Mission Viejo Car Accident Lawyers
The Mission Viejo Car Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase believe that if you have been critically injured in a car wreck you should be compensated for your pain and suffering.
Since 1978, the law frim of Bisnar Chase has been helping injury victims get their life back on track after their accident. Hefty medical bills and lost wages can be a heavy burden to carry alone. Bisnar Chase's Mission Viejo accident attorneys want to be there to relieve the stress of that burden.
If you or someone you love has experienced a devastating car crash due to someone else's negligence contact the personal injury attorneys at Bisnar Chase. If you call today you will receive a free case evaluation. Call 949-203-3814.
5 Causes of Catastrophic Motor Accidents
Car accidents occur for a variety of reasons that range from sending a quick text to driving under the influence. Liability for the vehicle collision is determined by law enforcement at the scene of the accident and also by the insurance company. Car accidents can be prevented. Below are the top five causes of vehicle crashes.
5 causes of car crashes
1. Texting and driving: Sending a text may seem like a simple factor for causing a vehicle accident, but one message can lead to deadly results. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) reported that at least nine fatalities result from texting and driving. What's even more shocking is that distracted driving increases your chances of being involved in a car accident than drinking and driving.
2. Driving over the speed limit: Speed limits are enforced to protect you and all other drivers on the road. One of the consequences of driving too fast is losing control of the wheel. Speeding is usually one of the factors of road rage and in the state of California can cost a driver a $360 dollar fine.
3. Impaired driving: Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence risks not only your life but the life of other drivers. Impaired driving or driving under the influence not only involves alcohol but can also involve marijuana or any illegal substances. If a person is driving with an alcohol content of 0.08% or higher, this is grounds for a DUI in the state of California.
4. Sleeping at the wheel: Experts say that drowsy driving can be as dangerous as drinking and driving. If a person has been awake for 18 hours or more it is the equivalent of having 0.05% of alcohol in your system. If you are sleep deprived and are experiencing heavy eyelids, yawning or find yourself tailgating another vehicle its best to pull over and take at least a 20-minute nap.
5. Weather conditions: The Weather Channel reports that weather-related car accidents are far more dangerous than floods, tornados and hurricanes. Over 5,900 people are killed each year due to minor or extreme weather conditions. Hazardous weather conditions such as snow can make it harder for drivers to see.
The Most Prominent Car Crash Injuries: Head and Back
Car accident injuries can range from a minor scrape to a traumatic brain injury. Accumulated costs for accidents in the United States measure out to be $277 billion dollars per year. Each person who has suffered severe injuries in a car accident will have accrued costs up to an estimated amount of $897 dollars. Brain and spinal cord injuries are the main injuries that result from a car wreck.
Traumatic brain injuries: A TBI is considered to be a blow to the head that causes an injury victim to lose consciousness or inflicts confusion upon a person for 30 minutes or more. TBI's that are categorized as "mild" may have serious impacts on a person later in life. Types of traumatic brain injuries can include a concussion or an open head injury.
Some symptoms of a head injury can be memory loss, mood swings and difficulty focusing.
Back injury: Whiplash, disc impairments and fractures are the different types of back injuries injury victims usually suffer from in a car wreck. Depending on the seriousness of the neck or spinal cord fracture victims can feel a slight discomfort or severe pain.
Signs of a facet joint injury can include: inability to move, bruising, swelling, migraines and pain.
Pain and Suffering Can be Challenging to Prove
The most successful Mission Viejo car collision lawyers urge their clients to keep a log that documents all details of their physical injuries. They also tell their clients to document the discomfort, anxiety, difficulty in sleeping or in staying awake, and other problems that resulted from the car accident.
To prove pain and suffering, one needs a written record, because people simply can't recall everything years after an accident.
Pain and suffering is any stress, physical or emotional, that is inflicted upon a person after an accident. The way in which insurance companies determine the pain and suffering of injury victims is the severity of the injuries. Insurance companies take into account whether or not the accident victim will need temporary or permanent care.
Some injuries that can be considered pain and suffering include:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment
- Physical deformities
- Any type of physical injury
Details make the Difference in Compensation
The very best Mission Viejo car crash lawyers advise car accident victims to maintain accurate records of their injuries. They tell their clients that if they want to be fairly compensated for their pain and suffering, they'll have to persuade hard-nosed insurance negotiators and skeptical jurors (should the case goes to trial) the full extent of their injuries.
The fact is, injured victims often must wait years to present their case to a jury--if the case ends up in trial. Imagine how difficult it would be to try to recall how your injuries impacted your daily activities. Or how painful simple tasks were for you during those early months of healing--things like bathing, preparing meals or putting dishes away. And would you be able to recall all the vacations and visits to relatives you missed due to your injuries? A daily or weekly log would be indispensable.
We Will Represent You
The injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase can show you what most car accident victims should be aware of--traps to avoid and procedures to follow -- if you wish to be fairly compensated for your pain and suffering.
The Mission Viejo Car Accident Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have been helping car accident victims earn millions in compensation for damages. Our legal representation has held a 96% success rate and our lawyers have been specilizing in injury cases for over 40 years.
If you have suffered from severe emotional or physical injuries from an automobile accident, contact the law office of Bisnar Chase. When you Call 949-203-3814 you will receive a free case analysis with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
1301 Dove St. #120
Newport Beach, CA 92660