding a Motorcycle Accident
Choosing to ride a motorcycle can be dangerous. Fortunately, if you have the knowledge of operating a motorcycle properly you can avoid any errors that would lead to a catastrophic accident. Below are three tips that you can follow to keep yourself safe when riding a motorcycle.
3 tips for preventing a motorcycle accident:
1. Make sure you are always seen by cars: Motorcyclist can be difficult to spot for car drivers. Many people who ride a motorcycle, for the majority of time, land in drivers blind spots. One of the solutions you can adhere to is looking at car wheels to see if they are turning in your direction.
2. Be aware of your surroundings: It is important that motorcycle riders always check their mirrors. While it is critical to pay attention to cars in front of you it is just as crucial to check for cars in back of you as well. If you pay attention to your mirrors you will grasp a better idea of how much distance you have between cars.
3. Keep a safe distance between you and cars: Do not try to beat a car at a turn or when a car is backing up out of a driveway. The best thing to do is slow down and wait until the driver finishes its course of action. Do not drive in between cars as well. Driving in between cars increases your chances of being involved in a motorcycle crash.
If the authorities arrest the hit-and-run driver, the injured victim can file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party to pursue compensation for their losses. Unfortunately, not all Mission Viejo hit-and-run accidents result in an arrest. In cases involving a negligent driver who is not found by the authorities, financial compensation may still be available if the victim has uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage.
Damages that may be claimed through civil litigation or through uninsured motorist coverage include:
- Medical bills: All past and future medical bills related to the accident should be included. This includes emergency room services, hospitalization, medical testing, medical devices, prescription drug costs, surgical procedures and the costs related to rehabilitation services.
- Lost wages: If the victim had to miss work while receiving treatment or during the healing process, the lost wages should be considered during the claim process. In some cases, the injury may result in a decrease in the victim’s earning potential or may even make it impossible for the victim to earn a livelihood. Additional compensation should be available in motorcycle accident cases that result in catastrophic injuries or permanent disabilities.
- Pain and suffering: There are some cases where the victim can pursue financial compensation for non-financial losses such as physical pain and mental anguish. All injured motorcyclists would be well advised to keep a journal of their physical and emotional struggles after the accident.
Understanding Your Rights
The injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase hold an excellent track record of winning fair compensation for motorcycle accident victims and their families and holding at-fault motorists accountable for their actions. Please contact us to schedule a free, comprehensive and confidential consultation.
Call us at 949-203-3814 and have the opportunity to speak with a Mission Viejo personal injury lawyer.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660