Pomona Personal Injury Attorneys
The Pomona Personal Injury Lawyers of Bisnar Chase have over 40 years of experience helping victims recover from catastrophic injuries and holding negligent parties responsible for their actions. Our skilled team of attorneys and paralegals know the law from front to back and can aid you in taking legal action against the at-fault party.
Our law firm has a 96% success rate with our past clients and we offer a "no win, no fee" promise.
Call our personal injury attorneys in Pomona at 323-238-4683 to schedule your free consultation.
Pomona Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury case involves a person being harmed or killed by the fault of a negligent party. If a person or entity is found at fault for the injury, they are to compensate the injured for the property damage, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Those who are looking to file a personal injury claim in the state of California have two years from the date that the accident occurred. The same follows for a surviving spouse or family member that would want to file a wrongful death claim on the behalf of the deceased.
Common Personal Injury Questions
The Pomona personal injury attorneys of Bisnar Chase operate on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we do not win your case you do not need to pay a single cent. Contact our Los Angeles law office today for a free evaluation of your injury.
If you have suffered an injury, the only concern you should focus on is your recovery. A personal injury lawyer has the knowledge to not only win your case but also the compassion to walk you through such a sensitive matter.
Many accidents fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. Personal injury law cases include dog bites, slip and falls, car accidents, defective auto claims and wrongful deaths just to name a few. Contact a legal specialist to explore how much compensation you could potentially receive for this type of legal matter.
Calculating Your Pomona Accident Settlement
Injury victims are strongly advised to not rely on an online calculator. Online settlement calculators can over or underestimate the value of your case. These calculators could possibly be leaving out many details of your case that could potentially hinder the value of your compensation.
Personal injury lawyers take many factors into account when calculating how much compensation you are entitled to. Factors that can affect your settlement amount can be the severity of your injury, the amount of property damage, and how much negligence was involved.
What Are Common Personal Injuries?
Some of the most common types of incidents that result in personal injury claims in Pomona include:
- Defective product claims: Product manufacturers are obligated to make safe products as dictated by the law. Victims may be able to recover losses as well as compensation for pain and suffering if the product in question can be proven defective.
- Traffic accidents: Pomona is situated between the I-10, the 57 freeway, the 73 freeway and the 210 freeway. This location makes for severe congestion caused by commuters. Car, truck and motorcycle accidents occur all too often on the streets of Pomona, California. In addition, pedestrians can also potentially become victims. If you have been injured, you may qualify for compensation.
- Aviation accidents: Pomona is home to Brackett Field, a small, public airport. Accidents do tend to happen, so if you have been injured in an aviation accident, you may qualify for compensation.
- Nursing home abuse: It is the legal duty of nursing homes to give our elderly citizens nothing but the best treatment and report any wrongdoing. Failure to do so may entitle you and your loved one compensation for pain and suffering.
- Premises liability claims: The property owner has a responsibility to the public to keep their premises safe and alert the public about potentially dangerous conditions with warning signs. Those injured on-the-job, if they have fallen at their place of employment can file for workers compensation or a claim through a Pomona personal injury attorney.
- Slip and fall accidents: There are many supermarkets and other businesses in the city of Pomona that open their doors to the public and paying customers. When business do this, it is their responsibility to keep the property clean and safe for all. This includes keeping the floors dry. Failure to do so, regardless of the circumstance is negligence and may qualify you for compensation if injured on the property.
- Dog bite claims: California's strict liability statute requires that dog owners be held financially responsible for injuries caused by their pets. You may be able to receive compensation if you have been injured in a dog bite accident.
- Pedestrian accidents: In the state of California, pedestrians or crosswalks always have the right-away. When motorists fail to give pedestrians the right-away they are not only breaking the law but they can potentially injure or kill a person. Do not drive distracted or try to beat a pedestrian at a red light.
- Uber and Lyft crashes: As the popularity of ride-sharing companies rises, so do the accidents and injuries that involve. A study conducted by the University of Chicago recorded that " Lyft or Uber have been associated with a 2-3% increase in the amount of fatal accidents." One of the causes that leads to a ride-sharing accident is deadheading. Deadheading refers to the time that is spent on the road waiting for a person to ask to be picked up through the app.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Millions of people suffer from traumatic head injuries from causes such as car accidents, bike accidents or slip and falls. A traumatic brain injury is dangerous because symptoms or damage may not be found until years later. If a person is experiencing radical mood swings, changes in sleeping patterns, or is more forgetful than usual this may be a symptom of a brain injury.
- Wrongful death claims: The surviving family members of the deceased have two years to file a wrongful death claim on behalf of their loved one. There are two types of damages that can be compensated to surviving family members or domestic partners which include economic and non-economic damages. Non-economic damages can involve the loss of companionship or emotional trauma. Economic damages can include property damage or the loss or future earnings that the deceased would have accumulated in their lifetime.
If you have experienced any types of these incidents or if you have questions about a miscellaneous case not mentioned above, contact our Pomona personal injury attorneys now for free legal advice with a law expert.
Seek Medical Treatment Immediatley After an Accident
Seeking medical attention should be you and your party's first priority above all else if you have become a victim of a personal injury accident. Not only are your health and well-being on the line, but your trip to the hospital may help you down the line when you and your attorney attempt to claim compensation for your injuries.
When you visit the hospital, not only will you be treated for your injuries, but all your injuries will be documented the day of the accident. Your lawyer can then use this documentation as evidence when you both are seeking compensation for medical expenses or property damage.
It is imperative that you seek medical help right away after your accident because if you refuse medical help, insurance adjusters will factor this into the low-ball settlement they will offer you for your accident. Our Pomona personal injury lawyers can't stress enough how important it is to seek medical attention after an accident.
Receiving A Fair Settlement from the Insurance Companies
Insurance companies will always try to low-ball you in your settlement offer. It does not matter how loyal of a customer you have been to them or how much they boast their ethics on their advertising and marketing efforts because the bottom line for these companies will always be profit. These companies put profit margins on a higher priority than the customers that they serve, so before you take any settlement offer from these companies, consider the following tips before proceeding:
- Do your research: Insurance companies will pressure you into giving a statement of the accident before you can even regain your composure. Do not give in to this intimidation. It is imperative that you talk to your attorney first about what happened so that your lawyer can advise you on the best way to proceed. Write down some notes about the accident while they are still fresh in your mind and have them in front of you when you decide to issue your statement to the insurance company.
- Understand your rights: It is important to remember that you have rights during this time. Anything that you say to the insurance adjuster can and most likely will be held against you, so it is of the utmost importance that you choose your words wisely. You also have the right to opt-out of a recorded statement. Before you issue your statement to the insurance adjuster, state that you do not want your statement to be recorded. Say this at the beginning, say it slowly and clearly, and ask for confirmation with the insurance adjuster before proceeding. Be firm in your position. The insurance adjuster may insist that it is for the greater good of accuracy or they may attempt to confuse you stating that they are following legal procedure. Do not give in to these persuasion tactics.
- Talk to your lawyer: Touch base with your attorney before and after every time you talk to an insurance adjuster. It is imperative that you keep your lawyer up to date with all the information on your case so they can advise you on the best course of action as the case unfolds.
Consult Personal Injury Lawyer in Pomona CA
Your lawyer will let you know when an adequate settlement has been reached. Do not take any offers before your attorney gives you permission to do so. The reason why is that you, as the victim, are entitled to one settlement offer only for your injuries. If you jump the gun and accept a settlement offer before your lawyer can analyze it, you may not receive enough to cover all the costs pertaining to your injuries.
In addition, once you have accepted a settlement, you can no longer pursue compensation regardless of the amount that was offered to you nor any outstanding costs pertaining to your injury. Constantly touching base with our Pomona personal injury attorneys will prevent the insurance companies from taking advantage of you.
We understand what a difficult time this can be for you and your family, so our Pomona personal injury lawyers aim to help you make the recovery process as easy as possible.
If you are located in the following Southern California zip codes and are seeking help for your accident case contact us today!
Zip codes we serve:
If You Have Been Injured, Contact Our Pomona California Attorneys
If you have been injured in the city of Pomona, contact us today for your free case review. We have been serving the Pomona area amongst cities in counties such as San Bernardino, Riverside, and Los Angeles for over 40 years.
Call the Law Firm of Bisnar Chase Lawyer now at 323-238-4683 for your Free Consultation. Our award-winning team is standing by ready to answer all your legal questions.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6701 Center Drive West, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90045