Los Angeles Parking Lot Accident Lawyers
Los Angeles Parking Lot Accident Lawyers at Bisnar Chase has you covered with our team of highly skilled and experienced team of
attorneys ready to fight and win your case.
The majority of people encounter all different types of situations in parking lots that can pose a serious risk to their health and safety. From finding a parking space, to walking from your parked car to the entrance of the store can be a traumatic experience.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a parking lot accident, call our skilled team of highly experienced Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation at 323-238-4683.
Parking Lot Chaos
Parking lots can be very cramped, congested and chaotic, increasing the risk factor for:
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Hit and Runs
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
Dangerous and potentially deadly situations can occur in milliseconds, especially in parking lots. With the close proximity, tight parking spaces and heavy pedestrian foot traffic, it was a miracle there was nobody crossing the street when the driver in the vehicle below careened out of control.
Top 3 Most Common Parking Lot Accidents
Although we are familiar with parking the car in the nearest parking lot to go shopping for groceries, clothes or even at the dealership, there is always danger all
around. Serious and fatal injuries are prevalent in parking lots because of the tight-packed spaces and powerful and heavy automobiles all cramped together.
Mix in the rush hour traffic trying to grab some groceries after work on a weekday and you have chaos and danger painted all over it.
The Top 5 Most Common Parking Lot Accidents consist of the following:
- Fender-Benders: This can consist of mild accidents resulting in two cars going for the same parking spot at the same time, to backing into a car while pulling out, side swiping a car by getting to close, or even drivers that are attempting to reverse or pull forward, when the car is still in the opposite direction.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Drivers running down pedestrians in the parking lot is very common. Shoppers leaving the store many times walkout into the crosswalk expecting traffic to stop immediately, but sometimes fail to do so and are struck by a vehicle.
- Hit-and-Runs: Drivers often times do not want to deal with the protocol of exchanging insurance and contact information and will flee the scene of the accidents.
Watch this CBS News Video on Parking Lot Car Accidents and Pedestrian Accidents, and how Distracted Driving can lead to deadly consequences.
Facts You Didn't Know About Parking Lots
- 1 out of 5 car accidents take place in a parking lot
- 25% of all parking lot accidents are caused by vehicles backing up. It is advisable that you watch out for other drivers and pedestrians while doing so.
- Tragically, an average of over 500 people (drivers and pedestrians) were killed each year in parking lot accidents.
- NHTSA estimates that 22% (more than one-fifth) of children between ages 5 and 9 killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians. Most of these accidents occurred because drivers failed to see kids while backing up their vehicles.
Dangers of Parking Structures
Parking garages and structures pose risks of danger because of blind spots, limited visibility and the compact area.
Other hazards include:
- Elevated levels
- Concrete beams
- Low-hanging ceilings
- Concrete poles and posts
- Steel cables
There is also the risk of:
- Collapse; especially in Southern California and along the San Andreas fault
- The structure failing
- Premise liabilities
Legal Representation That Cares
For over 39 Years, the Los Angeles Parking Lot Attorneys at Bisnar Chase have been representing their clients with a compassionate understanding and professional foundation.
Our team of highly skilled and experienced lawyers at Bisnar Chase have established a 99% success rate, winning over $650 Million for our clients.
If you need a lawyer who won't back down from a difficult case, give us a call and receive a Free Case Evaluation. Our lawyers and staff are available to answer any questions you may have.
Call for your Free Consultation at 323-238-4683.
Bisnar Chase Personal Injury Attorneys
6701 Center Drive West, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90045